Page 212 of 230 FirstFirst ... 202212222 ... LastLast
Results 5,276 to 5,300 of 5732

Thread: Arsenal Thread

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Completely unconvincing win.
    Having watched the full game I wasn't really impressed at all. If I am to speak as a mindless fan who just wants entertainment, Arsenal were not entertaining at all, and I'm only saying that since we're usually classed as a beautiful team to watch play football.
    They had spells of keeping possession, but just like the other night, in the final third they couldn't creating chances and shots and so on seemed less than half-hearted.
    And the goal itself was really scrappy, and there's talk that Arteta was offside. I have to say that I think it was, although I didn't look to see if there was a QPR defender playing him onside on the far side (I sound like Wenger there).
    On the plus side, Wilshere played well for his first game back. He was actually weaving through the opposition quite well and didn't do bad at all.

Apparently Gazidis was supposed to make a presentation at half-time but opted out of it.

Anyway, I hate to sound like a fan who only sings when we're winning, or in this case playing well, but to be classed as one of the "top" teams in England at the moment isn't true in my opinion. The players seem like they can't be bothered with what they're doing and that doesn't inspire any confidence at all.

Dedicated Member

Agreed Molo.

If Gervinho didn't get injured, we probably would've walked away with only 1 point.

We need to attack more through the middle because we're too damn predictable on the wings.

This is where I feel Rosicky and Diaby can contribute and having depth is always nice.

Jack looked good.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I'm so glad Jack played as well as he did, much of it must have been adrenaline because as he said in his post match interview he was just so glad to be back. Nevertheless he just has that fluency and elegence in his general play that I've missed seeing in Arsenal's midfield. He reminded me a lot of Fabregas the way he played yesterday and you can tell he's put in that good work at the gym cos he looks in great condition.

Anyway poor performance overall but we did dominate the game. Just couldnt get the goal convincingly, which tends to happen when youre low on confidence and coming off the back of disgraceful performances. Just needed the points though, and we got um.

I watched this game at my Grandparents house with most of my family also present, it was a great buzz. I was actually born in that house and it's located 5 minutes drive away from the Emirates stadium. 1-0 to the Arsenal

4. Likes Sleepy likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Jack looked to be the only dynamic presence, and have that old pre-suck swagger (before 2010) that Arsenal are known for. Everyone else was abysmal. I just cant understand how we could look so strong at the start of the year, then after a second international break fall so hard. Mostly the same players. same coaches and everything. wtf is going on?

Elite Guru
    Craziest game ever!

Edit: Still can't believe that. What a game. When Chamakh is scoring 2 goals from outside the box you know it's a crazy match! Damn. What a rollercoaster
    Last edited by Nitey; 10-31-2012 at 00:29.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Craziest game I have ever seen in my life. I pity the gooners who missed out on such a game. Especially that chap who left after 4-0. he must be killing himself

Dedicated Member
    I'm hearing about this Eisfeld kid.

I can't believe in missed this game; gonna have to find me a replay somewhere.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    You have to find a replay, but I wish you didnt know the score.

I was really happy to see Eisfeld. He looked much better than Gnabry (today) in cam and like a player you would expect out of the Dortmund camp. He is cool, collected, doesn't hesitate or waste time to make a pass. He didn't have a perfect game but considering this is his first Senior team appearance that mattered and the harsh pitch conditions, I think he handled himself excellently.

Elite Guru
    I agree, Eisfeld was really good when he came on. He took the creative burden off of Arshavin a bit and we played through centrally much better with him on the pitch. He has that elegence and calmness in his play that Wilshere/Fabregas etc have. Very excited by him!

I can't believe this game... . Walcott was ice-cold today, he was involved in 6 goals ! Sign da ting. At half time and the immediate start of the 2nd half I could only imagine what the score would have been. But credit to the team for pulling through in the end. Unbelieveable!

Enjoy the game/highlights Boy

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Walcott was player of the game today. just excellent. Arshavin was both terrible and wonderful. And it goes to show, when he wants to, he can run, even in the 116th minute of the game!

Did anyone know what Jenkinson was doing today. I looked like he was playing a roving midfielder today rather than a RB.

Update: so turns out that fan stayed!
    https://twitter.com/myzanand/status/263401883119538176

just off to get a pint im sure.
    Last edited by DINAMO788; 10-31-2012 at 01:15.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal

Look at Jenkinson's face. Arsenal really means a lot to him.

13. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Madness. Winning 7-5 after being 4-0 down. What. The. $#@!. Giroud changed the game when he came on. The first half performance - and the second until Giroud came on was a disgrace to the shirt. Then Reading had the biggest nosebleed you will ever see on live TV and Walcott, Giroud, even Arshavin and Chamakh, took them to the cleaners.

They must be so gutted. Conceding 7 after being 4 up, that is probably the biggest bottle job in the history of the league cup, perhaps any competition. They were all over the place and after such a good first half too

Elite Guru
    I know, I can't imagine how their players and fans must feel. After Chamakh scored the 5th in extra time to make it 5-4 I said to my bro that if we don't win then the players would probably feel physically sick......and then Pogrebnayjyhahhw made it 5-5 I was like $#@! this . Then Walcott scored to make it 6-5. All within minutes...

Fair play to the ref for playing a minute or two past injury time in extra time. Gave Reading the chance to get back in it but too bad for them Chamakh nailed it with the 7th

Elite Guru

Love these two

17. Likes Sleepy likes this post
    Elite Guru

Amazing

Elite Guru
    Sad days. Bit quiet in here?

Team is playing shockingly right now, especially the defensive organisation. Only good to thing to come out of yesterda was Giroud looked a threat much more than in previous games.

I can't believe he let Arteta take the pen, or Arteta over-ruled him and took it to redeem is below par game. Not sure which, but he should really have taken it. Not just saying that cos Arteta missed too...

Anyway best we can hope for is 4th. Hopefully Spurs don't win today against Man City so if we beat them in the derby next week we can leap frog them.. For how bad we've been this season already we're still in the mix, surprisingly.

16 points from 11 games says it all though. I read that although last year was the worst start in Wenger era this year is even worse. Worst since 1982. Speaking of records, don't you hate it during games when the commentators mention something like the last time X beat Arsenal was xxxx, and we go ahead and $#@! it up lol. Seems to always happen.

I didn't have huge expectations for the season especially since you cripple your chances by selling your best players every summer. Hopefully we hang on in there until January so we can add some quality. Whilst it's unlikely theres still hope

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Wasn't on in 2 weeks.. Arsenal have just been depressing to watch. On a positive note we may be in to get Wilfried Zaha.

Watch his show against Manchester United at 3:47.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YwHqagTKis

21. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Elite Guru
    I think depressing is the right word =P

Zaha also received his senior England call up which is exciting for him. He looks like a very promising player. I wonder how much he'd cost

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    He wouldnt be too much, but if hes a walcott replacement, its going to be another case of selling good players right as they enter into their prime for profit and replace them with less accomplished potential.

Elite Guru
    Ain't that the truth Dinamo.

Walcott appears to be our most lethal option in attack and being unable to resolve his contract, over what is probably a few thousand ús, would just be another case of Arsenal being Arsenal

Apprentice
    The rumours I'm hearing about Theo are him going to Liverpool. I mean I know we're hardly title contenders this year but we're not as bad as that lot!
    Our main problem in the attacking sense I feel is that everyone plays in the same position. Theo wants to play in the middle, Giroud is our best man in the air, Podolski is better as a CF than a winger (my opinion), and Gervinho is pathetic out wide (a few people's opinion). Without changing to a 4-4-2 I can't see what else we can do.

S. Vettel challenges on GT5- 3 Golds, all using DS3
    I think that makes me the best DS3 user on GT5 in the whole PSU, but I'm open to challenges

Elite Guru
    So Jenkinson has signed a new long term contract. Good stuff. He was always going to sign whatever was put down in front of him but good nonetheless.

The development he's shown over the past year is exceptional. Moments which make me think 'Wenger knows'

27. Likes Sleepy likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Back in training.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    If they sell Walcott, I think it's time to let Wenger go. I mean how many times can you develop a player, and let him go and wasting time and effort buy going through and developing them?

SMH
    I am the oncoming storm.

Elite Guru
    @Rosicky - Awww yeah

Remember him last year in the North London Derby? That goal

@admartian - I know what you mean. This has been a regular occurance ever since the Invincibles and Emirates move. The fact that things have only gotten worse many fans are getting increasingly frustrated at Arsene

Thread Information