Latest PSU headlines:

Dedicated Member

Folklore, Swamp of Oblivion. help needed

if you haven't played up to this part, dont read on.

I'm on the swamp of Oblivion playing with Keats. At the part where I choose to go either to swamp or the other place. Well once i go down spiral platform that brings you to the entrance to swamp where there are some under water citizens and the doctor, you're at a save spot and go go on. well the first room i come to has a barrier in front of it. even after defeating all the enemies it is still there. what am I missing? the pause screen says I need to defeat the folk and save Herve, but can't continue.

BabeBro
    Wow, what's wierd is I didn't think you used Keats to save Herve at the swamp. He sends Ellen to save him and Keats ends up fighting the Folklore. Try not going to the swamp and heading towards the Folklore to see what happens there.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BabeBro View Post
    Wow, what's wierd is I didn't think you used Keats to save Herve at the swamp. He sends Ellen to save him and Keats ends up fighting the Folklore. Try not going to the swamp and heading towards the Folklore to see what happens there.
    Actually, I think you can choose which to do with whatever character you play as first.

OP: I played as Ellen first and choose to go after Herve in the swamp with her. I don't know what to say about Keats.

Thanks, Yip-Man, for the SP!

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dnut24 View Post

I'm on the swamp of Oblivion playing with Keats. At the part where I choose to go either to swamp or the other place. Well once i go down spiral platform that brings you to the entrance to swamp where there are some under water citizens and the doctor, you're at a save spot and go go on. well the first room i come to has a barrier in front of it. even after defeating all the enemies it is still there. what am I missing? the pause screen says I need to defeat the folk and save Herve, but can't continue.
    Actually you get to choose the first time around, at the dialog where Ellen and Keats talk at the entrance. If you played with Ellen first and went one way(swamp or palace), then when you play with Keats afterward you must go the other way. Maybe you made a choice at the dialog, went to the save point and then when you came back you went the wrong way. If you go the wrong way it will be regular folks, when you go the right way it will lead to the level's folklore (Brigantia).

Make sure also that you talk to the doctor.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Need0fOne View Post
    Actually you get to choose the first time around, at the dialog where Ellen and Keats talk at the entrance. If you played with Ellen first and went one way(swamp or palace), then when you play with Keats afterward you must go the other way. Maybe you made a choice at the dialog, went to the save point and then when you came back you went the wrong way. If you go the wrong way it will be regular folks, when you go the right way it will lead to the level's folklore (Brigantia).

Make sure also that you talk to the doctor.
    yes, exactly. i played 1st time around with Keats, and chose to go to swamp. After that point i can't go where Ellen went and I must continue down to swamp. once I enter, you're at a place where citizens are and the doctor. you have a dialog about go saving him. i continue, save and power up. then 1st room i go to heading towards the folklore, it is blocked. i beat all the folks, get a crystal that appears with life and thats it. i've backed track and nothign else works, can't switch to Ellen until i beat the folklore, wtf is going on??

I think there might be a 2nd exit in that first room that's blocked. Check to see if there is. I have the game myself but haven't played it since it in months, but I think there is a 2nd exit in that area you're talking about.

Superior Member
    yes, exactly. i played 1st time around with Keats, and chose to go to swamp. After that point i can't go where Ellen went and I must continue down to swamp. once I enter, you're at a place where citizens are and the doctor. you have a dialog about go saving him. i continue, save and power up. then 1st room i go to heading towards the folklore, it is blocked. i beat all the folks, get a crystal that appears with life and thats it. i've backed track and nothign else works, can't switch to Ellen until i beat the folklore, wtf is going on??
    Sorry to hear that. I played as Ellen first and had her go to the swamp to save Herve and used Keats afterward to go to the Palace. So I didn't try your case.

If you kept different save games, do you have one before the fork choice? Then maybe try the other choice since you are on the first pass (first character). I know, not the best option.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    I think there might be a 2nd exit in that first room that's blocked. Check to see if there is. I have the game myself but haven't played it since it in months, but I think there is a 2nd exit in that area you're talking about.

i guess I could check that, but the map doesnt show it. Its basically you got either North or South. South is where you enter from where the Dr is and North is being blocked by the magic barrier.

i saved on save files, so i cant revert back...

Superior Member
    i guess I could check that, but the map doesnt show it. Its basically you got either North or South. South is where you enter from where the Dr is and North is being blocked by the magic barrier.

i saved on save files, so i cant revert back...
    Sorry for the delay, work was hectic yesterday.

I went and looked up the guide for you. The start (a non-fighting room where the fork choice dialog occurs) is really more like a corridor turning on itself that leads to the palace and to the swamp. The corridor starts with a save point, as you proceed around the turn you get to an entrance (north), this leads to the Palace. If you continue going around, at the very end you get to a second much smaller entrance, this one leads to the swamp.

The very first room when entering the swamp is roughly shaped like an hourglass. You enter from the south at the bottom of the hourglass. You proceed through the thin neck and end up at the top of the hourglass. That section of the room has a large entrance at the north and a smaller one on the right side (east). If the north is blocked, you must go east.

The very first section of the hourglass is described as having 2 Selkies and 2 Afrancs. Then you fight 3 Aughisky. After defeating all 7 of them, you take the east exit.

In the next room, you will need to defeat the enemies and then go east again. Once that is done, then you can come back to the first room (hourglass) and the north path should be open now.

So basically once you enter the swamp as Keats, you must go east, east, west (come back one), west (come back one), north (from the first room).

Apprentice

This EXACT thing happened to me a few months ago when i was on this level

This was my post on the issue many months ago...

http://ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=105055&page=9

I couldn't fight the boss and was running around the underwater stage like a headless chicken until i discovered 1 thing.

Check your Picture book and LOOK at EVERY folk in the picture book to make sure u have them.

I killed ever folk in the swamp level but when i checked my picture book there was i pic of 1 folk i hadn't collected (Ogma i think) and he was in the fairy realm. I had to leave that undersea/swamp level and go to where that folk was i needed and i obsorbed his ID then when i returned to the swamp the barrier was gone.

So check the picture book properly coz chances are u haven't collected someone from a previous real who is needed to defeat the folklore in the undersea/swamp stage

Hope that helps

Superior Member
    Catashtrophe above has a very good point. To defeat the Folklore as Keats , the folks listed are Selkie, Ogma, Excedra and Gargantua.

Dedicated Member
    thanks for that info NeedofOne, i did not see any east rooms on the map, just north, so i must've missed that and i'll check that out. i'm pretty sure i have all the folks for the boss, from the pic i see, but if its not open i'll check back and make sure like Catashtrophe said.

Dedicated Member
    are you guys sure it's ogma? i dont have it, but the ones listed in the pic book looks to be Excedra, Gargantua, Aughisky, and Treant.

The barrier is still there and there is no east to go to, only North at this entrance. maybe it is Ogma, i dont have it. guess i'll try to find that one now.

Dedicated Member
    ok went back, it wasn't treant after all, it was ogma, they look so alike on the drawings. thats the one thing i hate bout the game, i mean i know they're trying to make it more difficult, but the drawings are very vaque. but thanks alot guys!

Thread Information