Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Apprentice

worse FF of all time

booooo

Zenun
    I've said this b4, if you used a gameguide or the internet to finish a game(which most ppl here did. How do I know? well we had a big discussion about that) you didnt finish the game yourself. Someone/something else beat it for you.

Now I'm on hour 90+ and I'm just one move away to go kill the final boss(if it is the final boss, which i dont wanna know, Bahamut. I guess i wont read this thread again cuz i know someone is gonna spoil it for me lol). I'm gonna try to find everything i can on my own b4 finishing it and THEN I'll look at some guides or something. I'd say I have most of the weapons and armor, although i'm not really sure. I'll know when I see a guide i guess.

This game is one of the best game of all time... The story is great, the gameplay is great and looking for loot/items to make new weapons/armor/shields is PERFECT!.

Elite Member
    I agree with ya there Zenun. Playing the game through first without any guides is the only way to do it. After the first completion then you can look at some guides and play through again. It adds replay value.

As for me. Unfortunately I could not get into FFXII for some reason. So no, I never did finish it.

Forum Elder
    well i think this is probably the one final fantasy that the most people have played but never got around to finishing. i thought it was a great game...but something about it...i just couldnt play it all the way through. maybe because i played FFXI for over 4 years and FFXII had basically the same battle system but not as good or involving as the 18+ alliances in FFXI.
    PSN- Scape13
    XBL- Scape13

"Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."
    ~Fuer Grissa ost Drauka

2Tfps
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenny View Post
    worse FF of all time

booooo
    Did you count in FF X-2 in that score? I mean... hello-ooo. "I'll slap you with my wrist-purse!"

FF XII wasn't that bad. I must say FF IX was worse. XII had less feel for characters and the story wasn't on par with FF in general. Still a great and a pleasant experience.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by sorrow880 View Post
    I agree 100%....I love collecting all the weapons and doing all the hunts and side quests, etc.
    The story is what was truly lacking in FFXII...I just didn't feel near the connection or attachment to the characters and their tales as I did in the other FF games I've played.
    When it comes to RPG's an engrossing story and lovable characters are probably the 2 most important parts--FFXII was a bit of a let down here (but I still enjoyed the game immensely).
    I've noticed people are really split with the story of FFXII. I think it has to do with who people are focusing on when they play XII whether or not they like the story. If you focus on Vaan and Penelo, than yes the story sucks balls, because there is no story for them. Vaan and Penelo are characters in which you see the story still in a third person, but through their eyes. There are two main stories going on in XII, the first (main) story involves Ashe and Basch and the second (sub) story involves Balthier and Fran. Again Vaan and Penelo are blank slate characters and contribute nothing to the story; they are just witnesses.

Quote Originally Posted by gusgus View Post
    I guess I am really close then... I'm going to the Lighthouse right now. I'd better stop reading this thread before I find out something that I don't want to. I guess I'm the only one that is into the story, and I don't want to ruin anything.
    Yes you only have a few places left, but the Pharos Lighthouse could become a little time consuming. Have fun with the Pharos Lighthouse boss battle (Notice I'm not telling you who it is ).

Quote Originally Posted by Zenun View Post
    I've said this b4, if you used a gameguide or the internet to finish a game(which most ppl here did. How do I know? well we had a big discussion about that) you didnt finish the game yourself. Someone/something else beat it for you.

Now I'm on hour 90+ and I'm just one move away to go kill the final boss(if it is the final boss, which i dont wanna know, Bahamut. I guess i wont read this thread again cuz i know someone is gonna spoil it for me lol). I'm gonna try to find everything i can on my own b4 finishing it and THEN I'll look at some guides or something. I'd say I have most of the weapons and armor, although i'm not really sure. I'll know when I see a guide i guess.

This game is one of the best game of all time... The story is great, the gameplay is great and looking for loot/items to make new weapons/armor/shields is PERFECT!.
    I use guides because unlike most so called gamers, I still have a life. I'm taking near 12 hours of classes, working 30 hours a week, and my only real free time to sit down and really put in some hours on a game are the weekends. Hell yes I'm going to use a guide of some sort. In that sense you aren't really cheating so much. By your terms, you'd consider playing a game co-op with a friend whose beat the game cheating. Guides are a huge gray area when you label them as cheating devices. I still look at them as a reference. Would you like to figure out University Physics on your own, or would you use a textbook or notes?
    Like my post? Show your support accordingly.

"Beating us for a short moment is like accidentally winning a point from a Karate master, and Microsoft is still not black belt." - Ken Kutaragi on XBL

2Tfps
    Quote Originally Posted by GameSpawn View Post
    I've noticed people are really split with the story of FFXII. I think it has to do with who people are focusing on when they play XII whether or not they like the story. If you focus on Vaan and Penelo, than yes the story sucks balls, because there is no story for them. Vaan and Penelo are characters in which you see the story still in a third person, but through their eyes. There are two main stories going on in XII, the first (main) story involves Ashe and Basch and the second (sub) story involves Balthier and Fran. Again Vaan and Penelo are blank slate characters and contribute nothing to the story; they are just witnesses.
    Just a question for you. Did you feel anything for Ashe and Basch or any other character like you did in let's say FFVII or FFX? The story didn't involve Ashe and Basch so much that I cared for them. It was more about the villain and intrigues about how to get that 'goal-thing' (don't even remember the name of the main foe any more). I have to say it was shallow to me.

I felt most for fran though.

Dedicated Member
    I used a guide because I only play through RPG's once. I'm not dependent on the guide, I mainly just read it to see if I'm going to mess something up or if I need to do something to unlock a boss, or get the best ending. I want to punch the developers of FFXII for thinking it was a good idea to have players not pick up certain treasure in order to get the Zodiac spear. It's crap like that that makes me continue using guides.

Seph
    Toke me 67 hours to beat it
    Wrost FF ever and its the ONLY FF that i would Never Ever Replay

I dont need to list my reasons but everyone know by now thats FF12 is the most Hated FF in the series (Some hate 7 others hate 8 etc but no FF too many people hate as much as 12 and i cant blame them)

I cant believe i wasted around 70hours with this game i only gave it a chance because its FF and i loved FF1-11

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Tfps View Post
    Did you count in FF X-2 in that score? I mean... hello-ooo. "I'll slap you with my wrist-purse!"

FF XII wasn't that bad. I must say FF IX was worse. XII had less feel for characters and the story wasn't on par with FF in general. Still a great and a pleasant experience.
    I like FFX-2 better then FFXII for me that is. The Job system was part taking from FFV witch was nice to bring that back. The Battle system was along side with turn-base so that wasnt a problem for me.

I also like FFIX problem ask.
    PS3 60GB R.I.P Born Dec/17/07 Died in Nov 25/09
    WKC blog http://wkcinfo.blogspot.com/2008/12/...anslation.html
    Himeko Katagiri and Ayumu Kasuga aka Osaka dancing

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Tfps View Post
    Just a question for you. Did you feel anything for Ashe and Basch or any other character like you did in let's say FFVII or FFX? The story didn't involve Ashe and Basch so much that I cared for them. It was more about the villain and intrigues about how to get that 'goal-thing' (don't even remember the name of the main foe any more). I have to say it was shallow to me.

I felt most for fran though.
    It wasn't feeling for the characters so much as it was an entertaining story. Personally I liked the Fran/Balthier substory more than I did the main Ashe/Basch story. I did however feal sorry for what Larsa had to go through (technically part of the Ashe/Basch story), he was stuck in the middle of the politics and was in a crappy situation for his age. What really sucks for him though was how much he was manipulated.

In the end I still prefer the story of X+X-2 over IX, and then IX over XII, but I liked all three.

"Beating us for a short moment is like accidentally winning a point from a Karate master, and Microsoft is still not black belt." - Ken Kutaragi on XBL

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandersnatch View Post
    I used a guide because I only play through RPG's once. I'm not dependent on the guide, I mainly just read it to see if I'm going to mess something up or if I need to do something to unlock a boss, or get the best ending. I want to punch the developers of FFXII for thinking it was a good idea to have players not pick up certain treasure in order to get the Zodiac spear. It's crap like that that makes me continue using guides.

your right, having stupid things like the zodiac spear which you have to NOT OPEN chests to obtain is down right dumb, and without a guide you would have no idea. as a person who likes to complete/find everything, i would have opened the chests of course...just to find out that i cant get a powerfull weapon because i was going out of my way to open/find every chest.
    PSN- Scape13
    XBL- Scape13

~Fuer Grissa ost Drauka

Electronic Warrior
    I didn't finish it. I got pretty far, but I got kind of tired of it. I stopped playing a little after I got the airship. I was trying to do everything, and once the world exploded open, I got a bit overwhelmed, and stopped playing.

That, and the treasure chest situation kind of makes me mad. The random thing is retarded!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ever since my experience points went into triple digits, I've had to keep the ladies and valkyries away with a +3 two handed broadsword.

Zenun
    Quote Originally Posted by Scape View Post
    well i think this is probably the one final fantasy that the most people have played but never got around to finishing. i thought it was a great game...but something about it...i just couldnt play it all the way through. maybe because i played FFXI for over 4 years and FFXII had basically the same battle system but not as good or involving as the 18+ alliances in FFXI.
    What server are you on?. I've been playing FFXI for 4 years too, I love it(as an MMO). FF12 tho?. It's one of the best game of all time .

I'm on fairy by the way.

Veteran
    Yea, people are kinda hypocritical to play 100hrs and then quit, end up saying they're "bored"....when it was the opposite they spent so much time burning out on side quests.

You can beat the game in 50hrs, less, but I floated around there.

It's really quite easy if you have experience in ff11 or mmorpgs. Most of the tactics are almost the same, except with ff12, you have several even more unfair advantages.

The last boss is so easy. People only say its hard because they simply never played against those kind of bosses.

It's simply an upkeep game. By end game, you buy all the healing items and then just simply outlast the final boss. Since you have realtime armor switching, it's quite easy, unlike previous ffs.

Beating the boss lvl 60 is all you need, and a 30minute grind at skeletons is more then enough to even get that(and gil for items)

And heck if you do the zodiac spear trick(get it around lvl18 ), you can beat the game in 30hrs probably.

Out of all the ffs, this one is by far the easiest if you exploit all the holes in it...and anyone who's in a rush, is reading gamefaqs anyway...

Exploiting things like reflect-ga, reverse aliment, grind spots...it's so...broken...

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenun View Post
    What server are you on?. I've been playing FFXI for 4 years too, I love it(as an MMO). FF12 tho?. It's one of the best game of all time .

I'm on fairy by the way.

I'm on Shiva. but i just canceled my account 2 weeks ago
    PSN- Scape13
    XBL- Scape13

~Fuer Grissa ost Drauka

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    Yea, people are kinda hypocritical to play 100hrs and then quit, end up saying they're "bored"....when it was the opposite they spent so much time burning out on side quests.

You can beat the game in 50hrs, less, but I floated around there.

It's really quite easy if you have experience in ff11 or mmorpgs. Most of the tactics are almost the same, except with ff12, you have several even more unfair advantages.

The last boss is so easy. People only say its hard because they simply never played against those kind of bosses.

It's simply an upkeep game. By end game, you buy all the healing items and then just simply outlast the final boss. Since you have realtime armor switching, it's quite easy, unlike previous ffs.

Beating the boss lvl 60 is all you need, and a 30minute grind at skeletons is more then enough to even get that(and gil for items)

And heck if you do the zodiac spear trick(get it around lvl18 ), you can beat the game in 30hrs probably.

Out of all the ffs, this one is by far the easiest if you exploit all the holes in it...and anyone who's in a rush, is reading gamefaqs anyway...

Exploiting things like reflect-ga, reverse aliment, grind spots...it's so...broken...
    Kuku you should read up on the Negalmuur exploit. It's the ultimate exploit of the gambit system for automatic leveling. All it takes is you being around level 40 by a certain point in the game. I was too high of a level to really utilize it, but I went ahead and read about it and it's pretty ingenious.

Apprentice
    completed ff12 yesterday 250 hours all side quests hunts weapons etc... dnt know how some of you can claim to do it in 50, i must just be crap at the game...

Veteran
    I've beaten it about 3 times. The quickest was something like 60 hours but I wasn't really trying to do it fast.

Master Guru

it is the only FF I have only played once, and that is simply because I bought the PS3 just as I was finishing it. I had 82 hours of playtime when I then decided to kill the final boss (and um, I thought it was an FF but sadly I was mistaken, still waiting for an ending that is more the 3 minutes long. Seriously, in an FF, the credits arnt supposed to be longer then the ending).

I did miss some of the kills, but had the liscence board cleared for all characters, and really had done most of the game.

When I go back to play again (almost there in the serious, only need ultimate weapons again in FFX, then it is off to FFXII in my run through the series) I am going to not stop till I get everything this time, and since it is a second play through I will use a guide (have had it since release, and is still in wrap) except on where to find the final NM's which I have heard are pretty epic battles.

Superior Member
    I kinda stopped playing it when I got my PS3 but I've started up again and I'm in the place after the Feywood. Can't remember the name now it's something beginning with 'G'. I really love the game though.

Elite Sage
    can someone tell me the biggest spoiler in the game please, how does the game end? what happens?
    I keep restarting the game but i just get bored and leave it, i want to know if the end is worth fighting for otherwise ff12 is going to the back of the list of games i'm playing through.

babyface
    I finished it, and I think it took me about 85 hours or so. But I did spend quite some time with hunting monsters, so I guess it would have been possible with less.

BIG DADDY
    I played this game for over a year and a half. I had a few characters over lvl 50 in multiple jobs. Wasted a lot of my life on it. This game is the reason I've been afraid to even try another MMO. I did love it when I played it, though.

Oh yeah, subject of the thread.... I never finished the story. I was too busy grinding with some cool Japanese players, like all the time. I had one character who had every job but two of them leveled over 60. If you've played this game then you realize the time that takes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to SteelSamurai for the sig & avatar!
    320 GB PS3, Wii, 360 Elite & Mistsubishi 65" DLP 1080P
    "I never eat before a mission. Slows you down. I gotta be light on my feet like a dancer. Like a f-ing ninja!"

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by byoushinn View Post
    can someone tell me the biggest spoiler in the game please, how does the game end? what happens?
    I keep restarting the game but i just get bored and leave it, i want to know if the end is worth fighting for otherwise ff12 is going to the back of the list of games i'm playing through.
    MASSIVE FFXII SPOILER

Thats all I really remember lol.

Thread Information