Latest PSU headlines:

Page 222 of 230 FirstFirst ... 212222 ... LastLast
Results 5,526 to 5,550 of 5732

Thread: Arsenal Thread

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Lol. Touche. Least we got a trophy last year :P.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Lol ^^

Man the football threads on this forum are dead. Honestly seems like, all at once, a bunch of members just stopped posting in this section ._.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    its too depressing to keep posting

Elite Guru
    Yeah I feel you Dinamo

Big game tonight. It seems every game is a big game though ha, so I hope the boys are on it. I haven't kept up with the injuries but I wonder who will play LB since Monreal is not eligible and Gibbs is still out? Perhaps Vermaelen or Miquel.
    I think the rest of the team picks itself

Bayern have been stellar this season so I'm not expecting anything from this game despite being at home. It's gonna be similar to the home games when we faced Barcelona 2 seasons in a row in CL.

But well, with how shocking getting knocked out of both domestic cups by the respective teams that did us over I am hoping this gives us added bite and energy to take it to Bayern

Dedicated Member
    Wenger actually had the balls to leave Gervinho off the squad entirely vs Bayern.

I'd go with Vermaelen at LB.

This team has to be pumped up right now after getting embarrassed a couple of days ago.

I don't think we'll get dominated like some our suggesting.

Our guys ain't afraid of their guys.

Elite Guru
    I hear you!

50 minutes till kick off.

Dedicated Member

Interesting lineup.

Elite Guru
    Well that was fun

Doesn't make a diffference whether or not they scored their 3rd goal but would have been a more respectable scoreline. meh
    Don't think we got bent over like we did against Barca at home in '10 and '11 (despite the scorelines we managed) and we really took it to them in portions of the 2nd half but again, not good enough

Suppose it's solely an indication of how far apart the quality of the two teams are. We have some good players but overall our team is not able to compete with these very good teams. Reminded me of the ManU game earlier this season.

At least now we can shift our focus intently towards finishing 4th.

Elite Guru

What a sad $#@!ing bunch on the bench lol

Can't expect them all to be fans but eh

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    To be honest, I wasn't jumping up screaming when we scored. I think I shook my head actually. Villa couldn't have played worse against our style and we still barely got it. I think spurs next week is going to decide the season. Not to mention we have Everton right after.

Elite Guru
    Ya, we've played Villa home and away now and both times we've made them look like Barca lol.

Two tough games now, like you said. Lezgo! Gareth Bale is going to be hard to stop

Dedicated Member
    RIP Puyol

Jack Wilshere is a god.

That is all.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    As an exceptional and inspirational player for the club, let alone being my favourite player for Arsenal Football Club, I am extremely over the moon with this news and the leaked images.

Dennis Bergkamp’s alleged Arsenal statue pictures leaked on Twitter

Dennis Bergkamp looks set to become the latest Arsenal star honoured with a statue outside the Emirates Stadium.

The club have already erected monuments of Gunners legends Herbert Chapman, Tony Adams and Thierry Henry at their north London stadium and Dutch maestro Bergkamp appears to be the next in line after pictures of the proposed sculpture were leaked on Twitter.

The images – posted onto the social network last night – show an early working of a statue of the former Holland international striking a familiar pose.

The club refused to confirm that a Bergkamp monument was imminent when contacted by Metro this morning, but their official line hinted that something was in the pipeline.

'We currently have statues outside Emirates Stadium commemorating three legends in Arsenal’s history – Herbert Chapman, Tony Adams and Thierry Henry – and we’re delighted that they have been extremely popular with visitors to the stadium,’ said a club spokesman.

‘We’re pleased that speculation surrounding a future possible statue at Emirates Stadium is generating interest and will obviously communicate details if and when there is confirmation of any new developments.’

Bergkamp made over 400 appearances for the Gunners from 1995 to 2006 and scored 120 goals.

Source: Metro

14. Likes Sleepy likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Yeah it's awesome, I love the pose they chose for him. Doesn't really resemble him in terms of facial features but eh

Apprentice
    How many times can this happen. We play well for virtually the entire game but 2 pieces of lacadasical defending let us down and cost us the 3 points!
    Also, you would think they could give Bergkamp a huge wang!

S. Vettel challenges on GT5- 3 Golds, all using DS3
    I think that makes me the best DS3 user on GT5 in the whole PSU, but I'm open to challenges

Elite Guru
    Yeah it's frustrating. I dunno why Podolski isn't getting games either, he may not be involved at all times during the game but he is certainly dangerous compared to the timid Giroud.

It's just sad that after all these years of failure it's the same underlying problem that $#@!s us up. Individual or collective defensive errors. If I was a forward for us it would deflate me to extremes seeing my team mates let in such soft goals on a regular basis.

Not only that though, we are struggling to score as well. We've had a decent run in he league before yesterday, I won't deny that, but we're still hit or miss at the moment.

Yesterday was just plain $#@! though. No matter how bad Wilshere, Walcott, Giroud, Arteta and the defense played - I still don't think we deserved to lose it lol. So I don't think we're a million miles away but many things need to be addressed. We've always been underachievers though, I guess..

Dedicated Member
    I thought we were the better team.

I think Rosicky banged Wenger's wife/daughter.

He needs to play more.

Jenkinson looked good.

I'm hearing we have the easiest the schedule from here on out compared to Chelsea and Tottenham but then again, nothing is easy for us.

I'm just admitting now but Wenger is not a tactician.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Best thing to come out of the game:

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/ga...iant-analysis/

Elite Guru
    Gary Neville is a top pundit. I find that I actually give a $#@! about his opinion as opposed to most of the others. Plus he retired not too long ago so his take on anything football holds more weight with me

--

Arsenal plan £8m summer move for Swansea captain Ashley Williams

Wouldn't be a bad acquisition imo. Displays a commanding presence whenever I've watched Swansea, something we most definitely lack

Apprentice
    Well done Liverpool! Very happy with that result but please make the most of the game in hand boys!

S. Vettel challenges on GT5- 3 Golds, all using DS3
    I think that makes me the best DS3 user on GT5 in the whole PSU, but I'm open to challenges

22. Likes Sleepy, DINAMO788 likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    How much of impact will it make of not Schweinsteiger and Ribery for the 2nd leg.

I hope Mandzukic starts again.

I don't if it was just me but until that fluke gol of his, he was nonexistent.

Is Gibbs back yet?

Elite Guru
    I totally forgot about this return leg until yesterday lol. Not looking forward to it all and they have enough depth to cover for Schwein and Ribery especially with their lead. They have no incentive to push for the goals as we do. They'll play to pick us off unfortunately.

But saying that, that could work in our favour - we prefer teams to sit back or play within themselves. We can then can pass them to death in front of their box. We are most uncomfortable when teams press and hurry us and give us minimal time/comfort on the ball.. so it's an interesting scenario

If we are fired up for this we can certainly make a game out of it but I'm keeping my expectations grounded

I hope Gibbs is fit and that Rosicky starts.

@the league - Was great to see Liverpool bring Tottenham back down to Earth, but they are now 2 points behind us and if we dont make our game in hand count we could be in a scrap for a 6th place finish - Swansea and Everton are always hard games.

My word, this season has been a tale of ups and downs for way too long. Would be nice to just get some results going again

nfsw

25. Likes Sleepy likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    This please:

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boy From School View Post
    This please:

Cazorla looked like a ghost on the wing last game. And theres no chance poldi is playing up top. Plus we has a minor injury, so who knows if he'll even play at all. not worth it to risk him for this game if hes not fit.

Elite Guru
    yeah I dunno how I feel about Caz on the wings yet. Rumour is Wilshere is out for this one? Idk if it's true, but if he is it makes it an easy decision to throw Caz in the middle again

Thread Information