Latest PSU headlines:

Page 220 of 230 FirstFirst ... 210220 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,500 of 5732

Thread: Arsenal Thread

Apprentice
    Good to see Giroud on the scoresheet again today, is that 14 goals now? I'd love to see him not "struggling"

S. Vettel challenges on GT5- 3 Golds, all using DS3
    I think that makes me the best DS3 user on GT5 in the whole PSU, but I'm open to challenges

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I'm just happy to see him scoring supremely technical goals, love it. Let's hope he continues this form

Was always gonna be a tough game, glad we won ofc

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    When I saw "technical goals" I hoped you weren't talking about ["Best Player Ever at AFC now"] Walcott's goal.

Yep, good for Giroud. He made me eat my words. I said to my father the other night that Giroud probably won't score for like four games now, but well done to him. I do hope he can continue to do so against tougher (on paper) oppositions now.

Elite Guru
    =P

Our goals against West ham were amazing too. We're definitely in among the goals atm, just wish we were a little bit convincing at the back. Then again, how many years have been asking for that..
    It's something I fear won't ever be addressed until the post-Wenger era

Dedicated Member
    I need to get me a Giroud jersey.

What's a more realistic acquisition? Cavani or Jovetic?

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boy From School View Post
    I need to get me a Giroud jersey.

What's a more realistic acquisition? Cavani or Jovetic?
    Diame.

Apprentice
    Neither really!
    So Blackburn in the next round, I was hoping the 2 Manc clubs would play each other to get rid of one of them but unfortunately not.

S. Vettel challenges on GT5- 3 Golds, all using DS3
    I think that makes me the best DS3 user on GT5 in the whole PSU, but I'm open to challenges

Elite Guru
    I'd take Cavani over Jovetic any day of the week. Just imagining what a player like Cavani leading our line could do for us. Fapbulous player

Blackburn at home is a good draw.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Same for me. Cavani is a work horse. And for a medium sized built guy, he's a beast!

Once again, on paper we should be able to win this FA Cup tie. But it's always on my mind that we're going to make it hard on ourselves, just like Brighton the other day.

Elite Guru
    I'm gonna stop thinking about Cavani because he's gonna end up at Chelsea or City tbh. If Usmanov was owner though...these kinda players might be within reach....
    I hate missing out on these elite players cus it seems Arsene has lost the eye when it comes to buying cheap. Way too many flops over the trophyless years imo

Blackburn game should be easy man. I'm weirdly confident - I think the team is playing alright attacking-wise. There was a period not too long ago where it seemed we couldn't score for $#@!, so I'm satisfied in that regard

This blackburn game is a few days before CL matchday (Bayern) . It's at home and we could afford to rest some key players but I don't think we will

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Molo316 View Post
    Diame.
    Who?

Looking forward to another Liverpool beatdown.

Shame that scrub Sahin won't be around this time to experience it.

Elite Guru
    Lmao @ Sahin. There was such drama involved with that loan move over the summer and the kids gone back to Dortmund - I love football lol

Kinda nervous about the Liverpool game! Most our guys are fully fit so I shouldn't be. I wonder how Ramsey will cope in the deep MF role against a decent attacking team

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    In saw that too. I wanted to give Robinson a slap across the face for that. He played like $#@! all game and instead of centering the ball for suarez to tie the game, he takes a dumbass shot way wide, and then has the nerve to tell Suarez to $#@! off? man who the $#@! is Jack Robinson to even look at suarez like that. he should feel lucky just to wear the same crest as him, $#@!ing $#@!.

Dedicated Member

Dedicated Member
    He's wearing Chamakh's gear.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Ready for some payback tomorrow?

I think we've come a long way since the first match. Should be a fun watch. Well.. not for me.. I'll be sitting in class .

Elite Guru
    Podolski looks well up for it. I love him

Yeah Shibby I think you guys will play a good game at Emirates.

Elite Guru
    Quite disgusting how we defend tbh. Until that changes we'll continue gifting lesser teams points. Feels like a loss even though we were 2 nil down, and a missed opportunity. Wtf was Mert playing at? And their first goal is something out of a defensive blunders DVD compilation. Sort it out Arsene. Can't get points when half the starting eleven make individual error after individual error, letting $#@! teams just walk the ball into our net It's comical and very worrying

Learnt nothing new about the team. Breath taking going forward at times, the ability to comfortably dominate, inconsistent, $#@! defense - oh and horrible backups, especially Santos. Wenger needs to get a LB tonight/tomorrow or we're stuck with this fella for a few weeks while Gibbs is out. It's like playing 10v12. He almost cost us right at the death too, Suarez had a great opportunity to win it for them. I'd rather just play Verm there and Kos/mert in the middle.

Need to learn to keep these bottom feeders out of our net if we realistically want 4th. We play them off the park but shoot ourselves in the foot time after time. It's infuriating

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    I couldn't believe the defence when they conceded the first goal, and the defending for their second wasn't anything either! Jeez, I actually didn't realise how bad the defence was until tonight. I suppose we started off the season defending very well, and we all thought that Steve Bould was going to be the key there. But going on they have just gotten so $#@!! Thank f*ck that we got those two goals and didn't concede right at the end. However, a draw just wasn't good enough.
    With Everton winning again tonight, grabbing a win would have been vital! Yeah, we're now only 3 points behind, but if had won...

Elite Guru
    " OptaJoeVerified ‏@OptaJoe

13 - Arsenal have made more errors leading directly to a goal than any other team in the Premier League this season. Calamity. "

Smh

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Is that a record for this season?
    That's me just being negative.
    I don't mean to be horrible and disrespectful to other teams, but I would assume that the teams lower in the table have made more mistakes. But for a team that's trying to break into the top four, thats is awful!

And by the way, we're not going to sign anyone

Elite Guru
    It's just crazy when you think about it. 13 times at this stage of the season we have let the opposition score via individual error(s), and like you say, that is worse than the bottom of the league strugglers. Really puts in perspective just how bad we are as a defensive unit. No solidarity at all

I don't even know what it is anymore. The individual players? Bar Sagna and Santos, who look completely past it, I would class the others as decent enough defenders. It surely has to be a training/tactical/coaching or even psychological issue. If we don't get into the CL we will all know why, that is for sure

Santos may have been a good player at some point in his career but as of now he is stealing a living. Shouldn't be anywhere near a PL team. Wouldn't be the first Arsenal player to steal a living though..
    I hate being so frank about it lol
    We need signings

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    It's just crazy when you think about it. 13 times at this stage of the season we have let the opposition score via individual error(s), and like you say, that is worse than the bottom of the league strugglers. Really puts in perspective just how bad we are as a defensive unit. No solidarity at all

I don't even know what it is anymore. The individual players? Bar Sagna and Santos, who look completely past it, I would class the others as decent enough defenders. It surely has to be a training/tactical/coaching or even psychological issue. If we don't get into the CL we will all know why, that is for sure

Santos may have been a good player at some point in his career but as of now he is stealing a living. Shouldn't be anywhere near a PL team. Wouldn't be the first Arsenal player to steal a living though..
    I hate being so frank about it lol
    We need signings
    Yeah. Even on Match of the Day, Alan Shearer couldn't get his head around defensive clangers. He wasn't just having a go about Arsenal though; he thought that the defence in every Premier League isn't anywhere where it used to be. But I'd still say that our defence is probably one of the worst now. Like you said, going forward, at times, we are brilliant, but the same cannot be said about the back line.

Santos is pretty darn awful. When he first arrived he looked out of shape, and over a year later he's still exactly the same. He hasn't seemed to have lost wait or brushed up on his skill and technique at all.

Anyway, we're strongly linked to Nacho Monreal tonight, and he's been internationally capped. That makes me feel more at ease, however, I believe he's cup-tied, so that means Santos will be facing Bayern Munich, regardless of whether we sign him or not...

And apparently the BBC are reporting that we're in talks with two other players, and that talks are going well. I'm not holding my breath at all!

24. Likes Sleepy likes this post
    Dedicated Member

Diame is either signing with QPR, Tottenham or the Arsenal.

Elite Guru
    It isn't bad enough that his footballing ability is under par but he's so unprofessional. Doesn't look like an athlete at all and always huffing and puffing

I'm glad we're getting Monreal, he's a top tier player and it shows that Wenger doesn't trust Santos (ALMOST as if he's admiting that he made a bad signing ). My bro told me that Monreal is in ultimate team of the week, so he must be in top form as well

It shows that if Arsene wants to, he can wrap up signings in under a day. Glad and frustrated at the same time

Thread Information