Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Both of these games cant come out soon enough I have always enjoyed all the FF games and im sure these will be no different

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeDevil View Post
    Did Versus have the "ONLY FOR PLAYSTATION 3" logo come up after its trailer?
    Erm it should have it, maybe the person forget to write it.
    PSN and XBL ID: EspadaKiller

Steam ID: god_of_shawn

My blog: www.espadakiller.wordpress.com Follow me @twitter as well!

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by FiNaL-FaNtAsY View Post
    Yeah thats what I was thinking. God I love how the characters are sounding. FFXIII so far has all of the elements I loved about FFX FFVII FFVIII. Im so fricking hyped.
    she's described as being on a rock emerging from water, playing a harp. She has feathery hair and is very slender, and she has slightly dark skin, (it actually refers to the Viera skin tone from ffxii here in the blog) and she doesnt look human - so yeah im pretty sure that it's Siren.

interesting how there seems to be a huge focus on summons in these trailers, theyve been kinda redundant lately so its nice going back to the roots.

Sony samurai
    Quote Originally Posted by byoushinn View Post
    interesting how there seems to be a huge focus on summons in these trailers, theyve been kinda redundant lately so its nice going back to the roots.
    Maybe they are trying to tell us something after the fiasco that was summons in FFXII.

Super Elite
    summons are great, but i only care that Ifirit is in the game. he was my favorite from FFX
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman228 View Post
    nintendo games make me want to punch babies.

Sony samurai
    Quote Originally Posted by Smog282 View Post
    summons are great, but i only care that Ifirit is in the game. he was my favorite from FFX
    I think Ifrit is one of the standard summons that will be in all FF games unless they are some jokes like FFXII.

Dedicated Member

I wish Square Enix would i gve us more solid details about the game, even if they're not releasing it for another year. It would be nice if they showed off the trailers from behind closed doors a month or so after they've been shown at the events, instead of making us wait 6+ months.

Back to the topic, i've read somewhere on the internet rumours about the blonde-haired guy from ff13 being Cloud, that would be awesome. Plus, I like all of the new summons taking part in the games, with the difference that they are machines which have be driven, hopefully into battle, which is a coll take on these lengendary summons, and seems quite fitting too!
    Solid Snake "I'm no hero, never was".

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by NAJC View Post
    I wish Square Enix would i gve us more solid details about the game, even if they're not releasing it for another year. It would be nice if they showed off the trailers from behind closed doors a month or so after they've been shown at the events, instead of making us wait 6+ months.

Back to the topic, i've read somewhere on the internet rumours about the blonde-haired guy from ff13 being Cloud, that would be awesome. Plus, I like all of the new summons taking part in the games, with the difference that they are machines which have be driven, hopefully into battle, which is a coll take on these lengendary summons, and seems quite fitting too!
    That's not at all true unfortunately
    the DVD the trailers came on was called CLOUD, this, combined with a bit of wishful thinking people started speculating about it
    it's not Cloud, not even close.

Superior Member
    Man this game just keep getting better and better, the old summons are back the characters sound interesting, and the story sounds great as dous the music. Can it get better?

Dedicated Member

That's not at all true unfortunately
    the DVD the trailers came on was called CLOUD, this, combined with a bit of wishful thinking people started speculating about it
    it's not Cloud, not even close.
    I know it is a bit wishful, and I know people are seeing what they want to see, as lots of people have said they would love a FF7 remake, but its not impossible is it. I mean, it could be him with a futurist appearance as the game is based in. But we'll never know until the producers announce his details. Plus, don't forget Square Enix dd say they migt revisit FF7 as the end of Crisis Core did have something unexpected at the end, can't remember what that was though.

Also, forgot to say, I love the futuristic setting, certainly makes a welcomed change.

Dedicated Member

I would really appreciate it if they showed a decent amount of actual in-game footage so that we get an idea of how much of the action in the trailer can be replicated by a user in the game. Otherwise, the game looks sweet.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by NAJC View Post
    I know it is a bit wishful, and I know people are seeing what they want to see, as lots of people have said they would love a FF7 remake, but its not impossible is it. I mean, it could be him with a futurist appearance as the game is based in. But we'll never know until the producers announce his details. Plus, don't forget Square Enix dd say they migt revisit FF7 as the end of Crisis Core did have something unexpected at the end, can't remember what that was though.

Also, forgot to say, I love the futuristic setting, certainly makes a welcomed change.
    yes the ending of Crisis Core links directly to the secret ending of Dirge of Cerberus, this link means that there must be a sequel or another spin off of some sort, because chronoligically, the event which happened is the most recent even of ff7 (the event implies REVENGE and an awakening) so the story is not finished.

Superior Member

Okay, well the new information surely makes these new trailers sound very interesting. I hope they release these trailers and go more in depth with the games sometime next year. Hopefully.

Dedicated Member

Okay, well the new information surely makes these new trailers sound very interesting. I hope they release these trailers and go more in depth with the games sometime next year. Hopefully.
    Well, you never know what might happen next year, we might even get one of the two games in the shops. If so, we should ge some news soon, I blieve Sony hold an event about March time, which would be a good time for them to show off some of the early code.

What was your favourite part of the FF13 and FF Versus 13 trailers? Mine was the part where the prince walked down the steps to comfront the soldiers, he looked invincible, and he was so cool in the way that he effortlessly took them out.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerPwnsYou1986 View Post
    Your getting rep from me byoushinn. It kinda pisses me off that the op isn't updating this as things come in.
    Sorry, Sorry. Had a few things come up today.

Superior Member
    Well if we don't get to see them this year we are guaranted to see something next year as both Nomura and Kitase have said that Fabula Nova Crystallis will have a proper unvailing in 2008.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by byoushinn View Post
    Since summons are so different in this game, I'm not surprised. They're not just your usual killing machine beasts, but have more into them than just that. Like Shiva's (or, rather, Shiva sisters') ability to turn into a motorcycle

Now playing: PSP: Persona 3 Portable (3)DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D PS3: deBlob 2 PC: The Witcher 2
    Next In Line: Ghost Trick
    Recently Finished:

Superior Member
    To be honest with all of you. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they didn't show us any gameplay footage.
    Consoles- Playstation 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii.

Dedicated Member

To be honest with all of you. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they didn't show us any gameplay footage.
    I know what you mean, they like to keep stuff under wraps for a VERY LONG time, but I'm sure they will show us something soon.

Well if we don't get to see them this year we are guaranted to see something next year as both Nomura and Kitase have said that Fabula Nova Crystallis will have a proper unvailing in 2008.
    Do you have a link for that, I'm not doubting hte creditablity of what you just said, but I would like to see it for myself.

Just a quick question. Are the trailers Maiki and Kanae saw for Final Fantasy Versus XIII/Final Fantasy XV these:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rj9BdjoQxs
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=gslrNf-eZTA

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Those were way after 2007 (IIRC 2010/2011?)

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    YAAAAAAY! Now we can squash the MGS4ing of yet another PS3 exclusive
    lol Pretty ironic that MGS4 ended up staying exclusive, while FFXIII ended up going multi-platform.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Well it much harder to make MGS4 multiplat at that point, FF13 had its entire engine redone so they could port it, delaying it us the ass.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    Quote Originally Posted by IFUGGITIVI View Post
    Just a quick question. Are the trailers Maiki and Kanae saw for Final Fantasy Versus XIII/Final Fantasy XV these:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rj9BdjoQxs
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=gslrNf-eZTA
    One is just CG and the other is with the Lost Odyssey final battle theme.

God 2007 I remember when I was excited back then. 6-7 years later wow time has gone quick.

Here's the old leaked gameplay trailer for versus too
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkZvdT3QS4k
    Playing - Legend of Heroes:Trails Of The Sky (Steam),Persona 4 Golden
    Awaiting - Xenoblade Chronicles X,Persona Q, Oreshika:Tainted Bloodlines, Ys
    Next, Tales of Zestiria, Tales Of Hearts R and Persona 5

Thread Information