Page 211 of 230 FirstFirst ... 201211221 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,275 of 5732

Thread: Arsenal Thread

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    It's pathetic isn't it. The Arseblog article regarding it is spot on:

http://news.arseblog.com/2012/10/bar...deluded-twonk/

They are so far up their own ass.

Apparently Wilshere will be in the squad tomorrow, his agent mentioned it on twitter or something. If we're winning comfortably (fingers crossed) in the 2nd half it'll be a great time to give him some casual minutes I guess.
    Feels like ages without Arsenal , can't wait

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    im ****ing disgusted. Cazorla's worst game of the year. Just terrible team football. Especially after seeing the way chelsea played today. we're a mile behind.

Dedicated Member
    You know it's bad when Arshavin and some 17 year old I've never heard of are your only options off the bench.

I know it's early but seeing Wilshere on the bench, I really was expecting him to get some minutes.

Gervinho and Ramsey continue to frustrate the hell out of me.

The lack of scoring opportunities was pathetic.

Credit to Norwich City. They played hard.

Elite Guru
    Same here, Gervinho and Ramsey were just passangers in a team that, to be fair, were all playing ****. I think only Arteta and Jenks can hold their heads up to any respectable level.

We looked tired, sluggish, void of ideas and just generally unmotivated. It's typical of recent-Arsenal to give fans some sort of hope with a string of decent results to then go some place like Norwich (a team that had no wins all season, a team that ****ing Liverpool demolished lol) and lose so convincingly. I can't even remember their keeper at any stage being busy

Wenger just got it wrong. I don't think Gerv should be playing on the right and Ramsey is just way too inconsistent to be a first teamer at this level. But then again, who else could we have played :/

Definitely the worst performance of the season by a landslide, and one of the worst games I've had the misfortune of watching for a while.

I suppose you can say all the 'big' teams have that one or two games in a season where they just don't show up, and this was ours. I honestly hope that's the case but with the injuries we now have and tough game against Schalke on Wednesday and our historically poor performances in the month of November, I think that this may just be the beginning ;/

Could of been 4th had we won. But yeah, creidt to Norwich they played right through us at times. Their goal was fortunate but **** happens
    Last edited by Nitey; 10-20-2012 at 21:45.

Elite Guru
    QPR at home next. We've been unconvincing at home this season and QPR are without a win....

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    QPR at home next. We've been unconvincing at home this season and QPR are without a win....

Exactly. That'll be another great kick in the teeth if the same thing happens.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/dieyuppies***/Ellen_YayEllen.jpg[/IMG]

You Tube - Your questions answered...
    @Stone737_ (On Twitter)

Elite Guru
    Since they beat us at their ground last year and are in desperate need for a win, this is gonna be one hell of a hard game.

Tonight is also going to be tough. Schalke are a good team, much better than what we've faced in Montpellier and Olympiakos so far.

I think Santi need a rest big time but the games aren't letting up and we evidently need him badly. We could play Arshavin in the midfield free role but we know Wenger will never do that. Santi needs to be handled properly as we all know if we are to have a good season much depends on him. If only Del Bosque didn't play him in both of Spains games on the international break -_-

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Was so bad against Norwich, can only get better. I hope.

Schalke are a very good side with players that can hurt us. Farfan, Afellay, Holtby are all dangerous players, obviously Huntelaar is a goal machine when on form and that young lad Draxler looks a big talent. Plus with 3 proper CB's in Howedes, Matip and that greek fella, we won't get any easy goals off them.

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    With Simon Lilley as the new head of Retail Operations for Arsenal.. we just might be moving to Adidas kits in a year or two.

Good news if it happens imo as long as the kits are modelled to resemble our old Adidas kits.

Elite Guru
    That would be cool . Although I find the Adidas kits of late nearly all look the same, but an Arsenal twist would sure look good on it.

1h45 to kickoff. I hope we start with a high tempo. I swear it seems that if we start a little off the pace we usually end up playing the entire game that way - it's really weird, we can't pick it up often enough when the situation demands.

Anyways, I'm sure Wenger's been in the ears of all the players after the nightmare on the weekend.

Good to see you and Cyn posting in here again btw .

Dedicated Member

So pumped for today's game.

12. Likes Nitey wishes they had posted this first.
    Veteran
    Another insipid performance. Truly woeful stuff

The longer Wenger has to work with team, the worse it looks. It's been this way for many years now. It's like he sucks all the spark, all the individual quality out of the players so we are only left with 11 sideways passing muppets who can't defend.

Sooner or later he has to fall on his sword

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Very disappointing indeed.

Like Winterburn said on the Sky Sports show, they couldn't create any chances. While watching I just thought that they couldn't get anything going and were completely lackluster in the final third of the pitch.
    And defensively, Mannone has really dropped from when he first took (the injured) Szscezny's place in the team, and the defence itself, apart from maybe Mertesacker tonight, was pretty poor too.

I'm glad that Gervinho got caught diving - what a plonker!
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/dieyuppies***/Ellen_YayEllen.jpg[/IMG]

You Tube - Your questions answered...
    @Stone737_ (On Twitter)

Dedicated Member
    Schalke is a great team but I wasn't expecting them to outplay us.

Like Molo mentioned, the lack of creating scoring chances is really hurting this team.

It costs us against Norwich.

I don't think I cant tolerate Gervinho and Ramsey anymore.

How long before Diaby and Rosicky are back?

Elite Guru
    ****ing ****. Two of the worst games I've seen us play in forever just so happen to be back to back? Typical

We havne't got RvP to bail us out this year and we're in desperate need of something inspired. We lack options upfront - I was glad Gervinho got a go up top but I'm losing patience with him, and I have to say I've completely lost patience with Ramsey; He needs to go, fullstop. I'm not saying he was the worst offender tonight, they were all **** (bar Mert) but this kid just doesn't have anything about him. I'd rather we played with 10 men. But it's alright, let Wenger give him 100 games like he gave Denilson before finally getting rid, and in the process have the team suffer

We miss direct play, and the direct players we do have in Podolski aren't used to their maximum. He put in some good crosses today, again, but no one on the end of them, again.

I feel we need a shake up in the system, we don't have the personnel to play like this. Then again, I don't know if it's that or if it's the energy sucked out of the team which Cyn is aluding to.

Old Trafford next week and we're in for a gangbang if we don't wake up. Depressing stuff!

And finally, we look slow as ****. Boring, and it's not just the past two games. It's just more visible when we fail to win, obviously. At least when we had a choker team like:

-------Adebayour
    ----Van Persie
    Rosicky - Flamini - Cesc - Hleb
    Clichy - Gallas - Toure - Sagna

- We still played sexy football
    Last edited by Nitey; 10-24-2012 at 23:40.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    I agree with the critiques. Give me your own thoughts, but what I think the problem is that we do not move enough to support each other, and when we do move it is too slow. Also, we have no other tactics when things dont work. Too many times we had players holding the ball without any passing options. We need other plans though, because sideways and backwards passing doesnt do anything. We can try overloading one side. We can try the target man approach with wide men who stay wide. We can trying using our the skill of certain craft individual players to get the defense to move around. But what we cant do is the same old **** we've been doing.

Also, I think Steve Bould was a terrible manager this game. Anyone with half a brain could see that we needed a change up. Could see that Ramsey was useless today (I still think he can be great), and he shouldve been subbed out early. Instead, he makes changes in like the 80+ minute, and instead of taking out Ramsey, he takes out Jenkinson??? (thanks for that second goal, bould). Awful management.

After hearing how disappointed the team was after the Norwich loss, to come out and give this type of display. Inexcusable. Arsene better do something and quick.

Veteran
    Schakle exploited a glaring weakness in our team that everyone could see was a problem after about 2 minutes. Santos was murdered all night and we as a team didn't have the intelligence to protect him properly nor was he taken off at half time. Complete mismanagement.

Couple that with Wenger's insistence that playing as many players out of position as he can is the way forward and you aren't going to get anywhere. Playing Podolski out wide whilst Worf stumbles around up front doing absolutely nothing?. I feel sorry for our new players. Giroud is being undermined constantly, Cazorla has nobody to play with and Podolski has had less than 10 scoring opportunities since he joined the club. You know what he must be thinking? "I had more shots at Cologne and they got relegated!" Nobody passes to him in the box. We have a team of imbeciles.

Quote Originally Posted by The Boy From School View Post
    How long before Diaby and Rosicky are back?
    Diaby is far worse than Ramsey and Rosicky is hardly the answer. He was alright last season and that's the end of it. Should have sold him in the summer, at 30 years old he was never going to be over his injuries.

Simple fact is we just don't have enough quality in the squad, even with everyone fit. Far too much chaff especially in midfield. Why the **** didn't we go for Dembele? or Junior Hoilett? This is still annoying me and probably always will.

Quote Originally Posted by DINAMO788 View Post
    Also, I think Steve Bould was a terrible manager this game. Anyone with half a brain could see that we needed a change up. Could see that Ramsey was useless today (I still think he can be great), and he shouldve been subbed out early. Instead, he makes changes in like the 80+ minute, and instead of taking out Ramsey, he takes out Jenkinson??? (thanks for that second goal, bould). Awful management.
    Bould is not the manager. Direct your wrath at the myopic one. Le dictator extraordinaire. Just because he wasn't on the bench last night doesn't mean he wasn't in control. He gives express instructions for any and all scenarios and I guarantee none of them involve taking players off before the 65th minute.

Elite Guru
    Paints a rather bleak picture of present Arsenal. We have the same issues we've always had and the teams gotten worse as our 'rivals' have continued to progress. Wenger stated today that CL quali (4th) is more important than FA/Carling Cup, and I would agree. But it's not something I want to be hearing in ****ing October.

I agree about our new signings scratching their heads thinking wtf. Caz must regret leaving Malaga in a way, even though much of it was probably out of his hands due to their financials. Don't mean to rub anyone the wrong way by saying that, but when we are bad on the pitch, we are absolutely shocking.

Like Dinamo said about other plans or ways of attacking that our rivals implement well, we always fail at. If plan A doesn't work we have no alternatives - our alternative has usually been the luxury of being carried by one players outrageous form. Whether it be RvP last season, Nasri's 3 month invincible patch the season before or Cesc playing as the best MF in the league during his last few years. That continues while we have players that aren't good enough wearing the red shirt and it's just a blatent cycle that will go on, sadly

Probably comes off as a knee-jerk reaction from the game. But **** it. Souness was laughing on Sky Sports last night after hearing Bould excuse our peformance on the grounds of the players being jaded and tired. Well jeez, our (quiet) fans pay 45~ to go watch this team perform and after the horrible showing at Norwich how the **** does management send them out without fire in their belly, or without a point to prove? Our weekend game against QPR is a must win in every sense. We need to destroy them if we're to be taken seriously

We allowed Schalke to look like the home team and that just hurts
    Last edited by Nitey; 10-25-2012 at 15:31.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    I disagree with a lot of that Cyn. Firstly in regard to Bould, sure Wenger and him talked about what to do in certain scenarios, but you cant account for everything and if you are the one at the helm for the game, you need to make decisions. It was his perogative and he failed to step up. Regardless of plan, Ramsey had to get taken off. He was giving too many errant passes and just hurting our game, not helping. And it was inevitable that we would get broken, or at least not produce any goal short of some howler. Bould was the one in control, he is the one at fault.

Secondly, if you think that Diaby is far worse than Ramsey, you obviously aren't watching him objectively. Diaby is a total first pick over Ramsey. He is more creative, a better passer, a much better defender, and is more likely to make things happen.

Also, I dont think Width was the problem. We had our fullbacks and wingers (bar ramsey floating whereever) out by the lines, but that only kept our sideways passing game flowing. I think movement is the bigger problem.
    And playing wide for podolski isnt anything new. Thats where he played for Germany and many people believe it is his best position. I still think he's one of our best wide forwards, BY FAR our best crosser, and he also hustles back on defense.

This loss didnt come down to poor individuals, it came down to a poor team. though poor individuals and management didnt help.

Veteran
    I am quite sure they would have gone over things like substitutions and what to do if they go a goal behind. These are basic things. If Wenger hadn't told him what to do in such situations (which he did) then that just makes him look an even worse manager.

Quote Originally Posted by DINAMO788 View Post
    Secondly, if you think that Diaby is far worse than Ramsey, you obviously aren't watching him objectively. Diaby is a total first pick over Ramsey. He is more creative, a better passer, a much better defender, and is more likely to make things happen.
    Boring retort I've heard so many times before. See I can just say, well if you think Diaby is better than Ramsey... then you're obviously not objective.

More creative? Nope. Statistically he's less creative and that's the way it looks on the pitch too. Neither do very much that helps the team either going forward or defending.

Better passer? No. They are both poor passers for a possession team like ours but at least when Ramsey loses the ball he's trying to make something happen. Diaby just gives it away for fun

lol better defender, Diaby is a liability in our half.

He doesn't make anything happen. The only thing Abou Diaby is good at is running with the ball at his feet. He's a good dribbler for a big fella but he often tries to beat too many and then loses it. So his only asset is also quite often another negative.

I don't like it when people talk up the players who happen to be injured. It's too easy. Most of our players are sub standard, if the roles were revered and the injured ones were in the team instead of Ramsey, Mannone, whoever, we'd still be doing rubbish.

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    We were ****e.. that match was just depressing.. Gervinho was terrible and I have lost faith in him.. I still have faith in Ramsey in a deep midfield role.. and we need Giroud to play more and another world class striker in January, and a CDM in the summer.

On to good news!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...th-Adidas.html

Arsenal set to sign 25 million shirt deal with Adidas

Arsenal are on the verge of signing a 25 million-a-year kit deal with Adidas, Telegraph Sport can reveal.

read the rest at: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...h-Adidas.html#

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
    and we need Giroud to play more and another world class striker in January, and a CDM in the summer.

On to good news!
    We need "A" world class striker. because, you know, we sold our last one.

Veteran
    Great, back to having stripes on the sleeves If it wasn't for those I wouldn't care because design-wise both Nike and Adidas are as bad as each other. I really dislike the tight around the neck/chest, weird stitched designs Chelsea tend to get though. Liverpool too before they switched.

But if Nike aren't willing to pay us the going rate, they can feck off. Like Emirates they have taken us for a ride. Paying us a pittance whilst shelling out enormous contracts to Man U and Barcelona.

25. Likes Nitey wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Guru
    Indeed, the Emirates deal is a ****ing mockery.

Cool if the Adidas rumour turns out to be true. Will be a nice change actually. Hopefuly we can put our twist on it because the majority of Adidas sponsored teams look the same imo

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Any estimation of what the new Emirates deal is going to be worth? Based on what I hear, this new Adidas deal (if done) will add17M a year. plus the extra rev from new emirates deal, we're probably going to be looking at an extra 30M a year...Yet we needed the money by selling RVP.

Thread Information