Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1129 of 1229 FirstFirst ... 111911291139 ... LastLast
Results 28,201 to 28,225 of 30703
    Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I think the point I'm trying to make is United fans have been lied to for the whole Glazer ownership period.

Sure, it was plain to see. But it doesn't excuse the fact you've all been lied to by the manager and Chief Exec. If United were a bank, they'd be pressured to resign or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

2. Likes LC77 likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    I think the point I'm trying to make is United fans have been lied to for the whole Glazer ownership period.

Sure, it was plain to see. But it doesn't excuse the fact you've all been lied to by the manager and Chief Exec. If United were a bank, they'd be pressured to resign or something.
    I don't feel lied to. There's nothing in the filling (from what I've seen) to suggest the debt or the Glazers have upon this day impacted the business. They have declared that it may in the future. You have to understand they must declare every possible direction the bussines may take in an SEC filling. It doesn't mean it will happen simply that it may.
    Other opinions are available.

Master Guru
    I just hope the Glazers sell the club!!!!

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    Man United will register as a company in the Cayman Islands and are seeking to list stock in that company on the New York Stock Exchange (Wall Street). They will offer an IPO (initial public offering) to give investors an opportunity to buy stock. This will then generate revenue. If it will be good for United is hard to say right now.
    Long-term, they may offer to sell more stocks and thus reducing/giving up their ownership of United. I would say this is a necessary step the Glazers have to do to create income hopefully they use said income to pay off the debt. This is also a step for them to ultimately sell Man United but who knows how and when such a deal can happen and in what terms it would be made.

It is also very important to understand what SEC filling is, such a filling is required by the U.S government to list stock it includes forward looking statements that may or may not come to fruition. Therefor, it is important not to read too much into such a document. But it does give an unique outlook into the thinking of the management of Man United.
    Not with the type of shares they are offering. The Glazer mafia will never sell the golden goose I'm afraid. And why would anybody sell a business that makes money? If and when they ever clear the debts, they will be quids in.

The thing that jumps out is the Cayman Islands. With all the tax avoidance going on in the UK, have the Glazers now slapped a huge target on OT?

When Cameron hears about this, he will have a lob on.

It's good and bad. But more so, it's sad it's had to come to this. And I feel it could be a case of it being 6/7 years too late. Reading it makes you realise the Glazer take over is the worst thing that could have happened to United.

I'll give you some key chunks:

United's wage bill for 2011 was £135.57m.

United's interest bill for 2011 was £167.5m.

Document also states that between 2009 and 2011, United paid £244.916m in interest on the debt.

in 2010 United borrowed £502m to pay off the PIK's.

if they float in the US they are then liable to pay US income tax which is currently at 35%. United will operate in the UK so they will also pay the going rate in the UK too. Two tax bills to pay.

Finally the document has admitted, and I quote, "debt may affect our ability to compete for players and coaching staff". NEVER have United admitted that before, which leads us on to Gill and Fergie who have defended the Glazers to the hilt.

Gill: "Debt doesn't impact what we do."

Document: "Our indebtedness could adversely affect our financial health and competitive position."

Gill: "There has been no impact in terms of our transfers."

Document: "Debt reduces cash flow to fund the hiring and retention of players.".

They have lied to United fans for years. Fergie didn't have to say anything negative against the owners. His silence would have been enough.

The sad thing though is Fergie will probably be asked to speak in a video or a presentation about this prospectus an lie again. No one can doubt the man is a genius, the best footballer manager of all time but his support of the Glazers is ridiculous.

And he'll probably ban any journalist who has the balls to question him on this.
    Not sure you're correct on this.

Don't they only have to pay tax on the initial sale of shares? And isn't that the reason they are moving to the Cayman Islands regarding income tax? The only income tax the new company will pay, will be on money made within the UK, all monies from the rest of the world will go via the Cayman Islands.

Seems to be common with US companies, Amazon & Apple do similar a thing.

Davil Gill, August 2004, "debt is the road to ruin".
    Last edited by LC77; 07-04-2012 at 13:15.

Master Poster
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioPlayStationManchester UnitedGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Yes we need a back up, but we should be looking for someone who can eventually replace him, baines is only 4 years younger than pat and soooooooooooo average, but like i mentioned, all the best LB's are gone.

Pat has been on the the decline since the World Cup. Still love the guy.
    Which is probably why Fabio has gone out on loan. If he can have a good season then he could be making regular first team appearances in the 13/14 season. Just like Cleverley and Welbeck in recent years who had good loan spells then returned to got more first team opportunities.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LC77 View Post
    Not with the type of shares they are offering. The Glazer mafia will never sell the golden goose I'm afraid. And why would anybody sell a business that makes money? If and when they ever clear the debts, they will be quids in.
    There is a few instances where they theoretically could be better of selling. One would decline in growth. Another would be a bid coming through that is big enough for them to decide they are better off taking their winnings and getting out. Owning a football team isn't a stable business, there are considerable risks with it. At some point, the Glazers will sell because they are betting against the odds so to speak, sooner or later something may blow up. It might be legislation's from the government or FIFA rules etc making it less profitable to own football clubs.

The thing that jumps out is the Cayman Islands. With all the tax avoidance going on in the UK, have the Glazers now slapped a huge target on OT?

As detailed in the SEC filling, there will be subsidiaries to Man United and those subsidiaries will pay taxes in their respective countries. Including the U.K where the majority of the revenue will come from.

Don't they only have to tax on the initial sale of shares? And isn't that the reason they are moving to the Cayman Islands regarding income tax? The only income tax the new company will pay, will be on money made within the UK, all monies from the rest of the world will go via the Cayman Islands.

Apple is listed in Delaware in the U.S still.

Dedicated Member

Apple is listed in Delaware in the U.S still.
    But pays taxes elsewhere.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/bu...ions.html?_r=3
    Last edited by LC77; 07-04-2012 at 13:21.

Ultimate Veteran
    Apple is a global company they pay taxes in a lot of places. If you want to bring back money to the U.S you'd pay taxes then on the money collected in other places. So it's supposed to even itself out but most companies just keep their money abroad. More than 50% of Apple's cash is actually abroad.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    huh?

Of course the glazers have $#@!ed us as a club!!! how can any fan think differently?!!?!?

no value in the market, means i have no money to get who i want

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Earthbound

Don't they only have to pay tax on the initial sale of shares? And isn't that the reason they are moving to the Cayman Islands regarding income tax? The only income tax the new company will pay, will be on money made within the UK, all monies from the rest of the world will go via the Cayman Islands.

You are correct. I misunderstood
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Dedicated Member

You are correct. I misunderstood
    Tax and understanding is not something that belong in the same sentence.

All I know is. If it looks like a Cayman, talks like a Cayman, chances are its a tax haven.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...?newsfeed=true

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    All they need to do is start a rumour that they willing to sell the club for the right price. 2 hours later at least 2 persons from the Middle East will make them an offer they can't refuse. I don't know why they don't just do that and get it over with.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Veteran
    Items Firefox LogoPS3 SlimUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    All they need to do is start a rumour that they willing to sell the club for the right price. 2 hours later at least 2 persons from the Middle East will make them an offer they can't refuse. I don't know why they don't just do that and get it over with.
    Already done that, I offered them £20 and a season pass to Sea World.

They turned it down

15. Likes John25 likes this post
    Master Guru
    Still very doubtful we can afford players like Modric under the Glazers.

Ultimate Veteran
    Van Persie is leaving Arsenal. I can't imagine Fergie not kicking the tires to find out the price here. Personally I'm not sure he can stay healthy enough to play in a top team.

Earthbound
    Van Persie is leaving Arsenal. I can't imagine Fergie not kicking the tires to find out the price here. Personally I'm not sure he can stay healthy enough to play in a top team.
    Arsenal are a top team. He carried them, he can do it all right.

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Carried a big part of the scoring but without people like Arteta we definitely would have been outside the top 4.

Dedicated Member

Anyone else get a bit of deja-vu with the RVP statement? I think Rooney lent him his agent to write it.

Football really is going down the toilet, when players start trying to dictate what direction they think the club should be going.

Now is the time for a very, very cheeky Wilshire bid.

21. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Master Guru
    I still don't think we need Van P.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    id love rvp, but he is city or chelski bound, id say chelski

Master Guru
    We've had enough injury prone players though.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

26. Likes Tutankhamun likes this post
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    why the $#@! have all of our opening fixtures been changed?

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    why the $#@! have all of our opening fixtures been changed?
    Look up and what do you see? Sky.

Anyone heard of this Lucas Moura?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...=feeds-newsxml

Dedicated Member
    Holy $#@!!!!! Who is this guy? Never heard of him - He has some of the best skills I have ever seen when running full speed!

Thread Information