Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Elite Member

Jump Festa FF-XIII and FFV-XIII News

For Final Fantasy XIII -

This years Final Fantasy XIII Jump Festa trailer was shown today (in the Closed Mega Theatre) and is once again an extension of all previous FFXIII trailers featuring new scenes mixed in with old ones. Thanks to FF&KH Blog we have a brief summary of what happens in Final Fantasy XIII's newest trailer. The translation is quite poor so some details may be updated.

This time, the trailer features a new song.
    The train scene from the E3 2006 and CLOUD DVD is extended.
    The scene with the Blonde man on the motorcycle is extended to show him summoning Shiva.
    The Pig tailed girl from the TGS trailer in September appears in this trailer. She's described as not looking human and uses a harp. From their trailer report, FF&KH Blog believe she summons Carbuncle (the GF from FFVIII).
    After the Final Fantasy XIII logo appears, an "Only for Playstation 3" message is displayed.

We'll keep you updated with any new information we recieve.
    http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/2007/12...appearing.html

Apparently Ifrit is in it as well - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=219768

Final Fantasy Versus 13 -

Japan FF-XIII.net (FXN) reporter Maiki has seen the new Final Fantasy Versus XIII trailer at the currently running Jump Festa convention in Japan, of which Square Enix has erected their notorious Closed Mega Theatre in once again.

Craftily reporting this snippet of news from here cellphone, Maiki has also put up her reproduction drawing of one of the Characters, seen here on the left with the slicked back hair:

New Character 1

The man is choke holding another character we haven't seen yet but have know of as the shot gun man, in Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

The other new character Maiki simply described as a man with glasses. Excuse the brief description as Maiki is currently running all over the Jump Festa and reporting from here cellphone.

Thanks to FXN Forums Super Moderator Katya for picking up on the update.
    A little info to feed the hype

UPDATE:
    FF&KH Blog have updated their blog again with the Final Fantasy Versus XIII Jump Festa Trailer impressions/descriptions. Kanae is writing from memory, so some details may be incorrect or missing, she says. The google translation is also fairly bad and hard to interpret, but we're working on getting a proper translation soon. Until then, here is everything I think I an understand from it but it should by no means be taken as true until we get a proper translation from somewhere!

Footage from the CLOUD DVD Trailer is cut in.
    New footage as well as old.
    No voice acting.

The Radio conversation in The Prince's car (cut from the CLOUD DVD trailer) speaks of an ending cold war.
    The Prince sees the "Skirt Girl". [See characters page]
    "Large" men in black suits are sat around a long table in a "Silver Cathedral" discussing the cold war/current events. (?)
    The "Staircase" fight scene from previous trailers is shown. When The Prince walks back inside (At the end of the CLOUD DVD Trailer) he is "ambushed" by the White Cloaked man.
    The city changes to daytime in which it seems more medieval (?)
    The "Skirt Girl", who seems to be the heroine, is seen having a conversation with The Shotgun Guy while walking down the street.
    After their brief conversation the two new characters appear. One of them is rather large (Kanae refers his size to "Mr. 33cm" from Final Fantasy XIII) and another who is dressed much like one of the Turks from Final Fantasy VII.
    The Shotgun Guy laughs mockingly at them. (?)
    The Prince's car is shown driving through the "wilderness"? Perhaps the baron desert area Nomura has spoken of.

*I can't understand this part of the translation*
    Wilderness scene of the car again.
    車をとめて金髪の青年と主人公が降りてくる。 The car over when young and blond heroine Falls.
    主 人公は車の運転席である右側、青年は左側から降りてきます。 The main character is the right of the driver's seat of the car, the young man is descended from the left side.
    青年は常に肩に銃をのせてます。 Youth is always strict gun shoulder.
    道の先が水没しており、進めない様子。 Information is flooding the road and not go on air.
    水没した道路、そしてその先の道を眺める二人。 Submerged roads, and the two look at the way forward.
    (二人とも「途方にくれる」というより、その情景をじっくり見ているような感じでした) (Both "preposterous to me," rather than the scene he sees a good feeling did)
    All the characters appear to be in the car with The Prince.
    A continuation of the "White Robed Man" confrontation scene.
    The long table discussion scene is also continued to show another man entering, causing everyone in the room to look over and stop talking (?)
    The scene of The Prince fighting the soldiers is continued.
    A building is destroyed (?) reminds Kanae of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.
    A scene between the Skirt Girl and The Prince is shown. Kanae is not sure if they behave like best friends or lovers.
    Blue and Red symbols appear behind The Prince and the Skirt Girl respectively.
    They look angry at each other, the Skirt Girl unsheathes a sword, the camera pans to her face to show her purple eyes and the Final Fantasy Versus XIII logo is shown, along with a Shakespeare quote shortly after.
    http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/

Maiki once again reporting from the Jump Festa has mustered quite the trailer summary for Final Fantasy XIII, and another Final Fantasy Versus XIII. She goes on to top herself with art too that she's drawn from memory of watching the two trailers.

Here's the guts of it all:

Final Fantasy XIII
    -Music was a slow peaceful string-centric orchestral piece
    -Very pale-skinned lady in a white flowy dress and feathery hair played a huge harp on a watery surface
    -In a dark space, a floating object spewed out a bunch of CD-like discs all over the place and Pigtails Girl picked one
    -Later you see a small creature with white body but greeny face summoned (out of the disc?) and the girl smiled at it

Final Fantasy Versus XIII
    -(from what Maiki gathers) there was text that looked like "the organization of destruction" that flashed before they showed a mafia-like organization
    -a keyword that looked like "fugitive" flashed before Shotgun Guy
    -- Two more male characters joined in: Scar-eyed Guy and Glasses Guy
    -Scar-eyed Guy showed up and gave Shotgun Guy a headlock after Shotgun Guy gave the Prince a headlock (but not right after)
    -- The four guys (Scar-eye, Shotgun, Glasses and Prince) stood on a building's rooftop, staring away at a different building looming far away from them
    -The Prince look determined then turned around and walked away, the others followed suit
    -Robed person scene doesn't look much different but his hair style changed a bit

FFXIII - Harp Lady
    FFXIII - Pigtails Girl
    Versus - Scar and Glasses
    Versus - Scar and Shotgun
    Versus - Shotgun and Glasses
    Hooded Guy
    Versus - Blond Woman

Forum Discussion
    http://ff-xiii.net/index.php?page=article&article=213

Something about Bahamut / Ifrit in FFKH Blog. http://ffkh.blog31.fc2.com/ Waiting for some translation.

Superior Member
    Already posted this but it was in the wrong section. I will ask mods to delete my thread so yours will be used.

A poster on Neo-Gaf has stated that Ifrit has been confirmed too. Might want to add that in your post.
    Consoles- Playstation 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii.

Superior Member

That's sad that we can't see a trailer with only a few seconds more footage here and there. Oh well, that's S-E for ya.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerPwnsYou1986 View Post
    Already posted this but it was in the wrong section. I will ask mods to delete my thread so yours will be used.

A poster on Neo-Gaf has stated that Ifrit has been confirmed too. Might want to add that in your post.
    I updated my first post. I'll update tomorrow as more news comes in. Going to go play some UT3 for a while then go to bed.

Elite Sage
    Get ready guys, we might actually see these trailers.

Next Christmas

The King Of Kings
    SE really know how to keep people wanting for more.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    kados
    Quote Originally Posted by byoushinn View Post
    Get ready guys, we might actually see these trailers.

Next Christmas
    Most of us already have seen them but for anyone that hasnt.

13: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/u...es/146558.html
    vs 13: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/u...es/146554.html

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dasteru View Post
    Most of us already have seen them but for anyone that hasnt.

13: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/u...es/146558.html
    vs 13: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/u...es/146554.html
    The trailers shown at Jump Festa are not those trailers but completly new ones, the ones we got from the CLOUD DVD was about a year old or something.

On topic: Very intersting info especially that about the new girl not being human, i always hope that atleast one of the main charracters are not human

tamud
    Good more CGI too boot sigh......

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorondir View Post
    The trailers shown at Jump Festa are not those trailers but completly new ones, the ones we got from the CLOUD DVD was about a year old or something.

On topic: Very intersting info especially that about the new girl not being human, i always hope that atleast one of the main charracters are not human
    her description originally made her sound like the lame selphie/penelo/riku type character, so hopefully this whole none human thing will add some dynamic to her character and make her awesome(like fran) and not cliched and annoying.

Dedicated Member
    her description originally made her sound like the lame selphie/penelo/riku type character, so hopefully this whole none human thing will add some dynamic to her character and make her awesome(like fran) and not cliched and annoying.
    HAHA! Exactly what my sister said when I told her about this new character. I guess it wouldnt be a true jrpg without at least one irritating character. Btw, my initial impression of Penelo was not a good one, but she turned out to be surprisingly mature and level-headed. Ashe was a more irritating FF12 character to me.

Superior Member
    Penelo really didn't fit that stereotype at all although i to belived she would be that way at first she turned out to be not like that at all, unlike many here though the Yuffie, Selphie, Rikku and to a lesser degree Eiko type didn't really bother me at all.

Dedicated Member
    Yup, I wasnt too bothered by most of them as well. With the exception of Selphie, none of them made me feel like I wanted to punch something. So long as they dont cross the line too often, these characters actually inject some youthful energy into the main cast. I'd say that of all of them, Eiko is my best 'irritating' character.

Elite Sage
    Im exited to see the news that comes from Jump Festa over the next few days
    i think theres gonna be an FF Disiddia trailer and stuff like that, so all i not lost! (despite the lack of ff13 stuff)
    i hope for some new rpgs to be announced too.

Apprentice
    I hope that they finally get with the prgramme and announce Star Ocean 4 properly. Ah Square-enix why must you continue our love hate relationship. Why must I wait so long for FFXIII.......

Credit FXN/ Tuna_caitsith for sig and Shatterheart for avi
    "You think you die and that's that! You think you die and everything'll be sugar and rainbows"
    PSN ID: Senju_Karim

Superior Member

when are we going to see gameplay

Elite Sage
    new info nicked from gaf:

Final Fantasy XIII
    -Music was a slow peaceful string-centric orchestral piece
    -Very pale-skinned lady in a white flowy dress and feathery hair played a huge harp on a watery surface
    -In a dark space, a floating object spewed out a bunch of CD-like discs all over the place and Pigtails Girl picked one
    -Later you see a small creature with white body but greeny face summoned (Carbuncle ) (out of the disc?) and the girl smiled at it

Final Fantasy Versus XIII
    -(from what Maiki gathers) there was text that looked like "the organization of destruction" that flashed before they showed a mafia-like organization
    -a keyword that looked like "fugitive" flashed before Shotgun Guy
    -- Two more male characters joined in: Scar-eyed Guy and Glasses Guy
    -Scar-eyed Guy showed up and gave Shotgun Guy a headlock after Shotgun Guy gave the Prince a headlock (but not right after)
    -- The four guys (Scar-eye, Shotgun, Glasses and Prince) stood on a building's rooftop, staring away at a different building looming far away from them
    -The Prince look determined then turned around and walked away, the others followed suit
    -Robed person scene doesn't look much different but his hair style changed a bit

some sketches of the various characters on the site too:
    CHECK OUT THE SKETCHES
    http://www.ff-xiii.net/

Siren possibly? From FF8

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    After the Final Fantasy XIII logo appears, an "Only for Playstation 3" message is displayed.
    YAAAAAAY! Now we can squash the MGS4ing of yet another PS3 exclusive

Dedicated Member
    After watching the CLOUD DVD trailers, I realized that what I hear and read from sources are 200% incomparable to seeing it with my own eyes. Such was the greatness of the FF13 and FFvs13 videos. Still I thank those who expend the effort in bringing the latest news to the masses. Keep it coming!

Elite Sage
    the FFKHblog also mentions IFRIT and BAHAMUT destroying the inside of Cocoon

Superior Member
    the FFKHblog also mentions IFRIT and BAHAMUT destroying the inside of Cocoon

Your getting rep from me byoushinn. It kinda pisses me off that the op isn't updating this as things come in.
    Consoles- Playstation 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii.

Just lovely. I thought I got a special treat with the Cloud DVD trailers that I had been waiting forever to finally feast my eyes on (and my, were they a feast). Now I'm anxiously awaiting another trailer that I probably won't see for months (if months = years). I love you, S-E. I really do.

Elite Guru
    Did Versus have the "ONLY FOR PLAYSTATION 3" logo come up after its trailer?

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryuker View Post
    Siren possibly? From FF8
    Yeah thats what I was thinking. God I love how the characters are sounding. FFXIII so far has all of the elements I loved about FFX FFVII FFVIII. Im so fricking hyped.

Thread Information