Thread: Arsenal Thread

Dedicated Member

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boy From School View Post
    Tell that to Bergkamp or Henry.

Master Poster
    Items LiverpoolModern Warfare 3
    There is hardly any loyalty in football anymore.

Van persie is a $#@! just like Torres, Nasri, Tevez all money grabbing $#@!s.

"Raise your weapon, one word and it's over"

4. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I'm with Cesc on this one; I'm in shock.

Grats Utd for getting such a fantastic player, grats on the board for squeezing £24m out of Utd. Wow.

8 years of history wiped out in an instant, this is crazy. Like I said in another post, he came to Arsenal when the rivalry between the two clubs were at it's highest and completely disregarding that he joins them.

Btw guys I wouldn't be so quick to hate on the board. Whilst traditionally we've had to offload player to bring some on I feel that this may be a special circumstance. Let's not forget:

1) He doesn't want to be here
    2) His heart isn't with Arsenal anymore
    3) City and Juve publicly stated their interest is not as great as it once was
    4) The best contract we offered him to date was a rumoured £5m signing on fee and £130k/week
    5) If he had stayed here he'd have had to survive on the rumoured 80-90k (?) he's currently on. Not enough money
    6) You bet he's gonna be earning probably more than twice as much at Utd now, AND for four $#@!ing years lol

It's all about the money. He's worse than Ade, Nasri etc combined

--

Fair play to the Utd fans (on this forum) for not being $#@!s in all this

--

I can just see ex-gunners like Bergkamp, Adams, Lauren, Henry, Pires, Ljunberg, Campbell et al SM-$#@!ing-H'ing right now

It's a shame that no group of fans will ever have a bond with him when he hangs his boots up

Elite Member
    Maybe Success mean's alot to a footballer not just money in some ways money does yeah, maybe RVP wants to win trophies but with Arsenal there not bringing anything, in my eyes RVP should of gone somewhere around spain now here in england he will not be liked by many Arsenal fan's where utd fan's got to see if he has anything to bring!! but i cant bare to watch a Arsenal v UTD football match now with all this banter, hand signs, swearing ect ec that will be thrown at him, something will explode like when Adebayor scored againt Arsenal when he moved!! to me i just watch football for entertainment some take it serious when it become all about a player moving to a rival club :/ just leave him be, you (Arsenal) will sign some1 that will be a bigger success than RVP only that time will come for those for wait.

Elite Guru
    Yeah fair point nextgen3. He's just another Arsenal player now, that's all. And yes they Arsenal away fans in particular will destroy him, and he'll react - he's always had that reaction in him (see: Arse v N'castle few months back)

Anyways, spare a thought for the old man Wenger. Have you guys noticed how $#@!ing skinny and, I hate to be blunt, how unhealthy he's looking these days? I think all this football $#@! is getting to him lol. God help us the day these mercenaries/backstabbers/investments/whatever-you-wanna-call-it drive him to finally say '$#@! it'

I love you Arsene . I hope THOSEfans back off him a bit cos he's done well this window.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Unfortunate to see. BUt I guess the team is partly to blame. When the organisation is constantly selling off talent (after spending years to develop them) it would be frustrating as a player to see this and think "when am I ever going to get help"?
    Be Together - Not the same.

9. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    No one thinks he got plenty of help this year in 3 bright internationals? The point is if we could match the wages that United paid him, he'd still be here.

Veteran
    Items Firefox LogoPS3 SlimUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DINAMO788 View Post
    No one thinks he got plenty of help this year in 3 bright internationals? The point is if we could match the wages that United paid him, he'd still be here.
    Pretty certain City will have offered bigger wages my man, maybe he just wanted to join Man United? To be fair you have replaced him already with your transfers, hope you guys do well next season, I actually quite like Arsenal.
    Last edited by yourmumsface17; 08-15-2012 at 22:40.

Dedicated Member
    Watching Spain vs Puerto Rico.

I can't wait 'til Saturday.

Cazorla+Giroud+Podolski>Traitor.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boy From School View Post
    Watching Spain vs Puerto Rico.

I can't wait 'til Saturday.

Cazorla+Giroud+Podolski>Traitor.
    Hey! We sold you Silverstre! You are merely returning the favour!

14. Likes Nitey , Sleepy likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Ballsy by united to invest 60m over the next few years on a player with an injury record. Reading other forums suggests that Wenger stated on TF1 (french radio/tv) that RvP forced a move - shouldn't be a surprise to anyone but kudos to the board to pinch as many pennies as they did for a want away 29 year old that isn't signing a contract with 1 year to go. I feel the heads of both parties are fairly happy with this deal

Out: Van Persie
    In: Giroud, Podolski, Cazorla

If we manage to keep Song [I have no idea what the $#@! is going on with that] as well as players coming back from injury I think we'll be OK. With Robin we'd have had a very good chance at something, now, not so much. But we should be okay. If we invest the money from Utd into other signing(s) then that's even better, but I don't think that will be happening

Edit: Oh yeah his son Shaqueel . He was destined to be a gooner. Daddy $#@!ed up - Wonder what his wife thinks
    Last edited by Nitey; 08-15-2012 at 23:03.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny2304 View Post
    There is hardly any loyalty in football anymore.

Van persie is a $#@! just like Torres, Nasri, Tevez all money grabbing $#@!s.
    This is why I'll be extra pissed if Liverpool sell Agger to City. Dont find loyalty like that anymore.

17. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    He is 29

Except from last season was nothing special ( ithink)

Has a not so good injury history that is quite worrying (wit him getting older...)

No song ( who was what Gerrard was to Torres)

24 mil for him...

Pretty good deal if you ask me.

Also, a tip, if you wan to get rid of crappy players like Arshavin or Chamakh then make them be captains

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    He is 29

Except from last season was nothing special ( ithink)

Has a not so good injury history that is quite worrying (wit him getting older...)

No song ( who was what Gerrard was to Torres)

24 mil for him...

Pretty good deal if you ask me.

Also, a tip, if you wan to get rid of crappy players like Arshavin or Chamakh then make them be captains
    According to the telegraph I think the deal is 15 million plus bonuses (imagine it will be performance related / title wins or something) good deal for both sides, a decent fee and he will no doubt get the bonuses. (If that's true that is.)

Elite Guru
    Wenger's supposidly said on his commentary (what kind of top tier manager does commentary anyway? $#@! sake lol) that it was 30m euros, so basically the reported fee of £24m. Anyway at the wages you'll be paying him I have to applaud the ballsyness of it all

Also don't worry about his fitness, I just rememberd that we get a LOT of injuries compared to other teams. I think it's a safe bet to assume your fitness staff aare light-years ahead of ours

What sickens me though is Arsenal fans have to pay a $#@!ing premium to watch the team every weekend, the highest in the country - yet we've got to deal with these $#@!ed up sagas every summer. Messed up

Keep da faith etc

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by yourmumsface17 View Post
    According to the telegraph I think the deal is 15 million plus bonuses (imagine it will be performance related / title wins or something) good deal for both sides, a decent fee and he will no doubt get the bonuses. (If that's true that is.)

Is that is true with the bonuses then yes it's a very good deal for you too.

I mean if RVP hits the ground running and provides an instant impact ( which is what AF wants considering RVP age, then 24 mil would still be a very good price for you, if he can does stay injury free too )

Either way your average age would be quite high haha.

Also, i feel sorry for Hernandez haha.

Dedicated Member
    Llorente to Juventus and Javi Martinez to Bayern.

Cazorla scored in the 1st half; he's f**king bossing.

I hope the traitor catches Scholes on a bad day in training and pulls a Tonya Harding on his $#@!ass.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    It is understood Van Persie was encouraged by the arrivals of Germany forward Lukas Podolski, France striker Olivier Giroud and Spain midfielder Cazorla - to the point where he was open to the idea of staying with or without a new contract.

But Wenger pulled him aside shortly before Sunday's friendly victory over Cologne, told him he would be sold if a deal could be reached and informed the Dutchman he was no longer part of his plans.
    What do you guys make of this? I can't believe it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19179833

Elite Guru
    What the.

I believe the part of "if a deal can be reached", as we've spent a lot and not really sold anything, which is how we've been doing business post-emirates era. But I honestly don't believe that Wenger said he isn't part of our plans. Doesn't make sense.

Anyways onwards and upwards I guess. I'm already over it lol and hoping for the best this season

I still believe the money won't be reinvested and that we're pretty much set with the squad. Hopefuly I'm wrong

Edit: Actually, I will add that if Wenger did genuinely let him know that he's no longer part of our 'plans' then fine. Wenger is quite a stubborn guy and probably took the statement and him not travelling on the Asia tour badly and probably just fed up with all the $#@!ing questions he gets about RvP in every interview he gives.

Arsene's been there and done it when it comes to these kind of players. The quicker the poison is out the door the better it is for team morale.
    Last edited by Nitey; 08-16-2012 at 00:44.

Dedicated Member
    What if they bought the players to prepare for him leaving so if RVP wanted to stay it would have messed up the finances so he had to be sold to cover the cost. Although the net spending is now about £0 and we had money from last year plus the budget so probably not.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Gutted, truly gutted. I didn't blame him for wanting out, we aint winning anything this season or any time soon. But to go to them.... $#@!ing traitor. I can understand City, who wouldn't want to go there, win a lot and get filthy rich playing with the best players in the league? And I wouldn't have given a $#@! if he went abroad. But this is the one thing he could have done to lose every ounce of respect I had for him. Nice one Rob

I knew he would be gone before Sept 1st, but thought he'd play for us on Saturday. I really did think that Mancini was bluffing and that City were still in the hunt, guess I was wrong there.

But it looks like Man U eventually stumped up enough cash for our board to sanction the sale. BBC say £22.5m plus another £1.5m add-on. That's a little under what I thought it would take but we're a rubbish selling club at the best of times so that isn't terrible by our standards.

Alex Song next. And this one really, really hurts. The same club who have been repeatedly kicking us whilst we twitch on the floor every summer (and sporadically in the CL) are at it again. Hello Barcelona, we knew we'd see you soon. My bum is all lubed up, wanna get started? We're about to sell one of the best holding midfielders in the league, with 3 years left on his contract, for about half his market value. WHY FOR $#@! SAKE.

I knew this would happen. The enthusiasm and excitement of signing Cazorla had to be balanced somehow, we aren't allowed to have nice things without giving over a pound of flesh.

You know what? The fact we are losing another two first team players isn't what hurts. It's the fact that the ~£35m we make from these sales will not be reinvested, AT ALL. It will be pocketed by the club and we will close shop for the summer. No stronger than we were last season and without the fella who kept us just about treading water

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    My bum is all lubed up, wanna get started?
    Are you trying to tell us something Cyn?

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    When the big catalan drops the soap in the shower, one should be as ready as they can be

Paracetamol, anyone?

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    We could very well have won things with Van Persie on the team, Podolski on the left and Cazorla in midfield.

Thread Information