Page 1170 of 1230 FirstFirst ... 116011701180 ... LastLast
Results 29,226 to 29,250 of 30737
    Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Since, as you said, a picture doesn't tell the story.

What a $#@! Shelvey is, winning the ball, getting two footed, and not laying on the ground crying like a $#@! about it, how dare he.

Master Poster
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioPlayStationManchester UnitedGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post

What a $#@! Shelvey is, winning the ball, getting two footed, and not laying on the ground crying like a $#@! about it, how dare he.
    Crying like a $#@!? Have you missed the part where his foot goes right into Evans' leg? Have you missed the part where Evans gets to the ball first???

Veteran
    Items Firefox LogoPS3 SlimUser name style

Was gonna post this one, thanks.

That gif shows me that firstly, Evans gets to the ball first. Secondly Evans left foot is no where near Shelvey, thirdly Evans goes into the tackle with his studs down, it's a passing motion, not a studing motion.

Unlike Shelvey who goes in with his studs up.

Anyway I am not here to point score, but that's my interpretation of the GIF.

Veteran
    No, I said "not" crying like a $#@!. Not implying anything about Evans.

Listen, I'm not saying Evans wasn't fouled. He was. I'm just adding to the "Evans should have seen red too" bit.

Have you missed the part where Evans leaves the ground with 2 feet and goes into Shelvey?

Have you missed all the clamor that was in this thread when Kompany got sent off last season when he did much less than Evans there?

Doesn't matter if he "gets him" or not, the intent was there. By rule, Evans should see red.
    Last edited by Shibby; 09-23-2012 at 16:38.

Master Poster
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioPlayStationManchester UnitedGoogle Chrome
    No, I said "not" crying like a $#@!. Not implying anything about Evans.

Listen, I'm not saying Evans wasn't fouled. He was. I'm just adding to the "Evans should have seen red too" bit.

Have you missed the part where Evans leaves the ground with 2 feet and goes into Shelvey?

I haven't missed it because Evans doesn't do that, Evans dives in and wins the ball, as YMF has said he wasn't near Shelvey. Shelvey is the one who dives in and after Evans has won the ball and gets Evans in the leg, that's dangerous.

Have you missed all the clamor that was in this thread when Kompany got sent off last season when he did much less than Evans there?

Kompanys challenge was very similar to Shelveys, 2 foot lung, legs apart. Look at how Evans dives in, legs together straight after the ball, with Shelveys legs apart there's going to be a bigger range of impact.

Master Guru
    They didn't even show the Fergie interview on SS

Veteran
    How are you calling Shelvey's tackle two footed? His left leg is bent behind him until the end.

Yes Evans legs are together, both of them, two footed, studs forward.

Shelvey's is studs forward, but one foot.

Shelvey makes a kicking motion at the ball, Evans makes a lunging motion.
    Last edited by Shibby; 09-23-2012 at 16:51.

Master Guru
    I'd love to go to Anfield to hear the fans signing you'll never walk alone, great atmosphere!!

One of a few grounds I'd love to go to Nou camp as well.

Master Poster
    Evans dives in after the ball with both feet and wins it, Shelvey dives in legs all over the place, OK yep might have not been fully 2 footed but that doesn't change anything. He dives in, right leg into Evans leg, could have potentially caused a very serious injury.

Veteran
    IIRC, Kompany also won the ball when he was sent off. With dangerous play, winning the ball is kind of thrown out the window, especially when you don't win it convincingly, even in the slow-mo gif, their feet touch the ball almost simultaneously, with Evans getting there a moment before.

Master Poster
    Go and watch the Kompnay Challenge, its a lot different than Evans and much more dangerous.

Veteran
    I have watched it, and the only difference is that Nani was already in possession when he slid in.

I'd say in a 50-50 situation it's more dangerous.

Veteran
    How are you calling Shelvey's tackle two footed? His left leg is bent behind him until the end.

Yes Evans legs are together, both of them, two footed, studs forward.

Shelvey's is studs forward, but one foot.

Shelvey makes a kicking motion at the ball, Evans makes a lunging motion.
    Nice edit from "studs up" to "studs forward"

Evans left foot is absolutely no where near Shelvey, infact that is the leg where Shelveys studs are studing into.

Evans right foot is at the side, he goes in tough, but fair and he wins the ball. Shelvey went in with little control and was reckless with his studs raised. Regardless Shelvey should have been booked before that when he committed a horrible challenge on Rafael. (It might have been Valencia)

It's amazing how people can have such different views of something they both see, an argument against video technology in football?

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    End of the day; Go in with your studs up and you run the risk of being sent off. The refs don't have the benefit of Kremlinology on so-so quality GIF's.
    Other opinions are available.

Master Poster
    I'm talking about the manor in which Kompany and Shelvey have dived in, resembles that of a long jumper, you often see a player get in trouble for these style of lunges. The difference I see with those challenges and Evans' one, is that Evans dives in feet together and goes straight to the ball, he seems more in control of his lunge and where his boots will end up and as opposed to a wild lunge.

It would be good if we got to hear from referee's after the game, it might well be a case that he sent just Shelvey off as the lunge make big contact with Evans leg.
    Last edited by santinomarella; 09-23-2012 at 17:12.

Master Guru
    You could argue both should of been sent off

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by santinomarella View Post
    I'm talking about the manor in which Kompany and Shelvey have dived in, resembles that of a long jumper, you often see a player get in trouble for these style of lunges. The difference I see with those challenges and Evans' one, is that Evans dives in feet together and goes straight to the ball, he seems more in control of his lunge and where his boots will end up and as opposed to a wild lunge.

It would be good if we got to hear from referee's after the game, it might well be a case that he sent just Shelvey off as the lunge make big contact with Evans leg.

That's the problem. "Dives in feet together" is the same thing as "two-footed lunge", just trying to ease the impact of the words with different rhetoric.

Once again, I'm not defending Shelvey's tackle. I was only defending that one of you called it "two footed" when it wasnt.

Veteran

Looks a push.

Why is it only United's decisions that get this scrutinised

Ultimate Veteran
    The penalty incident was both a push and the Liverpool's players leg caught Valencia high on Valencia's leg. . The player himself didn't complain that tells you all you need to know about that incident.
    Other opinions are available.

Master Poster
    That's the problem. "Dives in feet together" is the same thing as "two-footed lunge", just trying to ease the impact of the words with different rhetoric.
    It's not the problem, because it shows he is in control of the tackle. Feet together going directly at the the target, the ball. If he legs were not together highly likely one would be going straight into Shelvey and therefore making him worthy of a red card. If the feet aren't together when diving into the ball, there's the potential for more targets getting hit, one could be the ball the other could be Shelvey. Legs together going straight for the same target and gets it.

Master Guru
    Yeah it looked a penalty in real time and in the replays. Like T said as well Johnson didn't complain, protest..

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    We should have beaten City there but Gervinho was back to his old self. It really was a great day for Chelsea and Manchester United mostly.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Very impressed with Arsenal this season, I thought they would of flopped, but I really think they have a good chance of a title shot.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Veteran
    http://twitter.yfrog.com/06u5tokbgkvoblxqnlkupfhjz

No using the "just a few" excuse there, either. That's pretty much the entire section. Bunch of pussies too. Wait until everyone and their manager who scolded them leaves.

Veteran
    http://twitter.yfrog.com/06u5tokbgkvoblxqnlkupfhjz

No using the "just a few" excuse there, either. That's pretty much the entire section. Bunch of pussies too. Wait until everyone and their manager who scolded them leaves.

If it helps a LFC fan was arrested for pretending to be an aeroplane... I can't tell how many people are singing it, but it's obviously stupid to sing.

In regards to the MUFC fans today, during the game they were ace, outsung the Kop for most of it.

I like how you disapear for long periods until you find something online that suits your team I might go find a load of crap and post it in your thread, spread the love.

EDIT: Also I love how there are certain people here who seem to think Sky support Man United, yet they are the one have been posting tweets and videos all evening of United fans "not respecting" the Hillsborough tribute, I thought they were fine during the actual thing, they just sang above Never walk alone after (Which is what you guys do every game) atleast that's what I saw.

Why haven't Sky posted tweets about LFC fans booing a player who was racially abused... :P but that's a whole new debate that I do not want to go into.
    Last edited by yourmumsface17; 09-23-2012 at 18:59.

26. Likes LC77 likes this post

Thread Information