Page 1 of 38 111 ... LastLast
    Elite Guru

PSP Helpline: Stuck? Ask here!

Having troubles with your PSP? Just can't figure something out? Any trouble that you may have may be answered here.

Affinity
    Great idea, i am just trying to help someone with a PSP music transfer problem, see thread above, could a mod move it here?

EDIT: the thread is below now

Apprentice

How do i get music on my psp and how do i save my games on the computer so i format my mermory stick

Master Poster
    Stickied and title renamed. Happy helping guys!
    Co-Founder: PSU | Playfire

Basic Chair
    Alright, I'll be the first customer. I bought one of the first PSPs on the day it came out. However, about a week ago, I accidentally left it on the sofa, and my brother sat on it. Now the screen is cracked.
    Do you know of a place where:
    A: I can get it fixed, or...
    B: I can sell it for parts. (other than ebay, because I have had bad past experiences.)
    Thank You very much for making this thread.

AJJets107
    i bought a usb cable today but i don't know how to music in there

Affinity
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic Chair
    Alright, I'll be the first customer. I bought one of the first PSPs on the day it came out. However, about a week ago, I accidentally left it on the sofa, and my brother sat on it. Now the screen is cracked.
    Do you know of a place where:
    A: I can get it fixed, or...
    B: I can sell it for parts. (other than ebay, because I have had bad past experiences.)
    Thank You very much for making this thread.
    Right, well you are being far to drastic about this, its not the end of your psp and selling off parts is just cruel, how could you betray your psp like that ?

Anyway, the first option is to call sony. In the back of your instruction manual that came with your psp there should be a number for the country that you live in, ring it and see where you get, they can usually be quite helpful.

If that fails, go back to the shop, and get them to call sony. They usually have a different number to the public so that they can get to the right place and speak to a person that is more knowledgeable than your usual operator.

Thirdly, try and claim on your warrenty, if it hasn't expired. You should be able to claim your money back, or get it sent to sony to be fixed.

The final option is if all else fails, i don't know how good or reliable they are. But if you are feeling adventurous and are willing to take your psp apart and put it back together you can buy a new screen.

http://www.xboxrepairguide.com/repai...y-c-22_54.html

http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/2,206.htm (go to the second page)

dont be fooled by the title, this website stocks all the parts that make up your psp seperatly and gives you a cost and yu can by them. But if you opt for this option me nor the forum will be held responsible for any problems you have with it. I have not tried it and i advise that you dont unless it is a very last resort.

Actually, has anyone tried these websites?

Forum Elder
    Ok, help needed. Last week i lost the battery pack that came with the psp. I bought a "mad catz" one that was supposedly meant to double the battery life. Unfortuneately it seems that you need the original aswell so i am stuck with this. Is there any way to configure it so i don't need the original one, and i can just use the "mad catz" version. Thanks, please answer soon as every minute is preventing me from the enjoyment of annialating my friends Thanks
    EssEmmSee

Selling 20gig PS3 Icon.

Affinity
    You can order a replacment one from sony, thats the simple answer.

You can buy one from buy.com (again, im not sure how secure or reliable this site is)

http://www.buy.com/prod/Psp_Battery_...202088355.html

You can buy a new official one from about any games store in the world, just shop around for one, they are about $40 or around 30 quid depending on where you live, just get the shop to order one.

Also without it the madcatz one will only be a normal battery, because it just boosts the original so there is no way of configuring it without a good PSP OS knowledge.

EDIT: Also you really should have waited, there is a new official sony power pack that either doubles or triples your battery coming out in feburary, it would have been worth the wait.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Affinity
    You can order a replacment one from sony, thats the simple answer.

You can buy one from buy.com (again, im not sure how secure or reliable this site is)

http://www.buy.com/prod/Psp_Battery_...202088355.html

You can buy a new official one from about any games store in the world, just shop around for one, they are about $40 or around 30 quid depending on where you live, just get the shop to order one.

Also without it the madcatz one will only be a normal battery, because it just boosts the original so there is no way of configuring it without a good PSP OS knowledge.

EDIT: Also you really should have waited, there is a new official sony power pack that either doubles or triples your battery coming out in feburary, it would have been worth the wait.
    So i'll just need to ask my games store if they can order one for me? Thanks. And i couldnt have waited until feburary, its just too long.
    EssEmmSee

Selling 20gig PS3 Icon.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by demoncosmo
    How do i get music on my psp and how do i save my games on the computer so i format my mermory stick
    To Put music on your PSP

• 1) Plug the PSP USB cable into your computer
      2) On your PSP go to Settings -> USB Connection
      3) Access the PSP from "My Computer"
      4) click the "PSP" folder
      5) Create a new folder in "PSP" labled "MUSIC" (all in Caps)
      6) Create sub-folders (allowing you to organize all your music)
      7) Find the Music files on your computer
      8 ) With the MUSIC folder open and (your music folder) open, hold CTRL and click different files (thus selcting more than 1 file to copy and paste)
      9) on the MUSIC folder, right click -> Paste
      10) Your music will then proceed to copy itself to the PSP
      11) After it's done exit out of USB Connection on your PSP.
      12) Scroll over to the Music section of your PSP and your files should be there.

**Warning: The PSP can only recognize 1 sub-folder inside the previous subfolder...example**

MUSIC-> Cowboy Bebop-> Jazz Tracks (no folder after that)

**Tip: The PSP can recognize playlist files. So if you have Windows Media Player, you can copy your playlist into the directory with the music.**
    "It's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace.

Of course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free, 'cause then they're gonna
    get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are." ~Easy Rider (1969)

Master Sage
    **Tip: The PSP can recognize playlist files. So if you have Windows Media Player, you can copy your playlist into the directory with the music.**
    its called WMA format and takes alot less cutting size in more than half. you need to update the psp to 2.6 and activate it in system settings.

VOTE FOR JOHN McCAIN!
    The night was never so fearfull....

Apprentice

How do i get my games that i saved on my computer back on to my psp

Master Sage
    hopefully you saved the whole file containing the saved games. so then it has all the psp data stored so i can read it. but you should be able to just copy and paste them into the saved data file. dont go systems just games.

VOTE FOR JOHN McCAIN!
    The night was never so fearfull....

Apprentice

hey i have a question. has anyone dowloaded videos from google and succesfully put them on their psp. is anyone has please let me know how they did it cause i sure cant.
    PS3 Funds: $0
    Samsung 23" LCD TV Funds: $250

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by theman19
    hey i have a question. has anyone dowloaded videos from google and succesfully put them on their psp. is anyone has please let me know how they did it cause i sure cant.
    Well I haved tried downloading videos from google myself, I think you'll find the following program useful to transfer/convert them to your PSP directly:

http://www.pspvideo9.com/

Before opening the program after install, connect the PSP to the PC/laptop with your USB cable and then on the PSP, go to Settings > USB Connection [and if its the first time doing it, wait for the device to install on Windows.

Then load up PSP Video 9 and follow the information within the program/help files.

As I remember when I did that, it automatically finds you psp so all you have to do is us it to convert your files [and, I think, queue ready-to-view video files so that they can be transfered].

Its very easy to use and works a treat

Hope it helps.
    Nath.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nathan H. - ICT Messaging & Security Development Officer @ CCC [gov]
    Member number: 390 [on thread] of the F@H PS3Forums team

Veteran
    I've successfully transfered files from lime wire to my PSP

demoncosmo wrote:

To Put music on your PSP

1) Plug the PSP USB cable into your computer
    2) On your PSP go to Settings -> USB Connection
    3) Access the PSP from "My Computer"
    4) click the "PSP" folder
    5) Create a new folder in "PSP" labled "MUSIC" (all in Caps)
    6) Create sub-folders (allowing you to organize all your music)
    7) Find the Music files on your computer
    8 ) With the MUSIC folder open and (your music folder) open, hold CTRL and click different files (thus selcting more than 1 file to copy and paste)
    9) on the MUSIC folder, right click -> Paste
    10) Your music will then proceed to copy itself to the PSP
    11) After it's done exit out of USB Connection on your PSP.
    12) Scroll over to the Music section of your PSP and your files should be there.
    I had this problem too i new how but for some reason it wouldn't work.
    This how i solved it i don't know about toher country's but in Austraila you must buy a special disc called Xploder in order to transfer files this may be your problem i'm not sure.

Apprentice

well my primary computer is a mac. but on my windows computer i have psp video 9. its a sh**ty computer tho its running windows 98 and its really slow. but anyways my computer wont recognize the psp (not pspvideo9 the computer) so i have to use an external usb writer. anyways i got pspvideo9 to recognize that and i converted the videos but when i click the video and tell it to transfer it to psp it wont work. and when i go to program files/pspvideo9/MP_ROOT/MNV001 and try to tranfer it manually it wont play on the psp it just says there are no videos. is it beacuse they have a quicktime logo or something. im copletly stumped. i cant get limewire either. my dad wont let me. he says its steaking and he thinks the government will track us down (i know its crazy). thats why i was so excited for googles video service. but ya if anyone knows of a video conversion and transfer software for mac PLEASE tell me. it would be nice to work on my iMac G5 instead of a 5 year old dell thats in my little sisters room (i have to listen to hillary duff and watch her put on lip gloss everytime im in there using it).
    PS3 Funds: $0
    Samsung 23" LCD TV Funds: $250

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by demoncosmo
    How do i get my games that i saved on my computer back on to my psp
    Plug your PSP into your computer, go into USB mode, and a box should come up asking you what you want to open it with. Choose view files, (its the picture of a folder), and then you'll find a gamesaves file after opening up the PSP file. Just drag your gamesaves and drop em' in the gamesave folder.

Apprentice

hey i had a question about the psp internet browser, i recently went online with my psp for the first time and on almost every page i wanted to access a little box would pop up saying "not enough memory"...i am currently using a 32mb card so could this be why?...

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by playstationjunkie
    hey i had a question about the psp internet browser, i recently went online with my psp for the first time and on almost every page i wanted to access a little box would pop up saying "not enough memory"...i am currently using a 32mb card so could this be why?...
    No, you're memory card has nothing to do with it. I think it has something to do with the cache possibly, its under 'Tools' and I changed mine to 2048 kb. This may or may not help, even if I'm correct, you just won't be able to view some things because of their size.

Elite Sage
    there are so many issue with PSP this is a great idea.

okay i use PSP9 to convert and transfer video files to my PSP, the only problem is some movie clips won't convert (example Killzone trailer), evertime i click on "one-click transcode" it just does something in 1 second flat without actually converting the video file.

I think i need to lower the bitrate of my original Video file, does anyone know how to do that?
    Big Boss Emblem FTW!

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by playstationjunkie
    When I have this problem I just click back, then go forward and you shouldn't have any problem.

Forum Sage
    Hey is it right for a 5 minute video to take up 81 mb?
    "It's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace.

Of course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free, 'cause then they're gonna
    get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are." ~Easy Rider (1969)

Affinity
    Probably not, although it is dependent on the quality it was recorded on and in which sort of format, it is usually around 5mb-10mb for a good quality 2 min video

It is also dependent on the source, if you got the video from a specified PSP video source like www.yourpsp.com, or gamespots psp video specified clips, then they will take up more room than your own formatted clips because they use a small encoded part to make the video specifically for the psp and in the right ratio and resolution.

however, i wouldn't waste that much of your memory stick on a five minute video, wherever it came from.

Thread Information