Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style

Error Code 8002A548

I have just bought the playstation eye and whenever i use the chat function i get disconnected from the playstation network!
    Error Code 8002A548.
    But playing online the mic works fine and i have not been disconnected from COD4 at all.
    Any ideas or help please would be wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Apprentice
    just a question, is the ps eye wireless ?

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    No it plugs into one of the usb ports

Apprentice
    and will it work fine as a mic from 2 meters away ?

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    yeah.
    is this going anywhere?

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    come on guys somebody must know the reason this happens?

modus
    Are you on a router? If you are, try enabling UPnP and if you can't do that try putting your PS3 in DMZ.

The error code is a network problem.

I have both of those and I still get kicked out of the PSN, and now it won't sign in at all after I enabled the DMZ

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    what NAT type do you have, am also having problems but its COd4's ****ty ass servers thats ****ing me up! it keeps on disconnecting me from the psn but burnout online/madden works perfectly

C.T.E.
    This is your error.

8002A548 - Unable to remain logged in - either to game or server

I use this site for when I have an error.

http://www.ps3rips.com/?p=25

I have been having this same error for the last few days now, but only with Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars. All other games work perfectly online. I bought the game under my wife's PSN account on my PS3 upstairs. Both PS3's have our account info on them. On the downstairs model, I also have a sub account. Only my account has problems on the downstairs PS3. On the upstairs PS3, the game works on all accounts. I have tried disabling UPnP, but that did not help ( I read this from the offial boards). The game even works on my subaccount downstairs, which is under my Master account that has the problem. This error is definitely associated with this game, as no other problems have happened. I have a 60GB launch PS3 and have never had any other issues. I am on FW 2.42 and my PS3 is wired directly to my router.
    I own COD4, MotorStorm, THP8, R:FoM, Oblivion, Dark Kingdom, Enchanted Arms, MK II, QBert, Ch. Sprint, Gauntlet II, Blast Factor, Super Rub'a'dub, Lemmings, Go!SportsSki, Go!Sudoku, Go!Puzzle, Gripshift, Super Stardust, Home Beta, Piyotama, High Stakes on the Vegas Strip, LocoRoco Cocoroccho, Everyday Shooter, Warhawk, Auqatopia, Creature Feature, Pain, HV Bowling, ToT, Mesmerize. EdMoney on PSN

ERROR CODES GALLORE!!!

Here are a few Error Codes I get often.

8002A548 (??)
    8002AD23
    80710102 (DNS Error)

SONY advised me to phone BELIKN,
    I did that, changed some Router settings, STILL the problem remains....
    Phoned SONY again & was told to open DMZ on Router, did that, STILL problem remains.

I NEVER had this problem with my 1st PS3 which was replaced due to it not reading Disc's anymore.
    The PS3 I have now is a 60Gb RE-FURB' Replacment from SONY.

I feel I have done everything I can with connections and my only option I want to try is another Replacment PS3, just to clear my mind of aby doubt that its not the PS3.

BUT - IF ,, there is anything, ANYONE can suggest I could try then I would apprechiate the suggestions.

Thanks for your time, CavinRovi.

ERROR CODES GALLORE!!!

Here are a few Error Codes I get often.

8002A548 (??)
    8002AD23
    80710102 (DNS Error)

SONY advised me to phone BELIKN,
    I did that, changed some Router settings, STILL the problem remains....
    Phoned SONY again & was told to open DMZ on Router, did that, STILL problem remains.

I NEVER had this problem with my 1st PS3 which was replaced due to it not reading Disc's anymore.
    The PS3 I have now is a 60Gb RE-FURB' Replacment from SONY.

I feel I have done everything I can with connections and my only option I want to try is another Replacment PS3, just to clear my mind of aby doubt that its not the PS3.

BUT - IF ,, there is anything, ANYONE can suggest I could try then I would apprechiate the suggestions.

Thanks for your time, CavinRovi.

Superior Member

disable upnp on your router and your ps3. this worked when nothing else would...dmz, port forwarding, etc.

strange
    Games owned: Uncharted 2, MW2, MAG, LBP, Burnout, NHL 2k, Rock Band 2, Warhawk, Madden

Superior Member

disable upnp on your router and your ps3. this worked when nothing else would...dmz, port forwarding, etc.

strange
    Games owned: Uncharted 2, MW2, MAG, LBP, Burnout, NHL 2k, Rock Band 2, Warhawk, Madden

UPnP is NOT-Enabled anymore (!) ... but it was before I opened DMZ.

I got home from work last nite and changed connection wire between Router & Modem which I was advised to do from my ISP.
    First time I did this, NOTHING happened, I couldn't even get Internet (!?),,,,,
    anyway, I took that lead out and replaced the newer one that camer with the Router,
    after doing this, I had NO PROBLEMS all Last Nite.... hmmmm...

I still got to see if I am trouble free this morning, fingers crossed I am!

The funny thing is, even tho I selected to "ENABLE" UPnP on my PS3, it just would NOT do it with the DMZ setting.

Superior Member

upnp and dmz are in different locations on you router. under system settings on your router there is a separate setting for upnp.

Hello my first post here....

I allways liked sony consoles therefore i have bought them all, and the impression that i always had is that they worth every penny...
    Sure sony will sort this out with a future firmware update, dont bother messing around with router config, forward ports upnp dmz etc...
    I realized that this error occurs maily....

because somehow the wireless connectivety of the ps3 is not stable, throwing us out of the psn when trying to download larger stuff and or playing online in some games. why some games not all (good question) I think it may be associated with the online structure of the game it self and this depend if we are being hosts or joinig other user matches. this some how is not properly managed...

after trying almost every single router setting i realized that i do have an XITY360 crap box. and there the wireless works fine with standard settings so this make me conclude that the problem is the ps3 network it self....

i wired the ps3 and it seems that all the problems ended.... faster download rates and just rarely disconnections form psn with the game resitance.

Just to add, i am in UK and i have a belkin G+ router.

SONY PLEASE WORK A BIT HARDER....i Hate wires... my room looks like a snake nest!!!

Same problem here

I too am seeing this problem with my Belkin N1 Vision router so I went out and bought a LinkSys...same problem.

If I plug the PS3 directly into the modem I have no problems and getting NAT 1 as expected. Now plug the router into the modem and the ps3 into the router and getting timeouts connecting to psn or constant disconnects with this same error code. Tried everything i've seen on many many posts with this problem: Port forwarding, DMZ, disable media sharing, disable upnp, changing mtu, wired/wireless, static dynamic ips...everything i can find but with no luck.

Anyone have the answer???

Thanks for reply oxbo ,,, but,,

the UPnP option is ENABLED on my Router but it wont do it when I select it on the PS3.... however,,,
    I was told by SONy that UPnP doesnt matter when your using DMZ....

....(but to be honest, I was talking to someone that did not sound to confident in what they were on about!) =s

More Info

So testing my two different routers I gave up on the LinkSys WRT54G2. Here is my testing (with UPnP and Media sharing OFF):
    1) Plugged Ps3 directly into modem...everything looks good NAT1 connect to PSN looked solid
    2) Wired Ps3 into router ... Belkin N1 Vision connected no problem no need to port forward nothing...worked solid right away (NAT2)...LinkSys failed to connect to PSN...tried DMZ port forwarding everything...gave up on LinkSys focus on Belkin.
    3) Wireless connected PS3 to Belkin router...everything still looks cool.
    4) Connected my vista box to the network (without media sharing on)...still looked good.
    5) Turned media sharing on for WMP (media sharing and UPnP still disabled on PS3)....blamo...PSN timeouts and disconnects.

Looks like this has something to do with WMP 11 (Vista???) and media sharing...even with PS3 media sharing/UPnP disabled. I thought UPnP was disabled on my router but in fact it was on....I will try this same procedure with UPnP disabled on my router to see if it makes a difference...must reset router to factory defaults for it to connect to PSN again tho...will post results.

Happens to me when I'm playing Resistance 2 Co-op... I'm trying to get mines fixed but some of the posts here sound too well educated for me lol...

Master Guru
    I am still getting this.... Sony are useless with there codes, they don't even know what they mean.

I think thats the same code i was getting, I was playing mirrors edge about 45mins ago and it keeps disconnecting me from PSN every 10mins and i sign back in and it just signs me back out 10-15mins later, anyone know why :s ?

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysium09 View Post
    I think thats the same code i was getting, I was playing mirrors edge about 45mins ago and it keeps disconnecting me from PSN every 10mins and i sign back in and it just signs me back out 10-15mins later, anyone know why :s ?
    The PSN is having some issues right now. I am having the same problem no matter what game I am playing. I had it happen in HOME as well. Maybe they are getting ready for an update. Hopefully a fix for the SOCOM lag......

Thread Information