Latest PSU headlines:

Page 312 of 334 FirstFirst ... 302312322 ... LastLast
Results 7,776 to 7,800 of 8340
    Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Andre Villas Boas I would take with open arms if I was a Liverpool fan. On top of my wishlist for future manager of Arsenal is Jurgen Klopp personally.

2. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Wouldn't mind him. Fits FSG, back when they first took over they said they wanted to put in a young and long term management structure. AVB's lack of success at Chelsea doesn't mean anything, he was just too young to compete with the Chelsea egos and as usual didn't get on with Roman. But if we're talking about a wish list is Guardiola at the top of mine.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
    Andre Villas Boas I would take with open arms if I was a Liverpool fan. On top of my wishlist for future manager of Arsenal is Jurgen Klopp personally.
    Same here!

Elite Sage
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    WTF is this $#@!? I hope we're not going to become the next Chelsea by going through more managers than I have hot dinners! Hope we manage to appoint some one good, been having a rough few years recently (IMO We stared going down hill as soon as we sold Xabi Alonso) Martin O'neill would be my manager of choice, if he wasn't already tied up.

Edit: On an unrelated note. What the $#@! is Roy Hodgesons problem? Why is that old codger even a manager. He has picked such a poor side.No Lennon, No Sturridge and No $#@!ing Micah $#@!ing built like a tank Richards. And to throw more salt in the eyes he takes the $#@! of a human being that is John Terry over Rio? What a massive bellend. I disliked him when he was at Liverpool and i dislike him even more so now. I hope everyone is ready for another pitiful campaign.
    As much as I hate Terry he's still a good defender, I would like Hodge to play a Johnson, Terry, Cahill, Cole back four as 3 play together regularly. Taking Lampard is a waste of time, Rio is $#@!ed he can't even play for United so taking him would be stupid, Downing is useless a winger with 0 assists, amazing, Walcott is extremely hit and miss. Glad he's taking Ox-Laid though and that's about it.

I would have taken more risks in my selection, but he's gone with the same $#@! that has been piss poor for the last decade.

Regarding Liverpool, I'm glad Kennys gone I could bare to watch him waste more money in the transfer market, I'd take Rafa back, Martinez i wouldn't cause he's just going to be another Roy, but as least we'd win the last 5 games of the season, AVB no idea I like his idea for building a young squad I would have liked to have seen how he'd have done if the childish egos weren't there. Dream manager, Pep or Mourinho. Bilbao and Dortmunds managers are highly rated but I can't really judge them.

Veteran
    Kenny refused compensation, saying to put the money toward transfers.

I'll miss him. Hope he'll still be involved with the club in some way. As an ambassador at least.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post

I'll miss him. Hope he'll still be involved with the club in some way. As an ambassador at least.
    Might be behind the times in terms of management, but his heart is definitely at the club.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelis View Post
    Might be behind the times in terms of management, but his heart is definitely at the club.
    well that was never, and will never be, in doubt.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post

What a lad.

Veteran
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...d-hotseat.html

Liverpool target managers from Pep Guardiola to Roberto Martinez and Brendan Rodgers to fill Anfield hotseat

Liverpool have compiled a list of as many as eight potential managers, including Pep Guardiola and Fabio Capello, as the search for Kenny Dalglish’s successor gathered pace at an extraordinary rate on Thursday night.

Another bewildering day at Anfield began with managing director Ian Ayre outlining the broad criteria for a new manager and ended with a who’s who of candidates from the top of the European game to the lower positions of the Premier League.

A conference call including club owner John W Henry, chairman Tom Werner and Ayre, formulated a staggering array of names including Guardiola, Capello, Jürgen Klopp, Frank de Boer, Andre Villas-Boas and Didier Deschamps.

The pursuit of Guardiola is staggeringly ambitious, but Liverpool are engaging in a reshuffle at Anfield which is expected to restore a Spanish influence. Reserve manager Pep Segura has been earmarked for a technical position with the first team, and the club are also keen on finding a role for former Barcelona sports chief Txiki Begiristain. Liverpool are also preparing to meet managers who have only recently started their coaching career.

Wigan’s Roberto Martínez and Swansea’s Brendan Rodgers are among those Henry wants to meet and official approaches were made to their clubs on Thursday night.

Martínez’s chairman, Dave Whelan, confirmed an approach within minutes of the request being made by Liverpool.

Liverpool
    on Thursday night emphasised there is no preferred candidate at this stage, and it is unclear how many of those pursued will be interested in a move to Anfield.
    Earlier, Ayre suggested Liverpool’s status as one of the world’s elite clubs will be jeopardised if they fail to appoint the right successor to Dalglish. He refused to rule out the possibility of Martínez and Rodgers joining more illustrious names as part of the recruitment process. Within a matter of hours the first moves had been made.

Liverpool fans expecting a young, up-and-coming manager from a top European league were astounded when Whelan confirmed an approach to Martínez. They will be reassured by some of the other names under discussion, but there is a danger of the process appearing to be haphazard. Henry appears to be set on a course of allowing an orderly queue to form for the manager’s post. “It is about a whole cross section,” Ayre said.

“If you box yourselves into a corner you can only speak to three or four because they only fit a particular profile. You have got to have a more open mind about what you will consider and what you will look at. Then you assess everybody. Then you find the right person to fit in with the plan.”

Liverpool know they can ill afford another recruitment mistake as they look for a revival of Premier League fortunes, but fears are being expressed about the level of advice the American owners are receiving.

The new man faces an arduous task to restore former glories at Anfield. Jamie Carragher has suggested it could be another generation before Liverpool win the league title and stressed that the priority for the next manager should simply be to get the club back into the top four.

With Liverpool having finished seventh, sixth and eighth in successive seasons, Carragher underlined that there must be realistic expectations of the next manager. “When growing up, Liverpool were so dominant,” said Carragher. “Now we’ve almost got a whole generation of Liverpool fans who have not experienced being at the top. It’s still so ingrained in the club that the championship is what you need to be fighting for.

“At times it does get more difficult when a Chelsea come along with Abramovich and then Mansour comes along with Man City. I’ve been in the team 15 years and we’ve only challenged for the title a couple of times, which is not what we’d like.

“But, at the moment, I don’t think the title is in everyone’s mind, I think top four first. Let’s try and get back in that top four as quickly as we can and then once you cement your place, you establish yourself and go again.”

Asked if he feared that Liverpool might have to wait another generation to win the title, Carragher said: “You never know in football. I don’t think we’re the type of team that could just go out and spend £200 million like City can, and you’ve virtually guaranteed yourself a good chance of winning the title. I think we have to build a little bit slower than that.”

Meanwhile, Dalglish on Thursday night thanked Liverpool fans for their backing. He tweeted: “Overwhelmed by support of the fans. Always been special but even more so now. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. YNWA and I never have.”

Veteran
    Items Firefox LogoPS3 SlimUser name style
    Brendan Rogers turns down approach from Liverpool... ouch

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by yourmumsface17 View Post
    Brendan Rogers turns down approach from Liverpool... ouch
    Phew, probably realised the job was too big for him.

Master Sage

14. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Veteran
    If we're aiming for CL places, I think we need to aim for someone who has CL experience so that once we get there, he knows the pressures of that.

Veteran
    Frank de Boer is apparently our #1 choice. He's reportedly taking the time to consider the option.

Veteran

Master Sage
    23 years ago... If anyone here has been a Liverpool fan since the 80's or had parents talk about this match it's worth revisiting.. best season finishing game probably ever. RIP David Rocastle. (1967-2001)

(yes sad ending for you guys but you won the league a year later so cheer up..)

Last edited by Firefox; 05-26-2012 at 18:09.

Veteran
    not old enough to know the pain.

Ablett too.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNyxZhgJvD8

WHY THE HELL did we get rid of him?

He is so perfect, legend!

Veteran
    It's Rodgers, apparently.

Clarke remaining as assistant, van Gaal as director of football, and Pep Segura being promoted to technical director.

^^^ None of this is confirmed by the way ^^^

Rodgers is a good manager, and van Gaal can make him even better.
    Last edited by Shibby; 05-29-2012 at 18:37.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    So...what do you think?

Brendan Rodgers is the new #LFC manager. £4-5 million compensation on a 3 year deal

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Veteran
    I like him. Obviously wasn't my first choice with all the suggested names out there, but the move makes sense. Plays good attacking, possession football (Swansea were 10th in the top European leagues in possession among all the big names). He's was a very young coach under van Gaal before, and van Gaal's star pupil Mourinho took him under his wing, so I think he and van Gaal will have a good working relationship, assuming he is actually going to be confirmed as director.

Veteran
    Okay well Brendan Rodgers was unveiled as the new boss today.

Good appointment, need to give him time.

Rumors that Txiki Begiristain will be brought in for some front office role.

Elite Guru
    Will be interesting to see how he does. Rumours he's in for bringing Sinclair, Ashley Williams and Sigurdson (hijacking the deal basically) from Swansea! Squad shake up incoming?

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Will be interesting to see how he does. Rumours he's in for bringing Sinclair, Ashley Williams and Sigurdson (hijacking the deal basically) from Swansea! Squad shake up incoming?
    Apparently he cannot buy any swansea players for 12 months.

His interview was very well done, gave me some confidence in him and hope he succeeds, now all we can do is hope that FSG give him enough money to buy the needed players.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    Apparently he cannot buy any swansea players for 12 months.

His interview was very well done, gave me some confidence in him and hope he succeeds, now all we can do is hope that FSG give him enough money to buy the needed players.
    Nor does he seem like the type that would go and raid his former club anyway. I wouldn't want Sinclair anyway. We have a 17 year old version of him in Sterling that will likely flourish under Rodgers. If we're gonna go for a clever, pacy winger, we can get Hoilett on a free. Joe Allen is one of their young midfielders we've been linked with since last year.

Priority transfer targets for me are Gaston Ramirez and Moussa Sissoko.

Thread Information