Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 19 111 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Sony's Halo Killer - Killzone

KILLZONE

This game has caught my attention recently. I saw it in a PS2 magazine and thought, this defiantly looks like something special. Some might know this game as 'Kin' but the developers have changed the name to Kill Zone. This game apparently is Sony's 'Halo Killer'

Let me fill you in on some of the details...The game is set in the near future, during a time of space colonisation (sounds like Red Faction) and is based around 4 Earth Soldiers who get trapped behind enemy lines. The game will start with the troops surrounded by enemy forces in a kind of 'Kill Zone' And itís up to you to shoot it out and progress through the game.

You will be able to choose 1 of 4 characters, each of whom has their own weapons and abilities. The game will feature online and multiplayer modes, which are rumoured to be some of the best ever made. From what I've seen so far the game looks great and will feature some pretty epic battles. This game's definitely got me excited.

The games scheduled for a 2004 release.

Blake
    Yep, this has cause a huge stir among the Sony community. The game defintally looks to be pushing PS2's power. Now if only the gameplay turns out as good as the game looks.... We'll see though.

the game looks pretty interesting but i doubt it can take on halo and not even close to halo 2

Blake
    Have you realised how much buzz in the gaming industry this game has caused? Read a little more into it, it wont topple Halo for sure but it'll be a competitor.

Apprentice

I hated Halo for the xbox -_-. It was pretty boring after a while to say the very least.
    If you put limits on yourself on what you do, you may aswell be dead.It will eventually spread into your entire being. There are no limits only plateauxs. You must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you.

I hope it turns out alot better that Halo. Every time I start a conversation with a xbox fan, all they bring up is Halo, and how nothing can campare to it.
    Maybe this will shut them up for a while, until Halo 2 comes out.

Blake
    Yet they dont realise that's about the only good game soley on X-box. You cant shut up arrogance.

true

Blake
    Just realised my comment was problly a little arrogant it's self. Sorry guys.

Apprentice

No problem they have their opinions you have your's. I think Halo is pointless I would rather play tetris. lol
    If you put limits on yourself on what you do, you may aswell be dead.It will eventually spread into your entire being. There are no limits only plateauxs. You must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you.

halo was a good game with many people. thats what xboxs are good for; multiple people instead of rpgs

Actually I played Halo for the first time a few days ago, and it's not all that bad. The best thing it has is it's multi player, which was alot of fun. But i'm more of a fan of Socom U.S. Navy Seals online, now that was fun.

the best thing to do with halo and xboxs is to get 2 or 3 and hook them up in different rooms and play against each other on teams.

Blake
    So basically Lan play?

pretty much

Veteran
    Halo is definitely a good game, thereís no disputing that! However how many Xbox fans could only blurt out this and a few other Xbox games when asked to name the best Xbox titles. The list seems to run dry much faster than the PS2's. On the other side of the coin PS2 *apparently* has too many Sequels and not enough originality. I think this couldnít be farther from the case, take games like ICO, Eye Toy: Play, XIII, and Music 3000 the list goes on. The sequels are all great games too. Sequel (in my eyes) means a better version of the original (in most cases) and whats wrong with that! Imagine if GTA VC never came out! I myself would loose my mind trying to fathom a world without sequels. All my favourite games would be non-existent. Let's just see if KillZone can really beat HALO. Here'e hoping it does.

N.B - It turn's out the term 'Halo Beater' was touted by Sony to drive anticipation for the game - In case you didnít already know that! Also the game has had an unprecedented amount of Fan sites devoted to it before itís even come out! Looks like it will have quite some Fan base which should boost the games sales significantly

Dedicated Member
    The problem with gamers today is that they are always comparing everything even when they can't really be compared. while not a really good example killzone is one of those games where every1 compares it to halo and says is it going to be better then halo. well the 2 games are very very very very different infact the only real thing that connects them is that they are both FPS. halo is a 'pretty' (graphics) and is a run and gun while killzone is gritty and is not a run and gun (more of a tactical fps but im not sure if it is or not)
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

it looks like a good game but i think that rainbow 6 3 is going to be really good too on the ps2

Blake
    Your right gaming ultima, beside the fact that they both involve shooting...they are two different games. People want to think of them as similar though. What really makes them similar is that Halo was a killer game on X-box while with all the hype surrounding Kill Zone, PS2 fans expect it to also be a killer title. That is why many are pointing fingers at Kill Zone and saying hey...this can topple Halo! Halo will still stand firm with the same fanbase, Kill Zone if as good as expected should create it's own. There's really not going to be one or the other taking charge. Casual gamers like me would enjoy playing both, while you know alot of fanboys are going to be clinging to one or the other.

Dedicated Member
    yea but just because both may be really popular doesnt mean that u should compare them
    this is what im going to be doing with my shooters ; 1 level of halo 2 ; 1 level of killzone ; 1 chunk of far cry (does far cry hav levels) ; 1 level of half life 2 (if i upgrade my graphics card so i can play it with much better graphics then my ageing Geforce 4 mx 420 (dont laugh at the mx, there allright u know) then im going to play them all in multiplayer (if half life 2 has multiplayer and im pretty sure far cry doesnt but oh well) and then back to single player and so on
    for those of u who want more info on killzone go to www.killzonegame.com its unoffical but the best site for killzone news and it has all the screens, fakes, bad quality scans and all (and some videos that scee (sony computer entertainment europe) got mad about after tv show airing them when they wernt meant to)
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

Blake
    Im not saying you should compare them. I was just suggesting that's the reason many want to compare them. I myself do not make a comparison of the two. It's just lame and Halo is a guaranteed sucess while Kill Zone is a likely. So what's all the emphasis on saying this one will topple that one? It's just an argument that fanboys are going to drag out for a while.

Anonymous

Looks poor. But then again, that'll suit PS3 just fine.

Playstation's games and features are just wannabe's and copies of games from the better consoles, looks like this game is a nother one for the list.

The Joysticks - N64's controller

The vibration - N64's rumble pack

The CD - Sega Saturn

CTR - Mario Kart

Crash Bandicoot - Mario

Imagination is something Sony will never have, I'll be damned if they're even worthy of it.

Anonymous Jones
    Trapped on an Alien planet and you hafta shoot your way out?

Original? No
    Fun? Maybe with better graphics (or on a different console)
    Copied? YES!

Anonymous

Yeah, better graphics. Then PS might even reach Pacman level for once.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pogon
    looks poor blah blah blah blah blah
    every1 is entitled to their opin but if u think killzone has 'poor' graphics thn u must hav some wired tastes
    sony just copies other companies *cough cough*. i think your fogetting that microsoft are the real copy cats of this world hence the reason why there always beeing donw for copywrite and trademark infringement and things like that. nintendo was a great company but it carnt come up with any decent well anything at the moment. and wot u said about the n64 rumble pack well it was a huge thing that id rather not have and sony built in the dual shock into their controllers which the latter version were better then any toher controller anyway
    and as for graphics well when u can come up with a racing game that has better graphics then GT4 i might just think that the ps2 is only capable of ok graphics. but then again i shouldnt expect much from some1 that hasnt done his/her research and is bias and it wouldnt surprise me if you just are a fanboy
    - Albert Einstein

Thread Information