Latest PSU headlines:

Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 21222 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clownp View Post
    My brother started updating his psp then for he took out teh umd and it prompted him to reinsert it, so he put it back in and then it just turned off. Now whenever he turns it on the screen is off. What can i do to fix this?
    Ummm, doesn't it say during a firmware update not to unplug the power, turn off the PSP, or remove the UMD? I believe so, make sure to read the directions next time. Updating firmware can be risky if not dealt with properly.

Anyway, call Sony. All the numbers you need should be in the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    Ummm, doesn't it say during a firmware update not to unplug the power, turn off the PSP, or remove the UMD? I believe so, make sure to read the directions next time. Updating firmware can be risky if not dealt with properly.

Anyway, call Sony. All the numbers you need should be in the manual.
    This is a help thread and there is no need to be saracastic, if you can't help someone then don't respond. I wouldn't knwo what it says when updating because my brother did it with his psp; i am just trying to help him. We already sent it to sony so i dont need any more help.

OMGashleysimpson
    When i try to get remote play to work, the PSP says "connecting please wait" then a second later "exchanging data please wait" then when i thgink its about to work it goes back to the "connecting please wait"

And yes ive gone through the manual.

ISO confusion

OFFTOPIC: (Sory I didnt know where else to put it)

Need help with playing online

For some reason when i play games online I get kicked off the network almost always. I never have this problem if I'm browsing the web. The game I'm playing is ATV Offroad Fury Blazin Trails. I always get kicked off right after I join a session or after a race starts. Any Idea why this would be happening.

Thanks for your help!!

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucka View Post
    For some reason when i play games online I get kicked off the network almost always. I never have this problem if I'm browsing the web. The game I'm playing is ATV Offroad Fury Blazin Trails. I always get kicked off right after I join a session or after a race starts. Any Idea why this would be happening.

Thanks for your help!!
    What kind of router do you have?

green static spots when in 720 mode

Here there i have a vizio 37inch lcd HDTV and i have good monster cable HDMI to HDMI cables when i change the screen to 720 it gets real green static stuff all over the place i can put in 1080 or 480 but when i get a game in it switch and the same green static. can some please help.
    ernie

Superior Member
    This is the PLAYSTATION PORTABLE help line! Please go to a different place and ask.

*sorry for more spam*

I have a linksys wrt54g router and I'm usually only about tweny feet away and it shows I have full signal

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucka View Post

Thanks for your help!!
    Gamespot

All these people seem to be having the same problem as you. So, I don't know what to tell you. I was gonna say if you had a NETGEAR router it was that, but now I don't know what to say. I hope finding these peoples problems helps you.

Dude...You need the dvd burner to be able to rip them of course...and youll need a good program to convert while you are ripping...heres one...it only has a 5 use trial download it here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fullmetal Alchemist was one of the greatest anime shows ever created...[fullstop]

Forum Guru
    The video file is lost, it shows the video i have on my psp under videos. But when i look on my computer when it is hooked by USB there is no video file ? any help ?

When you smoke the herb you reveal yourself to yourself - Bob Marley R.I.P

Supreme Veteran
    Do you have the right codec installed? Thats all i can think of. Unless the files are hidden on your computer (which shouldn't happen)

Are UMDs region free?

Forum Guru
    No all the other files on my PSP apear on my computer, just not the VIDEO folder. It's been there before, but it hasn't been there for 2 days or so now ?

When you smoke the herb you reveal yourself to yourself - Bob Marley R.I.P

brownhersheydog

help

i cant get connected to the
    ?????? help meeeeeeeeeeeeee internet

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brownhersheydog View Post
    i cant get connected to the
    ?????? help meeeeeeeeeeeeee internet
    What areyou talking about? Do you need help getting your PSP connected to the internet or what?

Hmm, I don't see a mem stick thread, so I'll ask you here...

Well anyways, a few questions. How much space do ripped movies take? Like full lenght. Also, how much space do 5 min clips take? What formats of video/audio does the PSP read? I heard m4a or something like that, but I downloaded one of those, and when I opened in quicktime, I get mostly green static.
    And I think I'll need about a gig for music, so can you put the files under subfolders to organize like the pics? I hope.
    I was hoping to get about two dvds, a little less than a gig of music, and about 200mb pics, backgrounds,ect on there, so how big should my card be? I'm guessing about 2 or 4 gb? What are the best deals?
    Thanks for doing this loong question.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmatter View Post
    Hmm, I don't see a mem stick thread, so I'll ask you here...

Well anyways, a few questions. How much space do ripped movies take? Like full lenght. Also, how much space do 5 min clips take? What formats of video/audio does the PSP read? I heard m4a or something like that, but I downloaded one of those, and when I opened in quicktime, I get mostly green static.
    And I think I'll need about a gig for music, so can you put the files under subfolders to organize like the pics? I hope.
    I was hoping to get about two dvds, a little less than a gig of music, and about 200mb pics, backgrounds,ect on there, so how big should my card be? I'm guessing about 2 or 4 gb? What are the best deals?
    Thanks for doing this loong question.
    You have a lot of questions don't you?

Ok, here I go.

-Movies can usually be fit under 1GB, but some must be compressed to reach this level and lose quality. Like, a DVD quality 2 hour movie I doubt will fit on a 1GB.

-I don't know what the size of a 5min. clip would be, depends on quality. I would say under 32MB.

-The compatible audio files are:
    * MP3
    * MP4
    * ATRAC3plus™
    * ATRAC3™
    * WAV
    * WMA

-The compatible video files are:
    * MP4
    o MPEG-4 Simple Profile (AAC)
    o H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Main Profile (CABAC) (AAC) and Baseline Profile (AAC)

-Yes, you can have subfolders for pictures and music. Not positive about video.

-To fit 2 DVD quality movies onto a memory stick, you would need at least 2GB stick. Plus about 1GB of music. And 200MB of picutes. So, I would recommend a 4GB. If you are willing to pay the money. They can go for $130. The next one down is a 2GB. They can go for $90. So, this decision I say is more up to you.

-For the best deals. I would recommend Sandisk brand memory sticks, they are just as good or better then Sony's memory sticks, and usually cheaper. I think for finding the best deals depends on location and luck. Also, there is a 8GB memory stick to be released soon. And it is sayed that all other memory sticks would get a price drop because of this.

Hopes this helps! Ask some more questions if you have anymore!

qawshun
    what's good i bought this sony media manager and it doesn't seem to want to convert anything i want to watch, I tried to convert my own dvds but it's shooting that down its saying something about an encode error and this process alone takes hours. What's the best way to go psp video 9 or the 30 dollar converter i saw in best buy?

Superior Member
    PSP video 9. I have had very few problems with that program.

A few minutes ago, I went from 3.02 to 3.03 (Dark_Alex ofcourse). I tried any game I had and it just comes to the white PSP logo and....shuts down. What happened?

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedlNl View Post
    A few minutes ago, I went from 3.02 to 3.03 (Dark_Alex ofcourse). I tried any game I had and it just comes to the white PSP logo and....shuts down. What happened?
    I hope you didn't just go straight from SONY's 3.02 to Dark_Alex'z 3.03OE-A or anything? or else it's stuffed, Hacking ruins all PSP'z.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Elite Member
    I saw a video where the game was loaded through the save data...can this really be done or was I missing something?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Sash View Post
    I saw a video where the game was loaded through the save data...can this really be done or was I missing something?
    yes this can be done...although you are going to need a bigger mem card ( not 32 meg )

this is also how the demos work...

PSN: nightfire8199

Elite Member
    Are you psychic?

So what do I need to do?

Thread Information