Ebooks, CBR, CBZ etc. How to play them on psp slim?

I have 3.71 m33-4 and i cant find any app that reads CBR ebook files. they all have errors when tryin to open. Pspcomic, Pepviewer, manga2psp do not work for some reason. Do they work on old psp's? please help me find a viewer for psp slim.
    PS3 60gig
    Resistance, Warhawk, Guitar Hero 3, Call of Duty: 4, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Dead Space, Little big Planet

Superior Member
    Items Vita
    Are you sure that you're using the correct kernel for the homebrew? Most of my ebook readers need to be running under 1.5, so go into your recovery menu and make sure that the kernels match. ( I know that's a noob answer, but that's the first thing I thought of )
    Professional assassination. It's the highest form of public service. - Chiun

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    gusgus is correct. Also put the application in the correct folder, GAME or GAME150

By the way PePviewer does not read CBR, CBZ files. In order to use it you have to extract the images inside the cbr with winrar.

PSPcomic is the only one that reads CBR, CBZ files and iRShell which uses PSPcomic as a plugin.

I extract my comics from the cbr with winrar and put them in folders on my psp and use pepviewer simply because the image quality is perfect and its faster and it feels more solid.

For ebooks in txt and pdf go for BookR.

Whatever you are using always go for the latest version.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Super Elite
    BookR didn't work for me when I tried, so I gave up eventually, lol. Kept giving me an error when I ran the program. Same one you get when your games don't work. Had everything right: folder, kernel, etc. Anywho, wasn't a big deal to me so I just gave up after a few days of trying,
    White Pelé

Quote Originally Posted by Demiant View Post
    BookR didn't work for me when I tried, so I gave up eventually, lol. Kept giving me an error when I ran the program. Same one you get when your games don't work. Had everything right: folder, kernel, etc. Anywho, wasn't a big deal to me so I just gave up after a few days of trying,
    Thats whats happening to me, the Comicviewer app starts but gives me an error right away. I have them in the correct folders and everything. i have a game inserted in the umd slot. I can still play my other back up iso's with no errors, but when i start these apps they jus dont work.

Does me having a psp slim have anything to do with it? I never installed a 1.50. Just used pandora battery and put in 3.71.
    PS3 60gig
    Resistance, Warhawk, Guitar Hero 3, Call of Duty: 4, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Dead Space, Little big Planet

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    In which folders do you have the applications in and what kernel are you using?

Ehm.. I just saw that you are on a CFW on a slim. You cannot install 1.50 kernel on a slim PSP thus you cannot run most 1.5 kernel applications.

Furthermore there is an loader for the slim that loads all the applications that require 1.5kernel.

You can find eLoader here:
    http://dl.qj.net/eLoader-v1.000-PSP-...4570/catid/151

And keep an eye out for the 3xx version of homebrew, most used applications have already been ported over so check this out, you might have the 1.5 version when you can get the 3xx which will run on a slim easily.

Super Elite
    I have a Slim. I have 1.50 kernel. 'Nuff said.
    White Pelé

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Quote Originally Posted by Demiant View Post
    I have a Slim. I have 1.50 kernel. 'Nuff said.
    You epically fail at arguments and constructive posting. "'Nuff said".

Now seriously, there is NO 1.50 kernel for a slim that you are claiming that you have.

But if you do somehow have it, please feel free to enlighten us, but I highly doubt that you can.

Super Elite
    Not much to "enlighten"... go to Recovery Mode and change your kernel to 1.50.

I have CFW 1.73 M33-4, so there's a possibility that, M33-4 being the 4th update of the 1.73 CFW (or so the number '4' would have you think... not sure), that Dark Alex included the eLoader in the original 1.73 M33, thus making it one of the four updates.

Again, not sure at all but I'm just stating I had nothing to install on my PSP after M33-4 in order to have kernel 1.50.
    White Pelé

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    I see. Well to be honest I know none that made a slim compatible with 1.5 kerner.

The fact that you can set an option in the recovery does not mean that it works.

To back up what I am saying I will quote Mathieulh one of the main figures behind DAX's custom firmwares.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulh
    Yes, hibari.prx has been fully reversed and coded for the 1.50 kernel that's why. Theorically we could now add 1.50 kernel support to the slim (which could handle about 90% of 1.50 homebrews) but we finally chose not to.

Why ?

For several reasons here they are :

- Porting reboot.bin patches for every kernel in order to run 1.50 is a real pain (although it is still being done for the FAT psp, we have no way to know if sony wont find a definitive way in the future to prevent such a thing.)

- The 1.50 kernel does not allow the use of the extra ram on slim, is not optimised for slim in any way, does not allow the video out (and we do not plan on reversing dve.prx to do so)

- Devs should have switched to 3.xx kernels ages ago, the psp slim is a good opportunity to force them to.

- The 3.5x kernels are optimised for slim and have been improved a lot, thus those are now faster than the over 2 years old 1.50 kernel. Not to mention that the 3.5x kernels allow the use of the 32MB of extra ram available on slim.

- disallowing the 1.50 kernel on slim will allow future improvements of the pspsdk for later kernels.

- there is allready the eloader from noobz for people that want to play nonupdated emulators (such as pspgen emu for megadrive)

- there is (for now) a private ongoing project called the utopia project that may render the use of SCE kernels for homebrews pretty much obsolete. You will know more about it in due time.
    Link of the quote : http://lan.st/showthread.php?t=1525

Super Elite
    I've had my Slim about a month now (never had the fatty), so I'm not trying to come off as a PSP know-it-all, quite the opposite. I have no clue why I can choose 1.50 kernel.

EDIT: I just checked and the option to switch the kernel actually says "GAME FOLDER HOMEBREW" and then you toggle between kernels, so it probably has nothing to do with the actual 1.50 itself. If that's the case, my apologies.
    White Pelé

Thread Information