Latest PSU headlines:

Page 188 of 230 FirstFirst ... 178188198 ... LastLast
Results 4,676 to 4,700 of 5732

Thread: Arsenal Thread

Dedicated Member

Who was it that said if we got 4th it would be AW's greatest achievement?

2. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Great scenes at the end, gotta love Mr. Pat Rice . Happy St. Totteringham's day guys

It's astonishing to think what is considered Sp*rs best season in like forever goes head to head with what is considered Arsenal's worst in a long time, yet they still fall behind. Forever in our shadow.

Arsene's anxious hug or whatever you wanna call it, on Rice, was 'aww' worthy lol.

Anyway, enjoy:

Hehe
    Last edited by Nitey; 05-14-2012 at 01:41.

4. Likes Sleepy, DangerousMali likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Love that one!

6. Likes Sleepy likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Marton Fulop.. really man of the match probably an Arsenal fan! Also Kieran Gibbs what a sensational tackle.. wish there was a gif for that one!

Tackle of the season for us! Gibbs is just fantastic. Arsene always had faith in him to takeover from Clichy and surpass him.. and you see why.
    Last edited by Firefox; 05-14-2012 at 07:25.

8. Likes Sleepy likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    here you go:

But it does leave the question, how was Jones so open on the left side (Gibbs' side) in the first place?

10. Likes Sleepy likes this post
    Master Sage
    Gibbs was marking someone and Benayoun got caught strolling not being aware of the situation.
    Last edited by Firefox; 05-14-2012 at 09:05.

12. Likes Sleepy likes this post
    Apprentice
    It definitely wasn't Gibbs' fault he was there, it's not his job to mark their RB. But how lucky were we?! I don't know what has happened to Szczesney these past few weeks but he used to be our only player who we could count on performing when required. After the past few games does anyone else think Arteta is our most important player? Without him RVP is invisible and we can't control the midfield like we normally can

S. Vettel challenges on GT5- 3 Golds, all using DS3
    I think that makes me the best DS3 user on GT5 in the whole PSU, but I'm open to challenges

Elite Guru
    Arteta is indeed one of our most vital players, I was crushed when he was ruled out for the season and was right in thinking that it would make finishing 3rd much more difficult, and it did. But fuuuuuuuck it, I'm still buzzing what we managed to achieve in the end, we were written off beyond hope all throughout this season, and I've jumped on a few players and Arsene's back during the course of the season but we've surpassed all expectations and despite there being some absolute horrendous, spineless and downright pathetic team and individual displays throughout the campaign - I'm still proud. Opposition fans will tell you otherwise, but, we deserved a bit of luck yesterday (Fulop's performance, Morrison having to go off injured)

Now we just have to make sure we kick on, after surviving this tough season. That's the most important thing^

There was another amazing last ditch challenge in the 2nd half by Koscielny I think, but yeah that Gibbs tackle was amazing!

15. Likes Sleepy, DINAMO788 likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adamp93 View Post
    It definitely wasn't Gibbs' fault he was there, it's not his job to mark their RB. But how lucky were we?! I don't know what has happened to Szczesney these past few weeks but he used to be our only player who we could count on performing when required. After the past few games does anyone else think Arteta is our most important player? Without him RVP is invisible and we can't control the midfield like we normally can
    Apparently for the past five weeks Szczesney has been playing with an injuring and been taking injections so he can play.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by elite gamer View Post
    Apparently for the past five weeks Szczesney has been playing with an injuring and been taking injections so he can play.
    I do remember reading somewhere about him being a doubt for a couple of games. Im glad the season is over now though because those injections are not good for you.

and Nitey, that Kos gif is awesome.
    Last edited by DINAMO788; 05-14-2012 at 18:46.

Elite Guru
    Yes, I heard he was playing with a shoulder injury. Probably the reason he found himself in awkward positions at times

Master Sage
    All the Sp*rs fans going on about how Arsenal and Fulop should he charged for match fixing... Forever in our shadow...

20. Likes Sleepy, Nitey likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Apparently pictures of Podolski will be up 11PM on Arsenal.com
    Not sure if true though.

Elite Guru
    Bet he's glad we got third =P

Edit:

Last edited by Nitey; 05-14-2012 at 22:12.

Dedicated Member

Found this an interesting watch.
    Last edited by elite gamer; 05-15-2012 at 00:00.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Wheeeeeey!

I didn't comment about yesterday's game: as any other Arsenal fan, mighty glad that they pulled through in the end.
    Whilst on my lunch break I was checking out the City game and saw that Benayoun scored in the first four minutes. I thought that they had got their backsides into gear and were hopefully going to win comfortably. Before I went back to work I saw that it was 2-1 and I was quite annoyed, just because all we had to do was win, and I thought that was enough incentive for them to do well. So with that being said, I was over the moon when I saw the score was 3-2. Well done!

I felt from the start that Benayoun would be a good signing for us, and overall I felt he did really well during the course of the season. Unless we're going to get another good midfielder I would love us to be able to sign him permanently, but after the good season that he had I doubt that Chelsea would want to sell him to us. Sucks!

Great tackle from Gibbs too by the way!

Good to see Pat get a good send off. Hopefully Steve Bould will do a good job and put some fight and bite into the team's mentality.

And to think how the season all started off, and we finished above our "usual" position in the league, let alone above Tottenham, in terms of the league itself, it wasn't half bad in the end.
    Build on this!

25. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Master Sage
    Good trip down memory lane in celebration...

http://youtu.be/cZjk6qtyZCg

Last edited by Firefox; 05-15-2012 at 07:49.

Dedicated Member
    They ask Kagawa about his future and his team mate says "ask Arsene Wenger". Apparently he was corrected by teams mates to say Ferguson after though. Make of it what you will. (17:45) Don't think we need him and don't think we would even we wanted him anyway.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
    Good trip down memory lane in celebration...

http://youtu.be/cZjk6qtyZCg

LOL. Classic

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    They ask Kagawa about his future and his team mate says "ask Arsene Wenger". Apparently he was corrected by teams mates to say Ferguson after though. Make of it what you will. (17:45) Don't think we need him and don't think we would even we wanted him anyway.
    yeah, i read that he or his agent were actually meeting with SAF. nothing official though, just a meeting. I personally think Kagawa would fit in much better with our system than in ManU's. I mean, we already have the formation for him, all he'd do is pop into the rosicky slot. ManU would need to switch around their midfield to suit him.

Dedicated Member
    Apparently some guy had a trial and we want to sign him now.

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    So Podolski a Gooner now gonna add him to your Squad on Fifa as Arsenal are my 2nd Team (love watching him and Klose tear up Defences for Germany)
    Last edited by John25; 05-17-2012 at 06:00.

32. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Master Guru
    Gooner

34. Likes John25 , Molo316 likes this post
    Master Sage
    I don't get the Hodgson hate.. he's done brilliant jobs at various teams he's managed (Fulham Europa League Final.. and Liverpool were always a mess regardless they hate him for no reason).. Alan Davies explained it well a few episodes back on the Tuesday Club. Sure the squad selection was bad in some areas (Carrol? Downing?) but he did bring in the Ox. I'm hoping the Ox can come on as a substitute often.

He has what it takes.. regardless of what fans of other clubs are saying.. we've seen that, pundits have seen it, and Arsene has seen it.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
    I don't get the Hodgson hate.. he's done brilliant jobs at various teams he's managed (Fulham Europa League Final.. and Liverpool were always a mess regardless they hate him for no reason).. Alan Davies explained it well a few episodes back on the Tuesday Club. Sure the squad selection was bad in some areas (Carrol? Downing?) but he did bring in the Ox. I'm hoping the Ox can come on as a substitute often.

He has what it takes.. regardless of what fans of other clubs are saying.. we've seen that, pundits have seen it, and Arsene has seen it.
    I'm all for him. I just don't want to see everyone jump him when England fail (sadly, I reckon it's inevitable). But if he were to pull it off with then it would be one of the greatest and hilarious things ever.
    I'm sure that even if Jose Mourinho or Pep Guardiola was in charge that it would be a longshot for England to win anything. Capello is a great coach, based on what he has won in his time, but he couldn't do much with England.

Thread Information