Latest PSU headlines:

Page 207 of 230 FirstFirst ... 197207217 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,175 of 5732

Thread: Arsenal Thread

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I hate international week(s). Two weeks without my precious Arsenal and I realised that I'm going to miss the Man City (23 sept) and Coventry City (26th Sept) games due to a family holiday. We're back on Saturday 29th when we play Chelsea at home but it's an early game and idk what time we're back, so will most likely end up missing that too

Yeah, I hate missing games

Last edited by Nitey; 09-06-2012 at 18:51.

2. Likes The Boy From School wishes they had posted this first.
    Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    For those of you who listened to the Tuesday Club this week http://thetuesdayclub.libsyn.com/web...telescopic-leg

I really agree with Alan Davies on the whole RVP thing and also on Giroud (although im more optimistic than he is). It is weird we chose a striker like him. He always had fast strikers who can break out or take players on.

Elite Guru
    I don't listen to that mate but it seems interesting enough, so may give it a listen

5. Likes DINAMO788 wishes they had posted this first.
    Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    I think Giroud will do fine. He just needs a goal. He makes intelligent runs and gives an extra dimension to the team. It would be nice if we had anyone who could cross the ball. It's true that he doesn't seem to possess any kind of pace but he will be spending most of his time with his back to goal anyway and we have other quick players for counter attacks. Think how often over the years we have played nice football until we get to the box where it breaks down because there's nobody to occupy the CB's, well now we have that person. As much as I hate Adebayor we were never the same after he left so Giroud is his replacement, albeit belatedly.

Who's idea was it to have the sodding international break less than 3 weeks into the season anyway? And there's another even more pointless one next month

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I think Giroud will do fine. He just needs a goal. He makes intelligent runs and gives an extra dimension to the team. It would be nice if we had anyone who could cross the ball. It's true that he doesn't seem to possess any kind of pace but he will be spending most of his time with his back to goal anyway and we have other quick players for counter attacks. Think how often over the years we have played nice football until we get to the box where it breaks down because there's nobody to occupy the CB's, well now we have that person. As much as I hate Adebayor we were never the same after he left so Giroud is his replacement, albeit belatedly.

Who's idea was it to have the sodding international break less than 3 weeks into the season anyway? And there's another even more pointless one next month
    Seriously? theres another Intl break in October? eff you're right. Yet we get caught with 5 games in 14 days (second half of september). In that time we have to go to france and back, then play City away and finish off against chelsea.

I think Giroud is really interesting because I think he's a pretty big contrast from our usual quick/pacey style. So im interested in seeing the combination options. I dont think he's like Adebayor (or at least i dont see it yet), but I do think he can be very interesting if he can settle into the right role.
    Additionally, Arshavin has rejected a move to moscow and wants to stay. I think the prospect of him playing with Cazorla can be very fun and creative (dont take it seriously, im just talking fantasy). I think in certain games we can even play a 4-6-0. But I also like having the option of a target man (Giroud) and quick wingers out wide. I must say, it is pretty cool having the personell to even allow us to think up all these combination options ^_^

Veteran
    Yeah it's stupid. We had 8 days between Sunderland and Stoke, could have easily had a mid-week game then to alleviate the congestion in a couple weeks but nope. The schedulers make some daft decisions, like having the Chelsea v Newcastle game only 2 days after Newcastle's game in europe, when they could have played on the sunday and our game vs Stoke at 5pm Saturday.

I can hardly believe we are trying to flog Arshavin for free. Lazy and demotivated he may be, but I say he is still worth having around. We still have very little creativity in the squad and he's one of the most creative, even off form. I would stop playing him on the wing at all and use him as direct back-up for Cazorla, in his proper position. Then we may find he's slightly more motivated to run around a bit.

Elite Guru
    It's a shame that he's been used so infrequently in his favoured position. Last year when we were begging for creativity in the middle while persisiting with an off-form Ramsey is when we could have really used him. Fortunately Rosicky came back from injury in the form he did because we weren't looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I think Giroud will do fine. He just needs a goal. He makes intelligent runs and gives an extra dimension to the team. It would be nice if we had anyone who could cross the ball. It's true that he doesn't seem to possess any kind of pace but he will be spending most of his time with his back to goal anyway and we have other quick players for counter attacks.
    Agree with everything you say. I'm excited by what Giroud can bring to the team as we continually gel as an attacking force. We haven't had a stinker in our 3 opening games and as long as we stay solid enough at the back I'm certain the goals will come from him. Either Giroud scoring himself or him making intelligent runs where by other attackers can run into and take advantage - like our opening goal at Anfield

He reminds me a little of Mario Gomez. Say what you want about him but despite his lack of pace, he does very well with his back to goal, makes great runs and scores a ton of goals. We just need to get our man scoring a few

Interesting stat:
    Ian Wright, Dennis Bergkamp and Thierry Henry all scored their first league goal against Southampton. He's probably not going to score now

Apprentice
    Haha you definitely jinxed that! I think we just need to keep Steve Bould improving our defense its been a while since we were complaining about the defenders. Not having enough goals seems like a good problem in comparison

S. Vettel challenges on GT5- 3 Golds, all using DS3
    I think that makes me the best DS3 user on GT5 in the whole PSU, but I'm open to challenges

Veteran
    Just like it's too early too write off Giroud, it's too early to say our defence has turned a corner for me. Yes there are some encouraging signs but we are 3 games in and only one of the teams we have played so far this season had any attacking intent at all.

We have had periods in the past where the defence has looked solid for 5 or 6 games on the trot then collapsed. If we are defending well in March/April then I'll be praying at the altar of Bould and praising Wenger for finally delegating the defensive side of the game to somebody competent.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Just to say, any fans based in London who want to go to a match, tickets for the Capital One Cup match against Coventry City on September 26th have gone on General Sale about two hours ago. They're 10 each again!

I just booked mine but had a bit of a ****-up. When I got to the very last stage it would not confirm my purchase, so I had to phone them up and book them that way - just to warn any potential match goers.

Enjoy.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/dieyuppies***/Ellen_YayEllen.jpg[/IMG]

You Tube - Your questions answered...
    @Stone737_ (On Twitter)

13. Likes Nitey wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Guru

Enjoy. One of the best we've ever had
    I miss Highbury :<

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Very impressed by Gervinho. i'm sure walcott is looking at him with great envy.

and Grrrrr SZCZ! you fouled up our streak mate!!!! still, better he shake off the rust this game than a closer one.

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Surprised we're up 4-0.. everything has been going our way the first half. The goal we gave away was poor.. wake up call for Szczesny.. I still wish we would have signed Lloris (and Vertonghen ) but what can you do.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
    Surprised we're up 4-0.. everything has been going our way the first half. The goal we gave away was poor.. wake up call for Szczesny.. I still wish we would have signed Lloris (and Vertonghen ) but what can you do.
    SZCZ is so bad with his feet and passing. wtf.
    Also, you'd prefer lloris over SZCZ as our keeper for the future?

great set up by ramsey but LOL it's like he terrified to use his left foot.

Elite Guru
    Chesney just needs a little time. Had a rough game with Poland in the week and got sent off there and didn't feature in the last two Arsenal games. His distrubition has always been lacking though and that came through today unfortunately

But daaaaaaaaaaaamn, that was satisfying. What an amazing team performance. Feels like a while since I was so satisfied after an Arsenal team performance, especially at the Emirates. Gervinho is an absolute monster in that position - the speed at which he goes from standing to sprinting is incredible at times. That's where he beats his man and I'd hate to defend against that in and around the box. Good move by Wenger to play him there

Cazorla and Podolski may just be the best two players Arsene has signed in a long time. The chemistry between them at times reminded me of Henry and Bergkamp. The way they were passing back and forth on the edge of the box was a joy. Won't get away with that against the tough defenses but it goes a long way

Everyone looks like theyre enjoying it and willing to put the work in, which is refreshing. Idk how else to describe it but yes, the team spirit seems to be high especially with everything clicking

Gibbs and Jenkinson getting better with every game and our only goal conceded this year has been a GK error. I'll take that. Defence looked top notch again

and we played without Diaby. Bench looked strong and Jack/Rosicky/Sagna all back soon. Our best defender Koscielny hasn't even had a game this season

Very comforting to see us put ourselvs in a good position so early in the season. Next two games are going to be extremely tough especially as City dropped 2 today but we couldn't be in a better condition going into that game. Although, our performance usually drops in the folloiwng league game when we play midweek CL fixtures, but we'll see what happens

I won't read too much into Giroud but I think Wenger could have put him on a little sooner but that's alright. He's bound to start against Montpellier on Tuesday. I thought Walcott could have played him in at one point but it wasn't to be. I liked how Cazorla was trying constantly to get the ball through to Giroud . Santi is amazing

tl;dr -
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsene Wenger
    When you love football you love to watch players like Santi Cazorla.
    Last edited by Nitey; 09-15-2012 at 18:00.

19. Likes The Boy From School wishes they had posted this first.
    Dedicated Member

Elite Guru
    Lmao he's going Super Saiyan!

--

More

Oh Santiiii

22. Likes Firefox wishes they had posted this first.
    Veteran
    Caz is sick. Fully understand why they say he has soft feet, he's ridiculous. He wasn't even fully on his game today which is understandable after all the travelling but was still the best player on the pitch

Great result today, 6 goals kinda flatters us a little with the own goals too or maybe I'm just used to us converting so few of our chances that we usually have over 30 if we score more than 5. Loving the interplay between Cazorla and Podolski. For the first time in 2 years we are starting to play some good stuff again

24. Likes The Boy From School wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Guru
    Have to pinch myself whenever watching Santi. Can't believe we got this guy for as cheap as we did!

Master Sage
    Highlights of yesterday's match.

Last edited by Firefox; 09-16-2012 at 17:56.

27. Likes Nitey , The Boy From School wishes they had posted this first.
    Master Sage

29. Likes Nitey , The Boy From School wishes they had posted this first.
    Dedicated Member
    Where does Pires live?

Elite Guru
    That Pires/Santi picture makes me feel so warm. Lol

I'd imagine Pires has an apartment in North London somewhere. I think he's trained with the Arsenal squad on and off for a while, and he was just chilling in one of those Djourou videos on Arsenal player re-introducing Henry when he came back for that loan deal.

The word legend is so over-used, particularly in football, but it describes Pires pretty damn well

Veteran
    Bobby P bought one of the Highbury flats. I don't know if he's currently living there but you'd imagine so?

Would love to have one of those....

Master Sage

34. Likes The Boy From School wishes they had posted this first.

Thread Information