Page 309 of 334 FirstFirst ... 299309319 ... LastLast
Results 7,701 to 7,725 of 8342
    Elite Sage
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2
    Who the $#@! was running around wearing number 9?!

Quote Originally Posted by Kopkiwi View Post
    You're watching a different player Xelis. Carroll's attitude lately has been much improved. He busts an absolute gut, he chases back, in fact you can often see him defending late in a game if we hold a lead. His hold up play has been excellent and his touch has been very very good.

Getting rid of him in the summer now that he has started to come good, after sticking with him all season would be BEYOND thick.
    This is the Carroll that has failed to turn up all season. He looked hungry and actually moved faster than a gentle jog.

Its a shame Liverpool have to go behind to start playing may as well kick off every game with a handi-cap.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Carroll still should have buried that header!!! Great first goal. Played better than Suarez!!

Disappointing but lets hope we get players that strengthen our team.

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    flying high up in the sky, we'll keep the blue flag flying high, from stamford bridge to wembley well keep the bluu flag flying high.
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelis View Post
    Who the $#@! was running around wearing number 9?!

This is the Carroll that has failed to turn up all season. He looked hungry and actually moved faster than a gentle jog.

Its a shame Liverpool have to go behind to start playing may as well kick off every game with a handi-cap.

Carroll has been great since the Newcastle loss. That day he got a kick in the ass that made him forget about everything Newcastle and put everything he has into being an LFC player. Not only has he been great since then, but he's been one of our best players (and that's NOT just a reflection of how $#@! everyone else has been, but that he has actually been that good). But today, he completely won me over. He lifted the team and damn near took us back into it all by himself if not for a stellar Cech save. He will come good.

Kenny got it all wrong today. Carroll should have started the match. No reason not to. Spearing was complete $#@! v Fulham and it carried over into the final.

That said, I still think he'll get another year to show what he can do with us. If he makes the choice himself to step down, that's a different story.

When you walk through a storm, hold you head up high.
    Last edited by Shibby; 05-06-2012 at 06:51.

Elite Sage
    2 years ago I never thought I'd be saying this, but we are missing Lucas. Up until his injury he was our destroyer guarding our back 4 and breaking up the opposition play which if Gerrard wasn't injured at the time would have allowed him to get forward, instead I see Gerrard too deep too often and I thinks it's due to him not trusting Spearing and Henderson to do their jobs.

Master Poster
    2 years ago I never thought I'd be saying this, but we are missing Lucas. Up until his injury he was our destroyer guarding our back 4 and breaking up the opposition play which if Gerrard wasn't injured at the time would have allowed him to get forward, instead I see Gerrard too deep too often and I thinks it's due to him not trusting Spearing and Henderson to do their jobs.
    Dont play him. KD main problem is his selection/ I would not trust Spearing and Henderson. Both played terrible IMO, not LFC quality.

Hopefully they prove me wrong.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    Dont play him. KD main problem is his selection/ I would not trust Spearing and Henderson. Both played terrible IMO, not LFC quality.

Hopefully they prove me wrong.
    The problem is who else is there? Adam is injured and someone else I don't think is fit to wear a Liverpool shirt, Lucas also injured. We were playing all our available midfielders yesterday, sure Carroll should have started but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Im on the fence with Kenny, he has pedigree and passion but I don't know if he's cut out for the job anymore. But on the other hand I don't want Liverpool to be one of those clubs (Chelsea) that changes their manager more often than not.

Veteran
    The problem is who else is there? Adam is injured and someone else I don't think is fit to wear a Liverpool shirt, Lucas also injured. We were playing all our available midfielders yesterday, sure Carroll should have started but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Im on the fence with Kenny, he has pedigree and passion but I don't know if he's cut out for the job anymore. But on the other hand I don't want Liverpool to be one of those clubs (Chelsea) that changes their manager more often than not.
    Not completely hindsight. I had a bad feeling as soon as I saw the teamsheet without Carroll on it.

And of course we're missing Lucas. He's been the first name on the teamsheet for the past 2 years now. This season has been going downhill since losing him.

Power Member
    Right, I've had a good few days to calm down and I resisted the urge to come in here guns blazing. Instead I am going to talk about every player, their performance and their contribution, finally my thoughts on Kenneth. This may be long, I apologies, but sht, I have to talk to someone and you buggers are the only ones who care as much as me

Reina - Less than average match to complete a less than average season. Dare I say it, but do we look at someone who can come in and replace him? Someone to put the fight back into him, he has had it pretty easy for 4-5 seasons with no comp. He seems to have gotten lazy. His positioning for the Chelsea goal was woeful. First rule of keeping is protect your near post. He failed. It cost us.

GJ - Wasn't his normal threatening self going forward, however looked solid at the back and Mata didn't really get the better of him at any stage. For god sakes would someone please try him at RW. We have no other options and insist on playing a CM and ST there, why not a RB with a real attacking threat? Wont do any worse and he might fkcing come off.

Skittles - So long the rock at the back for us this season, unfortunately his pathetic attempt at blocking Drogbas pretty weak shot was woeful. Looked settled in the air and again calm with the ball

Agger - As always class at the back with the ball, however got pulled out of position to often by the roaming Mata. Anyone else reckon he would make a great DM? Why not I say? Great with the ball, hammer of a left peg, dominate in the air.

Enrique - Just what in the fkc was that? Woeful for the first goal and useless with the ball, sometimes I wonder if he understands the game? The first ball is generally the best ball, it's like he has the urge to beat everyone at times. Alas a great season, capped by a poor Final

Spearing - Terrible, absolutely bloody terrible. The match for me that confirms he isn't PL or LFC quality. His poor judgment cost us the first goal and his ability to get turned by the fat, over weight $#@! that is Lamps for the second illustrates his defendisve short commings. Gone in the summer. Offers us nothing in any area of the pitch

Downing - Neither here nor, wasn't bad but wasn't threatening. Put in 2 or 3 great, dangerous balls but our slow and lumbering midfield couldn't be fked getting on the end of it.

Bellamy - Where the bloody hell are ya? Brilliant all season and then doesn't show up for the biggest match, not good enough. Was disappointed in his performance, guarantee he is too

Henderson - Hmmmmmmm. Calm with the ball, but that's about it. Why does he so often look back or sideways? He has shown on a number of occassions that he can provide a brilliant, defense splitting pass, WHY DON'T YOU DO IT MORE BOY!!!! The talent is there, has the potential to be an Anfield great, if he himself believes he can.

Gerrard - Wasn't bad, wasn't great. Just average. For so long I waited for him to step up and grab the game by the scruff of it's neck, but he never did. He did...nothing. No lung busting runs, no thumping drives. The game just...passed him by

Suarez - Offered nothing until Carroll came on, not his fault. Was never going to do anything against Terry and Ivanovic, every time he dropped to ge tthe ball one of them could follow knowing no one was running in behind. Got swamped.

Carroll - He started, we win. Simple. Was utterly fkcing brilliant.

Kenneth - Kenny, Kenny, Kenny. I feel you will fall on your own sword. Your poor tactics and team selection ultimately cost us that Final. Not playing Carroll was a mistake from the beginning. Leaving Spearing on for so long, even worse. Shelvey needed to be alongside Henderson with Gerrard able to push forward with Suarez and Carroll in front.

I recently red his autobiography and I couldn't help but think, here was a manager ahead of his time. Willing to try, willing to change up. Willing to put a player in a different position and getting the best out of him. Different tactics and so on. Alas it seems the game is now ahead of him.

I so badly want him to be the manager that takes us back to the top, the one who returns us to our former glories. As much as anyone I want him to succeed. But I just don't think he will and it kills me to say it.

Phew. Done.

Elite Sage
    Agreed with your summaries of all the players. The question is how would you fix it in the summer?

Personally I'd put my priority on a clinical striker, someone like Hernandez that is happy to sit on the bench but will score nearly every chance he has.

Then I'd clear out the midfield and start again, Spearing, Adam, Kuyt, Maxi, Downing gone, maybe keep the cheapest wage package for the bench then bring in a young DM that can cover Lucas, and proper, pacey wingers not midfielders that are stuck out on the right or Downing that never has a plan b, just runs then cuts inside definitely look at giving Sterling and Suso a lot more game time. The defense is solid was the best in the league till Christmas.

I would focus on having Gerrard further up the pitch were he can do the most damage, everytime he is forced to play deep he looks average at best.

Oh and STOP buying over priced English "talent". I do take pride on having English players in the team but not to the extent that it hinders the clubs progression.
    Last edited by Xelis; 05-07-2012 at 19:07.

Veteran
    I'm cool with buying English "talent" as long as they are actually talented. Johnson and Hoilett (I know he's Canadian, but still home grown) would be two great wing purchases if we can get them.

Adam and Downing can stay (unless we can move them on for a good price) as long as they (and Kenny more importantly) accept that they are squad players at best. Moreso Downing. Our midfield with the additions of Elm and Ramirez may be too crowded to keep Adam even as a squad player.

But yes, quality cover for Lucas may be top priority, right up there with striker. I'd like to see maybe Diarra.

Hope Kenny shows us that he still has it next season. I think he'll still be around unless he makes the decision himself to move on.
    Last edited by Shibby; 05-07-2012 at 18:34.

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Xelis, read my rep message.

As for English players, they are far too overpriced unless you buy young.

Master Guru

get rid of spearing.....he has had too many chances.

Liverpool have a good team, unfortunately it is just not good enough right now. I rate Maxi - i dont know why he doesnt start more.

Henderson, i agree the talent is there but its taking a very long time for him to settle. Give him one more season.

This season for Liverpool has just been littered with what could have beens.
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

Veteran
    Think Maxi hasn't been playing because it's the last year of his contract and it's been widely reported that he's going back to Argentina after it's up. And I guess Kenny would rather give Henderson the playing time as he'll be here for the foreseeable future.

It makes sense but I don't agree with it at all. Should always be playing the best team, and Maxi has shown time and again that he is a part of ours.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
    Xelis, read my rep message.

As for English players, they are far too overpriced unless you buy young.
    I never actually thought about that...

Veteran

didn't think it was that bad during the match. but wow. that's as deliberate as it gets. potential leg-breaker. gets off with a yellow.

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post

didn't think it was that bad during the match. but wow. that's as deliberate as it gets. potential leg-breaker. gets off with a yellow.
    Same here, terrible tackle, one of the worst ive seen that did not get a red.
    Could have so easily ended Carroll career, FA should do something about a tackle like that.

Also, HAHAHAHAHHAHA, Suarez made Terry like like a player whos never played football before.
    Last edited by LfCpS3; 05-09-2012 at 14:15.

Veteran
    Shelvs The swaggiest swagerrific swagalicious player around. Also, bye bye Maximiliano

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyFewty View Post
    Shelvs The swaggiest swagerrific swagalicious player around. Also, bye bye Maximiliano
    and Dirk probably

Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    Also, HAHAHAHAHHAHA, Suarez made Terry like like a player whos never played football before.
    even Carroll got a nutmeg in on Terry lol. He found a little but of time to get away from dominating Ivanovic just to do it hahaha.

anyone else think Hodgson will be taking Carroll to the Euros? Not just because he's been playing really well, but he fits the style of play.
    Last edited by Shibby; 05-09-2012 at 18:29.

Elite Guru
    Items CoD: World at WarEA SportsActivision Logo360 SlimModern Warfare 3
    LOL at Downing missing the penalty.. awful season for the poor guy.
    Liverpool seriously upped their game yesterday, impressed. However Terry did help you by playing incredibly $#@!.

#CoolCoolCool

Veteran
    new kit revealed.

Last edited by Shibby; 05-11-2012 at 01:21.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Material looks soft

Veteran
    I think it looks good. But it's one that will have very divided opinions.

I need to stop adding pics to the post, this page is about to end... lol

Veteran
    video of the photoshoot

really like that the liverbird logo and warrior logo are proper embroidery and not the iron-on crap adidas and nike put on a lot of their shirts.
    Last edited by Shibby; 05-11-2012 at 02:20.

Master Poster
    Items LiverpoolModern Warfare 3
    I think it looks brilliant, better than man utd's tea towel kit haha plus being as it warrior its different from every other kit in the league.

"Raise your weapon, one word and it's over"

Thread Information