Page 226 of 230 FirstFirst ... 216226 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,650 of 5732

Thread: Arsenal Thread

Love that away kit, similar to the 2003/04 away kit, loved that as well.

I think Suarez although a great player, needs a lot of the focus to be on him, and while we do need a prolific goal scorer upfront who can add that moment of class, the amount of trouble he causes on and off the pitch, I'd prefer Higuain or Rooney tbh.

I thought Giroud done pretty well considering it was his first season in a new country and club. A lot of fans expected so much from him.

Dedicated Member
    ^Agreed totally and welcome to PSU.^

Who the fvck is Yaya Sanogo?

I read Gervinho and Chamakh aren't on the Asia tour.

Are they on their way out?

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Word is that Manchester United have made a bid for Fabregas - it's even on Sky Sports.

A few things:
    - Do you think he would go there if he were to leave Barca?
    - Do you think we could actually do with him? Rather than just invoking our 50% buy-back clause and preventing a rival from signing him?
    - If he came back, how would you play the midfield?

Dedicated Member
    Robin & Cesc both in a United kit, together.

I can't.

I don't think he'll go to Man Utd, he said if he ever comes back to England to play, it will be for Arsenal. I think we should buy him, he's a magician in midfield and although didn't have that great a time at Barca, is still the player he was when he left in 2011.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Well if he did come back to the Premier League, but went to a club other than Arsenal, would he get the same reception that Samir Nasri does?

Although he won't have gone from Arsenal to a direct rival, like Nasri or Van Persie, if he's said that Arsenal are in fact his other club, why should be have special treatment?

Not saying anyone has indicated that, but if that were to happen, and people didn't feel distain towards him, that would be the pot calling the kettle black.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Having Cesc back would be great. Would love a striker to go with that though.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    So... I laughed my head off when I heard that we bid £40,000,001 for Suarez

I'm impressed that we're actually following through and looking to spend f*cking big money (for us) on good signings. I've expressed my concern about a Suarez deal because I just feel he'll cause so much trouble down the line, but I cannot get away from the fact that he is a hell of a player who will surely grab us a load of goals, and we could really do with that!

Apprentice
    Fenerbache in the CL qualifier, I'm not too bothered by that as we should dispose of them quite easily but I would have liked a team I've never heard of like Celtic got. At least it's not AC!
    While I'm bumping the thread a bit I'll ask you guys something:
    Who actually wants Suarez? While he is a fantastic player and actually proven in the PL, do we need someone that will get banned left, right and centre for various stupidity?

S. Vettel challenges on GT5- 3 Golds, all using DS3
    I think that makes me the best DS3 user on GT5 in the whole PSU, but I'm open to challenges

Dedicated Member
    We're not acquiring the Uruguayan so don't worry.

It would've been hard to root for the guy.

I would've like to seen us draw my boy Carlos Vela and Real Sociedad.

That would've made for an exciting matchup.

Where's Nitey at?

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    I read/heard that we're renewing our interest in Rooney again since we can't get Suarez, but also that we're going to put in another bid for Suarez. I reckon we'll get neither.
    Haven't heard any hindrances about the potential Luis Gustavo deal though. We'll still need a striker who's set to get us about 25 goals a season though.

I read that Van Persie said Rooney was one of the reasons he joined United. After reading that I felt like we should get Rooney to spite him
    But as I've said many times (if anyone's taken notice) I could just never see why Rooney would want to sign for Arsenal.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    So another year of mediocrity and hoping to stay in the Top 6 then gents?
    Be Together - Not the same.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Only one game in and it feels like it's going to be a long season already.

On paper you would have expected us to win, but I naturally told my workmates that it wouldn't surprise me if we blew it.
    People were getting excited when we beat City in that friendly last week, and my first reaction was that "when it matters most, we won't do it".

Please don't get me wrong: this isn't me just hating on Arsenal because they lost today. This isn't me just being a troll to the club. This is me stating my opinion after watching and assessing the way they've carried themselves over theist few years that I can pretty much foresee how it's all going to go.

Like one video I saw in reaction to the match today, if we go and blow it on Wednesday [and in the second leg], then grinding out wins to get into the top four was completely pointless! We made it in by the skin of our teeth, and that should have been the incentive to go out there and really strengthen the team. Sure, we can't force clubs and players to sign for us if at least one of the parties don't want to play ball, but we should have made proper chases for a variety of strong players, because it's not like no big players haven't been available.

There's talk that Monaco might have to sell Falcao already. If there's any truth to that at all, I will be disappointed of we're not even linked to him. But then, that could also just be a smokescreen and that could be used as an excuse to say "look, we tried..."

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    I don't even want to think about Arsenal right now. It is so, so sad that we are going in to another season robbed of any optimism that should be every football fan's right in August.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    crazy_gooner
    Absolutely disgusting whoever is managing us like this with transfers. Whether it be Wenger or Gazidis and Co.

They'll have a lot to answer to in October unless serious signings are made.

Should have bought Fellaini when he had a 15 mil release clause, should have paid 30 mil for Higuain and bought Cesar from Qpr.

All we're available and could have been completed by beginning of August easy.

Instead we put all eggs into a Suarez basket that was always going to be a losing battle. Maybe because we sell our best players to our rivals Wenger thinks everyone else will.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 4

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_gooner View Post
    Absolutely disgusting whoever is managing us like this with transfers. Whether it be Wenger or Gazidis and Co.

They'll have a lot to answer to in October unless serious signings are made.

Should have bought Fellaini when he had a 15 mil release clause, should have paid 30 mil for Higuain and bought Cesar from Qpr.

All we're available and could have been completed by beginning of August easy.

Instead we put all eggs into a Suarez basket that was always going to be a losing battle. Maybe because we sell our best players to our rivals Wenger thinks everyone else will.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 4
    The problem is Wenger, he's in charge. And Napoli bought Higuain for like 40M

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    double post.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    crazy_gooner
    Quote Originally Posted by DINAMO788 View Post
    The problem is Wenger, he's in charge. And Napoli bought Higuain for like 40M
    40 mil euros for Higuain, that was with add ons though, we could have paid it.

The board are to blame. Too much is given for Wenger to do and he has too much control. We miss David Dein dearly!

As an ex shared season ticket holder, I'm glad I don't go anymore. One I can't but it's because we pay the highest prices and do not reply invest. Fans would be. Much happier if we showed desire to invest, trophies come later. What has our Arsenal become...

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    You've got rid of umpteen amount of players - effectively allowing a wage restructure, (the likes probably needed for players like Cèsar, unfortunately); you've got the highest season ticket prices in the land, and you're now into the last two weeks of the window, with a paper-thin squad which is already stretched by injury - how they hell did it come to this? Someone's gotta be held accountable. Gustavo, Higuaín, Jovetic, Rooney, Bernard, Cèsar, Suarez have all effectively alluded Arsenal; think Wenger and the board need to realise that a war chest is there to be spent not idly looked at, and sometimes you've gotta pay over the odds to acquire the talent necessary to take your respective club to the next level. Especially in this window where every player under the sun is inflated to kingdom come. I'd be quite fearful of Arsenal's hopes of securing top-four if things remain the same.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Apprentice

PSN ID
    crazy_gooner
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave View Post
    You've got rid of umpteen amount of players - effectively allowing a wage restructure, (the likes probably needed for players like Cèsar, unfortunately); you've got the highest season ticket prices in the land, and you're now into the last two weeks of the window, with a paper-thin squad which is already stretched by injury - how they hell did it come to this? Someone's gotta be held accountable. Gustavo, Higuaín, Jovetic, Rooney, Bernard, Cèsar, Suarez have all effectively alluded Arsenal; think Wenger and the board need to realise that a war chest is there to be spent not idly looked at, and sometimes you've gotta pay over the odds to acquire the talent necessary to take your respective club to the next level. Especially in this window where every player under the sun is inflated to kingdom come. I'd be quite fearful of Arsenal's hopes of securing top-four if things remain the same.
    If we don't sign anyone we will finish 5th I reckon.

Heavy rumours going around we've bid 25 mil for Lars Bender and approached Herrera from Bilbao. Both good players I'd take but we should have activated Fellaini's 15 mil release.

I'd now go for Begovic from Stoke, Micah Richards from City, he would come as he isn't playing and is an Arsenal fan, Bender/Herrera and a striker..

We should have even gone for Gomez from Bayern, was available and is a goal machine.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Fellaini's release clause was a lot more than £15m. But yeah he's the midfielder we should be signing. If we had a sane manager

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Yeah, I've been impressed with Fiorentina's business this window - stark contrast to Arsenal. Heh. Begovic is absolutely fantastic, difficult to measure how much it'd take to pry him away, what with Butland there, too. Herrera's achievable, as is Richards and less so, Bender - he's rated ridiculously highly and Bayer are building a very decent squad, much like the aforementioned Fiorentina actually. Nobody acting on Fellaini's clause was a real oversight and pretty stupid at that - I presume he was more of a back-up for teams if their initial targets weren't bought, even so it's still fairly silly that it wasn't acted upon.

Apprentice
    The situation we find ourselves in with injuries is quite farcical now. A CL qualifier tomorrow without Verm, The Ox, Arteta and probably more with no worthwhile cover is ridiculous. I think we can all agree our current squad isn't good enough for 4th, even after Bale's impending departure, as proven by a woeful display at the weekend! I'm still not calling for Wenger's head yet but he does need to pull his finger out.

S. Vettel challenges on GT5- 3 Golds, all using DS3
    I think that makes me the best DS3 user on GT5 in the whole PSU, but I'm open to challenges

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    I'm pissed off with Wenger having a go at the fans for getting on his back. The fans fork out at least £40 for a home ticket and buy all the merchandise at top prices. I think that throwing in all this money towards the club (from an individual's point of view) for almost 10 years [without a trophy] allows fans to be more than vocal and critical of the way their club is run.

After all he accomplished with us in the past, it pains me to say this but I really think Wenger, or at least some other $#@!er should move on! The big question would then be who do we get as a credible replacement? Enough is enough though. Even if we win tonight and indeed qualify for the CL, I highly doubt we'll win anything. For a club that's supposed to be considered as one of the "top" clubs in England, settling for a top four finish each season is diabolical!

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Ticket prices are extortionate and now he's vilifying fans for not being happy with what frankly looks like panic buys; perhaps if he had swallowed his pride and just paid the prices required earlier in the window then people wouldn't be so vocal about the business model or his acumen. The Cabaye bid reeks of a panic buy, much like the Mertesacker and Arteta bids of last, (granted the latter worked out very well.)

Thread Information