Page 185 of 230 FirstFirst ... 175185195 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,625 of 5732

Thread: Arsenal Thread

Dedicated Member
    I don't think M'villa should be a priority. We have Song already although he isn't really solely a DM as he attacks quite a bit too. Our midfield is pretty decent and Wilshere will be back next season (hopefully) plus M'villa would stunt Coquelan's development. LB doesn't fill me with confidence and need better back up at RB for Sagna. The first team can be improved but the problem is the substitutes. Eg AC Milan second half we couldn't get a fourth. Subs of Chamakh, Park etc aren't good enough. Only would want M'villa if we managed to shift the deadwood.

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I think Yann M'vila is the next priority along with a left back.. Arteta won't be fit everyday, and what happens if Song is gone? We can't depend on Coquelin or Ramsey. And Jack of course will take quite some time to get his form back.

And Diaby, no matter how much of a great talent he is, just can't seem to catch a break.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Yeah, I've said in a previous post here that my main concern would be shifting out the deadwood first and foremost. The wage structure at Arsenal is quite ridiculous and there is definitely a few players that aren't fit to wear the red and white, effectively stealing a living lol.

I would love if we reverted to that system of play Cyn, and have RvP in his favoured role. I don't think it will happen any time soon though, but the older he gets the further back he'll play, so maybe in his twilight years [assuming he stays -_-]. Still chuffed about sealing Podolski signing, he's only 26 and can really give us the best years of his career. I'm hearing he has a good work rate and is a bit of a fighter which is what we definitely need more of.

Kagawa would be an amazing addition, but with the likes of Utd and Chelsea looking at him the chances of us getting plummet dramatically. That, as well as the fact that we've got plenty of midfielders that Wenger won't let go just yet. On the subject of Dortmund, I wouldn't mind Hummels as well but that ain't gonna happen, with DJ getting himself a contract extension as Dinamo pointed out. I actually rate our defenders, individually. I could be completely wrong, but to me it's just clear that more work needs to be done on defending as a 'unit'. I'd highlight Clichy's performance against Utd tonight as an example of a team that works well as a unit - I was hardly comfortable when Clichy had to defend in a pressure situation for us but he ate everything up tonight and throughout most the season for City. Fabregas eluded to it recently as well that in the Barca team he knows exactly his role, exactly what is required of him on the pitch. Stuff he said he never had to worry about with Arsenal... dunno, food for thought

But yeah, I'm hoping we can free up some of the wage budget and bring in some more quality signings. We don't need super class players to challenge tbh, just reliable and hard working players. Wenger can bring out the best in players other clubs don't look at - he's proven that for years. So hopefully he sorts it out with regards to the not-so-worthy
    Last edited by Nitey; 04-30-2012 at 22:56.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Just imagine RVP playing behind Cavani...

The sad thing is, that really isn't beyond the realms of possibility for our club. If we just had the ambition to make it happen we could, but we don't. Because the board are the same old conservative Arsenal and Wenger is Wenger, he thinks paying more than 20m for one player is a sin, even if that player is worth it and far more.

If I could take one player out of Dortmund it would be Hummels. Rather him than Gotze or Kagawa. Man's a beast, one of the best CB's in the world.

Freeing up the wages and getting the freeloaders off our books and out the door is just as important as bringing in new players, absolutely. If we don't get rid of at least 5 out of;

Diaby
    Almunia
    Squillaci
    Bendtner
    Denilson
    Vela (who is having a good season and we should be able to sell no problem)
    Chamakh
    Park
    and to a lesser extent Fabianski and Djourou

then I'll be fuming. We $#@!ed up massively last summer. Learn from your mistakes

So many players I can't wait to see the back of and even out of those left, who's really up to it? Ramsey has been poor all season. Santos is a bit of a joke, panic buy if you ever saw one. Mertesacker had this dodgy ankle when we signed him, he's a crock as well as too slow and ponderous for this league. Rosicky is alright but can't last more than an hour. Wilshere might not be fit for the start of next season, which when you think about it makes you want to scream, he'll be off the pace for a while even after he's fit too. Gibbs I like, but massive question marks over his fitness and positional awareness, we could do with a real left back. Song has been $#@! this season IMO, don't care about his flashy assists, he isn't dong his job and breaks up as many of our attacks as opposition's.

Sorry for being negative, but unless Wenger pulls out his best ever transfer window by a country mile, I can only see more of the same next season.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    and I thought I was critical lol.
    I think Song has been a rock for us. one of our top 5 players for sure. Without him we wouldn't be in third. But i still wish we havent have signed Per but whats done is done. He can be used in a squad against stoke or someone. Ramsey was good at the start of the year when he was hussling around like a mad man, but then he was worn too thin and hasnt been the same since.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Song's been a lot of things this season.... infuriating one minute, amazing the next, retarded, spectacular, foolish, genius, lazy, beastly, gormless, inspired... but a rock is not a phrase I would use to describe him in any game this season.

So Firefox it sounds like your main man Vertonghen is our next target. Although right now it's just the least creditable sites reporting it. Will probably happen though, we are obviously his favoured destination.

Master Sage
    Us getting Vertonghen would be huge, he can cover for us in so many positions including LB where Gibbs may have problems staying fit.

A fantastic look at our season.. The many ups, and downs. From 6:51 to 8:51.. just wow!

http://youtu.be/MqYHPdJb4wU

Elite Guru
    I'm so nervous about tomorrow. If we don't win the door is wide open for us to miss out on CL . Shame on us for putting ourselves in such a pressre situation AGAIN, and Norwich have had crap results lately but you just know they'll show up against Arsenal.

-_-

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    I'll be extremely disappointed if we can't even look like scoring or winning tomorrow.

Oh and by the way, I saw Thomas Vermaelen the other day when I went to see The Avengers - he was going into a restaurant right next to the cinema.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    I'm not sure about Vertonghen if the interest is mainly for his versatility. I like him but I want him for a specific position. I dont know if we need our own Phil Jones.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Molo316 View Post
    I'll be extremely disappointed if we can't even look like scoring or winning tomorrow.

Oh and by the way, I saw Thomas Vermaelen the other day when I went to see The Avengers - he was going into a restaurant right next to the cinema.
    Oh man, lucky!!!

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Oh man, lucky!!!
    He didn't pass me, so I never said anything. I saw him come up the escalator and I just kept looking in his direction. I'm sure he knew that I knew who he was, as as he was waiting to be seated he kept looking over his shoulder in my direction.
    I would loved to have gotten a picture, but I thought it would just be somewhat disrespectful, as he was there to enjoy himself.

Dedicated Member
    F**k!

I'm gonna have to pull an all nighter, because there is no way I'm gonna wake up at 4:30 AM to watch the game. No chance.

We better f**king win.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boy From School View Post
    F**k!

I'm gonna have to pull an all nighter, because there is no way I'm gonna wake up at 4:30 AM to watch the game. No chance.

We better f**king win.

Damn Arizona? I would just record it.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DINAMO788 View Post
    Damn Arizona? I would just record it.
    I'm actually thinking of doing that. I've done it before, even though it doesn't feel the same.

Regardless, we need these 3 points.

Master Sage
    Anyone who hasn't visited Arseblog News yet.. visit it now! Brilliant site with sensible comments on articles most of the time too.
    http://news.arseblog.com/

If you live in Arizona, you've got to check this out! Pretty crazy how early they wake up.. but it's cool that they can all watch live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr_60ymtRJE

17. Likes Sleepy likes this post
    Master Sage
    Frustrating game.. I don't feel Gervinho at all.. ever since the ACN he looks like he wants to go on vacation.

edit: The way we are giving up goals.. we don't even deserve 3rd. We need to comeback and win this game.
    Last edited by Firefox; 05-05-2012 at 13:17.

Elite Guru
    45 minutes to save us from completely destroying our season, and next year's aspirations. Oh to be a gooner

Apprentice
    I am rather pessimistic so here goes: How far do you think we'll get in the Europa League?

S. Vettel challenges on GT5- 3 Golds, all using DS3
    I think that makes me the best DS3 user on GT5 in the whole PSU, but I'm open to challenges

Master Sage
    Chamakh is on.. we'll surely score now! As Alan Davies said.. securing third against a Hodgson side will be tough.

edit: We screwed it up.. BIG TIME.. I don't see us getting 3rd now. I was so happy when we went up 3-2.. as well..
    Last edited by Firefox; 05-05-2012 at 14:50.

Elite Guru
    Well that's that then. Side full of bottlers

I don't usually do this, and I'm aware a lot of players had below par games today, but: $#@! Ramsey (I know it's not his fault... $#@!ing Wenger). How this guy gets start over start in our team is disgraceful. When he came off we looked like we'd $#@!ing score, and we did. Too bad we didn't get that penalty at the end on Robin.

We just bottled it, as we so often do in situations where we have to be counted. I'm terribly gutted because we're probably not going to play in the CL next season and will have a hard time attracting big names to our club (not like we'd sign them anyway )

Their equaliser....How we managed to concede such a goal just speaks volumes of our balance as a TEAM. Unbelievable

Anyway, I can safely say my man cruch on Arteta this season has been fully justified, as since he got injured we look like the kind of team we did before we signed him on deadline day. Not single-handedly, but, that mofo held our season together.

Big up to Gervinho and Chamakh showing fight in the 2nd half. Could have been so differnet if we didn't let the balls balloon up every single time in midfield, we needed calm (Arteta)

$#@! sake

Quote Originally Posted by adamp93 View Post
    I am rather pessimistic so here goes: How far do you think we'll get in the Europa League?
    Quarters or Semis at best. See, the problem isn't who we play, it's us - in pressure situations, just like today. We're our own worst enemy

Edit:

Alright, just looked at the table lol. If Man City start wrapping up the title by tomorrow and beat Newcastle, which is not going to be easy, then we're in with a shout of 4th. But you just know Tottenumb are gonna power their way through the next two games with the motivation we have given them. The same way they gave us motive to go on that huge winning streak we did after beating them at the Grove

At this point 4th is achievable if we beat Brom away. N'castle have to play City tomorrow and their last game is against a rampant Everton side so they may not get much from their next 2 games. Tottenham have it easy though..

And then we got to hope Chelsea lose to Bayern

Clinging to straws like a mother$#@! lol
    Last edited by Nitey; 05-05-2012 at 14:56.

Apprentice
    Completely agree with the bottlers comments. As soon it it went to 3-2 they all just gave up. Either carry on with the pressure we had been piling on since the second half started or park the bus!! What we did was shambolic and disgraceful. Our only hope is for Man City to beat Newcastle and Bayern to win the CL.

S. Vettel challenges on GT5- 3 Golds, all using DS3
    I think that makes me the best DS3 user on GT5 in the whole PSU, but I'm open to challenges

Master Sage
    As much as I love Vermaelen.. today was probably his worst ever performance for the club really.

Elite Guru
    Let's not forget their equaliser as well, it was right at Sczezny, literally...right at him, that was horrible. Then their goal to go up 2-1 was such bad luck, but dont get me wrong they were playing us off the park at that stage but we definitely could have gotten away with those 2 goals and held on then took control. The bad luck and shambolic team play kinda reminded me of the game against AC Milan at the San Siro

For us right now there is no bigger prize than to finish in 3rd place, that's why the 1st half performance in particular (and overall result) hurts so much. I miss the old Arsenal, nerves of steel for the most part and pace mixed wth power and calm. Whether we get into CL next year or not, Wenger has a hell of a job to do over summer - hope he can manage it alongside his French commentary during the Euros. Jeez

Graham Taylor on BBC Radio 5 live at the Emirates:

"Arsenal are third but their position is well under threat now. They have now conceded 47 goals and when you let in that amount then you are going to be lucky to finish third. It really has been a problem for them this season. They (Arsenal's defenders) seemed nervous with one another. They will really be under pressure if that happens (miss out on a Champions League spot) - even more so than they were at the start of the season - as third position has been in their own hands up until now."
    Last edited by Nitey; 05-05-2012 at 15:16.

Elite Guru
    Items CoD: World at WarEA SportsActivision Logo360 SlimModern Warfare 3
    Very lucky to get a draw.

#CoolCoolCool

Thread Information