Latest PSU headlines:

Page 209 of 230 FirstFirst ... 199209219 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,225 of 5732

Thread: Arsenal Thread

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Firefox, is the Corporal moniker just from the Tuesday club, or is there something else behind it. Like, is he aware people sometimes call him Corporal Jenkinson. I for one would be thrilled. It sounds so damn good on him. Though you'd think he'd have better self defense training to defend against a jumping tackle from behind.

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
    I'm guessing the draw hurts for you.
    Nope. You are improved and are quite a force so far. City are just really off the boil at the moment. We will turn good soon though.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    There were two streakers on the pitch tonight. The security couldn't catch them

The first half was quite iffy, but they certainly picked up in the second with quite a lot of attacking runs.

Walcott's finish for his second was fantastic, but Ox's goal was brilliant!

Good solid win in the end.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    one of them (he was wearing boxers and socks) jumped on before Giroud missed the penalty.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by DINAMO788 View Post
    one of them (he was wearing boxers and socks) jumped on before Giroud missed the penalty.
    Aye, that's right! One of them only got caught because he slipped

When Walcott went around the pitch at the end applauding all the fans, I just couldn't help but think that he was trying to rebuild potentially broken bridges as he might end up staying at the club.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Molo316 View Post
    Aye, that's right! One of them only got caught because he slipped

When Walcott went around the pitch at the end applauding all the fans, I just couldn't help but think that he was trying to rebuild potentially broken bridges as he might end up staying at the club.
    I really want to kick the ass of all those fans who boo walcott. Do they really want him to leave that badly? Do they really think the team would be better off without him? Think what you want about his skill, but walcott is a good lad who has ambition (which is good) and doesnt deserve abuse from Arsenal supporters.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    The main thing that bugged me was that if he was wanting 100K a week, I don't think he's worth it. If players wages are based on their abilities and such then I'd say that Chamberlain should be near Walcott's wage bill as I think he is already better than Theo was at his [Ox's] age.

Having said this though, I have been saying to my peers for ages that I feel Walcott should be given a go up front. His finishing is quite brilliant and who knows, maybe he could become as great as Thierry Henry, in terms of finishing and so on as a striker.
    Remember our Carling Cup final against Chelsea, when he was a youth player? He played up front and he scored a brilliant goal, especially at his age then.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Molo316 View Post
    The main thing that bugged me was that if he was wanting 100K a week, I don't think he's worth it. If players wages are based on their abilities and such then I'd say that Chamberlain should be near Walcott's wage bill as I think he is already better than Theo was at his [Ox's] age.

Having said this though, I have been saying to my peers for ages that I feel Walcott should be given a go up front. His finishing is quite brilliant and who knows, maybe he could become as great as Thierry Henry, in terms of finishing and so on as a striker.
    Remember our Carling Cup final against Chelsea, when he was a youth player? He played up front and he scored a brilliant goal, especially at his age then.
    I agree with you on everything. I dont think he's currently worth 100k. But I do want him to stay and am keen on seeing what he can do up front. I just worry that even though he had showed good finishing against Coventry City, he still doesn't have enough games in, and is probably a bit rusty so he would need time to adjust. With all the competition we have, he doesn't have that luxury.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by DINAMO788 View Post
    I agree with you on everything. I dont think he's currently worth 100k. But I do want him to stay and am keen on seeing what he can do up front. I just worry that even though he had showed good finishing against Coventry City, he still doesn't have enough games in, and is probably a bit rusty so he would need time to adjust. With all the competition we have, he doesn't have that luxury.
    I agree that so far this season he hasn't had much time and he isn't probably not as sharp as he can be. He's literally only played in what, three games or so, and two of those were sub appearances. But in terms of finishing I think he's been showing that since last season, or even the one before that. When he's cut in from the wing he's nicely tucked the ball away in the far opposite corner of the net. And that second goal against Coventry the other night was a beaut!

Apprentice
    Nothing about yesterday yet? I'll start the depressing posts then

All the praise we've been giving the defence they let us down twice from set pieces in a soft manor. In all fairness, their second goal was just one of those; when its put in to that dangerous area curling in towards the back post nobody knows what to do. But when in doubt, get the ball out!
    One more thing, I know Gervinho scored a decent goal but my word he frustrates me so much! The opportunities he gets to put the ball in the box and tries to run in instead are too often to remember. He should be playing a CF before Theo since Gervinho wastes more chances than he creates.
    All in all that was just a pathetically annoying result and we shouldn't have lost!

S. Vettel challenges on GT5- 3 Golds, all using DS3
    I think that makes me the best DS3 user on GT5 in the whole PSU, but I'm open to challenges

11. Likes The Boy From School likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    We were dreadful. Don't want to think about it let alone talk about it Gave them both goals on a silver platter, same old Arsenal.

Chelsea don't even look good. This was a game we should have been winning and we threw it away. Change the record, Arsene

13. Likes The Boy From School likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    The good thing is that these are simple fixes. The poor marking after the substitution was just an early season mistake that i hope will be sorted out. Koscielny I still dont think is in game form. And we created some good chances that we again failed to capitalize on. Cazorla had some great chances and Cech did make some very good saves. Chelsea were simply lucky with their goals and we were unlucky with our misses. Also, Giroud . I dont blame him for taking a touch outside, but he's got to get the ball on target. He's missing all these hero moments.

15. Likes The Boy From School likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    I am like Cyn.. I really don't want to talk about it.. it was a game we should have won. Can't believe that toothless Chelsea side is top of the league and that we couldn't win it.

And Dinamo how come you still have the American avatar (I think I remember you liking the politics threads).. about time you make it Arsenal related.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh_G0DjprFI

Last edited by Firefox; 10-01-2012 at 23:42.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    I am like Cyn.. I really don't want to talk about it.. it was a game we should have won. Can't believe that toothless Chelsea side is top of the league and that we couldn't win it.

And Dinamo how come you still have the American avatar (I think I remember you liking the politics threads).. about time you make it Arsenal related.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh_G0DjprFI

lol, old habits die hard. I guess I should change it when Jack comes back for his first game. I did buy the Arsenal Badge though.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Ljunbeeeeeeeeeeeerg!

Looks like Jacks comeback was decent. Looking forward to his 1st team return. Diaby is out for a little bit so maybe we'll see him sooner rather than later? I'd prefer he continued to play the under-21 league games or reserve games to get back to full fitness though

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Im so glad that Chelsea won, reading this threads and all this invented excuses about losing is just hilarious. Chelsea deserved the win and thats also the reason why they won. You can cry more and invent even more excuses but Chelsea is still the winner of the match and Arsenal the loser.

@Firefox

So you laughed about Fernando Torres? He scored in that game a great goal so jokes on you loser.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Im so glad that Chelsea won, reading this threads and all this invented excuses about losing is just hilarious. Chelsea deserved the win and thats also the reason why they won. You can cry more and invent even more excuses but Chelsea is still the winner of the match and Arsenal the loser.

@Firefox

So you laughed about Fernando Torres? He scored in that game a great goal so jokes on you loser.
    lol. weird how people can win and still be butt hurt

21. Likes The Boy From School, Nitey likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Chelsea deserved the win and thats also the reason why they won.
    Okay, so you don't know much about football. No wonder you don't show yourself in this section much (thankfully).

@Dinamo - True, but whatever - he's just a kid.

And so is Jenkinson, but dayum, he is looking like a beast. So pleased to see him putting in these kind of performances, and on a consistent basis too. He's got some decent pace, which I didn't think he had. Looks comfortable out there now

Overall a great result, and a decent performance in patches. Kos looks out of form, or just nervous. Not sure which one, but I hope it's eradicated soon. It's a shame Per was ill today cos with him I think we'd have looked more assured when they had possession

Gervinho being a pest and threat whenever he had the ball, must be a headache to defend against. Another goal + assist

Anyone catch some of the skills Santi was showing tonight? He was on absolute fire when they were tight on him

Thought Giroud did well and Ramsey's goal was sublime.

But yeah, our performance was patchy. Must have been a bit drained from having to deal with the mighty Fernando Torres and co on the weekend but Schalke conceding late means we sit pretty on the top. I don't see us losing to them in the next game where we'll be at the Emirates too.

23. Likes The Boy From School likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    people are down on the performance but I think we've shown real growth, as last year we had a lot of trouble breaking down tough defensive teams. Our tenacity payed off and I liked our spirit. I agree, Gervinho, Jenkinson, and Gibbs were all superior today.

Vermaelen needs to step it up though.

25. Likes The Boy From School likes this post
    Master Sage
    Why are you laughing, you think its funny ? Chelsea raped your Arsenal 2-1 and Torres scored an incredible goal. So jokes on you loser.

@Firefox

Who is this guy? He seriously believes Chelsea had that good of a performance that they r***** us?

Fernando Torres is beast .. his scoring record at Chelsea proves it! You were deluding yourself when you made that statement and I'll still laugh. He was once good but he's been **** for years now.. and still is far below his prime. 50 million dollars spent on a player well past his prime and your Gazprom oil deals making a mockery of FFP (Financial Fair Play will make no difference)

Did you just start watching football seriously last week or something? Your banter is poor and the fact that you think Torres is a "beast" shows all you know about the game.

Chelsea fans are some of the worst.. go stick to your own thread and call people losers somewhere else.
    Last edited by Firefox; 10-04-2012 at 10:57.

27. Likes The Boy From School likes this post
    PSU Reviews Editor, Hit Series Creator
    PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    I have to say I'm happy Podolski is able to score in a different shirt than Germany now. How is sucked so badly with Bayern, but can light it up at whim it seems with Arsenal is beyond me.

Elite Guru
    Did you just start watching football seriously last week or something? Your banter is poor and the fact that you think Torres is a "beast" shows all you know about the game.

Chelsea fans are some of the worst.. go stick to your own thread and call people losers somewhere else.
    I'm fairly sure he did

30. Likes The Boy From School likes this post
    Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    posts in Chelsea thread

realizes nobody gives a **** about the Chelsea thread

repeats himself in Arsenal thread

32. Likes Nitey , The Boy From School likes this post
    Master Sage
    Last edited by Firefox; 10-05-2012 at 04:37.

34. Likes Nitey , The Boy From School likes this post
    Dedicated Member

36. Likes Nitey likes this post

Thread Information