Latest PSU headlines:

Page 224 of 230 FirstFirst ... 214224 ... LastLast
Results 5,576 to 5,600 of 5732

Thread: Arsenal Thread

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Appauled we didn't win. Wenger should not have started both Walcott and Wilshere, who both need a few games to get back to their best - both seemed way off it. Rosicky surely should have started, but didn't even come off the bench... Zzz. Ox probably deserves a start too with his recent performances.

Everton defended brilliantly to be fair. Don't know what us fans have done to deserve a striker of Giroud's ability, or lack thereof, to be walking into our team week in week out. Disasterous. Been giving him benefit of the doubt all season but if I take my Arsenal goggles off for a sec, this guy just doesn't do anything meaningful. If we had a top striker like we did last season then I think we'd be in a much more comfortable position in the league than we are now

Fulham away next, which is always hard. 3rd looks far now since Chelsea has 2 games in hand

Apprentice
    I completely agree, when Giroud missed that sitter I was deeply unimpressed and I think everyone else in the pub knew that
    We need someone of proven quality in the PL. It's a shame villa look they are staying up now, even though I like them, as Benteke probably won't be on the market.

S. Vettel challenges on GT5- 3 Golds, all using DS3
    I think that makes me the best DS3 user on GT5 in the whole PSU, but I'm open to challenges

Dedicated Member
    What a rough game.

We'll see Lukas at ST.

Elite Guru
    Yah really strange game. It was unwatchable at times which is silly because we had 11 to their 10.

I will probably get called out for this (unlikely since no one talks in here anymore) since everyone was kinda **** - but ****ing Giroud, man. It didn't seem like we had 11 men for the entire game because this guys presence was lacking the whole game. One turn and shot is simply not enough. He's not solely to blame but defenders have to be on their toes and 'thinking' with Theo because of all his pace, and Santi on the other side because of his close ball control and passes. They must have a field day against Giroud. He stands about half the time

Like I said everyone was pretty **** which is super weird. We had 91% possession in the first 10 mins, then 80% possession like 20 mins into the second half and we did hardly anything with it.

Think Wenger will throw Gerv up front with Theo on right and Santi left, Wilsh or Roz middle with Ramsey and Arteta. Something is up with Poldi

When it's all said and done though, **** it. This game will just be looked back at for 3 pts which is what matters at this stage. Our form is a little worrying however, with Utd next.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    I think Wenger will use Gervinho too because thats what I dont want to see and the boss always seem to make less than adequate decisions. My favorite forward line was always Ox-Theo-Poldi. it was so fast and effective. But im really happy to finally see us play without G.

Sacker was a boss today. MOTM. Kos was second.

And again, this game as a pure sack of ****.

Apprentice
    I don't have particularly high hopes for this weekend. It will be interesting to see how Utd play now they've wrapped up the league, hopefully they will be too hungover
    The good news is Villa could create chances when they had a bit of possession last night and I'd say we have a better midfield than them
    Also RVP's 2nd was extremely annoying/familiar!

I think that makes me the best DS3 user on GT5 in the whole PSU, but I'm open to challenges

Elite Guru
    Nah you bet Utd will be roaring to go at the Emirates. They always are against us, and with the RvP factor they will be even more determined for him - seems like he's a favourite amongst his teammates already.

Anyway, we need Sczezny, Fabianski and Podolski to try and convince Lewandowski to sign for us ... yeah not gonna happen lol. Insane performance in a semi final.

Dedicated Member

Lewa in a Gunner jersey..fap, fap, fap.

Sadly he is going to join Gotze in Munch.

The Bundesliga has become a monopoly.

Dedicated Member

Dedicated Member

Apprentice
    I like that picture but once is enough

Elite Guru
    Lol triple post, ****ty forums

That Wenger smile is jokes

Apprentice
    After this week I've realised just how good that dent in Bayern's form was from us!
    More importantly, we really shouldn't drop a point from our last 3 games, 3 clubs in the relegation battle and QPR are already down because of their players who really just don't give a toss. The only problem is Wigan, we play them at the end of every season and they beat us to stay up Luckily it's at home.
    I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm supporting Man Utd this weekend

14. Likes The Boy From School wishes they had posted this first.
    Dedicated Member
    Sorry for the triple post.

I blame the site.

Anyway...I think we win and win big tomorrow.

PS: Come back, Nitey.

Apprentice
    Cracking performance last night. I was really worried when we didn't put 3 past them in the first half hour. Then their goal was about as predictable as Rafa Benitez's impending departure, which only got me more worried for the first 10 minutes of the second half. Great idea by Wenger to get Jack ready to come on; it really scared the guys into thinking "****, we need to start playing here, he's for emergency use only" and it worked. Cazorla turned back into God mode after that, legend!
    Anyway, the news on the net today is if we win by one goal and Chelsea draw having scored 2 less than us (i.e we win 2-1, they draw 0-0, we win 3-2, they draw 1-1 etc) we will have a play-off against them for 3rd at a neutral venue. Could be Villa Park just down the road from me but we need to secure 4th first!

17. Likes Nitey , The Boy From School wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Guru
    Go on Arsenal. Wrap it up tomorrow.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    phew

Dedicated Member

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Spongebob Squarepants pants. Epic

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Happy st. Totteringhams day everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. Likes The Boy From School wishes they had posted this first.
    Dedicated Member
    Gunner of the Year?

25. Likes Nitey , DINAMO788 wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Guru
    What was it? "There is a power shift in North London" . Deluded ****ing spurs fans, media and "pundits". Even if we didn't get that final CL spot, how does their best season ever in PL (coincided with our worst) suggest there is a power shift in North London when they couldn't even zoom past us - let alone win some trophies and consecutively quality for CL football for 16 years. MUGS.

When their dumbass fans celebrated a "rumoured" newcastle goal - it pretty much sum them up. That along with the following tweet from their official account:

"Arsenal have beaten Newcastle 1-0, so we finish fifth in the Premier League on 72 points, a record total for us in the PL. #THFC #COYS"

Lol

--

Well done Arsenal. Rough season really, lots of ups and down but with the players and competition in the league this year, it has to go down as one of Wenger's best - no joke. Gary Neville was saying post match that our net spend over the past 10 years has been 9m. No other manager could have accomplished what Wenger has with that lack of financial power, honestly. Thrilled that we got 4th spot as there is suggestions that the financial restrictions placed on Wenger are going to be ousted - I doubt it but we will see . And also a lot of deadwood will probably be moved on this summer.

I say that because Wenger has been ruthless since the turn of the year, compared to his usual self. He's dropped the club captain, he dropped our no.1 keeper, he dropped wilshere at one point, he gave Walcott his CF role while negotiating contracts but threw him out wide right after it was signed () - Hopefully this ruthfulness is apparent in the transfer window.

Woop woop

Edit; Oh btw it's great seeing Kos getting the plaudits he deserves. Loved him since the first day

Last edited by Nitey; 05-20-2013 at 00:00.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Was hoping arsenal would win...only because i don't want spurs to gain champions league football, so bale will potentially move to united. Marquee signing defo this season.

Apprentice
    After Bale scored and Theo missed that sitter I was looking at our potential Europa League rivals next year call me pessimistic. I was a little bit disgraced with the performance though, especially the first half; we have the quality to put them to the slaughter (for reference, they were lucky to only concede 7 at The Emirates) but only got 1 scrappy goal and let them come at us over and over. It was just creating unnecessary anxiety and pressure, but the 2 centre backs were good enough (at both ends of the pitch ) to see us through.

Just a big name signing and getting that monkey-faced Welsh so-and-so out of North London will be a good enough summer for me.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Samuel ‏@samuelj29060
    Arsenal supporters trust meeting currently taking place. #AFC have 70m to spend on fees alone, not on fee & wages. #GreatNews
    Have a bang on that

Last edited by Nitey; 05-21-2013 at 16:29.

Thread Information