Latest PSU headlines:

Page 184 of 230 FirstFirst ... 174184194 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,600 of 5732

Thread: Arsenal Thread

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    Has RVP been discussing his move to City?
    Yes. He's dreamed of playing for such a club since he was a youngster

Elite Guru

3. Likes DangerousMali, The Boy From School wishes they had posted this first.
    Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    I am not the biggest fan of little kids.....but this girl is friggin adorable.

As the comments say, Robin....... SIGN THE CONTRACT OR SHE WILL CRY!

5. Likes The Boy From School wishes they had posted this first.
    Dedicated Member
    Cute kid.

@ the top comment. I will too.

I just joined Arsenal-Mania.
    Last edited by The Boy From School; 04-16-2012 at 15:29.

Elite Guru
    yeah she so cute!

Ohh I've lurked on A-M for a few years now. Usually to grab streams on games that aren't on live TV here, and transfer rumour discussions and shit. A lot of knee jerkin post-game so I haven't bothered to sign up myself lol

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Those kinds of forums I hate because they are often filled with stupid fans so I stick around here on PSU.com and reddit.com/r/gunners.

Elite Guru
    That'll teach me for being overconfident before a game like this. I don't want to say the Wigan deserved it, mostly because I feel that we literally just gave it to them on a plate, we made it too easy for them. The game could not have started any worse either lol. Chaos defending, typical Arsenal against lower teams. That's got to be down to the manager, surely? Clearly not doing enough to motivate the players before a game like this. The players should obviously take responsibility too - it happened against QPR as well; they think they just need to turn up and 3 points are guaranteed. Very unprofessional, very bad habit but it's been in our dna for many years now

Regardless of the suicidal defending in the beginning, I'd have still fancied our chances after going 2 nil down, but Ramsey coming on for Arteta almost guarnateed that our game would be dramatically slower than it should be against a team that are 2 goals up. Too much tippy tappy. Rosicky and Benny were the only two that were trying to be direct, trying to beat a man, or pick out a pass (that was there to begin with, rather than hopeless through balls). Taking Benny off was a mistake as well - sucks that Wenger has so much faith in Theo and Ramsey, because IMO one of those should've come off for Ox.

It's a shame because apart from the 2 goals in 2 mins, we looked OK. The kind of performance you'd take a 1-0 from and say well done, dogged, ruthless. But unfortunately the back 4 got shuffled and their formation kind of caught us off guard. Which again, is the fault of the manager. He even said right before the game, in an interview, [something along the lines of] that it doesn't matter much what formation Wigan or any other team play because we know how we're going to play or how we want to play. Didn't make much sense to me then, and now I'm left scratching my head, because that's one of the major reasons we didn't win - we didn't adapt tactically

Subs were poop as well. But that's not Wenger's fault, it just seemed everyone was tired or something? Which should absolutely not be the case as we've had enough time to rest and the last time we played was almost a full game against 10 men.

Ah well. 3rd spot is in our hands. Assuming the tie with Barca isn't already over, Chelsea will shuffle their team against us on the weekend, so hopefully we can kick on. Will be tight now if we assume Spurs and Newcastle win their games in hand. We love to shoot ourselves in the foot and do it the hard way
    Last edited by Nitey; 04-16-2012 at 22:56.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    I just saw it. I am SO FUGGING PISSED RIGHT NOW!

I will be overjoyed to see Koscielny back next game!

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Apart from the time wasting, which I suppose every team does in some form or fashion, Wigan fully deserved a win. They played so well. Their defence was so tight that we could hardly ever get a clean-cut shot away, and Victor Moses seemed like a class act this evening.

Once again I was pleased with Benayoun. It was good to see him track all the way back for their first goal. For a guy who's on loan he really seems to put the effort in and I would love to have him stay permanently.
    Ramsey once again had a bad game in my opinion. Quite a few times he could have passed the ball quickly, but instead dwelled on it for too long and an opportunity was gone in an instant.

Very disappointing, but Wigan deserved something out of it.

Dedicated Member

Elite Guru
    Oh wth. Poor manu - they are some wild fans right there. Lol@the guy falling over himself after throwing a punch Jeez.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    That has to be one of the worst punches someone has ever thrown haha,

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    ugh, I wouldve really liked a win today. Now Suprs and Newcastle can put us in a really tight situation.

On the same, I felt Gervinho should have started over Ox. He has the experience needed in a derby like this and knows how to play on the wing. he was pretty dang good when he came on. I dont know what it takes for us to get going but we've got to figure it out in less than 70 minutes. Maybe we just need to move a lot more in midfield because too often we lost the ball because there was no one to pass to. Ramsey looked much better in the center of field. I wish RVP took that shot after switching inside to his right, or even better getting the ball to gervinho who wouldve been able to finish it (it was that close to goal).

Also, I continue to Love Koscielny. If we had verm+DJ today, im pretty sure we wouldve lost.

Dedicated Member
    Santos played alright as a winger. Good to see can have extra options.
    Still think we can get 3rd. Spurs are collapsing. Newcastle have tough fixtures (Wigan, Chelsea, Man City and Everton) but are on good form. Expect them to get 4th. Chelsea look to far behind. They might get fourth but doubt they'll overtake us at this point. They also got some tough fixtures. (QPR, Newcastle, Liverpool and Blackburn) Two relegation battlers and Newcastle. Liverpool can probably get a point of them. Important thing was not to lose today. Just hope we don't collapse. Toughest game now is Stoke away.

Elite Guru
    Arsenal striker Robin van Persie named PFA Player of the Year

Robin van Persie has been named as the Professional Footballers' Association's Player of the Year.

The 28-year-old striker has scored 38 times this season, including 34 goals in all competitions for Arsenal.

The Dutch international, who is the Premier League's top goalscorer, said: "If other people are saying it, it is special, but it is even more special if your opponents are saying it.

"If they make up their minds that I'm the best player it is a big honour."

Van Persie, who has been inspirational for Arsene Wenger's side this season, was also quick to acknowledge the importance of his team-mates.

"Without them I could not have achieved it - for example Theo Walcott, he has given me more than 12 assists and I do really appreciate that," he said.

Van Persie is enjoying his most fruitful season since signing for Arsenal in 2004, helped largely by a fruitful switch into the centre-forward role.

"To be fair, when I first went there I wasn't really as confident and I wasn't really sure I could do it," he added.

"It took a bit of time but after a couple of months I slowly realised I could do a good job there."

Van Persie won the award ahead of Manchester United's Wayne Rooney, Tottenham's Scott Parker and Manchester City trio Sergio Aguero, Joe Hart and David Silva.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17797832

Fully deserved. Congrats skip! Hopefully he bags some goals in the last few games, or avoids a broken leg at Stoke - that'll be just as good

Master Sage
    Stoke fans... making Chelsea fans look classy. Seriously hope we can bounce back from this.

edit: Loving that goal set up by Rosickly and the domination of the match now in response to that goal!

How'd Gervinho not get his head on that?
    Last edited by Firefox; 04-28-2012 at 15:21.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    yeah, benayoun, rosicky, and RVP all did a great job on the goal.

And I think Gervinho is just one of those players who had absolutely no ability with his head from a cross. He's been typical gervinho today, playing well but screwing up every final product.

Master Sage
    Arsenal's Dream Team in action.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ggCFoGYYT8

Dedicated Member
    So worst kept secret that Poldolski has signed for Arsenal has been announced. Hopefully not a replacement for RVP.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    hell be a good signing. always been a fan of his.

Elite Guru
    Hopefully it's the first of a few quality signings. Very un-Wenger-like to wrap up a deal this early =P

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    It's a start. We need another 3 or 4 top quality signings to make a difference, not to mention getting rid of those who should never be here anyway

If Wenger can do that, thus admitting he totally fucked up last summer, killing this season before it started, I might change my tune about him

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    It's a start. We need another 3 or 4 top quality signings to make a difference, not to mention getting rid of those who should never be here anyway

If Wenger can do that, thus admitting he totally fucked up last summer, killing this season before it started, I might change my tune about him
    That's a bit harsh; while we didn't have a good transfer period last summer, the signings of Arteta and the Ox are hardly bad.
    On another note: which team do Arsenal fans want to win tonight?

S. Vettel challenges on GT5- 3 Golds, all using DS3
    I think that makes me the best DS3 user on GT5 in the whole PSU, but I'm open to challenges

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by adamp93 View Post
    That's a bit harsh; while we didn't have a good transfer period last summer, the signings of Arteta and the Ox are hardly bad.
    On another note: which team do Arsenal fans want to win tonight?
    They were good signings yes but IMO we overpaid for both of them, as well as Gervinho. Arteta was a panic buy as well, him having a good season doesn't change that. He had a lot of injury problems at Everton, it was a big risk

We seem to be in for M'Villa big time. If we can bring in him along with Podolski and another striker before the euro's start we will have done well. If I had my way we'd also sign another CB to replace either Djourou or Mertesacker, but I don't think we will sign a centre half.

Another forward is absolutely vital though for me. Podolski is essentially Arshavin's replacement and will play on the left in the first 11 and also be cover for RVP up front, which is why he's a very good signing. What I would love to see is a top class CF brought in to lead the line and move RVP back to his old second striker position. That would give us really strong options up front as well as multiple ways of playing. Failing that, bring in somebody to play behind RVP. We tried to sign Jovetic last summer, he's a real class act and would suit that role perfectly for us

Ches
    Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen Gibbs/new LB
    Song Wilshere
    Chamberlain ------ Podolski
    Jovetic
    RVP

would be an excellent lineup and with strong options on the bench

As for the game tonight, City of course. Even if they win though, the title is still completely up in the air. I think it will be a boring game, Man U don't need to win so will set up to stop City playing and counter attack at pace.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Kagawa has accounced he's declined Dortmund doubling his salary to 6m as he wants to move to europe. I think Arsenal and ManU are the top contenders but chelsea will probably also want to get in on this. I think he would be a perfect replacement for rosicky since he is active like Tomas, just younger and faster. Plus he would probably also Ryo's development. They are both speedy mids so I think that would also be a plus.

I dont want to get ahead my myself with optimistic thoughts of all these signings, but if you'll allow me for a moment, assuming we do sign another mid and a forward and sell some players, i think there will be a lot of players who we've signed for a few years who i wouldn't like to start. Gervinho is one of these as i think we could bring in better players (i'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he will improve after only one year in the epl). I think it might do well to send Ramsey on loan again. All of this is of course within the premise that we do not have injury issues and do add players.

Edit in response to Cyn and Adam: I personally think that the Ox was a great signing. Especially if we can get get that cannon into his heart and keep him long time as I assume Jack will do. My biggest problem with the Arteta signing is that he is 30 and its a 3 year deal. thats long. But i'm still happy we got him, especially given the circumstances. And we just extended DJ so he's not going anywhere. Neither is Mertesacker who I am always cautious about when i see start.
    Also, Obligatory call to add Leandro Damiao.

And I want to see a good game but ultimately I dont want to see City win the league. and not that I hate him nearly as much as Arsenal fans, I dont want for Nasri to raise a trophy with city, especially not before us.
    Last edited by DINAMO788; 04-30-2012 at 20:00.

Thread Information