Page 182 of 230 FirstFirst ... 172182192 ... LastLast
Results 4,526 to 4,550 of 5732

Thread: Arsenal Thread

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Yeah according to Wiki he's a month older than me - he turned 23 earlier this month. Honestly, I don't feel as though he wasn't given a chance, he got as much play time as Bendtner, from what I remember, in the early stages and it's just that the boss played Bendtner ahead of him in the league because the dane just had more about him when playing in the Carling Cup games, etc, despite Vela's huge talent

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

3. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Elite Guru
    I love that guy . Awesome t-shirt too, I want one

We are Arsenal. We are the best!
    Good to see Henry passing down the correct mentality to the boys while he was here

Master Sage

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Arsenal sucks. $#@!less today. Verm kept screwing up.

Elite Guru
    Just didn't look like we wanted it. Can't believe the way Wenger bottles the tactics sometimes when we're on a good run - why play someone as slow and in need of as many touches as Ramsey on the wing when you have two capable players like Ox and Gerv on the bench? I just don't get it; Ox looks more ready than Gerv and even Walcott at times, yet, Wenger will preach that he's protecting the player, cos he's young etc. It's admirable, but if a player is as clearly ready to play as Ox is then why stop him in his tracks? He should treat Ox the same way he treated Wilshere.

I don't wanna be too tough on Verm 'cos he's won us a couple games lately, and the 2nd goal we conceded was bad luck. BUT, two mistakes today - and a couple against Milan at the San Siro..and I'm sure there's one or two more that have occured lately. Not sure what it is. Just got to pull his socks up I guess. Had RvP buried that one on one with their keeper it probably would have been a different story as their 2nd goal came against the run of play. We were pressing for the winner and then bam, mistake, sucker punch - game over

Typical that the two players that scored against us haven't scored all season . Oh well, this game's a write off. If we $#@! up against City next week though, the season could begin crumbling, with Chelsea winning today and Tottenham due a run of wins. I know, I'm pessimistic

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Just didn't look like we wanted it. Can't believe the way Wenger bottles the tactics sometimes when we're on a good run - why play someone as slow and in need of as many touches as Ramsey on the wing when you have two capable players like Ox and Gerv on the bench? I just don't get it; Ox looks more ready than Gerv and even Walcott at times, yet, Wenger will preach that he's protecting the player, cos he's young etc. It's admirable, but if a player is as clearly ready to play as Ox is then why stop him in his tracks? He should treat Ox the same way he treated Wilshere.

I don't wanna be too tough on Verm 'cos he's won us a couple games lately, and the 2nd goal we conceded was bad luck. BUT, two mistakes today - and a couple against Milan at the San Siro..and I'm sure there's one or two more that have occured lately. Not sure what it is. Just got to pull his socks up I guess. Had RvP buried that one on one with their keeper it probably would have been a different story as their 2nd goal came against the run of play. We were pressing for the winner and then bam, mistake, sucker punch - game over

Typical that the two players that scored against us haven't scored all season . Oh well, this game's a write off. If we $#@! up against City next week though, the season could begin crumbling, with Chelsea winning today and Tottenham due a run of wins. I know, I'm pessimistic
    Look at what happened to him, maybe he can not take that risk.

I think ox is more than ready too, brilliant player.

Elite Guru
    I see what you're saying, and agree to some extent. I still think it's ludicrous to almost ignore Ox, as he is doing now, when he looks more than capable to impact our game. I take back what I said, he doesn't need to start every game like how Jack did, but he certainly deserves more game time than he's getting now. It's clear Ramsey is Wenger's new love child, too bad the honey moon period seems to be dragging out a bit too long.

I get it though. Ramsey's coming off the back of a career threatening injury, and to drop him to the bench for a run of games for a younger player like Ox could impact him mentally. But what is best for the team should always come first...

He's not even a $#@!ing winger lol. I shouldn't even need to say the above
    Last edited by Nitey; 03-31-2012 at 19:39.

Master Sage
    This was the first game that I couldn't watch in a while due to work.. and the last time I couldn't is the last time we lost. Funny how we all think we have a relation to a team's success in little ways..

Cannot comment on Ramsey since I did not watch the match (will watch soon) but I am guessing after I see the match I will admit he was not good but that we can't blame a loss on him. Afterall, the effectiveness of our right wing with Walcott/Sagna has been the reason we lose or win games in a weird way..

Sad to hear Vermaelen didn't do so well.. now really dreading watching it.

11. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    it kind of sucks for ramsey. Wenger is trying to give him playing time but hes just not effective on the wing. He needs to play in the center but unfortunately with our formation, if your not a holding mid, theres only one other central mid spot. And when Diaby and Wilshere come back I feel that we have wayyy too many central midfielders and too little wingers. We might need to switch up our formation. I mean Song, Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Rosicky, Diaby, and even Ox (i'd like to see him develop into a CAM who can run off the strikers when they drop back). Not to mention Frimpong and Coq want to crack the first time. Gervinho and walcott are our only true wingers (and miyaichi with time) and even walcott has said he fancys himself as a forward.

and yes, our right side does seem to be the difference marker. Walcott in particular. Got a good goal but not too much else. But I dont fault him alone. Our whole game was very tepid.

Master Sage
    Miyaichi is really progressing! He created so many chances. I think by beginning of next season he should be ready to play in place of Gervinho/Walcott if need be. Chamberlain for Walcott/middle.. and Ryo replacing or starting in place of Gervinho.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXPUdaxXxaI

Master Sage
    Have you guys seen Olivier Giroud this year? I have and of course he's been nothing short of amazing... that's why I don't believe the rumors are true of getting him. He'll probably go to PSG.

Edit: Arsenal having a huge sale on clothing!

http://arsenaldirect.arsenal.com/hom...ome/page/home/
    Last edited by Firefox; 04-05-2012 at 06:49.

Elite Member
    Arsenal rulz, long time i havnet posted here!!!!!!!

16. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    I will be cheering Arsenal on againts Man City

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

18. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Master Sage
    Last edited by Firefox; 04-08-2012 at 01:05.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    I had George Graham come into my shop yesterday. He looked strict. He was with his son.
    I was wearing an Arsenal jumper, with just a small gold cannon on it but he never noticed. Ah well. I never really made my presence apparent to him anyway.

Reckon we could actually come away with something today? I've got a feeling that if we can score first we could win it. I got that feeling!

Master Sage
    Do you work in some posh shop? But knowing Pat Rice and Graham.. it's probably a normal shop.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    I LOVE ARTETA!!! (@FF) what an amazing Strike!

and LOL at ramsey. All the composure of a world class striker with the finishing ability of mentos+coke bottle.

Master Sage
    Amazing win.. I'm over the moon.. we deserved it no doubt.. would have been frustrating had we drawed but Arteta was there to save the day but Arteta was there to save the day.

edit: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited by Firefox; 04-08-2012 at 18:33.

24. Likes TheBreezyBB likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
    Do you work in some posh shop? But knowing Pat Rice and Graham.. it's probably a normal shop.
    I work in a department store; I'm currently in the menswear department and we sell kinds of designer and over-priced crap. He was hanging about the Ralph Lauren Polo section.
    I saw a character from EastEnders walk right past me one time. I think he was trying to keep a low profile as he had a hat on and just stared at me as I was staring at him
    Apparently some more TV people have been in and out but I haven't seen them.
    I used to work in the tableware section (plates, mugs and all that), and one time before I started my shift, Robin Van Persie's wife was in and bought a $#@!load of plates - good quality stuff. I could have gotten their address as she was having the stuff delivered

Anyway, about today, a good win! We played the better stuff overall, and rather than just regurgitating what everyone else is rightfully saying I'll just say that it was a great goal by Arteta.
    Glad I had the day off from work to see Arsenal play and win!

Although it may seem like I'm jumping on the bandwagon for declaring it here and now, but I've been saying (in person) to people I know that I reckon City would slip up for a long time now. I said that Chelsea wouldn't win the league in their season of having Ballack and Shevchenko, when everyone I knew thought they would. If only I was a betting man...

Anyway, I hope we bloody keep third spot now!

Elite Guru
    Would have been a travesty if we didn't come away with 3 points, glad Arteta made sure we did! Like the banner at the Emirates: You can't buy class

Oh yeah baby.

--

The team look really good right now. Let's not forget, the pressure was on us today tbh. We didn't really get much spotlight for the win, media-wise. Unsurprising though as it was all about if City could stay in the race. But we certainly played a great game - was kind of gutted there was no camera shots of Nasri after the game. Probably ran straight into the tunnel, lol. The fans were great today, fantastic

Btw I have an even bigger man crush on Arteta than before! The guy just oozes class, and he has this obvious love for the club which is so refreshing to see. For someone that has played against us for like 6 years, to come here and grab the chance we've given him (at his age); it is a testament to his class and quality. Proper love the dude. Not just saying this 'cos he got the winner either, during the game when we were being a tad sloppy and City had the ball a bit more me and my brother were just shouting for us to get it to Arteta. The guy is so calm - he plays with all that he's got every single game. Got to be one of the best signings of the season, certainly Arsenal's signing of the season

Last edited by Nitey; 04-09-2012 at 00:58.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    I missed the match but, I'm glad They won! surely well deserved.

Elite Guru

Lol

Anyone else notice Sagna checking up on him when he was down at halftime, even though the immature $#@! was flying into the Frenchman recklessly all first half?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Like the banner at the Emirates: You can't buy class

"little $#@!"

--

Szczesny drinking beer?..LOL. Such a boss.
    Last edited by Nitey; 04-09-2012 at 01:38.

Master Sage
    Apparently that was thrown to him by a Manchester City fan.. I don't believe it.

For all the BS of "crisis club" and "worst Arsenal side for years" we have already won the same amount of games as we did last season.
    Did you guys see the Nasri Piers Morgan Spat? I hate Piers Morgan but that was HILLARIOUS!!!

https://twitter.com/#!/SamNasri19

Match Reaction with footage from inside the stadium!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9Xc4sYe4D0

Last edited by Firefox; 04-09-2012 at 05:31.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    wow, i sometimes forget how terrible soccer fans can be. Le Petite Pute? Never see a banner like that in America.

And I prefer Nasri over Piers Morgan. Seriously, I dont know how players get baited into these ridiculous exchanges with him. He's a joke. I would just troll him or talk about his low ratings.

Thread Information