Latest PSU headlines:

Page 203 of 230 FirstFirst ... 193203213 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,075 of 5732

Thread: Arsenal Thread

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    At the end of the day the persuading from Alonso and Mourinho was only going to do so much. If he wanted to come to Arsenal over Liverpool and we wanted him here it was always gonna be a longshot for Liverpool to get him.

I think our interest lowered a bit due to having to deal with RvP and Song this week, but once those were done it was back to business.

If we can also, somehow, bring in a proper DM, I'll be over the moon

--

Regarding the game yesterday it was a predictable performance and result. Like Arsene said that's how Sunderland always play against and plus we've always found it hard to break down a team that plays with all men behind the ball. It'll take a while for the new boys to settle down, but Cazorla is showing how much of a prized asset he is already - just oozes confidence and composure. I wished he'd have pushed forward a little more than he did but his cautiousness was acceptable due to Diaby and Arteta faffing around.

It felt like at times Diaby and Arteta were unsure which one would push and which would stay, I think it got to a point where Arteta just stayed back and tried playing a traditional DM lol. Would have preferred Coq to have played beside Arteta...

Anyway Giroud has shown good promise, it's too bad the chance fell to him on his weaker foot at such a vital moment in the game. Despite them not playing football with us I was happy with the amount of chances we did manage to create and think if we were a little sharper we'd have walked away with all points

Podolski was okay. I think he came looking for the ball a bit too often but that's cool. He showed enough on his debut for me. The chances were far and few between which ****ing sucks, but what can you do. Even Barca struggle against teams that sit all their players back. Didn't have the luck we needed to squeeze a goal in. If only teams came to the Emirates playing football the way Southampton did against City tonight

Looking forward to having Koscielny and Ox back for a typically combative game against Stoke Rugby Club next weekend.
    Last edited by Nitey; 08-19-2012 at 22:28.

2. Likes The Boy From School likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    I think the problem is we need more dynamic players on the team. The only dynamic players we had who would push the game and make plays were Cazorla and Gervinho. I did like Diaby as well.

I believe this was my low point as far as Podolski:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSYUG....be&hd=1&t=36s

And dont tell me he just stopped running and stood there in an effort to pull the defender away. He's just stood there or failed to make cutting runs several times. Anyway, i look forward to him and the rest of the team understanding each other better and moving better. I really would like to see some stats about meters ran during that game because I saw a lot of running from Cazorla and a lot of walking from other players. And like Arsene said, if you play that slow you're never going to break down a defending team. We had 70% possession, 23 shots, and only 3 on target. Thats one more than them. we need to up our game and our intensity.

4. Likes The Boy From School likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Indeed. We should up our tempo and intensity against teams like this, even if it means the sideway passes are a bit quicker, sharper. Stuff like that can unsettle teams. We look laboured a lot of the time - been that way for years in many games

I do think that when the team gels a bit more we can get a better idea of what to realistically expect

6. Likes The Boy From School, DINAMO788 likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Wenger himself said we needed to pass quicker..

edit: It's a shame that Song's transfer was used as a dig against Executives at Arsenal. Darren Dein..
    Last edited by Firefox; 08-20-2012 at 22:03.

Dedicated Member

9. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
    Wenger himself said we needed to pass quicker..

11. Likes The Boy From School likes this post
    Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    @liam_tomkins: Nuri Sahin deal takes another twist. Could Liverpool hijack Arsenal's hijacked bid after Arsenal hijacked Liverpool's hijack?

I bet neither of us get him lol. All this talk for nothing.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    It's because we want an option to buy but Real still have him in their long term plans.

14. Likes The Boy From School likes this post
    Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    I'm reading it's because you won't pay a large enough % of his wages. He makes 120k at Real apparently.

Master Sage
    AFCAMDEN said the deal is done.. so I think the deal is done. He has been reliable for years now and has broken the news on mostly everything early.

http://twitter.com/AFCAMDEN/status/237509269082218498

Same news by Darren who Henry Winter, BBC's Phil McNulty etc... follow. Not sure if Darren is reliable or why they follow him though.

http://twitter.com/DarrenArsenal1/st...93898644553728
    Last edited by Firefox; 08-21-2012 at 06:22.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by santinomarella View Post
    Ridiculous comment. Do you live your entire life based on stereotypes?

And it was Sir Alex that made Manchester United great again in the modern era not SKY.
    It's not a stereotype though is it? It's the truth. Most of you lot probably never knew what Man U were before 1999.

I have no intention of belittling what Ferguson has done for your club, you'd be nowhere without him, but he did **** all until Sky came in and made Man United their race horse. You owe that cretin Allan Sugar as much as you owe Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by yourmumsface17 View Post
    Bahahahaha! I knew you would mention this again! What a hero! We love you Cyn!
    You know it's true. Your other clueless fans can get all hormonal over what I say but I know that you know I'm just telling the truth

Also I can say whatever the **** I like in this thread. Your pet mod overstepped his bounds last time when I didn't break a single forum rule

Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Dude, you do chat some ****. Before Sky?!?!?! hahahaahahahaha!
    Talk of the devil.

Me talk **** huh? You're pretty much the archetypal Man U fan I take the piss out of. From south London and know absolutely nothing bout "your" club. Yet you spend most of your time whining as if being the most successful club of the last 20 years isn't enough for you. So Fergie is a **** and so are half your players eh? lol

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    It's not a stereotype though is it? It's the truth. Most of you lot probably never knew what Man U were before 1999.

I have no intention of belittling what Ferguson has done for your club, you'd be nowhere without him, but he did **** all until Sky came in and made Man United their race horse. You owe that cretin Allan Sugar as much as you owe Ferguson

You know it's true. Your other clueless fans can get all hormonal over what I say but I know that you know I'm just telling the truth

Also I can say whatever the **** I like in this thread. Your pet mod overstepped his bounds last time when I didn't break a single forum rule

Talk of the devil.

Me talk **** huh? You're pretty much the archetypal Man U fan I take the piss out of. From south London and know absolutely nothing bout "your" club. Yet you spend most of your time whining as if being the most successful club of the last 20 years isn't enough for you. So Fergie is a **** and so are half your players eh? lol
    Lol. OK dude! love you son!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    You love the attention more like

I see little Robin has started as he means to go on. Well in Perse

Master Sage
    Cyn, don't ever leave this thread.

21. Likes The Boy From School likes this post
    Master Poster
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioPlayStationManchester UnitedGoogle Chrome

Talk of the devil.

All of what you said can be applied to Arsenal as well, SKY's money helped a lot of clubs especially the bigger clubs like Arsenal. United have fans all over the world but Arsenal do too. Yeah United have fans who are only fans because of success but as you know Arsenal are very successful team too and will no doubt have fans who didn't know what Arsenal were before Wenger. Anything you've said about United also applies to Arsenal. You should be thanking Spurs fan Sugar just as much as Wenger then.

You criticise 3X for being from London yet there's an Arsenal fan in this thread who always backs up what you say is Canadian. It would be wrong to brand him as one of them fans who know little about Arsenal and is only a fan of Arsenal because of success. See what I mean about stereotypes?

Veteran
    Items Firefox LogoPS3 SlimUser name style

Talk of the devil.

You're such a hero Keep it coming mate. Atleast this transfer has made me consider you a rival again..slightly.. actually..neh..

Elite Guru
    This Sahin thing is turning into quite the little saga. Typical Arsenal

Ultimate Veteran
    Cyn, could you post sourced material of the Sky numbers for the first three years of the PL? Also I'd like the number of broadcasted games per team. I want to put them into a spreadsheet and have a go at them. Figure you have the numbers since you keep reffering to them. Thanks.
    Other opinions are available.

Master Sage
    Tut, you are taking things way to seriously as if you've never seen Cyn post on these forums. There is no doubt the big 5 including Arsenal benefited from BSkyB money and United's financial dominance during the 90's was far beyond anyone else and the tv deals played in tandem with success at the time but what does it matter now? If you are genuinely more interested in learning about the topic rather than countering a rant, I recommend The Economics of Football.

But since you are just going to demand all that from Cyn who is definitely not as serious as you about this, it doesn't seem like you are genuinely interested in the topic and more interested in countering his hilarious rant.

Now can we get back to a lighter note?
    Last edited by Firefox; 08-21-2012 at 23:12.

Veteran
    Items Firefox LogoPS3 SlimUser name style
    Tut, you are taking things way to seriously as if you've never seen Cyn post on these forums. There is no doubt the big 5 including Arsenal benefited from BSkyB money and United's financial dominance during the 90's was far beyond anyone else and the tv deals played in tandem with success at the time but what does it matter now? If you are genuinely more interested in learning about the topic rather than countering a rant, I recommend The Economics of Football.

But since you are just going to demand all that from Cyn who is definitely not as serious as you about this, it doesn't seem like you are genuinely interested in the topic and more interested in countering his hilarious rant.

Now can we get back to a lighter note?
    It's the truth. Most of you lot probably never knew what Man U were before 1999.
    our other clueless fans can get all hormonal over what I say but I know that you know I'm just telling the truth
    Me talk **** huh? You're pretty much the archetypal Man U fan I take the piss out of. From south London and know absolutely nothing bout "your" club. Yet you spend most of your time whining as if being the most successful club of the last 20 years isn't enough for you.
    ...Yes because these sound like jokes to me...

Master Sage
    Good punditry by Gary Neville for those who missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqgDAM5l9cM&hd=1

As well an analysis of Steve Bould's influence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkeafcT2BL0&hd=1

Last edited by Firefox; 08-22-2012 at 04:47.

29. Likes Nitey , Molo316 likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Good punditry by Gary Neville for those who missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqgDAM5l9cM&hd=1

As well an analysis of Steve Bould's influence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkeafcT2BL0&hd=1

Great videos!

When he was playing, I never thought I'd say this, but I love Gary Neville now. He seems so unbiased and often has a good word to say about Arsenal, unlike some other pundits. And since he is basically a defensive legend at one of the world's best football clubs, he knows what he's talking about.

And I had heard about that Steve Bould video, and seeing it is quite reassuring. I hope this sort of defensive work continues. It's made me re-evaluate my tactics in Football Manager

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Alex Song:

The truth behind Alex Song's departure from Arsenal #AFC
    Alex Song was sold by Arsenal, rather than him leaving being another player 'leaving'.

The problem's started last season, when Song became agitated about his contract situation and it started to affect his on-field performance. The management were furious with his lack of defensive discipline and laziness towards the end of last season, in particular after the loss of Mikel Arteta to injury. Song didn't jet off to his summer holidays on best terms with the Arsenal staff.

Pre-season began, and Song's Agent (Darren Dein) approached Arsenal for talks over improved terms for his client. Arsenal let Darren Dein know that Song had 3 years remaining and would only be willing to sit down with him once other situations had been sorted. After that, Song's attitude in training became a serious problem.

Song had always been a bit flashy and was sometimes late & slow, however he'd now become disruptive and was deemed to not be working hard enough, openly bragging about how much Barcelona want him to his teammates. This problem came to a head in Cologne, where Steve Bould, Arsene's new right-hand man, "almost had Alex Song by the throat for being lazy and not listening to instructions". Alex Song's Arsenal career was in the balance.

The tipping point for Arsenal was when they found out his Agent, Darren Dein, had been offering him around Europe to other clubs; Barcelona in particular. They believed Dein agreed a contract for Song with Barca to force their hand into giving him improved terms; however, it did quite the opposite with Arsenal being "disgusted" with this behvaiour. A few days after the First-Team had returned from Cologne, Alex Song was told he could leave.

After knocking down approaches earlier in the Summer, Arsenal let Barcelona know that Song was now available at the right price, and they were happy to negotiate. Barca came in, and a deal was wrapped up relatively quickly for two clubs who don't hold the best working relationship.

It was Arsenal's choice to sell Song, and although to the naked eye it seems he's gone on to better himself, the fact Arsenal have let him go with 3 years left for a fee they could have easily commanded next year, shows how they were happy to let him go and he was no longer part of their plans.
    http://sulia.com/channel/arsenal-fc/...source=twitter

I heard he was on 55K a week, which I would agree is kinda low for him. Esp when players like Arshavin are making 70k. Though I find his actions to be more unclassy than the majority of "traitors". Even Nasri played hard in his last game for Arsenal. Im just really glad that Darren Dein has no more clients at the club.
    Last edited by DINAMO788; 08-22-2012 at 18:06.

32. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Elite Guru
    +1 about Dein, that sleezy bastard.

Here's a cool video analysing Saturday's game against Sunderland. Pretty cool vid, already a subscriber to him so hope he does it often

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    This is excellent. Props to BostonGooners

35. Likes The Boy From School, Nitey likes this post

Thread Information