Page 225 of 230 FirstFirst ... 215225 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,625 of 5732

Thread: Arsenal Thread

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Hannah Ralph Hannah ‏@paraguayralph
    If Cazorla was a Premier League team he would be in the top half of the table for successful through balls. Wow
    Ohhhhhhh Santii Cazooooooorlaa

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Fantastic end of season form by us. Sp*rs bottled it with their best team they've ever had in the Premier League. We need to spend the money now to challenge for some titles. (as we say every summer)

Elite Guru
    Hey Firefox

That's the thing though, Spurs didn't really bottle it at all. They had their best run of games at this end of the season, ever. I think we topped the form chart after they beat us at $#@!e hart lane, and they were 3rd in the form table behind ManU. Only a few points in it. We just simply played championship level form for the remainder of the season after that defeat at theirs. Spurs did fine, we just did that much better - which was incredibly hard to predict after that loss

Huge, huge credit to Wenger and the boys. Goes some way in explaining the 'over celebration' at the end

Elite Guru

5. Likes Firefox, Molo316, Sleepy likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Anyone here have any deep thoughts about the rumours that we're lurking around Wayne Rooney?

I don't think it'll happen - not ever. A player of his standard, getting paid a bucket load of money for too long, and winning trophies... He would never want to come to a club that won't pay out ridiculous amounts of money and aren't guaranteed by a long shot to win trophies.
    Would I want him at the club? Well, he'd certainly be a great asset on the pitch in terms of his quality, skills and attributes, but if he can throw a strop whenever he wants, that's the sort of thing any club would want to avoid, and we sorted that when we got rid of Adebayor and Song.
    It's 50/50 with me to be honest.

Would we even benefit a great deal if Fabregas came back? Surely that would mean Wilshere or Ramsey having to take a back seat, and Wilshere as we all know is pretty darn great already and will surely only get better, and Ramsey played great at the back end of last season.

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Would love to have Rooney in the squad. Even with his whining, our squad needs an experienced winner, and a national squad player from a big league like him.

There is definitely some substance in the Higuain rumours and we definitely are interested in him but Juventus might be getting him.

As for Fabregas I would never reject his return even if it hindered the playing time of our younger players. Wilshere is still young but Fabregas is just world class.

Last edited by Firefox; 06-10-2013 at 06:26.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    I want Higuain #1. If Cesc leaves, we better get him. If ManU somehow does, im going to kill someone (maybe Gazidis).

Also, Props to Dortmund for holding Lewy to his contract because he only wanted to go to BM. They have the balls and guts that our administration lack.

Elite Guru
    Agreed about Dortmund^

For me Higuain is number 1 too. The guy is just emphatic and would do well in a possession team like us.

Nothing needs to be said about Cesc except yes please =P. With them having signed Neymar it could be a TINY possibility, but doubt it.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Higuain isn't as good as some think IMO (neither him or Benzema should be starting for a team like Madrid) but he's just about the best striker we have any chance of getting, so I hope the rumours are true.

I hope even more the Fellaini rumours are true....

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Apparently Madrid are now saying that they want 50 million for Higuain (can't remember if it was in pounds or euros).

Anyway, if they're actually going to be $#@!tily serious, I'd leave it. He's a little injury prone, but we could do with him, but that price is ridiculous!

There's also talk of us being linked to Marouane Fellaini, and he's keen to move to London, but we don't want to pay his 23 million release clause.
    I remember others here saying that they would love to have him in the team, so I'm going to guess that this news pisses some people off. Also, this is great for our proposed vision of Gazidis of "going forward".

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Fixture list is out. We've got Aston Villa at home on the opening day, and Norwich away on the last day.

Full Arsenal fixture list on Sky Sports

Notice that in December, we've got Everton at home, then City away, and then Chelsea at home...
    As well as that, we've got Liverpool away and then Man United at home in February.

Oh dear...

Dedicated Member
    I don't think Higuain is significantly better than Giroud.

I don't rate him or Benzema at all for that matter.

We do need more attackers though.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    crazy_gooner
    Higuain is fookin class. Prime years ahead, proven and IMO better than Benzema.

Benzema requires the team to play around him, Higuain ie a hard worker. A great finisher, good technique and quick.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

15. Likes DINAMO788 likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boy From School View Post
    I don't think Higuain is significantly better than Giroud.

I don't rate him or Benzema at all for that matter.

We do need more attackers though.
    You are crazy. He is top class, and such a proven finisher it's ridiculous. You can't even compare him and Giroud. Benzema is also extremely talented.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Strong talk now that we're getting Higuain - that he's agreed personal terms and Madrid are just waiting to appoint a new manager before the deal is finalised.

I read in the Metro (free London newspaper) that Usmanov is urging Wenger to also make a bid for Wayne Rooney.

If this happens, I will be very content. It would show that we're finally taking steps and signing players that can produce stuff for us, rather than signing somewhat "unknown" guys who we know nothing about and are hit-and-miss.

DO IT!

Apprentice
    Hey! The metro is free nationally
    Either Higuain or Rooney will satisfy me completely as it will finally show we are capable of spending money and hopefully get us back into that position at the top we are capable of.

S. Vettel challenges on GT5- 3 Golds, all using DS3
    I think that makes me the best DS3 user on GT5 in the whole PSU, but I'm open to challenges

Veteran
    If we were to sign Higuain and Fellaini we'd be contenders for the league. Even more so if we got Jovetic and a new keeper too

#wishlist

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by adamp93 View Post
    Hey! The metro is free nationally
    Either Higuain or Rooney will satisfy me completely as it will finally show we are capable of spending money and hopefully get us back into that position at the top we are capable of.
    Ha ha! My bad! I hardly ever go out on of London

Dedicated Member
    "My fear is that if Real don't want him, you are coming in under that," Adams told The Sun.

"If you want to compete with Real Madrid, you don't get their cast-offs. You need the best players in the league to win the league."
    http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football...uit_90369.html

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Sky Sports just casually mentioned in a report that we've met Fellaini's 23 million release few clause.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Molo316 View Post
    Sky Sports just casually mentioned in a report that we've met Fellaini's 23 million release few clause.
    I wonder. We must remember that the hacks get away with so much misinformation regarding Arsenal in the summer because the club never responds to rumours. I do really want Fellaini here, he's basically exactly what we need in midfield. But that is a lot of cheddar for a holding player.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I wonder. We must remember that the hacks get away with so much misinformation regarding Arsenal in the summer because the club never responds to rumours. I do really want Fellaini here, he's basically exactly what we need in midfield. But that is a lot of cheddar for a holding player.
    Agreed. I often don't tend to buy much into something unless I see several, credible media outlets reporting a story.

It is, but I guess that's the sort of money clubs can demand now since the market was ruined some years ago with big money transfers on certain players. Even wage packets are ridiculous today.
    It'll be promising though if we did sign him, since he's such a presence. At least it would also show some intent because he's an established player with PL experience, rather than signing some half-unknown.

Dedicated Member

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    I do like that away kit. Much better than the last purple one.
    I had heard it was going to resemble the yellow one we had when we went through the unbeaten season, and it is very similar. I'm pleased - still won't buy one though.

What do people think of the apparent Suarez bid?
    While you can't deny he's a quality player, he's a $#@!, and I wouldn't want him at the club because of it. I'm sure he'd cause so many problems down the line and it wouldn't be worth it in my opinion.
    Invest the apparent 30 million into another equally as good, or better player who is not [as much of] a $#@!.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Rooney? Or do we not have much of a chance of getting him anyway?
    Be Together - Not the same.

Thread Information