Page 1 of 6 1 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Superior Member
    Items Vita

Anyone ever finish FF XII?

So, I'm on like hour 67 of Final Fantasy 12 and there's really no end in sight. Has anyone ever finished this effing game and if so, how long did it take?
    Professional assassination. It's the highest form of public service. - Chiun

Re: Anyone ever finish FF XII

If your referring to how mush time to finish the main story about 100 hours depending on your gameplay style , if your like me and went to finish all in the game , All Hunt , Rare game monsters , Hunter Club etc... You will need
    to play alot longer than that , have been playing for about 150 hours and I've been able to do about 70% of the game. So good luck and have fun.

Forum Guru
    I did finish the game myself, tho i wasnt realy into the game as much as i did with FFX.

The battle system wasnt my way of it so i just beat it skiping w/e its need. Tho im not like that but FFXII isnt my top game.
    PS3 60GB R.I.P Born Dec/17/07 Died in Nov 25/09
    WKC blog http://wkcinfo.blogspot.com/2008/12/...anslation.html
    Himeko Katagiri and Ayumu Kasuga aka Osaka dancing

Forum Elder
    i have 120 hours on it and i gave up on it. it just was not fun. it was addicting getting everyone strong weapons and doing the hunts and all...but other then that the game bored me to death.
    PSN- Scape13
    XBL- Scape13

"Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."
    ~Fuer Grissa ost Drauka

Superior Member
    I stopped playing too, I've tried like 3 times but it loses my interest. Theres just way too much to think about, I prefer FFX.

Elite Member
    if you ignore all the side quests, all you really need to be at is between lvl 60-70.

sounds like a lot of you guys are making the game unfun by doing side quests you dont have to.
    Sig by The House
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Riskbreaker View Post
    if you ignore all the side quests, all you really need to be at is between lvl 60-70.

sounds like a lot of you guys are making the game unfun by doing side quests you dont have to.
    Its not that i dont like doing the side quest, i mean those quest are there for a reason and to be played if you got time. Its how FFXII battle layout feels. I didnt like it so i lost interest of wanted to go on so i only made it as far as i can to beat it.

On most other RPG games i usely hit the mark of 60 hours as low and as high as 150 hours.
    On FFXII i only hit 48 hours witch is one of the lowest PS2 games hours i put in RPG.

Just re-play Wild ARMs 3 today an finished it. By my add i put almosty 98 hours and only missing one quest cuz i didnt activated on my part . If i had the quest open i woulda put another 3-4 more hours. Tho alot of people dont like this game due to hardship but ya.

My 1st time FFX i put 89 hours 1st try.
    PS3 60GB R.I.P Born Dec/17/07 Died in Nov 25/09
    WKC blog http://wkcinfo.blogspot.com/2008/12/...anslation.html
    Himeko Katagiri and Ayumu Kasuga aka Osaka dancing

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Riskbreaker View Post

problem is, is that it shouldnt be boring because you are doing side quests. im one of the people who like to complete everything in a game. my problem was not the sidequests...infact, the hunts, rare monsters and going out of my way to get the best weapons/summons was my favorite part. its just that after i did those...the story was not enough to keep my attention.
    PSN- Scape13
    XBL- Scape13

"Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."
    ~Fuer Grissa ost Drauka

butchyz
    Lol, thanks for reminding me, I still haven't beaten this game. I've had it for about 2 years and play it on and off but stopped once I got the third empire, Archadia or something, I don't even remember.

Forum Guru
    problem is, is that it shouldnt be boring because you are doing side quests. im one of the people who like to complete everything in a game. my problem was not the sidequests...infact, the hunts, rare monsters and going out of my way to get the best weapons/summons was my favorite part. its just that after i did those...the story was not enough to keep my attention.
    I agree 100%....I love collecting all the weapons and doing all the hunts and side quests, etc.
    The story is what was truly lacking in FFXII...I just didn't feel near the connection or attachment to the characters and their tales as I did in the other FF games I've played.
    When it comes to RPG's an engrossing story and lovable characters are probably the 2 most important parts--FFXII was a bit of a let down here (but I still enjoyed the game immensely).

Superior Member
    It took my friend I believe 60 hours to beat the game but he is starting from a certain save point again and hoping to finish the game 100%

Yep, I finished FFXII long time ago it took about 50-60 hrs. main quest with some side quests as well.. then GoW II were last PS2 games i played... good times
    A/V Equipment: Wii, Xbox 360 Elite, PS3 60 GB, PS2, PSP, Xbox, GCN, 50" Samsung LED DLP 1080p HDTV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HT setup
    100% Games
    Platinum
    : Uncharted Drake's Fortune, Super Stardust HD, Linger in Shadows

Ishimaru Kaito
    i spent about 80 hours on the story alone

Superior Member
    Items Vita
    Thanks for the info guys.. I was just trying to get a feeling on how long I had to go. I'm definitely going to finish, because I really like the game. Thanks.

Forum Elder

I beat it in about 70 hours....

Superior Member
    i have yet to beat it....esp. since i got my ps3.....for some reason the style of the game bores me....the classical future look and style of the game just seems boring compared to FFX

Dedicated Member
    Beat it in 56 hours 11 minutes. Vaan, Ashe, Penelo: all level 41. Fran, Balthier: both level 39. Basch: level 42.

Dedicated Member
    Took about 45 hours for the main story for me... did about 20 extra hours of sidequests.
    PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork Online ID - MistahRoth

Elite Sage
    Items Final Fantasy XAuronNaughty DogFirefox LogoAppleBlizzardPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Woo for stopping at around 25 hours!

Elite Member
    i think i have like 90 hours on it or something like that... and i didn't even get everything yet...

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by gusgus View Post
    So, I'm on like hour 67 of Final Fantasy 12 and there's really no end in sight. Has anyone ever finished this effing game and if so, how long did it take?
    What is the last place you have been? If you have made it to Balfonheim and the Pharos Lighthouse, you are VERY VERY close to the end of the game. This game can easily take 80 hours for the story alone and no help (guides, codes, anything) and upwards of 120 or more if you do the side quests without help. If you use at least a guide you could cut both of those times in half.
    Like my post? Show your support accordingly.

"Beating us for a short moment is like accidentally winning a point from a Karate master, and Microsoft is still not black belt." - Ken Kutaragi on XBL

Superior Member
    Items Vita
    Quote Originally Posted by GameSpawn View Post
    What is the last place you have been? If you have made it to Balfonheim and the Pharos Lighthouse, you are VERY VERY close to the end of the game. This game can easily take 80 hours for the story alone and no help (guides, codes, anything) and upwards of 120 or more if you do the side quests without help. If you use at least a guide you could cut both of those times in half.
    I guess I am really close then... I'm going to the Lighthouse right now. I'd better stop reading this thread before I find out something that I don't want to. I guess I'm the only one that is into the story, and I don't want to ruin anything.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by gusgus View Post
    Hehe...lol.....there is NO end in sight!!! I'm on 185 hours and STILL HAVEN'T FINISHED THE GAME!!!

Just kidding....you should be really close to finishing it...check a walkthrough on ign or somewhere.

(I really do have over 185 hours in the game though--but that's by choice....trying to get ALL weapons and defeat ALL creatures and side quests)

Superior Member
    I beat FFXII in about 70 hours without doing much sidequests

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I beat the game in around 60 hours without doing any side-quests. I did those afterwards. I've done half the marks so far and I'm now up to around 85 hours. Are there any other side-quests in this game that don't have to do with hunting?

And I guess I'll also chime in and say that FFXII's battle system definetly gets boring and tedious after a while. I tried to see if I would like the game better by playing it a second time, but I just couldn't go on.....too tedious. But that's just my opinion so who cares.

Thread Information