Latest PSU headlines:

Page 215 of 230 FirstFirst ... 205215225 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,375 of 5732

Thread: Arsenal Thread

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    You'd think the embarassment from getting booked for 'simulation' would be enough for a lot of these players to kick it out of their game

Though on the other hand, "doing whatever it takes to win" is a message instructed from managers and fans

Though on the third hand, it's cheating so it needs to get the **** out

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    I don't think there should be bans. For repeat offenders maybe, but fines would be good.
    fines dont mean **** to players and until we get serious, diving will continue to make a mockery of the game

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DINAMO788 View Post
    fines dont mean **** to players and until we get serious, diving will continue to make a mockery of the game
    retrospective bans imply that the event that took place were a red card offense. if it's bad enough that they can get banned, then it's bad enough for them to not be allowed to continue the match. so you would have to make diving a red card if you want to go down that road, and that's not happening, nor would i want it to happen.

the only real solution is to hire refs that can open their eyes. but since that is unreasonable, video technology is the way to go.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    retrospective bans imply that the event that took place were a red card offense. if it's bad enough that they can get banned, then it's bad enough for them to not be allowed to continue the match. so you would have to make diving a red card if you want to go down that road, and that's not happening, nor would i want it to happen.

the only real solution is to hire refs that can open their eyes. but since that is unreasonable, video technology is the way to go.
    A dive in the box that draws a PK can ruin a game, and depending on the circumstances can cost a team a LOT at the end of the season. So yes, it should be a bannable offense. I think a dive is worse than two yellow card offenses, especially how with easily english refs throw out yellows.

Veteran
    A ref ****ing up a call can ruin a game too. The whole concept of diving is deceiving the ref into making a bad call. The only true solution is at the root of the problem, to ensure the ref doesn't make a bad call.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    A ref ****ing up a call can ruin a game too. The whole concept of diving is deceiving the ref into making a bad call. The only true solution is at the root of the problem, to ensure the ref doesn't make a bad call.
    you realize that is impossible right? Youre basically saying the only way to stop diving is for refs to not make mistakes and see everything perfectly. lets get real. That is impossible. thats why we need retroactive punishments, as a supplement to the shortcomings of human refereeing. Fines wont do anything to curb the habit. And what you said is exactly what im talking about, A ref ****ing up a call can INDEED ruin a game. Drawing a penalty or a booking through diving is a prime example of this

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DINAMO788 View Post
    you realize that is impossible right? Youre basically saying the only way to stop diving is for refs to not make mistakes and see everything perfectly. lets get real. That is impossible.
    That's my point. Video technology makes it (at least reasonably) possible.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    That's my point. Video technology makes it (at least reasonably) possible.
    You mean, use video technology to catch divers and retroactively appoint punishment? If so, i agree.

Veteran
    No, I mean an incident happens, the ref makes a decision to his best judgment, the 4th official quickly checks the replay and lets the ref know what he sees or does not see, the ref can then call the play back to the correct decision if necessary. Often, the call would result is a brief stoppage of play and wouldn't result in any time wasted, and otherwise would only take like 30 seconds max.

The divers then have absolutely nothing to gain from diving, and stop diving.

This would obviously be extended to more than just dives.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    No, I mean an incident happens, the ref makes a decision to his best judgment, the 4th official quickly checks the replay and lets the ref know what he sees or does not see, the ref can then call the play back to the correct decision if necessary. Often, the call would result is a brief stoppage of play and wouldn't result in any time wasted, and otherwise would only take like 30 seconds max.

The divers then have absolutely nothing to gain from diving, and stop diving.

This would obviously be extended to more than just dives.
    this is not likely to happen at all. Blatter or platini or whoever is STRONGLY against stopping the game and the flow. Seeing whether a ball crossed the line is one thing, but having to decide on whether a dive was actually a dive takes a lot longer than a few moments. Its not that practical and more importantly, its never going to get passed.

Veteran
    Neither is giving bans for a yellow card offense.

Setting up to take a free kick takes more than a few moments as well, and in those few moments (and through the majority of the match), the fourth official is scratching his balls.

Apprentice
    If that gets implemented, where do you stop the game? say a foul is not given and if you give the manager 20 seconds after the incident to decide whether he wants a review (similar to DRS in cricket) you could in theory stop a goal scoring opportunity for the opposition. Then you can go even further to say "what classifies as an incident?"
    Then look at it the other way, if a foul is given when it shouldn't have been restarting the game from a free kick just isn't the same i.e. the defending team has time to regroup.

What works with the goal line technology about to come in is the ref gets the message to his watch when the ball crosses the line. A computer can't tell if its a foul or not, we've all had that problem on FIFA!

S. Vettel challenges on GT5- 3 Golds, all using DS3
    I think that makes me the best DS3 user on GT5 in the whole PSU, but I'm open to challenges

Elite Guru
    Sinking to a new all time low. So much wrong at this ****ing club

Hindsight etc but you just know the reserve team would have played a lot better than those uninspired, unmotivated, overpaid bunch of losers. We've always been bottlers but that was ****ing horrendous - the fact that it even went to penalties was disgusting . Many people will scald the board and leave Wenger out of it but this was just a Wenger classic IMO. I don't think I trust him anymore.

Many of his decisions are non-footballing decisions. Playing a blunt Ramsey (and on the wing again ffs) ahead of the kid that changed the game against Reading last round (Eisfeld). Taking off our most determined MF (Coq) as the first sub, persisting with Gervinho up front when even Chamakh would do a better job at playing as a forward for 90 ****ing minutes. Talking about how he regretted over-playing Wilshere back in '10 but he had no choice because of injuries - yet he plays him against a team in the 4th ****ing division.

I don't even want to talk about Podolski, or Vermaelan. But ****.

I know we don't play until Monday so playing the 1st team won't matter that much but the 2nd team played an all time classic in the last round (5-7) and many will be itching to prove themselves once more.

Wenger is getting it wrong a lot lot more than he is getting it right these days. It's been going on too long that now idk if he's just stubborn, trying to prove a point, or just a dumbass.

I dont know what he does at Colney but **** needs to change. Caz was considered the best la liga player outside of Real or Barca, Giroud top scorer ligue1, Poldi scored a bunch for cologne and Germany, etc etc. These guys are good but under Wenger, in our system, at our club, players are beginning to fade into ****ness.

How long will he continue to experiment with these useless clowns, and begin winning us football matches consistently? Even with the braindead footballers we posses our squad is still far better than nearly every team we play. He's failing big time. He's lost it I think. Hopefully he reels us into 4th place and then retires.

Edit: The WBA game a one off it seems. The only decent performance after international break. Our crap play far outweighs anything good we do
    Last edited by Nitey; 12-11-2012 at 23:07.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Hate to say this, but AW needs to resign himself.

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Veteran
    I typically laugh off comments from Arsenal fans about Wenger needing to go, have done so over the last few seasons, but for the first time I agree. I can't see him staying on much longer.

Elite Guru
    I was thinking about it today. I dunno who will be able to do a job with the kind of budgets Arsene has to work within (Moyes?), but regardless of that he's really getting on my nerves and yesterday tipped me over.

He talks about how Arsenal cannot compete with the likes of City, Chelsea, Utd etc financially, yet he can't even motivate the players he has secured to sweep aside lower quality opposition, or even just put in a decent performance

Villa (a), Norwich (a), Swansea (h), Fulham (h) etc etc. All winnable games. Man for man we are better than most teams in the league but you wouldn't think it. Not even close to a financial problem, it's a coaching/managerial/tactical/motivational problem. He better sort it out because over the years we've managed to **** up in the most bizarre ways imaginable

Taking my rose tinted glasses off for a second, we're a joke. He's got a hell of a job on his hands now

And yeah I'm not usually in the Wenger-out parade but last night wasn't just a farce it was a reality check to where we've been heading. Our team has continued to get worse and worse every single year for many seasons.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Thats absolute crap. i dont buy that. AW Chooses not to spend big on players. Hell we (Man Utd) have been ****ed by the glazers and still manage to spend 40mil most summers. I dont buy this **** that Arsenal have no money to spend!!

Asides from Jack, santi and Ox, the rest of your 1st team can jog on

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Elite Guru
    Yes but my point is regardless of money spent or not the players we do have are still good enough and as the coach he's not getting the best out them. Obviously more quality in the team means less chance to **** up but against opposition I mentioned above we have more than enough quality to win.

He's not doing his job first and foremost.

Yes Arsenal have money but he/board chooses not to spend. Too much financial cushioning going on to live in comfort. No risk taking, and the risks we do take are on **** ****s like Gervinho and Chamakh and we pay them equals with the players that do deserve a raise now and then

Fed up.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    again, this isnt a problem of personnel. Most EPL teams would have beaten Bradford. Do they all have stronger players than us? no. personnel is not the main issue.

Dedicated Member
    I missed the game due to work but this is all I needed to see.

This team pisses me off.

21. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boy From School View Post
    I missed the game due to work but this is all I needed to see.

This team pisses me off.
    You can't judge a game from one gif. I think it was far from our worst game, despite the outrage.

Dedicated Member
    I don't care how well we played.

We just lost to an inferior team from an inferior league.

Something needs to change.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    There's a report on Goal.com that Pep Guardiola said that we are his interest in coming back into management. Apparently he completed some of his coaching with us or something.

If Wenger were to leave (as I don't think he'll ever be sacked), I'd say Pep would be the next best manager, and if the report is indeed true then it is encouraging that he is interested.
    I'd laugh my head off if we did get him, after all the stuff Chelsea have been doing to try and lure him there.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    It would be interesting..although, fergie fly's out to new york today for a second meeting with guardiola (will try and post source when not in work).

Occasionally, smaller clubs give clubs like arsenal, united etc a bit of a rude awakening. It happens.. and it'll happen again. Just think arsene needs to spend in january and play more directly and aggresively...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boy From School View Post
    I don't care how well we played.

We just lost to an inferior team from an inferior league.

Something needs to change.
    but we've been losing to inferior teams all year long?

And spending big in january I dont think will do much, especially when there arent many good players available this january window that we can get. We need to resign walcott and sagna and get another DM. some LB cover would also be nice and a good striker if we can find one. I like Jovetic, but there any many i'd want this window at a good price.

27. Likes The Boy From School likes this post

Thread Information