Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1006 of 1229 FirstFirst ... 99610061016 ... LastLast
Results 25,126 to 25,150 of 30703
    Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    Racism is the type of thing that never can blow over. Just like Nazi's we must constantly fight their agenda and make sure their values are never incorporated into society. If we forget history we are doomed to repeat it.
    Slightly over the top there. But it is behind us now. Suarez served his punishment, the FA took a clear stance. Those are positive messages against racism. What remains now is ugly tribalism that brings out the worst in both sets of supporters. Unless you genuinly believe Suarez is a racist or Liverpool FC are a club that support racism, there's no reason to carry on this debate.

2. Likes Shibby likes this post
    Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Your (flawed) proposition is that the purpose of Evra's celebrations was to wind Suarez up. Mine is that it was to celebrate with the United fans. People can judge by themselves what they think is likely. I, personally, don't think Evra cares enough about, born simply because his dad forgot a condom, Suarez enough as you think he does.

Once is enough isn't it? If you've done it once chances are you've done it more times. By any standard if you have admitted to a crime once and you have a witness saying you did it more than once you're going down for it. That's life.
    No that is not my proposition and if you'd have read more closely you'd see that. He was celebrating because you won. I accept that. But in that particular instance during his celebration, he went right to Suarez and celebrated in front of him to wind him up. NOT that his entire celebration was a wind up.

And on the second point, like i said, it's wrong regardless. And of course he's done it more times. 'Negro' is a commonly used term of endearment in Uruguay, don't you know?

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Warrior View Post
    Slightly over the top there. But it is behind us now. Suarez served his punishment, the FA took a clear stance. Those are positive messages against racism. What remains now is ugly tribalism that brings out the worst in both sets of supporters. Unless you genuinly believe Suarez is a racist or Liverpool FC are a club that support racism, there's no reason to carry on this debate.
    It really isn't over the top. If we allow the disgraceful behavior from Saurez, Daglish and Liverpool FC to go unnoticed the youth of today will accept this type of behavior in the future. I think the FA has blown it by not suspending Daglish and fining Liverpool over the comments they have made since Suarez suspension.

I've said from the start I do not think Suarez is a racist nor that I think Liverpool FC incorporates racist values. However, one can not argue they have no defended a players suspended for racists remarks like it wasn't a big deal. This is very dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    No that is not my proposition and if you'd have read more closely you'd see that. He was celebrating because you won. I accept that. But in that particular instance during his celebration, he went right to Suarez and celebrated in front of him to wind him up. NOT that his entire celebration was a wind up.
    But he didn't. Suarez came behind Evra which by common logic would dictate Evra did not go right in front of him...

And on the second point, like i said, it's wrong regardless. And of course he's done it more times. 'Negro' is a commonly used term of endearment in Uruguay, don't you know?
    Cut once measure twice...

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    he DID do it visibly. the official even stepped it to stop him. it was as clear as a wind up could be.

the report literally used the word "probably" so i don't see anything wrong with the fix. he admitted to using it once in a not deliberately racist way (which I admit is wrong regardless), he was punished for "probably" using it multiple times in a deliberately racist way.
    Dont bother mate, not worth rising to the oh so subtle bait

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

6. Likes Shibby likes this post
    Veteran
    But he didn't. Suarez came behind Evra which by common logic would dictate Evra did not go right in front of him...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44xjnW-xK_4

scroll to 40 seconds. Suarez walking to the tunnel. Evra sees him and goes right into his path. Yeah Suarez totally came behind Evra. probably called him negro again too. maybe threw rio into him again as well.

Master Poster
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioPlayStationManchester UnitedGoogle Chrome

scroll to 40 seconds. Suarez walking to the tunnel. Evra sees him and goes right into his path. Yeah Suarez totally came behind Evra. probably called him negro again too. maybe threw rio into him again as well.
    The video has been removed by the FA. Most likely done because they hate Liverpool and want to destroy them.

Ultimate Veteran

As you can see here Evra was going round the arena celebrating. Suarez was walking towards the tunnel at the same time Evra was coming towards the fans, over and around the tunnel, while running. If Evra somewhat planned that it was an act that would require quite a lot of foresight. I do not think that was the case. But perhaps you do. It is beyond reason to say Evra could possibly keep track of where Suarez was during the time of him running around all areas of the arena to celebrate.

Veteran
    no but he saw the opportunity and took it.

one more before i go...

make of it what you will but anything can be spun in a certain direction.

not claiming suarez wanted a handshake but i don't think evra really wanted one either.

Ultimate Veteran
    Calculating that Suarez was going to come in his direction and timing it would require a Sherlock Holmes type of ability from Evra. I do not think that type of instincts are a natural arsenal for football players.

Anyone putting those pictures forward as evidence of anything have not shaken many hands in their life. When you shake someone's hand you take it forward to the dimension of your body you then, as Evra did, try to adjust to reach the person whom's hand you are reaching for. That was a natural movement from Evra although he probably should have let Suarez hand come to his to avoid any confusion.

Veteran
    Items Firefox LogoPS3 SlimUser name style
    Lmao stop being pathetic! I just watched the footage again and it's clear as day Suarez just skips past him, and you're being so pedantic. This is why LFC are hated

You're always always the victims! It's never your fault, it couldn't possibly be that Suarez didn't want to shake Evra's hand, Evra went to grab his hand after for Christ sake.

Hypothetically even if he didn't want to shake his hand (Even though he clearly did) it doesn't matter, why should Evra shake his freaking hand? Evra was man enough to leave his hand out to put the incident behind him.

*sigh*

He shakes hand with the mascot who's head must have been around Evra's crotch, I mean it doesn't take any effort to shake Evra's hands, he completely blanks him.

Why am I even replying to this BS.

I imagine Suarez is gonna get hammered in the press tomorrow, gonna be fun times.
    Such a stupid argument.

Master Poster
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioPlayStationManchester UnitedGoogle Chrome
    Anyway what's the big deal if he did purposely celebrate in front of Suarez? All the $#@! he has had to put up with from Liverpool and their fans was good to see a response from him. I hope all the Liverpool fans there who were calling him a lying bastard enjoyed Evra celebrating today's win. 2 fingers up to them.

Veteran
    Calculating that Suarez was going to come in his direction and timing it would require a Sherlock Holmes type of ability from Evra. I do not think that type of instincts are a natural arsenal for football players.

Anyone putting those pictures forward as evidence of anything have not shaken many hands in their life. When you shake someone's hand you take it forward to the dimension of your body you then, as Evra did, try to adjust to reach the person whom's hand you are reaching for. That was a natural movement from Evra although he probably should have let Suarez hand come to his to avoid any confusion.
    i clearly said that's not what i think happened. i said he was walking to the stand, saw suarez coming, and took that opportunity.

and yeah I already called that as a defense clutching at straws. im just saying he wasn't so eager for the handshake as his reaction to the snub seems to have indicated.

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by yourmumsface17 View Post
    Lmao stop being pathetic! I just watched the footage again and it's clear as day Suarez just skips past him, and you're being so pedantic. This is why LFC are hated

You're always always the victims! It's never your fault, it couldn't possibly be that Suarez didn't want to shake Evra's hand, Evra went to grab his hand after for Christ sake.

Hypothetically even if he didn't want to shake his hand (Even though he clearly did) it doesn't matter, why should Evra shake his freaking hand? Evra was man enough to leave his hand out to put the incident behind him.

*sigh*

He shakes hand with the mascot who's head must have been around Evra's crotch, I mean it doesn't take any effort to shake Evra's hands, he completely blanks him.

Why am I even replying to this BS.

I imagine Suarez is gonna get hammered in the press tomorrow, gonna be fun times.
    Such a stupid argument.
    You must remember that Evra lied to the FA. Him and Sir Alex created a plan to destroy Liverpool because we are scared of them!! Today was the next step in the plan to create an illusion that Suarez rejected Evra's handshake to further damager Suarez's reputation. With Dalglish cracking up the plan is nearly complete. Evra and Sir Alex will write a letter of thanks to their chums at the FA and enjoy a nice glass of wine tonight and toast a successful operation. They will then plan their next target.
    Last edited by santinomarella; 02-11-2012 at 19:04.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by santinomarella View Post
    Anyway what's the big deal if he did purposely celebrate in front of Suarez? All the $#@! he has had to put up with from Liverpool and their fans was good to see a response from him. I hope all the Liverpool fans there who were calling him a lying bastard enjoyed Evra celebrating today's win. 2 fingers up to them.
    i will reiterate. it's not a big deal. i am simply calling bull$#@! on Tut saying it wasn't purposely done and Reina had no reason to say something to him about it. even the ref stepped in at that moment.

Ultimate Veteran
    i clearly said that's not what i think happened. i said he was walking to the stand, saw suarez coming, and took that opportunity.
    Prior evidence suggest otherwise though. We can see Evra starting to celebrate in front of the fans closet to him then continuing going around the arena. So regardless of Suarez's position the natural thing would have been for Evra to continue his lap of honor in the direction that he did. Perhaps the smarter move by him would have been to go back to the fans behind De Gea and then celebrate in front of the other stand to his left but he shouldn't have to plan his celebrations in his own house.

and yeah I already called that as a defense clutching at straws. im just saying he wasn't so eager for the handshake as his reaction to the snub seems to have indicated.
    I think it would have been quite something if Evra would have reached out a bottle of champagne to Suarez there. Of course there would always be tension. Doesn't justify Suarez's behavior. But I do not understand why the players shake hands to begin with. Waste of time.

Veteran
    I love Evra so much

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by yourmumsface17 View Post
    I love Evra so much
    With all said and done, the best thing about Evra today was that he played A LOT better than he has done previously during the season. I have been frustrated with his play at times, like during the Chelsea game, but today he was the Pat of old. Good to see.

Rooney was amazing as well. Scoring goals and working hard that's why he's my favorite United player and has been for a few years by the younger players. Not quite a Scholes, Giggs or Neville yet.

Veteran
    I thought Rooney was ok today, not great, took his goals well though. Valencia was the man today ..after paddy off course.

Ultimate Veteran
    I don't know, I thought Rooney worked hard all game. Chasing back and getting in the right areas. Valencia must have found a new GF or something he's reborn. A goddamn beast!

Master Poster
    Valencia right now is one of the best players in the world. He's on fantastic form!

Ultimate Veteran
    Quite funny looking back how critical the press was about SAF signing Valencia when Ronaldo left. Not saying he's on pair with Ronaldo but he can hold his own for sure.

Veteran
    Yeah he did work pretty hard, anyone notice Welbeck have a right go at Rooney, was quite late at the game but he was having a right go at him good to see! Leadership

I see Spurs won easily. The press are going to bummmmm 'arry tomorrow.
    Last edited by yourmumsface17; 02-11-2012 at 19:31.

Ultimate Veteran
    Yep. Good to see, accountability among the players themselves is important.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Sports
    Rio - I lost respect for Suarez

"After seeing what I saw I decided not to shake his hand. He's not got the respect that he needs to have in these situations and acknowledge he's made a mistake and say sorry. I lost all respect for the guy after that."
    Sky Sports

Indeed. Indeed.

Veteran
    Like there was any respect there before the day began. That's why I love him. United supporters, and now their players, can't stand him.

But yes, Valencia is on beastly form.

Veteran
    Like there was any respect there before the day began. That's why I love him. United supporters, and now their players, can't stand him.

But yes, Valencia is on beastly form.
    Rio might have had respect for him, you don't know lol.

The fans on the other hand no... no United fan has respect for him

Thread Information