Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst ... 313 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hokage
    (blue, red, green) thos are "stuck pixels". These can be fixed by downloading an app to your PSP.
    Could you maybe help me out on that? i actually didn't know the color made any difference and everything had always been going well until last night, i turned it on, was about to play and while browsing through the interface, noticed a red dot assuming right away it was a dead pixel somewhat on the center of the screen, bit to the right.

You even have to look carefully to catch it when clear backgrounds are being displayed, it is there though. Not really that much of a deal but if its then possible i would like to remove it.

Master Sage
    Could you maybe help me out on that? i actually didn't know the color made any difference and everything had always been going well until last night, i turned it on, was about to play and while browsing through the interface, noticed a red dot assuming right away it was a dead pixel somewhat on the center of the screen, bit to the right.

You even have to look carefully to catch it when clear backgrounds are being displayed, it is there though. Not really that much of a deal but if its then possible i would like to remove it.
    i think mine is the exact same, just ignore it and let it go. its not highly noticible and mine just cought back on and now i dont see it or notice it. but that may not always help.

VOTE FOR JOHN McCAIN!
    The night was never so fearfull....

Apprentice

instead of buying a wireless router cant i just enter my internet's info and pass so i can have internet in my psp?

Superior Member
    How would your PSP recieve the internet? The PSP has no phone port, no ethernet port, all it has is a wireless thing. So, the internet MUST be wireless to have internet on your PSP.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere
    How would your PSP recieve the internet? The PSP has no phone port, no ethernet port, all it has is a wireless thing. So, the internet MUST be wireless to have internet on your PSP.
    ok so all i have to do is replace my old router with a wireless one and get it working thin just do the scan thing and save the connection and keep using it? and do i have to keep the wi-fi switched on? or is it a whole other thing?

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotokanTiger
    ok so all i have to do is replace my old router with a wireless one and get it working thin just do the scan thing and save the connection and keep using it? and do i have to keep the wi-fi switched on? or is it a whole other thing?
    Yep, you have it all correct. The wi-fi switch does NOT have to be on all the time. It runs the battery a little faster. But, when you want to use the wifi, its best you turn it on

Apprentice

Yep, you have it all correct. The wi-fi switch does NOT have to be on all the time. It runs the battery a little faster. But, when you want to use the wifi, its best you turn it on
    well whats it for? isnt it enough to play games online to have a wireless router? why switch it on?

Elite Sage
    well whats it for? isnt it enough to play games online to have a wireless router? why switch it on?
    because WiFI won't be enabled unless you switch the WLan switch on.

okay how do you map the drive label on my computer i need it to be on drive F: but family has done something to the computer so all my PSP reads now is at drive G:

and the stupid PSP9 can't read drive G:

or can it
    Big Boss Emblem FTW!

Superior Member
    Well, for the PSP to recieve a wireless signal, it was to have a wireless connecter in itself. the WLan switch turnes your PSP's wireless connector on and off. If its off, it will NOT recieve a wireless signal. If it is on it WILL revieve it.

Apprentice

Well, for the PSP to recieve a wireless signal, it was to have a wireless connecter in itself. the WLan switch turnes your PSP's wireless connector on and off. If its off, it will NOT recieve a wireless signal. If it is on it WILL revieve it.
    tell me if for doing the following i need to have it switched on:-

* using the internet browser for visiting websites
    * playing a game ONLINE (not with someone near me with a psp) like socom
    * downloading content

Apprentice

I have a little white dot on my psp screen, what is it and how do i get rid of it

Superior Member
    Depends, uhhhhhhhh, if the PSP is turned on then you possibly will have a dead pixel which is NOT removable. If your PSP is off and you see this dot, it might just be a dot, and can try to remove it with glass cleaner. Hope that helps

Apprentice

white dots are dead pixels which cannot be fixed unless you do a warranty claim through sony, if it changes color or is any other color than white, there is software you can run on your psp to clear out this "stuck" pixel.

Apprentice

is there anyway to copy an entire memory stick to another memory stick without having to do a usb connection?? you are able to do a save game profile copy but thats about it, im not sure if there is a feature where you can copy an entire memory stick, if this is possible someone let me know!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ek9civic00
    is there anyway to copy an entire memory stick to another memory stick without having to do a usb connection?? you are able to do a save game profile copy but thats about it, im not sure if there is a feature where you can copy an entire memory stick, if this is possible someone let me know!!!
    No, what you are trying to do is impossible.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    NYFAN75

PSP Helpline: Stuck? Ask here!

OK I have had a PSP for awhile now and I am still ignorant about it. I am trying to update to latest firmware and I am not near a wifi hotspot. I tried to do it through the PC last night and had major brain fartism. Can someone explain how to do it through the PC in a slow persons version so I can understand it?? Feel free to email me. Actually I prefer you to email me this way I don't have to search for the answer. I am just a little lazy.

Apprentice

Plug your psp into the usb on your computer, download the eboot file exactly the way it was downloaded into your game folder under PSP root folder then run the file from your psp.

Dedicated Member

I have dust behind my PSP screens, does anyone know how to get rid of it?

It's a real pain in the ass.

Superior Member
    http://www.us.playstation.com/PSP.as...te/pc_200.html

Update using a PC
    Required items
    A PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) system with battery pack and AC adaptor
    bullet Memory Stick Duo™ media with at least 18 MB of free space
    bullet Internet access
    bullet One of the following:
    bullet A commercially available USB A<-> Mini-B (5-pin) cable
    bullet A commercially available Memory Stick USB Reader/Writer*
    bullet A PC equipped with a Memory Stick slot*
    *If the slot on the device can handle only standard-size Memory Stick™ media, a Memory Stick Duo Adaptor (model number MSAC-M2; a Sony product sold separately) is required.

Download procedure
    Required items
    1. Prepare to save the update data on Memory Stick Duo™ media using one of the following methods:
    bullet Connect the PSP™ system to the PC using a commercially available USB cable
    bullet Connect a commercially available Memory Stick USB Reader/Writer to the PC
    bullet Use the Memory Stick slot on the PC

2. Create a folder for the update data on the Memory Stick Duo™ media.

Using your PC, create a folder named "PSP" on the Memory Stick Duo™ media. Within the "PSP" folder, create a folder named "GAME". Within the "GAME" folder, create a folder named "UPDATE". (Folder names are not case-sensitive.)
    Required items
    3. Download the update data and save it in the "UPDATE" folder created in step 2.

Notice
    You must save the downloaded data as noted in these instructions. If you do not save in the correct location and with the filename shown below, the system will not recognize the update data.
    bullet Location: Save in the "UPDATE" folder
    bullet Filename: Save as filename "EBOOT.PBP"

Update procedure
    Notices
    Before starting the update, you must do the following:
    bullet Fully charge the battery.
    bullet Connect the AC adaptor to the PSP™ system and plug it into an electrical outlet.

During the update:
    bullet Do not remove the AC adaptor.
    Do not turn off the system or remove the Memory Stick Duo™ media.
    If an update is canceled before completion, the system software may become damaged, and the system may require servicing to repair or exchange.

1. Insert the Memory Stick Duo™ media containing the update data in the PSP™ system.

2. Start the update data.

Select under from the home menu, and then select . Press the button to start the update.

3. Confirm that the update was successful.

After the update has been completed, select "System Settings" under from the home menu, and then select "System Information". If the System Software field displays the version number of the update, the update was successful.

Hint
    After the update has been successfully completed, you can delete the update data from the Memory Stick Duo™ media.

If the following screen is displayed when you attempt to start the update data, the system software in your system is already updated and you do not need to perform an update.

PSP is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Wireless internet connection and Memory Stick Duo™ may be required for certain functionality. Player responsible for Wi-Fi fees.

View Printable Page

ok i have got a question .... how many hours should i charge a new psp..before start playing it????

It should take around 3-4 hours to fully charge it.

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I got mine to fully recharge from zip power in 1 hour and 30 minutes

Superior Member
    I just plug mine in over night, and it usually lasts me all day, then I repeat. But...I dont use my PSP 4 hours everyday

Superior Member
    I've got a question about setting up a network connection on the PSP.

I've got it working up passed "obtaining an IP address" but after that it says that the attempt to connect to the Internet failed. I had strong signal and it had detected it was just adjusting the settings on it's own but I want to know why it couldn't connect to the Internet.

Could it be the IP address? or maybe the MAC address? I have a Linksys router (don't know the model, sorry) and a Efficient/Siemens SpeedStream 5200 modem, maybe I have to change a setting on them? The router doesn't have WEP enabled so it can't be that. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advanced.

Is the router you have from your parents company or your company (ex. an IBM router they give you when they hire you)? I know for a fact some companies give routers that don't allow other objects to "leech" off them.

Thread Information