Page 321 of 334 FirstFirst ... 311321331 ... LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,025 of 8342
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Sterling is gonna be BIG. It's a shame the burden that will rest on his young shoulders as your squad is quite thin up front

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    You did catch us out in 2 good counter attacks but both could have been easily avoided, mistake from Gerrard was just stupid and Reina should have easily saved that, still good shots.

We outplayed you throughout the game but we typically outplay many teams but still lose, as we don'y have a ******* finisher...

SO infuriating.

We NEED to get someone, heck i would be ok with Owen coming back!

We defended pretty well, midfield was also pretty good too, but our attacking was toothless, heck Shelvey had a better game than Gerrard and posed more of a threat...

Still a pretty bad performance.

Sahin has probably gone like a year since he last had a full time match, he is clearly not match fit, Sterling and Allen did very well though, Borini is being wasted.

Hope Assadi is match fit soon.

Our biggest problem was shown today, if we don't have a full firing Gerrard or Suarez, we are ******.

I still have belief in Rodgers.

Elite Guru
    Wouldn't say you outplayed us. Our first goal came from a Gerrard misplaced pass right outside our box, and our second could have been better handled by Reina but it was a good shot, like you said. Similarly, all/most of your good moments towards our goal was due to misplaced passes from our own players- Mert and Jenkinson come to mind. Other than that you lot looked void of ideas in the middle to be honest. Our defensive unit is looking a lot more solid and didn't really mind you having possesion in areas where you looked blunt, hence the 53% possesion to Liverpool [expected at Anfield though ]

Thought your midfield would have done a lot better than it did, but Diaby turned up so it wasn't to be.

The Sky commentators mentioned during the game that Liverpool have won 23 games against Arsenal at Anfield, and Arsenal have won 23 games against Liverpool at Anfield. 24 to 23 now. Was never aware the Arse had an impressive record like that at such a place..

Anyway, Pool fixtures aren't getting any easier either, so good luck! Sahin will play a lot better when he's got more minutes under his belt. Looked rusty this afternoon

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Wouldn't say you outplayed us. Our first goal came from a Gerrard misplaced pass right outside our box, and our second could have been better handled by Reina but it was a good shot, like you said. Similarly, all/most of your good moments towards our goal was due to misplaced passes from our own players- Mert and Jenkinson come to mind. Other than that you lot looked void of ideas in the middle to be honest. Our defensive unit is looking a lot more solid and didn't really mind you having possesion in areas where you looked blunt, hence the 53% possesion to Liverpool [expected at Anfield though ]

Thought your midfield would have done a lot better than it did, but Diaby turned up so it wasn't to be.

The Sky commentators mentioned during the game that Liverpool have won 23 games against Arsenal at Anfield, and Arsenal have won 23 games against Liverpool at Anfield. 24 to 23 now. Was never aware the Arse had an impressive record like that at such a place..

Anyway, Pool fixtures aren't getting any easier either, so good luck! Sahin will play a lot better when he's got more minutes under his belt. Looked rusty this afternoon

With a team is transition, quite a few new players, playing in a whole different style and having such difficult opening games is not going to work out well.

I was also surprised at how good Arsenals record is towards us at our ground, made the defeat understandable haha.

We really could have done with Dempsey, someone who can attack well.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Yeah we've always had a good record at Anfield, it's probably our best away ground amongst the other big clubs

I thought there'd be a couple more goals in the game, it was little more cagey than I expected. Think we got a bit lucky when Mertesacker had hands on Saurez in the box, you've seen them given but his reputation probably went before him on that one. But I think we deserved the win, we controlled the midfield and defended like the away side should.

You should defo keep faith with Rodgers, he's onto a good thing. The lack of firepower is worrying though, your options up front are even slimmer than ours. Have to say though I laughed at MOTD when they were highlighting how suicidal Glen Johnson was playing, thinks he's Dani Alves

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/late...letter-to-fans

Liverpool Football Club's principal owner John W Henry has written the following open letter to supporters:

I am as disappointed as anyone connected with Liverpool Football Club that we were unable to add further to our strike force in this summer transfer window, but that was not through any lack of desire or effort on the part of all of those involved. They pushed hard in the final days of the transfer window on a number of forward targets and it is unfortunate that on this occasion we were unable to conclude acceptable deals to bring those targets in.

But a summer window which brought in three young, but significantly talented starters in Joe Allen, Nuri Sahin and Fabio Borini as well as two exciting young potential stars of the future - Samed Yesil and Oussama Assaidi - could hardly be deemed a failure as we build for the future.

Nor should anyone minimise the importance of keeping our best players during this window. We successfully retained Daniel Agger, Martin Skrtel and Luis Suarez. We greatly appreciate their faith and belief in the club. And we successfully negotiated new, long-term contracts with Luis and with Martin.

No one should doubt our commitment to the club. In Brendan Rodgers we have a talented young manager and we have valued highly his judgement about the make-up of the squad. This is a work in progress. It will take time for Brendan to instill his philosophy into the squad and build exactly what he needs for the long term.

The transfer policy was not about cutting costs. It was - and will be in the future - about getting maximum value for what is spent so that we can build quality and depth. We are avowed proponents of UEFA's Financial Fair Play agenda that was this week reiterated by Mr Platini - something we heartily applaud. We must comply with Financial Fair Play guidelines that ensure spending is tied to income. We have been successful in improving the commercial side of the club and the monies generated going forward will give us greater spending power in the coming years.

We are still in the process of reversing the errors of previous regimes. It will not happen overnight. It has been compounded by our own mistakes in a difficult first two years of ownership. It has been a harsh education, but make no mistake, the club is healthier today than when we took over.

Spending is not merely about buying talent. Our ambitions do not lie in cementing a mid-table place with expensive, short-term quick fixes that will only contribute for a couple of years. Our emphasis will be on developing our own players using the skills of an increasingly impressive coaching team. Much thought and investment already have gone into developing a self-sustaining pool of youngsters imbued in the club's traditions.

That ethos is to win. We will invest to succeed. But we will not mortgage the future with risky spending.

After almost two years at Anfield, we are close to having the system we need in place. The transfer window may not have been perfect but we are not just looking at the next 16 weeks until we can buy again: we are looking at the next 16 years and beyond. These are the first steps in restoring one of the world's great clubs to its proper status.

It will not be easy, it will not be perfect, but there is a clear vision at work.

We will build and grow from within, buy prudently and cleverly and never again waste resources on inflated transfer fees and unrealistic wages. We have no fear of spending and competing with the very best but we will not overpay for players.

We will never place this club in the precarious position that we found it in when we took over at Anfield. This club should never again run up debts that threaten its existence.

Most of all, we want to win. That ambition drives every decision. It is the Liverpool way. We can and will generate the revenues to achieve that aim. There will be short-term setbacks from time to time, but we believe we have the right people in place to bring more glory to Anfield.

Finally, I can say with authority that our ownership is not about profit. Contrary to popular opinion, owners rarely get involved in sports in order to generate cash. They generally get involved with a club in order to compete and work for the benefit of their club. It's often difficult. In our case we work every day in order to generate revenues to improve the club. We have only one driving ambition at Liverpool and that is the quest to win the Premier League playing the kind of football our supporters want to see. That will only occur if we do absolutely the right things to build the club in a way that makes sense for supporters, for us and for those who will follow us. We will deliver what every long-term supporter of Liverpool Football Club aches for.

JOHN W HENRY

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    coolstorybro.gif

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm jealous you guys have Samed Yesil.. if that counts for anything.

PSN ID
    ConorHoney
    I've always been a Liverpool fan inherited from my Dad But, as a fan I've had my ups and downs but then again our ups are great. My last great celebration was 2005 Champions League, I was only 10 years old at the time that I actually cried in joy!

I hope more celebrations to come!

Veteran
    Welcome to the boards. Could use some new faces in this thread haha.

Veteran

This should go a long way toward alleviating any doubts that some people may have about us moving forward and Rodgers being in charge. I don't think we could have made a better appointment. He needs time, that's for sure. You can't polish a turd, and you certainly wouldn't be able to do it overnight, but I have no doubt that he will lead us back to the top.
    Last edited by Shibby; 09-07-2012 at 08:56.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    I don't think we could have made a better appointment.
    Realistically no better appointment. But if you could have anyone you want...

Veteran
    Not really, no. Then, I would have wanted him over anyone yes, him and Pep, but in Brendan we have someone who, if he gets it right, and I trust that he will, could potentially be with the club for the next 20+ years. Klopp's a fantastic manager, but if he was going to leave Dortmund for us, he would likely leave us for Madrid/Barca if the opportunity came. I would like to see him stay with Dortmund for a very long time.
    Last edited by Shibby; 09-07-2012 at 21:51.

Elite Guru
    He's next Arsenal manager, no doubt

Master Sage
    I don't agree Shibby.. that kind of strategy never works out. You can never pick a manager thinking that he would stay at your club for 15 years.. it just happens and is something you can't predict. One, the manager has to not be sacked.. and two he would want to stay. Just because he is German he would have moved on? There are certain managers who have aspirations of managing in a certain league for the rest of their career, or just fall in love with the club and stay regardless of offers from elsewhere. You can't predict who, and nationality is certainly not a factor in manager loyalty or aspirations.

Shankly being the last manager who's even reached a tenure of 15 years at Liverpool should tell you enough... it's a rare occurrence in football. If Klopp were to ever manage an EPL side, you can't say whether he would leave. You don't know his aspirations or what would happen in the future.

Anyways this article seems to be causing arguments/discussion between Liverpool fans.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...hilosophy.html
    Last edited by Firefox; 09-08-2012 at 18:35.

Veteran
    Well, I'm not saying that it was planned like that, it's just that it could potentially work out like that, given that he's young enough and how he constantly says he will fight with his life for the club. I'm also not saying that it will happen like that, obviously as you say, he needs to not get fired. But he will be given a lot of slack. He has until 2015 to deliver champions league. It's not a do-it-now sort of situation.

And yes, it could potentially work out that way with Klopp, but if he were to leave Dortmund I would get this journeyman vibe from him. Now, obviously I don't know his personal ambitions. Maybe his goal is to end up in England and stay there. Would I have loved to have Klopp here? Yes, absolutely. Am I glad that Rodgers is here? Yes. This goes back to what you said about realism. However, if given the option at this moment, to make a trade? I don't think I would do it. I can see great things happening with Rodgers.

How he speaks, how he acts, how he works, he has shades of Shankly about him, and many people have drawn the comparison already. I get this feeling like it would almost be too good to be true for him to go on and be that guy that brings us back to the top.

Let's just say I'll be much more upset if it doesn't work out with him than I was when it didn't work out with Kenny. THAT is how high my hopes are for him.

As far as the documentary, I don't have a problem with it and am very much looking forward to it. The club have final say on the editing so they won't put anything in there that they don't want in there.
    Last edited by Shibby; 09-08-2012 at 19:25.

Veteran
    Sterling called up to senior England team... after Rodgers asked the FA to not call him up to the U21s from the U19s, to not ruin him by rushing him through.

I guess they're prepared to jeopardize his progress to make sure he doesn't play for Jamaica.

He deserves it, though.

Master Poster
    I have a bad feeling about this, hope he does not get injured!

So much potential, i just hope we can keep a hold of him when he becomes world class!

Master Poster
    Items LiverpoolModern Warfare 3

Justice. Finally after 23 $#@!ing years.

Now every other person in this country will now understand why we don't buy the sun.

YNWA

"Raise your weapon, one word and it's over"

20. Likes Shibby likes this post
    Veteran
    Truth, yes. Hopefully real justice will follow.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Utterly disappointed today.

what we need is xabi back, and with what he`s been saying recently, he has said real need to win the champions league this year, read that as.... whether we win it this year or not, i`m going back to LFC next summer!! he has intimated in the past that a return to merseyside was always on the cards, he loves the fans and never fell out of love with the reds, just pissed at rafa for under rating him... oh, and if you think this is bull$#@! pie in the sky, see what the forums are saying about his comments this weekend...

Midfielder Xabi Alonso, 30, says Real Madrid must end their 10-year wait for a Champions League title this season. (Sunday telegraph)

In interviews with lfc tv, Alonso has hinted towards a return to Liverpool several times, saying "in the future, who knows?"

like i said, maybe wishful thinking? he maybe 30 now, but he`s got 4 years in his tank, loves the city, loves the fans, loves playing with stevie, is still friends with Carra, Skrtel, Agger, Reina, Gerrard, Lucas etc...

Watch this space... and remain positive...

oh, and it was long overdue, the news that the authorities were to blame for criminal negligence surrounding that horrible day in 1989, when our 96 friends passed at hillsborough. The Police have had their reputation scarred beyond repair with accounts of incompetence, deceit and deflection. heads will roll and prison time should be served by senior police chiefs, compensation will be paid, but some families will continue to suffer the injustice of losing beloved children. Money may do alot of things, but some pain can never be healed....

YNWA

Veteran
    I think his contract is up after this season at Real. In that respect I definitely see the possibility. I don't think we would pay a transfer fee though unless it was on the cheap side.

i think his contract is either up in 2013 or 14, so he won`t cost much in the final year, but would Man City or Chelsea offer him stupid money to charm him away from the lure of the reds?

Hopefully he wins the CL with Real and he decides to return to us.. i think he is THAT good, that having him back is gonna drastically improve us.. He will finish his career at LFC, that i believe to be almost certain, he has enough love for us that he`d consider it a challenge to restore us to champions league football, something that is not evident at this moment... Yes, Rodgers style of football is already starting to show results with regards quality possession stats, and it will continue to get prettier, but with an unproven striker in Borini and too much expectation on young Raheem, a top four finish looks unlikely, perhaps uefa cup honours will show the promise to come. Like 2001, we have world class players, little depth, but the ability to win cup games. Any european success will bring money, winning the fa cup is worth enough to buy a promising unproven striker, but what we need now is a nice size piece of good luck, perhaps matching the same size mis-fortune we suffered last year, then perhaps 4th might just be acheivable. A good size unbeaten run is much needed, The match on sunday might just provide that, we always give a good account of ourselves again the old enemy, a win will inject some belief into a team that must be frustrated with its start to the season...

personally, i`m the eternal optimist when talking about the reds, a twinkle in my eye says.... don`t write us off yet.. remember Istanbul? Underestimate LFC at your peril...

YNWA

Thread Information