Page 1139 of 1230 FirstFirst ... 112911391149 ... LastLast
Results 28,451 to 28,475 of 30742
    Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by R3D D3V!L View Post
    I'm going to say this, however unpopular it is, I'd rather City win the league again and get rid of the Glazers this season than keep them and win it. That's how much I despise them.
    That's nothing. I've seen people say they'd rather be relegated than have the Glazers.

And yeah if they sell 10% they own 10% less. But they've valued United at $3bn (which is absurd) on purpose, even at $2.7bn and saddled with debt United are not attractive from a buyer point of view.

This IPO will not rid United of the Glazers. It will ease the debt but it's still not good news.
    Last edited by dc89; 07-31-2012 at 00:17.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Chevrolet... (Many fans hoping they change the logo for the kit) They also sponsor Liverpool which is the icing on the cake.
    Last edited by Firefox; 07-31-2012 at 02:37.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    could be worse...could be sponsored by Vagiclean...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Master Sage
    This really shows how greedy the Glazers are and to what extent they'll go to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSz4-4bTpiA

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    $#@! the sponsor deal, where are our signings ffs, chelski are buying the whole attacking world and who do we buy? a 2nd choice AMC and some piece of $#@! youngster......

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    All man utd fans - read this - http://andersred.blogspot.co.uk/2012...-sir-alex.html

This letter was written by long standing United fans who post on the Red Issue Main Forum, I didn't have any part in writing it but would be happy to sign it.

I post it here in the hope that it receives a wider audience, especially today of all days when the Glazers again show their true colours with an IPO that enriches themselves and leaves the club in debt.
    Dear Sir Alex,
    As lifelong Manchester United fans, we are disappointed and concerned by quotes attributed to you in a recent interview. Many of us are the same fans who protested to denounce Cubic Expression back in 2005. These are the same fans who had previously offered you their unwavering support during your private dispute over Rock of Gibraltar's breeding rights, despite Cubic Expression raising some very pertinent questions. In the spirit of fairness, we would like to invite you to clarify these comments by responding to a brief summary of our concerns:
    1. You suggested that ‘the majority of real fans will look at it [Glazer ownership] and see that it’s not affecting the team’. Can you clarify what constitutes a real fan?
    2. With thousands of fans leaving the club in protest over the Glazer regime, do you consider these time-served reds to be less than real fans?
    3. Have you personally met with any of the dissenters to determine how deep their commitment and affection for United may be?
    4. What are your thoughts on an atmosphere which gets markedly worse each season as more and more local, traditional fans are marginalised and alienated from the club?
    5. You are also quoted in the interview as claiming ‘I’m absolutely comfortable with the Glazers situation. They’ve been great’. You are clearly aware of the opposition from the United fan base - does that not make you uncomfortable in any way?
    6. What, in your view, would constitute poor owners?
    7. You have repeatedly claimed to have been backed financially whenever you have requested transfer funds. Is this your only consideration when determining what represents great ownership?
    8. You continued the interview by saying that, ‘the salaries, agent fees – is just getting ridiculous now’. Whilst we agree in tone, it does represent a sea change in attitude from pre Glazer transfers. Agent fees in both the Ferdinand and Rooney transfers were criticised at the time for being excessive, so why does the club now refuse to meet market conditions for the top players?
    9. Do you believe Jorge Mendes’s £2.6m cut of the Bébé transfer, a full 35% of the total fee paid, represented good value?
    10. With more than £250k leaving the club each day to service the Glazer debt, totalling over £500m since the takeover, is it so reprehensible for us to question your constant references to ‘value’?
    Given your personal background and previous support for fan involvement we hope you take the trouble to respond to our deep concerns about both the club’s situation and the wording of the interview quoted.
    Signed
    Concerned Manchester United Fans

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    That's nothing. I've seen people say they'd rather be relegated than have the Glazers.

And yeah if they sell 10% they own 10% less. But they've valued United at $3bn (which is absurd) on purpose, even at $2.7bn and saddled with debt United are not attractive from a buyer point of view.

This IPO will not rid United of the Glazers. It will ease the debt but it's still not good news.
    I don't see how getting regulated would help the value of the club. Truth is, winning titles would help more than losing titles when it comes to getting rid of the Glazers. They clearly want out now and they want to squeeze every penny they can out of the club before they leave so it would be better if a quick sale we're to happen that won't happen unless the value is at top though.

Well a value is just that a value, they can accept a bid that's worth less if they wanted to and they might listen to offers who knows. The debt I don't think hurts United from a buyers point of view since the club is still profitable the club itself could repay the debt themselves if needed. That's not a huge issue if you we're to buy United.

Of course the IPO will not get rid of the Glazers tomorrow but it is the first baby step to get rid of them. They, by selling 10% of their owning, signals to potential buyers looking for a majority stake that the time is ripe for a bid.
    Other opinions are available.

Earthbound
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    I don't see how getting regulated would help the value of the club. Truth is, winning titles would help more than losing titles when it comes to getting rid of the Glazers. They clearly want out now and they want to squeeze every penny they can out of the club before they leave so it would be better if a quick sale we're to happen that won't happen unless the value is at top though.

Well a value is just that a value, they can accept a bid that's worth less if they wanted to and they might listen to offers who knows. The debt I don't think hurts United from a buyers point of view since the club is still profitable the club itself could repay the debt themselves if needed. That's not a huge issue if you we're to buy United.

Of course the IPO will not get rid of the Glazers tomorrow but it is the first baby step to get rid of them. They, by selling 10% of their owning, signals to potential buyers looking for a majority stake that the time is ripe for a bid.
    Your best hope is for the IPO to fail. The Glazers HAVE to pay their debts. If they can no longer rinse United, which they can't without the IPO as you don't have a lot of cash in the bank (see your latest financial results) they have to sell.

If the IPO succeeds - they will keep doing it. Paying a tiny amount of United's debt whilst lining their pockets.

Remarkable how this has happened to one of the worlds biggest clubs. If you were anything less than United, you'd be broke.
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Ultimate Veteran
    Your best hope is for the IPO to fail. The Glazers HAVE to pay their debts. If they can no longer rinse United, which they can't without the IPO as you don't have a lot of cash in the bank (see your latest financial results) they have to sell.

If the IPO succeeds - they will keep doing it. Paying a tiny amount of United's debt whilst lining their pockets.

Remarkable how this has happened to one of the worlds biggest clubs. If you were anything less than United, you'd be broke.
    The Glazer family has no money to pay the debt with. They need money fast, that's why they're selling 10% in the first place. I wouldn't be so confident they'll sell the other 90% on the stock market if the IPO succeeds. It would be more prudent for them to sell a majority share to a single entity. My hope is that the shares will be sold to a lot of different entities I don't want a majority owner tbh.

The money in the bank won't be a factor for any potential buyer. You don't buy a company for their cash reserve. Anyone buying stock will look at the growth potential before buying.

Unfortunately, this will be become more common with all these private owners. I hope FIFA forbids clubs from selling themselves in the future.

Master Sage
    How did the Glazer's take control of the club anyways? Which idiots sold to them?

Earthbound
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    The Glazer family has no money to pay the debt with. They need money fast, that's why they're selling 10% in the first place. I wouldn't be so confident they'll sell the other 90% on the stock market if the IPO succeeds. It would be more prudent for them to sell a majority share to a single entity. My hope is that the shares will be sold to a lot of different entities I don't want a majority owner tbh.

The money in the bank won't be a factor for any potential buyer. You don't buy a company for their cash reserve. Anyone buying stock will look at the growth potential before buying.

Unfortunately, this will be become more common with all these private owners. I hope FIFA forbids clubs from selling themselves in the future.
    What I meant about the cash in the bank is that using that is not a option for them to pay the debts with. If I remember from the financial results yesterday there is £40M cash.

It wouldn't put off a buyer, but a good thing IMO for United is it's not like you have £100m sat there that the Glazers could fiddle with.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
    How did the Glazer's take control of the club anyways? Which idiots sold to them?
    It's long and convoluted but a blunt view is Fergie fell out with the previous majority shareholders over a race horse. They sold to the Glazer's IIRC.

Ultimate Veteran
    A bit of unfortunate incidents leading up to todays situation. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manches...p_and_finances

What I meant about the cash in the bank is that using that is not a option for them to pay the debts with. If I remember from the financial results yesterday there is £40M cash.

It wouldn't put off a buyer, but a good thing IMO for United is it's not like you have £100m sat there that the Glazers could fiddle with.
    Indeed. But I don't think they have any assets left to, themselves, pay off the debt with. So in essence they have to sell somehow. And they took the best route out for them. But I never thought it would happen any other way.

Dedicated Member

Rock Of Gibraltar.

Funny how there is no mention of the IPO on the United website, maybe the owners are to ashamed to publish the kind of fleecing they're upto.

I look forward to the first journalist asking if its true Fergie is set to make oodles of cash from the sale..... there are going to be a lot of empty press conferences this season.
    Last edited by LC77; 07-31-2012 at 14:43.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Sports
    Tigers tie up Amos loan

Hull City have confirmed Manchester United goalkeeper Ben Amos has officially completed his season-long loan move to the KC Stadium.

Amos had agreed to join the Tigers earlier this month and linked up with Steve Bruce's squad for a pre-season training camp in Portugal.

The 22-year-old subsequently took part in United's early pre-season action, but has now headed to Hull ahead of the new Championship campaign.
    Sky Sports*

Good for Amos. I just hope neither De Gea or Lindeegard goes down with a serious injury.

Master Poster
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioPlayStationManchester UnitedGoogle Chrome
    I went to see Team GB Vs Uruguay today at the Millenium Stadium, it was good to see Cleverley play, he is looking good for next season. Gutted Giggs didn't play!

Was amusing booing Suarez at every touch, whole stadium was doing it. He had a bad game too which added to the fun. He had a hissy fit near HT, sat on the ground throwing bits of turf around like a 2 year old.
    Last edited by santinomarella; 08-02-2012 at 03:56.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    If you're gonna boo him go ahead, nobody cares, but to do it during Uruguay's national anthem you're a $#@! of the highest order.

EDIT: "you" is being used in a general sense here, not directing it at anyone in particular.
    Last edited by Shibby; 08-02-2012 at 04:03.

Master Poster
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioPlayStationManchester UnitedGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    If you're gonna boo him go ahead, nobody cares, but to do it during Uruguay's national anthem you're a $#@! of the highest order.
    Actually the booing during the national anthem was limited, and only happened when he was shown on the big screen at the end of the anthem.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by santinomarella View Post
    Actually the booing during the national anthem was limited, and only happened when he was shown on the big screen at the end of the anthem.
    No I get that it wasn't directed at the anthem but at him, but it's still during the anthem, and as such, an incredibly disrespectful thing to do.

Master Poster
    No I get that it wasn't directed at the anthem but at him, but it's still during the anthem, and as such, an incredibly disrespectful thing to do.
    As I said the booing during the anthem was limited, it was only when he touched the ball he was booed. A very friendly atmosphere all around with lots of banter between, Team Gb, Uruguay, Mexico and Switzerland fans who were all there that day.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by santinomarella View Post
    As I said the booing during the anthem was limited
    That doesn't make it acceptable though, it still happened.

Master Poster
    That doesn't make it acceptable though, it still happened.
    I know that, but as I said in my original post the amusement of the boo's was whenever he touched the ball.

Veteran
    Fair enough.

Veteran
    Items Firefox LogoPS3 SlimUser name style
    It shows what a massive $#@! Suarez is if people take the time to boo him during the national anthem.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

24. Likes 33x , StaticAge, Sleepy likes this post
    Veteran
    The media says "jump", Britain says "how high?".

Veteran
    Items Firefox LogoPS3 SlimUser name style
    Take off your support Suarez t shirt and realise people just dont like the guy. I dont think I need to post a list of reasons why either, anyway, whatever, have a good day!

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Thread Information