Page 1140 of 1230 FirstFirst ... 113011401150 ... LastLast
Results 28,476 to 28,500 of 30740
    Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    I'm just saying that tons of people read headlines and don't form their own opinions. I'm not saying those opinions would be different if they weren't spoon-fed to them.

It's almost the PC thing to do to hate on him. Doesn't bother me, boo him all you like.

Master Guru
    Suarez has brought it all on himself!

Yeah you shouldn't boo a national anthem apart from the English one.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Bebe participated and scored in a reserves pre-season game yesterday. He's scored in every game he's played thus far I think. Looks like he might actually be fighting for a spot in the big team.
    Other opinions are available.

Master Poster
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioPlayStationManchester UnitedGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    I'm just saying that tons of people read headlines and don't form their own opinions. I'm not saying those opinions would be different if they weren't spoon-fed to them.

It's almost the PC thing to do to hate on him. Doesn't bother me, boo him all you like.
    As manutdfan said, Suarez has brought this on himself. Numerous incidents throughout his career he has been in the spotlight for negative things, from racial abuse, diving, cheating, biting and persistently yelling at officials.

These kind of things are going to get him booed, it isn't all to do with the media like Liverpool fans always claim, fans can see for themselves when he starts doing stuff like this. Look at Ashley Young from last season, he got booed for his antics, Suarez does this too and more.

A lot of the boos he does receive are simply from fans trying to wind him up because it's likely it will get a reaction from him, after a frustrating first half yesterday he started punching the ground and throwing turf, it's hilarious and it's what the fans want from him. It's just like how players try and wind up certain players to get a reaction out of them and see them get in trouble.

You can blame the media all you want but fans don't need a news article to tell them what this player is like.

5. Likes 33x likes this post
    Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Suarez is a $#@!er

/discussion is now ended because I have spoken.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

7. Likes Tutankhamun likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchester Evening News
    Sir Alex Ferguson speaks out over Manchester United share issue

Sir Alex Ferguson has today released a statement about Manchester United planned share issue.

"Being aware of the media coverage that is currently ongoing I felt, on this occasion, that I should make my position clear to the Manchester United fans.

"In regards to suggestions that I have praised the Glazer Family because I stand to financially benefit from the proposed IPO, there is not a single grain of truth in this allegation. I do not receive any payments, directly or indirectly, from the IPO.

"Ultimately, I run the football side of this club and in order to do this, you need backing from above.

"The Glazer family have let me get on with my job, there is no interference or obstruction, only support.

"My decisions and beliefs are not based around what is best for my personal financial gain. That is an accusation that insults me. If that was the case, I would have left Old Trafford a long time ago.

"I am speaking out because I do not want a situation to develop whereby the media and other parties create a rift, however small, between myself and any Manchester United fan. I've spent 25 years of my life pushing this club forward and not only could I not have done it without those fans, I do it for them."
    Manchester Evening News*

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Fergie just doesn't get it, United fans do not like to read this - "there is no interference or obstruction, only support." Maybe words of support, but certainly not the money. Someone needs to directly ask him:

"Have the Glazers' financial difficulties impacted in the transfers coming in to the squad?" There's pretty tangible evidence they have.

But no one will, because they will get banned. But they should.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

10. Likes 33x likes this post
    Dedicated Member

Funny how all the talk is now about the IPO, Glazers & Fergie. What happened to the chatter about players coming in?

So far this summer is similar to last. The biggest signing United have talked about, is a spangly new sponsorship deal.

12. Likes 33x likes this post
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by santinomarella View Post
    As manutdfan said, Suarez has brought this on himself. Numerous incidents throughout his career he has been in the spotlight for negative things, from racial abuse, diving, cheating, biting and persistently yelling at officials.

These kind of things are going to get him booed, it isn't all to do with the media like Liverpool fans always claim, fans can see for themselves when he starts doing stuff like this. Look at Ashley Young from last season, he got booed for his antics, Suarez does this too and more.

A lot of the boos he does receive are simply from fans trying to wind him up because it's likely it will get a reaction from him, after a frustrating first half yesterday he started punching the ground and throwing turf, it's hilarious and it's what the fans want from him. It's just like how players try and wind up certain players to get a reaction out of them and see them get in trouble.

You can blame the media all you want but fans don't need a news article to tell them what this player is like.
    I'm not saying he didn't bring it on himself. I clearly said the opinion would probably be unchanged.

But $#@! like THIS is unacceptable from the media and doesn't help at all.

Master Poster
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioPlayStationManchester UnitedGoogle Chrome
    I don't get why so many people are wanting or expecting Sir Alex to speak negatively about the Glazers, they're his boss, you do that you get sacked. The last thing we need going into a new season is a row between Sir Alex and the Glazers.

15. Likes Tutankhamun likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    Fergie just doesn't get it, United fans do not like to read this - "there is no interference or obstruction, only support." Maybe words of support, but certainly not the money. Someone needs to directly ask him:

"Have the Glazers' financial difficulties impacted in the transfers coming in to the squad?" There's pretty tangible evidence they have.

He's getting the support he wants which is money. £50m last season and £25m this season thus far testifies to that.

People think we don't have money just because we won't pay astronomical fees and wages. But that doesn't mean we couldn't, it just means we won't. I happen to agree that the money clubs like Chelsea, City and PSG are throwing around is stupid money and it'll come back to bite them.

Veteran
    Items Firefox LogoPS3 SlimUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    I'm not saying he didn't bring it on himself. I clearly said the opinion would probably be unchanged.

But $#@! like THIS is unacceptable from the media and doesn't help at all.
    Did I click the right link? I saw the guardian saying that Suarez was accused of using racist language.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd
    Rio Ferdinand denies FA charge

"Manchester United’s Rio Ferdinand has today [Thursday 2 August] denied an FA charge of improper conduct in relation to comments posted on Twitter.

"The allegation is that the player acted in a way which was improper and/or brought the game into disrepute by making comments which included a reference to ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race.

"The player has requested a personal hearing."
    manutd.com*

I confess I don't remember what Tweet he's charged for. Nor would I understand it anyway, the slang Rio uses goes way over my understanding.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by yourmumsface17 View Post
    Did I click the right link? I saw the guardian saying that Suarez was accused of using racist language.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk
    its a side by side of guardian reporting Terry and Suarez FA charges. The body of the text is EXACTLY the same. The headline for Suarez: charged with racism. For Terry: charged with abusive language.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by LC77 View Post
    Funny how all the talk is now about the IPO, Glazers & Fergie. What happened to the chatter about players coming in?

So far this summer is similar to last. The biggest signing United have talked about, is a spangly new sponsorship deal.
    i was just about to post the exact same thing......chelski are signing all the attacking talent around, arsenal are signing players, citeh cant just yet and we are dithering about this $#@!.....i didnt really belive we could afford to $#@! £50mil on rvp and moura......

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    manutd.com*

I confess I don't remember what Tweet he's charged for. Nor would I understand it anyway, the slang Rio uses goes way over my understanding.
    he RT someone calling ashley cole a choc ice....i must confess, im black and from london and ive NEVER heard that before!! but apparently it means a bounty, some one who is black but is white on the inside.....kinda like a carlton (fresh prince)

i dont even get why he is being charged, he didnt say it, he just said i hear ya fella!

Ultimate Veteran
    I would say Kagawa was a really big signing. Some fans seems to think we we're the only one in for him - that wasn't the case. Getting Kagawa was a big accomplishment.

It's hard to argue that the transfer policy of Chelsea and City is healthy long-term. It is easy to see their signings over the years as good value short term but taking a broader perspective that's not the type of deals you'd want your club to make to survive long-term.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post

You are on my $#@!ing last nerve

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Earthbound
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    he RT someone calling ashley cole a choc ice....i must confess, im black and from london and ive NEVER heard that before!! but apparently it means a bounty, some one who is black but is white on the inside.....kinda like a carlton (fresh prince)

i dont even get why he is being charged, he didnt say it, he just said i hear ya fella!
    I've never heard it before either. And I usually know all the insults :P

Quote Originally Posted by bewaresuckers View Post
    Is there a hide button on here? I'd like to block certain trolling $#@!s. And stop talking about Suaracist, this is the United thread.
    Well there used to be a Ignore feature. But as a mod I can't ignore people so I don't know where it is or how to do it! Maybe someone else can tell you.

--

Inter edge closer to Moura. Apparently a fee has been agreed.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...paulo?cc=5739#
    Last edited by dc89; 08-03-2012 at 08:04.
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Nuri sahin is available on loan and we aint even trying to get him............

yeah, cos carrick and scholes are the way forward ffs

Master Guru
    We don't want players on loan unless there's an option to buy them.

Dedicated Member

I would say Kagawa was a really big signing. Some fans seems to think we we're the only one in for him - that wasn't the case. Getting Kagawa was a big accomplishment.

It's hard to argue that the transfer policy of Chelsea and City is healthy long-term. It is easy to see their signings over the years as good value short term but taking a broader perspective that's not the type of deals you'd want your club to make to survive long-term.
    I think he is a great signing, but from the outside it looks like he only wanted to join United. So hardly a big accomplishment, same goes for Powell too. I'm just pleased the two players signed so far chose to join the club. After the Hazard nonsene, footballers had begun to turn my stomach even more than usual.

As the squad stands I think they'll win the PL, but are they any closer in Europe?

One thing that sticks out in the Fergie statement,

"My decisions and beliefs are not based around what is best for my personal financial gain.

"That is an accusation that insults me. If that was the case I would have left Old Trafford a long time ago.
    In that little part, even he himself thinks United do not pay him enough.

Funny how the Glazers seem to be the highest paid players at the club, for doing diddly squat.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack

Big signing? Your kidding me right. he was blatantly our 2nd and cheaper option. Defo not big accomplishment in my eyes.

With the players that chelski are signing, they are all young, so cant really say they are a short term option. i wouldve loved some of their signings.

granted we are TRYING to get more players in, but i bet will start away at everton with the team with have now......

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    @bewaresuckers Are you serious? Dc89 and three-three times constantly ignore your rule breaking in this thread. (Quite a few posts bad enough they were deleted) He's been on this thread for ages and no one is going to block him except you.

DC brings something to this thread but everytime I see you all I see are insults towards other members... I can't remember what you ever posted here that was constructive in any way.

Stop being so serious and insulting. I'm surprised DC or three three times haven't done anything about your posts.
    Last edited by Firefox; 08-03-2012 at 17:05.

Earthbound
    I'm at work just checking in! 33X has done what was needed, how many chances is the guy going to need?

Yeah, sometimes I go over the top with the anti-United stuff. But most of the time I back up what I am saying with an opinion and if you can't handle it you might just need to take a look at yourself.

Thread Information