Forum Elder

PS3 Pre-Order Questions

Since this is pretty pointless, I wanted to ask this here. I run the risk of being harrassed about not doing my 'searching', blah blah at the PS3 Discussion. I did search, and found nothing.

Anyways...

If I put down a deposit to pre-order the PS3, will that deposit also go towards the final price? Or do I have to pay that, and still pay the full ammount when it's shipped?

Also, would you say $50 is a good price for pre-ordering this beast? What should I expect?

Thanks for your time...

Forum Guru

Why can't you just call the place you want to pre-order from and ask them? Since people on this forum don't even know where you want to pre-order from and stores have different policies, you're not going to get much of an answer.

And yes, it's been posted before. The official thread is here: http://ps3forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=10257
    Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge at you because you are a vegetarian.

Forum Sage
    It all depends on the company you pre-order from. THe most sensible (and you're getting jipped if they don't do this) is that the deposit you put down should count towards the price of your PS3.

If it doesn't...well..then your down an extra amount of money.

Just ask your store. But currently, most stores I know don't even have a call list yet.

P.S. Thanks for putting this in the General Chit-Chat section.
    "It's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace.

Of course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free, 'cause then they're gonna
    get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are." ~Easy Rider (1969)

Forum Elder

Thanks for the responses. I was just wondering about this because I don't want to put down a deposit to get the pre-order slip, and still have to pay the full price later on when they finally get them in. I guess you could call me cheap, but that's the price of a game. I'd feel used if that was the case.

I guess it does depend on the store i'm ordering from. This is my first time pre-ordering, and I wasn't sure on what to do, or expect.

Also, there are stores taking pre-orders, like EB Games, and whatnot. I searched google, and on other boards, i've seen some members talking about their situation. So it's safe to say you could pre-order the PS3 if you find the right stores.

Again, thanks for your time.

Thread Information