Latest PSU headlines:

Page 183 of 230 FirstFirst ... 173183193 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 5732

Thread: Arsenal Thread

Apprentice
    I do enjoy Piers Morgan arguing with Alan Sugar all the time since Sugar is a sp*rs fan, but the idiot was saying Yossi wasn't doing anything yesterday which was total bullshit.
    Anyway, fantastic win and we really should have pulverised them; Vermaelen cleared one off the line for them (quality defender ), RVP missed a "simple" header, Theo/Vermaelen double miss and Ramsey's one at the end. City were being their typical selves in the capital; whenever they come to us, sp*rs or Stamford Bridge they just sit back and try to get a 0-0 draw. Newsflash Mankini! that's not how you win the premier league.

S. Vettel challenges on GT5- 3 Golds, all using DS3
    I think that makes me the best DS3 user on GT5 in the whole PSU, but I'm open to challenges

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I wouldn't say they sat back and were looking for a draw. They knew we were gonna 'out possession' them, so they were playing on the counter in the beginning and it wasn't working. It's when they started pressing a bit and trying to get the ball back the possession kind of became more even. In any case, if it looked like they were sitting back it's probably more to do with how dangerous we were as oppose to that being their game plan

Read a stat yesterday that they've only scored at Arsenal (Highbury/Grove) 5 times since the turn of the century. #dominated

Quote Originally Posted by DINAMO788 View Post
    wow, i sometimes forget how terrible soccer fans can be. Le Petite Pute? Never see a banner like that in America.
    Love that shit

--

Quote Originally Posted by Samir Nasri
    @piersmorgan I'm aware what i said about titles i'm sure i will lift a trophy with Man City before AFC
    o_O

--

Mikel Arteta ranks 1st in the Premier League for total passes (2123), accurate passes (1917) and forward zone passes (1524)
    Boss.
    Last edited by Nitey; 04-09-2012 at 14:33.

Apprentice
    I wouldn't say they were looking even for a counter attack in the first half since I only saw Nasri trying to pressure us out of possession but yes, it did even up in the second half.
    Thanks to Norwich we now have a game in hand, 2 points and 14 goals over our closest rivals for 3rd place, Newcastle

I think that makes me the best DS3 user on GT5 in the whole PSU, but I'm open to challenges

4. Likes Firefox wishes they had posted this first.
    Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Wow Piers Morgan called Alan Davies.. The Alan Davies "an insensitive idiot" .. Well Piers.. everyone loves Alan, but no one loves you.
    Alan Davies is really a true gooner and a sensible fan who has made sense all season on his Podcast. Plus he's like the funniest man around, his podcast makes me laugh too much.

Watch Alan and Crew talk about yesterday's game here! http://thetuesdayclub.libsyn.com/

As for the result today, glad that Norwich got the win.. hopefully Newcastle make Sp*rs shit themselves and crumble. But again.. third spot is not guaranteed for us.. but if we have the spirit we showed yesterday, we will pull it out.
    Last edited by Firefox; 04-09-2012 at 18:25.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by adamp93 View Post
    I wouldn't say they were looking even for a counter attack in the first half since I only saw Nasri trying to pressure us out of possession but yes, it did even up in the second half.
    Thanks to Norwich we now have a game in hand, 2 points and 14 goals over our closest rivals for 3rd place, Newcastle
    True. Our pace and ball control certainly ruffled their feathers - they didn't know wtf to do. They certainly weren't looking for a draw though, as it was their cup final

Yeah great result today. Win the next couple of games and 3rd should be pretty much ours. Let them battle out for 4th lol. I don't really like any of the 4th spot chasers but would absolutely love it if Newcastle managed to grab it ahead of Chels or Sp*rs lol

Master Sage
    Arteta is getting alot of man-crush love but this man on our run has been immense too.

Elite Guru
    Indeed. It's no surprise our run of wins has coincided with the return of Sagna and the return of form for little mozart, as well as everyone else of course

Apprentice
    Are we allowed to be a little over-confident for tonight? Wolves have been absolutely terrible since Terry Connor took over so it seems like a gimme even without Kos. Here's hoping for no repeat of the last time we played a relegation threatened team

Elite Guru
    I dunno, I'm always a little nervous when it comes to these relegation battling teams. However, since Connor took over they've showed very little fight and we're the ones with momentum - They're probably already planning for life in the Championship, but these smaller teams love giving it their all against Arsenal

Think we'll be alright though! With sp*rs losing on Monday this could really put us in pole position for 3rd. By the time they play their next league game, they could potentially be 8 points behind us if we win against both Wolves and Wigan. We couldn't really ask for better opponents at this stage

Master Sage
    What a fantastic start.. and Wolves fans can **** off. The stuff they say about Walcott.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    2-0 already!? Lovely! Sorry Wolves, but I could do with seeing a big scoring match on Match of the Day tonight.

I just hope saying that doesn't come back to bite us. I hate arrogance and feel dirty saying the above statement. If we win then I'm happy nevertheless.

Master Sage

Last edited by Firefox; 04-11-2012 at 21:18.

14. Likes Nitey , Molo316, The Boy From School wishes they had posted this first.
    Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox View Post

Those GIFs are great!

Nice Henry-like penalty, and that one-two between Van Persie and Walcott looks delicious!

And my best mate Benayoun scores a third!

Master Sage

17. Likes Nitey wishes they had posted this first.
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Thanks to this thread, and partly to FIFA 12 and Arsenal's latest form; I've rekindled my support for this team after being abhored by the way soccer/football is for hte last couple of years.

19. Likes Nitey wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Guru
    Song can sure pick out a pass, the guy must have a ton of assists. Quality. I thought Benny's goal was awesome, but honestly for parts of the game I felt we were being a tad unprofessional. Should have done more to kill them off completely, but after the 2nd went in we laid back. It's not like they pressured us to extremes to stop us playing. But oh well - +3 points and +3 on the goal diff - it's all good

Glad RvP got a goal today to end this drought. On MoTD they said that the last time he had gone 5 games (starts?) without a goal was 6 years ago!

Wasn't very impressed with Rambo again. You'd think the fact that he had been on the bench for the past 9-10~ games would spur him on to grab this game by the neck, especially with them having 10 men. But he didn't really get a break, I suppose. Could have definitely scored a few tonight, so I won't fault him for that.

Actually, come to think of it, he gets in great positions in nearly every game he plays but somehow manages to bottle the final pass/shot. He'll come good eventually, and I suppose if you're gonna start the boy over Rosicky, it may as well be against bottom of the league

A win against Wigan now and things begin to look a lot more comfortable. The emirates has been a fortress so hopefully we make that home advantage count (which we should). But you never know!

Master Sage
    Last edited by Firefox; 04-14-2012 at 20:53.

Apprentice
    Why has nobody mentioned Sczcesny. He didn't have much to do but by golly didn't he do it well; that first from the header was just sublime, one of the saves of the season (and he has already set the bar pretty high). Another one at the end after Jenkinson forgot what position he was playing in! But glad to see him getting a run out for 5 minutes despite him looking like David Luiz for a second that almost cost us a clean sheet

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Oh yes - Sczcesny! What a quickfire save he made at one point, then made another good one later on in the match. Apologies for not acknowledging his great contributions to the game.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    the save was amazing. everyone was more or less pretty good. except Ramsey. poor kid has to get his confidence back. I think that end game Man City miss was one of the funniest things i've seen from Arsenal. I liked Benayoun and I think he plays his best when Arsenal are playing a high tempo game. he has the skill to keep up. Walcott is showing some real quality with his touches and finishes. All he needs now is to get consistent.

I'm happy that Kos is gonna be back for the Chelsea game and Ivanovic will be out. I love when we play against David Luiz.

Damn, I wish I found this picture a week ago:

Last edited by DINAMO788; 04-13-2012 at 05:53.

25. Likes The Boy From School, Nitey wishes they had posted this first.
    Dedicated Member
    Ramsey didn't play badly yesterday. He only plays badly when he's on the wing/trying to do fancy through balls. None of that in the game yesterday and he nearly scored.

Elite Guru
    Too right. He gets himself into wonderful positions but then bottles it. Was talking about this with my brother; if he has his shooting boots on he'd probably get a couple goals a game, I swear. Lol

My biggest complains about him when he comes into the team is that he slows the play down

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Has RVP been discussing his move to City?

The man in the middle is this same man:

He was at The Emirates last Sunday and here he is again with City's chairman - far right of the picture.

Maybe just a dinner with friends. Maybe something more. One thing is for sure, Arsenal fan's knickers are in a right twist on Twitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Dedicated Member

Should try playing Santos as a winger since he likes to attack and isn't up to scratch defensively.

Master Sage
    Nice imaginations City fans have.. saying he's a City official with no evidece that he has any relation to the club. Van Persie isn't going to City, his hero is Bergkamp and his other idol Van Basten has told him to stay, and he has constantly re-iterated his love for the club. Really no worries at all.

Even with that..he looks to be a family friend who has no relation to City at all... he was behind them anyways. Van Persie was even asked on twitter who he was and he just responded that he's a cool guy. Why would he say that if he was working for City?

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

BIG RUMOR That we are signing Jan Vertonghen and Eriksen.

I have been going on about Vertonghen probably for 2+ years now?
    Last edited by Firefox; 04-14-2012 at 21:01.

31. Likes The Boy From School wishes they had posted this first.

Thread Information