Results 5,401 to 5,425 of 5732

Thread: Arsenal Thread

Dedicated Member
    What a game.

2. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    $#@!ing wow. What a game

Give Theo what he wants! He holds all the cards now, more than ever. Imagine all the teams that are gonna go in for him this January. We've really $#@!ed ourselves up by letting this drag, like Dinamo said a week back we just have to give him the 100k or whatever he wants. As much as he has the ability to frustrate, he is the real deal

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Nice post Boy!

Yeah, Im really hoping Henry can talk him into signing. He's apparently giving him tips on playing CF and I dont care about any january activity, i just want a new walcott contract! That game was so crazy. 8 goals in the second half. man wtfff.

Elite Guru
    Giroud has 9 goals and 6 assists
    Podolski has 9 goals and 7 assists

Our attackers have the knack to frustrate but those are some good numbers for their first seasons so far

Surprised Rosicky didn't get a run out today. We play Southhampton next, can't wait

Edit:

Elite Guru

Saw this on youtube earlier and it made me smile ^_^. Love this lil guy. Hes' been a bit quiet in recent games IMO, doesn't seem as sharp as he was in the initial chunk of the season, but then again he probably has a little less attacking/creative burden on him with players like Giroud, Walcott and Chambo finding their feet now

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Great victory in the end.

I'm still sticking with Walcott to go though. He's having a belter at the moment so that's an indication of him leaving, if you want to go that route.

He could actually be waiting to see if his role as a centre forward is going to be consistent, but for there is always just the classic argument of why don't you just bloody sign a new deal now if you're going to stay!?

Elite Guru
    Yeah I get the feeling he's off too. When was the last time an Arsenal player went into the last year of his contract or contract talks ended up being a saga - and they ended up staying?

Throwing him up front (finally) and having Henry back in training tutoring him feel like last gasp efforts to persuade him to stay on. He also did a lap around the pitch after the game with the matchball in hand. Might be because it's last home game of the season, idk, but didn't seem like common practice. Something more like what RvP did before he let everyone know he isn't signing on

Still, I hope he stays

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Yeah I get the feeling he's off too. When was the last time an Arsenal player went into the last year of his contract or contract talks ended up being a saga - and they ended up staying?

Throwing him up front (finally) and having Henry back in training tutoring him feel like last gasp efforts to persuade him to stay on. He also did a lap around the pitch after the game with the matchball in hand. Might be because it's last home game of the season, idk, but didn't seem like common practice. Something more like what RvP did before he let everyone know he isn't signing on

Still, I hope he stays
    Could very well have been a sign. To be honest though, any team who pays to sign him in January is a bit of a fool. They're legitimately allowed to have contractual talks with him from 12am tonight and then sign him for nothing in six months time. Why would they not do that!? - I've had that trail of thought ever since I heard the first rumour that he could be off in January.

Elite Guru
    Well that was all kinds of $#@!.

No excuses either. Can't say we have injuries, can't say we're tired as we've played one less game than the other teams this holiday. Shocker

I suppose 5 in a row would have been too much for this bunch. But with the next 3 league games City (H), Chelsea (A) and Liverpool (H) - this was a must win, and then our game in hand (West Ham (H)) thrown somehwere in there for good measure we'll be dropping a big amount of points you'd think

Frustrating..

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Indeed. It was an extremely poor showing.
    The match started off quite well, but after about 15-20 minutes they just went back to their sub-standard regular selves [now]. It was annoying for myself from a selfish point of view, because I could finally sit down and watch an Arsenal game again, as I work on the weekends. As well as for the good of the club going forward, and my own personal satisfaction, I fully expected us to win today. And the fact that we didn't even score our own goal was a bit of a slap in the face.

Elite Guru
    Ah damn, the match you finally get to see was that. >.<

According to Evening Standard, Walcott is set to sign on @ 90k/week. I dunno how reliable that is, but we'll wait and see

With regards to this transfer window, Wenger said post match:

But I will be active [in the January window] yes. We are looking everywhere. We are open-minded. We want to strengthen the squad everywhere.
    I think it's clear as day that we need to strengthen our squad. I think we're only 1 player short currently of having a full squad (in terms of number of players), so expect to see some sold or out on loan.

I'm keeping my expectations extremely low, for obvious reasons

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    If we sign anyone new I'm sure it'll be a mediocre guy. Expect nothing spectacular at all.

Elite Guru
    Yeah funny you say that, we're after a lad from Atletico that is refusing to sign on for them, so we'll get him on the cheap (rumoured bid of 9m). Name is Adriano Lopez, forward that can play across front 3. Don't know anything about him so won't pretend like I do, but so much for we have money .

I concede it is hard to find targets in January. I hope whoever we bring in can do the business as 4th looks like it's gonna go down to the wire like last season

Dedicated Member
    QPR just shocked Chelsea.

No one comes to mind as a possible reinforcement.

We do need a fullback though.

Gibbs and Sagna have been awful recently.

I'd like to see Podolski at ST.

Dedicated Member
    Yeah funny you say that, we're after a lad from Atletico that is refusing to sign on for them, so we'll get him on the cheap (rumoured bid of 9m). Name is Adriano Lopez, forward that can play across front 3. Don't know anything about him so won't pretend like I do, but so much for we have money .

I concede it is hard to find targets in January. I hope whoever we bring in can do the business as 4th looks like it's gonna go down to the wire like last season
    The few times I've seen him, he didn't impress me.

Sluggish.

Elite Guru
    Holy balls, didn't see tonights results. Fair play to QPR lol, good result for us.

Fullbacks are essential, youre right. Sagna has had 3 very average games in a row now, and I've never rated Gibbs that highly. When he's playing at his best he is acceptable, but anything below he doesn't provide anything going forward (IMO) and is $#@! in defense. I love Sagna, but I actually want Jenkinson back in the team

Poldi should be tried at ST, or we should change to 442 but I understand it's a risk at this stage of the season and Wenger is hardly a risk taker

Also I've said it for a while but the MF just doesn't work without Diaby. No balance. I don't care which one of Arteta, Wilshere or Caz have to shift, but we need a proper box to box, or a strong athletic DM to protect our defense. We're a joke in MF when teams press us, despite those guys' individual talents

Oh and also, wtf is up with our condition, as a team? It seems every team we come up against is fitter and sharper. If we had better depth I guess we could rotate but we don't

Edit:

Newcastle have pretty much wrapped up Debuchy signing, just a question of his medical. They're the new Arsenal lol, with all their quality French imports. Pardew doing one over Wenger when it comes to what French players to go for.
    Last edited by Nitey; 01-02-2013 at 23:29.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal

I heard about him too.
    My brother told me that he hasn't scored in 20 games apparently; that sounds like the exact sort of player we'd sign.

Urgh...

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Lopez isn't bad, but he's best known for being Falcao's partner

Good news is all the reports im hearing say Walcott will re-sign! It sucks that Chelsea are getting such quality in Ba for so cheap but I think that and the sturridge signing might have shrunken the market for Theo!

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Sky Sports are reporting "Transfer Sprees", and I can't help but think that the only deal we'll be doing [potentially] is re-signing Walcott.

I'm sorry for my constant negativity, but with the way the club is run now, I think it's quite excusable and self-explanatory.

Elite Guru
    Resigning walcott is a definite priority but like I said it's so clear we need to strengthen in other areas. Everton and Tottenham are gonna be there till the last weekend. I get the feeling Wenger won't sign a Diaby replacment cos Diaby is back now... He was so good at the start of the year with a proper pre-season under his belt. I get that feeling of inevitibility that he's just gona break down once more when we need him most. Wenger's fault for not bringing in able replacements

Nah Molo, the negativity is just an illustration of fan frustration I do the same lol. But when we win or play well or something positive comes about, it feels so good. Love this club

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    It is good and better when we win, but I also go on about consistency because I know that 9 times out of 10 we will play completely differently in the next game, and usually for the worse.

Apparently the Evening Standard is reporting that Wenger has claimed that signing Walcott to a new deal is his main priority over strengthened the overall squad. FFS!
    Can blame typical management here, as well as bloody Walcott himself for dragging this out!

Elite Guru
    It's like there's 3 people working at Arsenal or something

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Molo316 View Post
    It is good and better when we win, but I also go on about consistency because I know that 9 times out of 10 we will play completely differently in the next game, and usually for the worse.

Apparently the Evening Standard is reporting that Wenger has claimed that signing Walcott to a new deal is his main priority over strengthened the overall squad. FFS!
    Can blame typical management here, as well as bloody Walcott himself for dragging this out!
    I want to re-sign walcott over getting any other signing. I dont see anyone who would be as good for us as walcott. It's a pretty crappy january.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by DINAMO788 View Post
    I want to re-sign walcott over getting any other signing. I dont see anyone who would be as good for us as walcott. It's a pretty crappy january.
    Would be great if we were just linked to Edinson Cavani though. I'd take him over pretty much any other signing right now.

Anyway, I'm pissed off with Barcelona right now because they are apparently completely against letting us have David Villa, because they feel they need him if Messi gets injured. Thing is, they could almost anyone else up front if need be, like Alexis or even Fabregas!
    I think it's a bit rich from them considering the players we've given them over the years, and the fact that they still owe us money for those players, such as Hleb, who doesn't even play for them anymore!

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Molo316 View Post
    Would be great if we were just linked to Edinson Cavani though. I'd take him over pretty much any other signing right now.

Anyway, I'm pissed off with Barcelona right now because they are apparently completely against letting us have David Villa, because they feel they need him if Messi gets injured. Thing is, they could almost anyone else up front if need be, like Alexis or even Fabregas!
    I think it's a bit rich from them considering the players we've given them over the years, and the fact that they still owe us money for those players, such as Hleb, who doesn't even play for them anymore!
    ummm ok but who really gives a $#@! about Villa? you wanna pay a backup at least 60-70k a week for maybe 2-3 more seasons? I'd rather get a DM and another LB to compete with gibbs (selling santos). But seeing as how we'll actually have a full roster in january, i'd save the money for summer.

Thread Information