Page 223 of 230 FirstFirst ... 213223 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,575 of 5732

Thread: Arsenal Thread

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I'm actually really excited about the Barca v Milan game lol. Should be a cracker. I reckon Barca will do them.

Oh and Jack . No Poldi either and Schez being rested.

Dedicated Member
    I'm hearing Jack might be out for the rest of season.

I won't be able to watch the game tomorrow live.

We are so depleted.

Fight.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    3 weeks is what they said. but its arsenal so...

Elite Guru
    I swear they said 3 weeks last time when it ended up being many many months >

Anyway called the Barca win lol. Messi's first was a stunner

Looking forward to the game tonight for some reason. Probably cos we haven't played in over a week : ). With what may be a completely different side to the first leg, I am hoping for a respectable performance. Go on you gunners!

Dedicated Member
    It's gonna be a very interesting mid we're going to field.

If we can score early, watch out.

COYG!

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quite happy with and proud of the team tonight. They did really well. I wish they bloody played that good from the first game.

In my opinion there were a $#@!load of decisions against us tonight, and there was no justification for Neuer if he has an excuse for jumping on the ball once it had gone in for the second goal.

Anyway, they did good tonight, but they should be doing this all the time, if not, mode bloody often.
    Can't fault them tonight, but Arteta have the ball away far too often for my liking.

Dedicated Member
    While I am happy that our guys fight back, I''m still feeling disappointed.

Our performance in the 1st leg really did us in.

Despite the score, they out possessed us and created more opportunities.

The latter has been a problem all season.

Now we can focus on clinching the 4th spot in the league.

I liked our backline today. I still prefer Verm over Mert though.

I want this from here on out:

Jenks - Kosc - Verm - Gibbs

Elite Guru
    They did have more chances but to be perfectly honest we were almost in with the ball that went to Giroud and he couldn't spin and shoot, also with when Gervinho produced a moment of Messi in the box but only managed to nudge it in that alley between our player(s) and the goal itself . Bayern looked timid as $#@! to me and we did very well to stop them playing through us which they easily do to like all teams. They missed Schwein/Ribery and we desperately missed JW. They probably caught in two minds on how to approach the game but I honestly thought they'd be more lethal and...professional than they were.

We weren't even all that brilliant lol, aside from the organisation and our shape which was top class. I can honestly sit here and say our midfield -> forwards passing could have and most certainly should have been better in a lot of areas and I think that would have made the difference - Bayern were there for the taking :/

Anyway really proud for the result. No shame in drawing Bayern 3-3 over two legs to go out on away goals.

Jenks and Kos - take a $#@!ing bow. Jenks is gonna be really good.

Felt Wenger should have taken Rosicky off and kept Walcott on the field.. we needed goals and Theo just needs a chance in most cases. Also, he wasn't offside earlier -_-

Much better than I could have dreamed of, reality is that we're out, but everyone kinda knew that after the 1st leg. So hopefully we kick on in the league with this performance. I love Verm and everything but he and Sczesney need to win their places back.. Even Sagna.

If we don't make 4th this year then $#@!ing shame. I love these big European nights.

Elite Guru
    Brilliant win. Swansea maybe not playing their usual game since their season is pretty much wrapped up - safety and a trophy - but on the other hand we played a great game particularly 2nd half. Can't remember Swansea having any threat towards our goal. We've maintained the shape discipline we saw against Bayern which is refreshing to see.

Kinda impressed with the result, and again, Jenkinson is gonna be some frickin player for us. This kid gives it his all. Cazorla MOTM by a mile. What would we do without him

Wenger got the subs spot on as Diaby was extremely disappointing. Ox was sharp though.

Dedicated Member
    Never thought I'd see Ramsey assisting Gervinho.

I think the Per & Kos pairing is proving me wrong.

I expect both Tottenham and Chelsea to drop points as the season progresses since they're both in Europa.

Elite Guru
    Chelsea literally have too much quality to drop out of the top 4 IMO, even with the self imploding tactics/management of Benitez. But Spurs... Oh Spurs...

Need to make our game in hand count big time now

Elite Guru
    I hate international breaks with a passion. Glad we get some Arsenal in on the weekend cos it's been forever

Anyway, feel really really bad for Diaby. His Arsenal career is effectively over with this one. Suppose we were all hoping he'd do a Van Persie when it came to overcoming injuries but it's looking bleak..
    Such a shame . Judging from past interviews from his team mates and Wenger, Diaby seems like a top bloke so yeah, a real shame.

In other news, a bit of smoke from the Jovetic affair. Why can't we throw together some more millionz and just get Cavani instead lol. Nah, Jovetic would improve us greatly but I feel this summer is going to be a bit of a crazy one so we'll see

13. Likes Sleepy likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Very convincing performance all round. Really enjoyed waching that game from start to finish...Did our job and did it well. Would have been nice with a clean sheet but oh well

Squad is looking strong despite no Jack and Abou.

Impressed at how sharp we looked after an international break.... and Chelsea dropped points. Our GD is one off of theirs and much better than Spurs. In the end, that counts as a point if we get on level with them.

Gerinvho was slick today. Could be SO much more productive when it comes to finishing a chance/move but he is so $#@!ing dangerous it's crazy. Glad he's kept his head up despite the stick he often gets and has found some good form.

Santi - breath taking. Great going into the last stretch of games with him looking this sharp

I'm well aware that this was against by far the worst team in the league lol, but can never be sure after international breaks. Anyway, on to the next one !

ps. Tony Gale is such a $#@!er. Despite being in the game for as long as he has been he comes out with the most cringeworthy commentary, ugh
    Last edited by Nitey; 03-30-2013 at 19:37.

Elite Guru
    Love? Well he is a damn good looking dude lol

He played well yesterday I thought. He's an untraditional striker in that most of his threat comes from his link up play - doesn't seem too dangerous running at people or with the ball at feet. He can frustrate immensely but yeah he was good yesterday!

Elite Guru
    $#@! this dead thread, but

This photo

It's too much

<3

17. Likes Sleepy likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    lol Nitey you're holding the fort by yourself. I think the rest of us are too disillusioned to post much

Rosicky looked more like his old self today. Had to laugh at Ramsey's miss

Dedicated Member

Things are looking good, guys.

20. Likes DINAMO788, Nitey likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Lol Cyn . Yeah Ramsey's miss was bad, the buildup to the chance was exquisite though

I agree Boy, the table is looking a lot more pleasing right now. Everyone wrote us off a few weeks back when the gap was only 5-6 pts? I was like, that's nothing, especially with as many games to go as there was - and now look . Just hope it all ends well

<3 Rozza. Gonna be interesting what happens next week when Wilshere and Theo are penned for returns. Gerv is playing well enough and Ox looks good whenever he comes on, and our MF chemistry is looking strong. So yeah, interesting to see what Wenger does

Also, despite our win yday I thought Wenger's subs were shocking. When going down to 10 - Giroud playing full 90 had me pulling my hair out - it seemed as though he couldn't have cared less. He took off Santi despite him being our only real outlet and was consistently winning us FKs whenever we cleared the ball out. Took off Gervinho despite no one else on the field having his pace meaning their defenders had very little to think about when playing against our 10 men. $#@! it though we won

Elite Guru
    Arsenal are in an increasingly strong position to sign Asmir Begovic this summer, provided they meet Stoke City’s valuation for their goalkeeper of around 15million.

Brilliant keeper to be fair. But 15m lol, I don't see us matching our record transfer fee on a keeper.

According to France Football, Bayern Munich are considering a summer move for Laurent Koscielny.

Fack off. They can have Mertesacker or Verm though. Kos is among our most valuable players as far as I'm concerned. He can seem rusty, but when he plays consistently he's undroppable, only injuries have held him back

Dedicated Member

24. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    *Phew*

3 points.

We all knew Norwich was going to score.

It was just that kind of game but our guys hung in there.

Sad to see Gervinho back to his usual self.

We need to replace him in the summer.

Wilshere is not good enough to play CAM at the moment.

Leave that spot to Santi and Tomas.

Good to see Verm back in action.

Giroud's play is so frustrating but he was involved in 2 of the gols.

I wouldn't have been mad if the linesmen didn't call that penalty.

That call could've went either way.

3rd place.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Nice poster!

Yeah, too bad about Gerv. He still was dangerous but $#@!ed it up just about every time. As bad as his touch around the keeper was to ruin an easy goal chance, i think him not passing it when we had rambo->giroud->Cazorla all available around him was worse.

take it easy on Jack, its his first game back to and he's clearly not in form.

Santi should always play middle if jack cant with Poldi on the left, almost by default. We saw that after the subs were made.

Dont credit his involvement with the goals too much as a sign of good play. He did his job on the second goal, that was a strong commendable effort. But he is nowhere near confident enough or good enough. All he has as his little first touch flicks. There is a mountain sized amount left to be desired from his game though.

We were VERY lucky to kind of steal this game. Also, the third goal walcott was clear offside.

Elite Guru
    Eh I didn't think we were unlucky. We certainly didn't deserve for it to end 1-0 to $#@!ing Norwich who were timewasting from the first minute. Glad gooners gave their keeper some stick after he began taking goalkicks much much quicker when they had to chase the game in the last few minutes. Ugh. And Holt constantly kicking the ball away a few yards here and there, or rushing to the ball when it goes out for an Arsenal throwin just to disrupt the play further. Ugh

Yeah Jack was rusty but I do believe we generally play better when Santi plays in the middle. But Ramsey is playing consistently atm so it's hard to play Jack and Santi together with Mikel. Hopefully this can be balanced somehow

I don't get the argument that "the linesman was a million yards away, how could he have given that?". Uhm, well it was the right decision in the end. I'd have been pissed had the linesman not spoken up. Koscienly got given a red for something similar against Man City earlier in the season. Doesn't matter who gives it, so long as the final decision is correct. The only thing with that goal was that perhaps it was not a corner to us. However, the FK that led to their goal was incorrect since their player fell over his own feet. So w/e

Third goal was offside, defo.

Unbelievably glad we won that. Seriously frustrating game to watch.

Ox maybe deserves a start. Hope Roz is back for Everton - he likes playing against them

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Eh I didn't think we were unlucky. We certainly didn't deserve for it to end 1-0 to $#@!ing Norwich who were timewasting from the first minute. Glad gooners gave their keeper some stick after he began taking goalkicks much much quicker when they had to chase the game in the last few minutes. Ugh. And Holt constantly kicking the ball away a few yards here and there, or rushing to the ball when it goes out for an Arsenal throwin just to disrupt the play further. Ugh

Yeah Jack was rusty but I do believe we generally play better when Santi plays in the middle. But Ramsey is playing consistently atm so it's hard to play Jack and Santi together with Mikel. Hopefully this can be balanced somehow

I don't get the argument that "the linesman was a million yards away, how could he have given that?". Uhm, well it was the right decision in the end. I'd have been pissed had the linesman not spoken up. Koscienly got given a red for something similar against Man City earlier in the season. Doesn't matter who gives it, so long as the final decision is correct. The only thing with that goal was that perhaps it was not a corner to us. However, the FK that led to their goal was incorrect since their player fell over his own feet. So w/e

Third goal was offside, defo.

Unbelievably glad we won that. Seriously frustrating game to watch.

Ox maybe deserves a start. Hope Roz is back for Everton - he likes playing against them
    Had the linesman not spoken up I dont think anyone would've though more than 10 seconds about the incident. Kosienlny's was a lot worse imho. Yeah you are right, it definitely was not a corner. I dont know what that linesman had on us winning, but the corner, the penalty, the nonoffisdes call on walcott for goal 3, all in our favor big time.

About Jack, I would honestly prefer for rovers Jack and Aaron to make the pivot and Santi be in the middle with Poldi on the left. Ideally I would play Ox on the right and theo up top, but thats only when we're not playing a team thats a goal up and have parked the bus.

About the PK, i thought he was clipped by gibbs, albeit completely unintentionally, but there was contact, no?

Elite Guru
    Kos's was definitely worse I agree. I still think it was a pen, just that officials usually turn a blind eye to it when they shouldnt - Got to get the players to cut it out some how. But yeah that linesman must have had a bet on us winning xP

I agree about Jack Ramsey Santi MF, looks great. Maybe lacking a bit physically, but we'd make up for it with tenaciousness I guess

From what I saw on the replay, the winger kicked his own foot as he was running and fell over. Might be wrong biut that's how it looked..

Thread Information