Page 1161 of 1230 FirstFirst ... 115111611171 ... LastLast
Results 29,001 to 29,025 of 30742
    Master Poster
    We really aren't a very good team so far this season. Very average today. We'll do very well to win this.

Edit: Thank $#@! for Van Persie. There can't be any doubt that he was well worth the money. Pulled us level again.

Edit again: We are simpy horrendously poor. We're making Southhampton look like Barcelona. Two nearly identical goals, extremely poor goals to concede as well. I'm brutally honest if I tell you how staggered I am at the appalling lack of quality from our side. We are several levels below Europe's elite.
    Last edited by Metal Warrior; 09-02-2012 at 17:18.

2. Likes 33x likes this post
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Wow, Van Persie getting a hat trick to save the day!

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Fitting, perhaps, that on Fegie's 100th league game we win it with a late goal.
    Other opinions are available.

5. Likes santinomarella likes this post
    Master Poster
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioPlayStationManchester UnitedGoogle Chrome
    Wow!!!! We were awful today lol, but great comeback!!!! I love the buzz these comebacks give me. I need to run around.

Veteran
    Items Firefox LogoPS3 SlimUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by THUGGEDOUT View Post
    Wow, Van Persie getting a hat trick to save the day!
    We're a one man team

Piers Morgan has had a meltdown

Ultimate Veteran
    Yeah. The performances this season has been unacceptable. We need a response next game.

Might give BŁttner a debut, too. Not impressed with Evra.

Master Poster
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioPlayStationManchester UnitedGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    Yeah. The performances this season has been unacceptable. We need a response next game.

Might give BŁttner a debut, too. Not impressed with Evra.
    At home to Wigan next I think, would be a good time for him to make his debut.

Ultimate Veteran
    Aye. Wigan next.

Love RVP's attitude in his Sky interview, more pissed about the penalty than pleased about the hat trick.

Elite Member
    Items Tommy VercettiGameboy PurpleNintendoThe X-Files

PSU Editorial Assistant
    PSN ID
    Diablo_Rosso
    Items User name styleManchester UnitedPlayStation
    We didn't deserve to win but RVP saved the day, even if his penality taking leaves something to be desired.

Dedicated Member

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by yourmumsface17 View Post
    Lol what, don't you guys get Olympiakos every year tbh all the English teams par City can be very pleased, Chelsea's could have been so much harder if Shakthar was replaced by say Valencia.
    Shakhtar are a quality side. They beat us season before last, their Brazilians may not be high profile but still top players. I was praying we wouldn't get them, think they'll beat Chelsea at home

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Right, win aside, that was ANOTHER awful performance from us.

We had to rely on a 37 to change the the game.
    Evra is done.
    Wasnt rafas fault for the 1st goal, where was vida or rio?
    Why was a striker (Welbz) playing on the left when we have nani?
    Why wasnt CM properly addressed? we are liking a cheap $#@! through the middle of the pitch, so easily got at.
    Chico also made the difference when he came on.
    DDG shouldnt of been dropped, that was VERY harsh. I actually think he saved either of their headers!

Tbh, i know rio/vida aint played together since basle and both are coming off injuries, but still, i expect better from them

Where was ando? he wouldve got stuck in.

Carrick seemed to forget that he was playing in CM, a lot a mis placed passes from him

Didnt use Kagawa well. He had a poor game. Learning curve.
    Last edited by 33x; 09-03-2012 at 09:28.

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Dedicated Member

Awful performance yesterday. At times in posession of the ball, Carrick looked like he was auditioning for a part in The Walking Dead. Rio looked like he was tweeting during the game, but the most shocking thing for me Mike Phelan.

Isn't he the assistant manager at United? Someone needs to get the bloke a onesie, during the game he looked like a big tired old baby. He couldn't even be arsed to get up when RvP scored. And if a team reflects its manager/assistant manager, of late it is doing. Tired, sluggish and just plain old.

And now Fergie has set a precedent for a player making one mistake. Will Silva and Evra to be dropped from the next game? Felt sorry for De Gea yesterday, bad enough to be dropped but for the manager to be so public about it, not good.

On the bright side, Liverpool.

PSU Editorial Assistant
    PSN ID
    Diablo_Rosso
    De Gea will be back for the Wigan game. I have a feeling we might see Buttner make his debut too. If he has anything about him, he could be no. 1 LB by Christmas.

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Watched MoTD2 this morning. United back to their old tricks of turning games around, didn't anyone tell Fergie it's now called Manicni Time?

Joking aside, RVP looks ruthless. Scholes ran the midfield when he came on which leads to one question...

How can Fergie not invest in a quality CM when Scholes is 37 years old and he won't be around for many more years?

United will struggle against any team who can out boss them in midfield this season. Everton did and you lost. Southampton did and you almost lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    Joking aside, RVP looks ruthless. Scholes ran the midfield when he came on which leads to one question...

How can Fergie not invest in a quality CM when Scholes is 37 years old and he won't be around for many more years?

United will struggle against any team who can out boss them in midfield this season. Everton did and you lost. Southampton did and you almost lost.
    Where do you find a CM that can immediately step in and take over from one of the best midfielders to ever play the game? I think that's the issue, Fergie said a few years ago he'd spend big to replace Giggs and Scholes but there's two, maybe three, midfielders in the world that can replace Scholes and Barcelona isn't selling.

Replacing Scholes may end having to be, by necessity, a multi-man job. Seems very unlikely we'll ever be blessed with a CM of his quality again.

Master Poster
    There can be absolutely no excuses if you watch someone like Dembťlť move to Spurs for 15M. That's all I want to say on the subject.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Its not even replacing scholes that is the issue, its the fact we get bullied in CM ALL THE $#@!ING TIME.

Yet he seems to think we can just outscore everyone all the time.........................."shakes head"

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Ultimate Veteran
    I'd bring in M'Villa to bring some truculence and belligerence to the midfield. He'd also be a good replacement for Fletcher right away or when needed if Fletch can come back to his top level.

Think we have enough offensive talent in the MF with Clev and Kagawa to pass on players like Dembele.

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    Where do you find a CM that can immediately step in and take over from one of the best midfielders to ever play the game? I think that's the issue, Fergie said a few years ago he'd spend big to replace Giggs and Scholes but there's two, maybe three, midfielders in the world that can replace Scholes and Barcelona isn't selling.

Replacing Scholes may end having to be, by necessity, a multi-man job. Seems very unlikely we'll ever be blessed with a CM of his quality again.
    Buying a ready made replacement is now United's problem. If they invested in a CM a season or two ago like every United fan was crying out for then there wouldn't be this problem. You'd have a younger midfielder who has learned from one of the best for two seasons or so.

Many quality midfielders have moved to other clubs and United haven't shown an interest in them.

Spurs almost capturing Moutinho for £22m. United should go for him, he has everything it takes to be a top midfielder.

Yaya Toure is the leagues best midfielder without a doubt. He cost £24m and that's proved to be a steal.
    Last edited by dc89; 09-04-2012 at 14:04.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

PSU Editorial Assistant
    PSN ID
    Diablo_Rosso
    United don't need a creative midfielder, we need a player who can boss the midfield and control the play. Basically, we need someone like Yaya Toure, he is City's most important player if you ask me. I think Cheik Tiote is good shout but he's a dirty bastard.

Ultimate Veteran
    Buying a ready made replacement is now United's problem. If they invested in a CM a season or two ago like every United fan was crying out for then there wouldn't be this problem. You'd have a younger midfielder who has learned from one of the best for two seasons or so.

Many quality midfielders have moved to other clubs and United haven't shown an interest in them.

Spurs almost capturing Moutinho for £22m. United should go for him, he has everything it takes to be a top midfielder.

Yaya Toure is the leagues best midfielder without a doubt. He cost £24m and that's proved to be a steal.
    I don't think anyone that's been on the market these last few years, except Modric, has what it takes to reach Scholes level.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    I doubt even modric has what it takes...he's been a proper lazy $#@! at times...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Dedicated Member

That was during the "no value" years.

I think Fergie realises he will never replace Scholes and is kicking it down the road for the next bloke.

Thread Information