Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 ... LastLast
    Apprentice
    Iam on 45 hours but I dont like this story that much, knights and all that is boring. I have official guide book, I play the game I may stop it for a while like 3 months.then get back.
    If I ever finish it I will go back to FFX that is the greatest game I have ever played.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 rocks View Post
    You can get a second Zodiac spear but it's not a glitch, it obtained through a chest which rarely appears and only has a slight chance of containing the weapon. I have the guide here, i'll quickly look it up...

The chest is in the Henne mines. The chest only appears 10% of the time. Not only that, the times you're lucky enough to actually see the chest it has a 90% chance of being gil instead of an item. If your luck is good enough for it to be an item, and you're wearing a diamond ammulet, the item only has a 10% chance of being the spear. So realistically, it's a 1 in 1000 chance.
    1/1000!?! Is that even worth trying for. You could easily spend 10+ hours with no luck. How many times can you effectively try to open it in say 30 minutes? Well I'm happy with the normal way and then some other weapons for the rest of the team.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by kryton101
    How many times can you effectively try to open it in say 30 minutes?
    Well considering you have to go 3 or more zones away for the urn to have a chance of appearing again. I would probably say you've got maybe 15-20 chances every half hour if you kept at it. There's not real point trying, the chances are too slim. It's much easier getting the normal way.

borninshadow
    I finished it around 120 hours in, I think. Then again, I got grossly sidetracked by trying to do all sorts of side quests and whatnot =/

In all honesty, I found the game to have kind've a lame ending. The rest of it kept me going, but in all honesty, the game always felt like it was taking baby-steps to do EVERYTHING. I never got those feelings I did in the older games where it was like "Oh no, I'm going to Vector ::heart pounds::" or any other place of your choosing. Actually, come to think of it, I think that's why I kept playing. I was always hoping for that BIG moment that would just blow me away.

I found the ending somewhat...anti-climatic. The others were like "YES! I FINALLY CRUSHED (insert villain here)!" This was like "Oh, I won? Well, hurray for me I suppose." The ending just felt like they got lazy and said "eh, let's just have everything end."

-Aaron, ranting instead of doing his reading

Veteran
    I thought the ending was pretty decent. The only downside was that Vain was a pitiful villian. Sephiroth makes Vain look like a little girl.

Yes, I actually finished last month. LONG game, but great game.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    I bought the game on release, haven't played it once.
    I'll let you know how it goes though..

PS. I have +500 hours on FF7, 8, 9 and 10 ..each - just to give some perspective.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

great game

that was a really great game

I second the opinion of this game being boring. i didn't the story much at all. there really wasn't much attachment to the characters. the war barely affected the main characters after the beginning of the game. there's only so much you can care and remember about how npc's are affected in the story. the only main character that i felt had some emotional effects from the plot was ashe, and that was only now and then when she would think about her slain husband. everywhere else i didn't care much who i was fighting or where i was going unlike previous ff games. the only thing getting me through the game was the fighting which I thought was done well, and i enjoyed not having to fight things when i didn't want to.
    i think this all factors into wanting the game to end sooner than later, at least for me it did.
    anyways, i thought the ending was lame as well, but only because i didn't really care about the characters.

Forum Elder
    just finished this game last night.. it took me 75 hours!

my opinion: at first i didn't liked gambits that much but with the game progressing i really think they are genious and i hope to see gambits in FF13!! its like the combat system of this game is turn based but real time at the same time. i really love the gambit system. much better than the previous games combat systems.

as for the story, i think it was somewhat boring. there never was a big surprise or shock! in the end i would give it a 9/10 overall.. the story could be better in my opinion.

right now i started playing my last ps2 game: OKAMI. and i am loving it. after this i will give a second chance to god of war 2 and i am done with ps2 games.. i keep them in my collection though

Add me in PSN if you're from here. PSN ID: cmaranhao

Master Guru

well, I am on second playthrough (played at game launch on ps2, then bought a ps3 so never went back and did everything I wanted.

I just hit the 60 hour mark, my characters are 46-47, could probably win the game in less then 5 hours if I wanted to from where I am (as little as 3 hours depending if I remember).

However, I have only 1 optional esper, have about 15 hunts still left, and various other things still to do. I am pretty sure I will easily hit the 100 hour mark on this one, and it is my second playthrough so it isnt like I am searching wondering where to go this time lol.

After this I have dragon quest VIII to replay, then I am going to restart oblivion as it has been too long since I played and forget where I was (I had played for about 70 hours). Lol, between these three games I am easily over 300 hours, and I wonder why I never get to play some of my other games lol.

renegadevikingPS3
    I confuss, I am not the world's cleverest gamer. I look at Gamefaqs for a walkthrough and use Action Replay Max Evo Edition + internet update so that I can have fun. I checked the game stores. Everybody cares a little bit when I beat it once.

renegadevikingPS3
    I confuss, I am not the world's cleverest gamer. I look at Gamefaqs for a walkthrough and use Action Replay Max Evo Edition + internet update so that I can have fun. I checked the game stores. Everybody cares a little bit when I beat it once.

Apprentice

I played about 20 hours and gave up. The story didn't keep me involved. I didn't like the characters and I hated the combat system. If you are a regular MMO player, it seems like a sub par POS combat system.

No good summons, worthless in battle.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenny View Post
    I played about 20 hours and gave up. The story didn't keep me involved. I didn't like the characters and I hated the combat system. If you are a regular MMO player, it seems like a sub par POS combat system.

No good summons, worthless in battle.
    i agree with the summons, i have beaten the game without them. they are crap in FF 12.

even the myst (overdrives) are crap. i only threw overdrives when battles against bosses seem lost.

i do not agree with your opinion on gambits though.. they are perfect if you want to level up. like i previously said, i originaly hated the gambits but as i kept playing i got used to them and right now i love this system. you need more than 20 hours to have a nice gambit setup.

which location are you at?

Add me in PSN if you're from here. PSN ID: cmaranhao

Master Guru

the quickenings are overpowered in my mind, being able to do 10-60K dmg to multiple targets at once without being able to be defended against is kindof crazy. Alot of the mid game boss fights/hunts can be beaten without the boss/helpers even getting a shot in, never mind that if it doesnt kill them, you can swap in ONE new person, and do the same chain again, up to 3 extra times. I tried to stay away from them to increase the difficulty of the game.

Even if it uses your mp, once you get access to the self mp gambits, and all the licences to gain mp, you have no problem recouping mp from the quickening.

Superior Member
    I'm on the last boss/s now. I died on the final form but I think I'll be able to do it once I find the urge play it again (I'm on a KH Binge ATM)

myron
    interesting stuff here. good reading

Elite Guru
    It took me forever to beat it because I went all out. Almost 150 hours for all side quests and hiddent bosses etc.

Superior Member
    Since I am an insane completionist, I clocked out at 167 hours, and I loved it. However without doing much except to advance the story it shouldn't take more than 50 or 60 hours to finish. I thought it was one of the easier Final Fantasy games in the series as far as main story goes. Some of the side quests and summon battles were just brutal though.
    Almost finished writing the first draft of my new novel!

You know I regret being able to say I finished this game. This was disappointing.

US PSN ID: Saizuchi
    Game Console: 1TB Playstation Trois
    Games: MSG4, Genji, DW5, Resistance, Tekken 5, Soul Calibur IV, Devil May Cry 4, GTAIV

I have it, but I hate it and never finished it. The new battle system is crap. I love FFX though.

PSP Firmware: 4.01 M33-2 || PS3 Firmware: 2.41

Dedicated Member
    Lol I spent so much time at the beginning trying to level up and beat that dinosaur. Finally gave up around lvl 20 and decided to play the rest of the game.

Well what confuses me is...how can they call that a numbered final fantasy. You spend and hour shouting you are someone else...Now FFXI is a good quest based Numbered FF. FFXII was boring after the first 20 minutes.

US PSN ID: Saizuchi
    Game Console: 1TB Playstation Trois
    Games: MSG4, Genji, DW5, Resistance, Tekken 5, Soul Calibur IV, Devil May Cry 4, GTAIV

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by andonino
    the quickenings are overpowered in my mind, being able to do 10-60K dmg to multiple targets at once without being able to be defended against is kindof crazy.
    Considering the marks can get over 1,000,000 Hp in the end of the game 10k-60k seems pretty insignificant. I don't even use them, my basch hits 9999 everytime and when he's beserked he does 100,000 damge very fast.

Thread Information