Page 218 of 230 FirstFirst ... 208218228 ... LastLast
Results 5,426 to 5,450 of 5732

Thread: Arsenal Thread

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Molo316 View Post
    Would be great if we were just linked to Edinson Cavani though. I'd take him over pretty much any other signing right now.

Anyway, I'm pissed off with Barcelona right now because they are apparently completely against letting us have David Villa, because they feel they need him if Messi gets injured. Thing is, they could almost anyone else up front if need be, like Alexis or even Fabregas!
    I think it's a bit rich from them considering the players we've given them over the years, and the fact that they still owe us money for those players, such as Hleb, who doesn't even play for them anymore!
    ummm ok but who really gives a $#@! about Villa? you wanna pay a backup at least 60-70k a week for maybe 2-3 more seasons? I'd rather get a DM and another LB to compete with gibbs (selling santos). But seeing as how we'll actually have a full roster in january, i'd save the money for summer.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    I'd give a $#@! about Villa. I'd have more faith, or want to play at least, Villa over Giroud for a start.
    And even then, our new "main man", Walcott might still be on his way. So with that being said I suppose it's best to wait (still) to see what he does. Hopefully he doesn't give us the indecency of waiting until the end of the bloody transfer window now to make up his mind.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Doesn't make sense that transfer activity is off due to contract talks resuming with Walcott. It's just some PR bull$#@!

I would love David Villa here, even at 100k/wk - we can afford it, and the finances aren't my headache anyway, we need to ensure 4th ffs. The guy is Spain's leading goalscorer of all time, world class and despite not starting much for Barca this season he's still banging them in. Quality player, way above anyone we have currently

31 is nothing in football btw, some of Wright and Bergkamps greatest games/goals came when they were 30+

It's a pipe dream anyways, we are not ambitious enough to go for him on anything other than a short term loan (which I'd still take), something Barca will be even more against

-

What really irks me is that Wenger has given contracts and pay rises to players over the years that he thinks will end up being good and look at the $#@!ing $#@!hole we find ourselves in? Having to loan out (and pay the majority of wages) for the likes of DJ, Squid, Chamakh because no clubs in their right minds are willing to match the 50k+ they currently are earning and of course they won't take a pay cut for game time - who the $#@! does that in today's football? (Rhetorical question - Arteta took a paycut to come here ). It's been too easy at Arsenal...

Despite my passionate plea for Villa I do think there are other areas of the pitch that need to be looked at over ST, like you guys have already discussed. Somehow I think Wenger believes if we can keep Walcott that this team is good enough for 4th. I keep doubting they are, so I hope I'm wrong

I miss the days we had a squad challenging for titles. Only a couple years ago tbf..

4. Likes Sleepy likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Lots of Villa rumours circulating today. Graham Hunter said on talksport that a bid of 17m Euros~ might be enough for Barca to let him go and that the player himself is not happy with his playing situation at Barca. A few moments ago he even started following Mikel Arteta on twitter lolol. Maybe the old dog Arsene can get this done afterall

I still don't think anyone is coming

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Lots of Villa rumours circulating today. Graham Hunter said on talksport that a bid of 17m Euros~ might be enough for Barca to let him go and that the player himself is not happy with his playing situation at Barca. A few moments ago he even started following Mikel Arteta on twitter lolol. Maybe the old dog Arsene can get this done afterall

I still don't think anyone is coming
    That's the part that stands out the most for me

I believe this too.

7. Likes Sleepy likes this post
    Dedicated Member

Dude looks depressed.

Elite Guru
    He does. He looks lost.

To be fair to him it wouldn't make much of a difference who starts at the back for us, so he'd could easily be our 1st choice. Not like results would change all that much.

Another $#@! performance and a replay we'll have to slot between Chelsea and City . Caz needs a rest, Wenger doesn't know how to utilise substitutes, we make nearly all opposition (unless odds are heavily in our favour - tired teams, ref decisions, etc) look like Barcelona, we have zero defensive organisation, even our older players look like they don't give a $#@! (Sagna), we don't have good backups, we overpay a lot of our players, we look like noobs whenever the opposition feels like pressing us, we play ugly football

So far, probably the worst season in recent Arsenal history. Fingers crossed for 4th

Btw, if Giroud had pace and a first touch I guess he would have cost us 22m rather than 12m. You get what you pay for

Dedicated Member
    I can't picture El Guaje in an Arsenal jersey.

I'd like to see Diaby and Rosicky on the field together.

We'd do damage!

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boy From School View Post
    I can't picture El Guaje in an Arsenal jersey.

I'd like to see Diaby and Rosicky on the field together.

We'd do damage!
    Me too. I dunno why the boss hasn't played Rozza in ANY of the matches over the past few weeks? I think he came on as a sub in his return game and that was it, with Gervinho and Ramsey getting time ahead of him. $#@! that like annoys me

12. Likes Admartian , Molo316 likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    I can agree with the frustration about not playing Rosicky.
    When he came back from injury last season, just before our second leg with Milan in the CL, he put in some very good performances, and he seemed so passionate and up for a fight during the CL game itself!
    Although his appearances haven't been consistent, I would imagine that now he's up for playing and he'd be willing to put in good performances, in comparison to when we lost 8-2 to United and he just walked away from the wall after a free kick. He's got age on his side so he could be one of those players who can offer "experience" to the team, so I would like to see him play again myself.

Elite Guru
    A lot of talk circulating in the press and twitter (lol) that Theo has signed a 5 year deal @90k. That'll do

I hope this doesn't mean we remain inactive in the window. Haven't really read anything substantial since al the Villa talk which has been completely dead for the past few days

Give us a proper DM Arsene!

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    its a 25m deal for 5 years. 3M signing bonus

Elite Guru
    Seems they both comprimised, as rumours we offered 80k a while back, when he wanted 100. 90k seems fair enough then

Let's hope he proves his worth for years to come. That's an unprecedented contract for someone at that age at Arsenal (someone not named Cesc Fabregas, that is)

Elite Guru

$#@! banter tbf. Scum Arsenal fanz

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post

$#@! banter tbf. Scum Arsenal fanz
    yup. good on marouane.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Yeah. It was shameful watching that.
    I was surprised that the two of them didn't get a private entrance or anything.
    Still, even though he was a tit, things like that happen in football and to be subject to abuse like that is just wrong.

Quite disgraceful.

Elite Guru
    Yeah it is definitely surprising he chose to walk with the Arsenal fans. He was obviously going to get abused so fair play to Chamakh. The woman in the video was grinding my fcuking gears, so unlady-like - ugh.

If you wanna boo them whilst theyre on the pitch, whatever. But on the street, that is some low class $#@!

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Pep Guadiola's going to Bayern Munich then. That's cool with me! I'm just glad he's not going to Chelsea

Elite Guru
    Puts Bayern right back on the map to be fair (as if they weren't already ). Almost guaranteed domestic success with the squad he has and Bayern are always in contention for a good CL run.

Look forward to seeing how Bayern set up and play like under him, should be exciting

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Thank goodness for us that he hasn't taken over with immediate effect. I forgot for a bit that we had to play them in the CL, until my brother reminded me because he thought he had already taken over

Elite Guru
    Jack was a revelation at CAM tonight. Hopefully this is the team that plays at Chelsea. Even though Giroud is $#@! - I'm losing sight of what he actually offer.. was a good lay off to Jack I suppose but you expect a striker to have a good pass on him, he offers very little else

And Wenger said Ba is too similar to Giroud :/ If that's the case, at least the former bangs them in regularly

25. Likes DINAMO788 likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Walcott didn't offer much at all tonight. I expected him to do better when he had the opportunity to place a finesse shot in the bottom far corner, since he's pretty good at that, but he put it well wide.

Anyway, earlier, an apparent reputable French journalist sent out a tweet that we were going after Edinson Cavani. Although the idea alone makes me $#@! in my pants, I'm remaining realistic and pessimistic. However, tonight, I believe the same journalist said that we've made a 30M bid for someone, but did not say who the player is. Again, I'm still not convinced.
    And then tonight, in the post-match press conference, Wenger apparently stated that he is prepared to spend big, and said earlier this month that the stadium debt is all paid off and now is the time to spend money on players. Once again, I'm not convinced; not until something respectable actually happens!

Dedicated Member
    I missed the game.

I didn't even know it was on to be honest.

I noticed Diaby played. How was he?

I feel the same way regarding Giroud but I'd rather him up top than Theo.

Dedicated Member
    Where is Firefox?

Elite Guru
    Diaby was alright. Looked a tad off the pace so he not as dynamic as he was when the season started since he had a solid pre-seasn under him. It'll take him a while but having a big man in there helps a lot, and although I do feel he was off the pace we look infinintly better with him in the team than without

I prefer Giroud too, but he seriously lacks quality (and IMO compatability with the way we want to play)and to think we've just about managed to squeeze Chamakh out, and even that's just a loan, after the longest time. I feel the same is gonna happen with Giroud cos he must be earning more than his quality suggests and he really is not main striker potential at a club like Arsenal..

@The Cavani rumours. Yeah, whatever . He could go to any club he wants at this point. We're not an attractive option. I'd love to see it happen tho

I have no idea where FF is :/

Thread Information