Latest PSU headlines:

Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1828 ... LastLast
    Master Sage
    What converter do we need for ISO's? I got a ISO on my psp but its not showing up and yes is homebrew. My friend told me to go get some converter for the imgae and try that but i cant remember.

VOTE FOR JOHN McCAIN!
    The night was never so fearfull....

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by soldier one View Post
    What converter do we need for ISO's? I got a ISO on my psp but its not showing up and yes is homebrew. My friend told me to go get some converter for the imgae and try that but i cant remember.
    your probably trying to run a JSO file? I think through M33 you can only use ISO or CSO format games.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Dedicated Member
    I finally got Remote Play to work on my PSP. So far I've been doing a private network connection within my own house, which works fine. If I were at school and wanted to access Remote Play, would I still use private network or would I connect through the internet? So far, my attempts to do RP through the internet have resulted in network error.

Now Playing: The Beatles: Rock Band

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakibikajasy View Post
    I finally got Remote Play to work on my PSP. So far I've been doing a private network connection within my own house, which works fine. If I were at school and wanted to access Remote Play, would I still use private network or would I connect through the internet? So far, my attempts to do RP through the internet have resulted in network error.

I have this same issue, I can remote play through private network at home but when I head out and use free wifi spots around the city I get a network error. I can't figure it out, the only thing I can come up with is that these places are blocking ports.

anyone?

Elite Member
    Blocking ports sounds like a logical explanation.

I have a question. Is the Slim PSP version 2003 different from the others slim PSP? I use to have the PHAT PSP and could convert any video ti MPS no probs. Now all I get is corrupted data, im using the same method and using updated PSP Video 9 software. I have no probs with the MP4 on PSŁ its just PSP. Its driving me mad, I used to be able to pack a few movies on PSP for my flight but now i cant.

Thanks.

Ok this is weird. I just swapped my 2GB Sony Magic Gate Mem Stick PRO for a 1GB of exactly the same make and the videos work ??? All other files are stored fine on the 2GB except for video ?

athleticman
    i got a question about connecting to the internet

the reason i want this solved is pretty much because it will make updating easier then downloading to memorystick from ps3.

i got the connection set up exactly like on my ps3, one of the connections has same ip address, another has different, either way point is i have like 5 different setups for this same connections with just slight variants

it tells me signal strength 100% excellent watever

but when i hit connect it says verifying ip address or whatever the 1st screen says, then it goes to the second screen connecting to access point then it goes back to the 1st screen then second again and just keeps doing that.

then i get error connection timed out. NOT IP ADDRESS the actual connection times out, the ip adress is fine

psp remote play help

hi, i have managed to sucessfully set up my psp for remote play and it works a treat. the problem i am having is when i tried it with t-mobile hotspot you need to log onto a web page and then enter your username and password it cant be enetered as a wep key. i tried to go onto the web browser log in press the home button then choose remote play but this just logs me out of web browser and out of the hotspot. does anyone know how to get around this. is there a way to keep the web browser iopen in the background or a way to get a web browser to pop up when you click remote play so i can log in?

after a long time of messing around i have figured this out. there is a setting in settings >> network settings and manually configure the address type. leave all the optins on auto and no (default) apart from the last one. start web browser once connected.

hey, I'm trying to downgrade my fat psp with a 1 gb Pro Duo from firmware 3.8 to 1.5 so I can homebrew on it, but everywhere I search on the internet tells me I need Pandora's battery. When I search to find out how to make this battery every site I've been to says I need firmware 1.5 or homebrew in order to do it. Can anyone explain to me why this is, and what I actually need to do? It's extremely frustrating. I am kinda a noob at this so maybe I'm just missing something?

And also I'd really prefer not to have to go out and buy additional batteries, memory sticks, or download programs I have to pay for.

PSU Media Manager
    You dont have to have another PSP with CFW in order to downgrade your PSP. It just makes it a lot easier and faster and doesn't require you to mess with your battery. Use faceless' guide to learn how to create a Magic memory stick and use this guide (http://www.pspcrazy.com/forums/psp-h...-portable.html)
    to learn how to hardmod your PSP battery.
    PSN ID: NameTaken33

Elite Guru
    just got the daxter bundle. and d/l god of war demo i had about 4 slowdowns is that normal?

Consoles i own : ps2 xbox360 Ps3 Wii psp
    Wanna see what i look like www.facebook.com/laoman

Quote Originally Posted by LaOMaN View Post
    just got the daxter bundle. and d/l god of war demo i had about 4 slowdowns is that normal?
    It's normal for the downloaded version, yes. The problem is not present in the UMD version of the demo. The retail version will probably have the same problem in more intense sequences, though.

© Theft l Wanna add me on PSN/XBL? [CLICK!] l twitter.com/WonsAuto
    [reveal][/reveal]

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by WonsAuto View Post
    It's normal for the downloaded version, yes. The problem is not present in the UMD version of the demo. The retail version will probably have the same problem in more intense sequences, though.
    o ok. btw love the demo got my ass handed to me where that viking guy and 2 soilders

Consoles i own : ps2 xbox360 Ps3 Wii psp
    Wanna see what i look like www.facebook.com/laoman

Quote Originally Posted by LaOMaN View Post
    o ok. btw love the demo got my ass handed to me where that viking guy and 2 soilders
    Haha, you'll get the hang of it.

© Theft l Wanna add me on PSN/XBL? [CLICK!] l twitter.com/WonsAuto
    [reveal][/reveal]

i can't get the total newbi easy installer to work

new slim psp 3.80 official firmware. using a 4gb sandisk pro duo that i bought from bestbuy

i keep getting stuck on the following error:

can't open msipl.bin

can any1 help me figure this out

Elite Member
    Check your PM, I sent you a reply.

Wireless controller Problem PS3

got a ps3 christmas 07. don't knw the version at the moment. the L3 button (using default control settings) used for walking and sprinting in call of duty 4 keeps acting up. cod4 is the only game played on system. when L3 is moved forward, my soldier walks at a crawl. a neighbor kid, ps3 owner, knows cod4, tried and had trouble too. untill he lifted L3 button using bottom of left thumb and soldier walk at normal speed. i din't learn to sprint till latter, and by then i had subconciously stopped lifting L3 to walk normally. Just moved L3 forward to walk, and could sprint.
    Now, i'm at a crawl. have to lift (somewhat) to walk and can no longer sprint. i have run through the list of trouble shooting several times over, every which order i could think off, even did a quick format of hardrive. L3 is "dead" on the forawrd and sprint. to the left, to the right, backwards...L3 works fine. I have put to little hours on the system for wear and tear, handeling my system and controller with tlc. what's wrong?

i picked up a psp from my boy who didnt use it for a while. got it for a great price but its not in perfect condition cosmetically. every thing works just a few knicks and scratches here and there. but there are some imperfections on the screen part as well which i know arent dead pixles. kinda lookes like the screen got scratched. so my question is....is the face plate include a piece that covers the LCD part? cuz if it doest i think ill get a new one so it will look better. and if thats the case where can i get a new face plate?

thanks
    Mike

hi i really need helping adding themes to my psp 3.90 its not the slim model ive tryed adding the theme file under psp but it doesnt work.

dont worry if found out how

I really need help, my PSP is no longer reading the UMD's when i put them in. Not even the little loading thing in the bottom right hand corner comes up. Does anybody know how I can fix this?

Elite Member
    Here is a little UMD diagnostic write up. http://www.llamma.com/PSP/repair/PSP...ding_Discs.htm

thanks man, ill have a look at it tomorrow

I have a MAJOR question. I believe I have bricked my PSP PHAT. Listen..

Ok, I was going to downgrade with a hardmodded Pandora battery & Magic Mem. I did the stuff to each of them, which was a success. BUT! I put in the Pandora's and installed 3.71 M33 right away, without downgrading. (I forgot I had to). So, I clicked X after installing, and it shut off. When I took the battery out and tryed it with the AC, it loaded the PSP to the main menu, BUT there was only a red background with the date/time on it. It froze. So, I said "ok thats wierd". I shut it off and then tryed again. It ALL happened over again. It kept doing it. Then I tryed installing the other things from the Pandora, like the original 3.71. It made no difference.

One thing I should say: when I was hardmodding, a spark happened, and it never happened again after that one spark. So, I have right to believe that my battery is fried. Maybe not, maybe I just have a bricked PSP, I dont know.All I know is that there is a serious problem, and I have one battery and 2 Mem sticks. I tryed the other mem stick and no difference. Everything I tried was the same.

If it is bricked, what should I do to unbrick it? Do I need to buy another battery? Or what?

Thank you.

Thread Information