Page 1179 of 1230 FirstFirst ... 116911791189 ... LastLast
Results 29,451 to 29,475 of 30742
    Veteran
    Items Firefox LogoPS3 SlimUser name style
    I don't get it, I know they might go out of Europe, but he has had a good start to the season! So under Roman if you start losing a couple games you are out on your arse? How can he afford to keep sacking people?

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Who cares, $#@! chelsea, they are a joke of a club and the worst of the worst. they are scum. hope they rot in hell

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Master Poster
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioPlayStationManchester UnitedGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    I totally agree with what Metal is saying, most of you cant look past the fact that cos Giggs & Scholes are legends, they should be nowhere near our 1st team. Our CM needs energy and Clevz/Ando provide that.

I thought the boys did really well last night too. Good to see we have all our CB's now, i dont count Vida anymore as i dont think he will come back........sadly.

Now, just to get Kagawa fit!
    I never said Scholes should be a regular first team player, I said he didn't deserve to be branded atrocious and that he has been useful to us, hardly saying I think he should be a regular first team player is it.

And I haven't seen anyone defend Giggs, he does deserve the tagline atrocious for this season.

Master Guru
    Mourinho is awesome in his press conference after the game yesterday, said if I didn't qualify my boss would sack me and walked out laughing.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by manutdfan View Post
    Mourinho is awesome in his press conference after the game yesterday, said if I didn't qualify my boss would sack me and walked out laughing.
    In so many words.

Master Poster
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioPlayStationManchester UnitedGoogle Chrome
    The unveiling of Ferguson's statue is on MUTV at 1:30 today, its freeview for anyone not a subscriber.

Last edited by santinomarella; 11-23-2012 at 11:34.

Master Poster
    It feels awful to criticize Fergie on a special day like today, but this team selection is even worse than the previous ones. I can only conclude that not a single person at our club has a clue what they're doing. Horrendous team selections, horrendous football, just all round dreadful I'm afraid.

Master Poster
    Anderson changed the game in my opinion, great performance!

2 CM's have to be one of Scholes/Carrick/Fletcher and one of Anerson/Cleverley.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I thought after QPR scored the firs goal of the game, that it would eventually go their way... MU decided not to let them take that route. Decent game for sure. Enjoyed watching it.

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by santinomarella View Post
    Anderson changed the game in my opinion, great performance!

2 CM's have to be one of Scholes/Carrick/Fletcher and one of Anerson/Cleverley.
    Scholes and Fletcher have no business starting games. Fletcher can maybe get there with more minutes because he simply lacks the strength and energy at the moment, but for Scholes this is a season too many. He was beyond dreadful, the worst Paul Scholes I've ever seen. I'd rather start both Anderson and Cleverley. The football would be much better and how much worse can they be defensively than our other options?

11. Likes 33x likes this post
    Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Warrior View Post
    Scholes and Fletcher have no business starting games. Fletcher can maybe get there with more minutes because he simply lacks the strength and energy at the moment, but for Scholes this is a season too many. He was beyond dreadful, the worst Paul Scholes I've ever seen. I'd rather start both Anderson and Cleverley. The football would be much better and how much worse can they be defensively than our other options?
    I agree that Scholes shouldn't be starting games, but up until the changes today it wasn't just the centre of midfield that was the problem. All round we were poor. We can criticise the team selection all we want but those 11 players are perfectly capable of beating QPR at home, a team who haven't won a game all season, don't have a manager, had scored 9 goals in the league and I could go on even longer about how poor of a team QPR are.

I also don't see what Young brings to the team, he has been awful this season too, sign Nani up quick!

Master Poster
    We can criticise the team selection all we want but those 11 players are perfectly capable of beating QPR at home, a team who haven't won a game all season, don't have a manager, had scored 9 goals in the league and I could go on even longer about how poor of a team QPR are.
    See, I don't buy this. If you're putting out 11 individuals and play the game on paper, we'd have won comfortably against Norwich as well. The problem is, that's exactly what we're doing, putting out a group of individuals without actually thinking about how it'll all work together. More often than not, our midfield pairings in particular have been a recipe for disaster, and yesterday was a perfect example of that.

You don't have to be a genius to predict that a Darren Fletcher who'se clearly lacking energy to play to his full potential and an aging Paul Scholes means we'll lack any sort of mobility or pressing in midfield. And even against cannon fodder, that will hurt your chances, as we've seen against QPR, Norwich, Aston Villa and many matches before it, even if we eventually got a result on most of those occasions. You can stick your head in the sand and say "we've got enough quality out there to win those games", or you can start to realise that without a proper game plan and compatible players on the pitch, all that quality doesn't matter so much. Tactics matter, and we need to improve in that area to maximize our chances to win each game.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Scholes should be nowhere near our 1st team anymore. the prem is all about energy and pace. he should just be a sub option,.

metal is talking perfect sense, its not hard to see our CM is so ponderous

Agree about A Young, think he is MUFC's most unliked player atm!
    Last edited by 33x; 11-25-2012 at 21:07.

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Warrior View Post
    See, I don't buy this. If you're putting out 11 individuals and play the game on paper, we'd have won comfortably against Norwich as well. The problem is, that's exactly what we're doing, putting out a group of individuals without actually thinking about how it'll all work together. More often than not, our midfield pairings in particular have been a recipe for disaster, and yesterday was a perfect example of that.

You don't have to be a genius to predict that a Darren Fletcher who'se clearly lacking energy to play to his full potential and an aging Paul Scholes means we'll lack any sort of mobility or pressing in midfield. And even against cannon fodder, that will hurt your chances, as we've seen against QPR, Norwich, Aston Villa and many matches before it, even if we eventually got a result on most of those occasions. You can stick your head in the sand and say "we've got enough quality out there to win those games", or you can start to realise that without a proper game plan and compatible players on the pitch, all that quality doesn't matter so much. Tactics matter, and we need to improve in that area to maximize our chances to win each game.
    I agree with you on the midfield, everyone does. But I stand by saying that the team is capable of beating QPR at home. The team was hardly a team of individuals though and saying the team don't have a game plan is over the top as well. You've been making good points in recent posts but then say nonsense like Sir Alex has lost the plot, doesn't have a clue and has no game plan. Do you really think he's just picking names out of a hat to decide who will play in CM and say go out there and see what happens.

He's Sir Alex Ferguson, there may be some questionable team selections on occasions but he will know what his intentions are when selecting those teams, you're speaking as if he just puts a team together out of nothing and hopes for the best.

Players like Anderson and Cleverley need to play more and the improvement in tempo from our midfield is obvious when they play, but they can't play all games, we have West Ham mid week and Reading away next weekend, both of which are tougher fixtures. Old Scholes and still returning to full fitness Fletcher at home against the worst team in the league saves Carrick, Cleverley and Anderson for more difficult games coming up within the same week. You suggested earlier that you would have been happier with Cleverley and Anderson playing against QPR if I recall correctly, well they wouldn't then play in tougher games against West Ham and Reading and I bet everyone would love a Scholes and Giggs CM partnership in one of the upcoming games.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Is that sarcasm? NO ONE wants to see the old men in CM together!

Master Poster
    Is that sarcasm? NO ONE wants to see the old men in CM together!
    Yes.

18. Likes 33x likes this post
    Master Guru
    Ando has looked really good this season so far, I think Fergie isn't rushing him playing him into team.

Master Poster
    I agree with you on the midfield, everyone does. But I stand by saying that the team is capable of beating QPR at home. The team was hardly a team of individuals though and saying the team don't have a game plan is over the top as well. You've been making good points in recent posts but then say nonsense like Sir Alex has lost the plot, doesn't have a clue and has no game plan. Do you really think he's just picking names out of a hat to decide who will play in CM and say go out there and see what happens.

He's Sir Alex Ferguson, there may be some questionable team selections on occasions but he will know what his intentions are when selecting those teams, you're speaking as if he just puts a team together out of nothing and hopes for the best.

Players like Anderson and Cleverley need to play more and the improvement in tempo from our midfield is obvious when they play, but they can't play all games, we have West Ham mid week and Reading away next weekend, both of which are tougher fixtures. Old Scholes and still returning to full fitness Fletcher at home against the worst team in the league saves Carrick, Cleverley and Anderson for more difficult games coming up within the same week. You suggested earlier that you would have been happier with Cleverley and Anderson playing against QPR if I recall correctly, well they wouldn't then play in tougher games against West Ham and Reading and I bet everyone would love a Scholes and Giggs CM partnership in one of the upcoming games.
    The bolded part sounds logical, but then you have to remember Fergie also played Scholes and Giggs against Spurs, a game we lost after a lethargic first half - as expected. And saying Cleverley and Anderson can't play every game isn't a valid argument when Cleverley has played less minutes than Scholes and Anderson even less than Giggs. Surely they can start some games at least. Are we going to rest them for half a season so they can play the second half of the season?

Master Guru
    Scholes and Giggs are good for the lesser teams at home, but not together its there last season and it's starting to show a bit now.

LEGENDS!!

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Legends, but not even good enough for the so called lesser teams. they should always be a sub option or part of a 3 man CM.....if we HAVE too.

Tbh, Clevz or Ando hasnt been injured this season, so why aint they playing more?????????

I mean, we lost Pogba cos of fergies hard on for the oldies and dont anyone tell me that Pogba wasnt ready............he was then and is now...........

Master Poster
    Legends, but not even good enough for the so called lesser teams. they should always be a sub option or part of a 3 man CM.....if we HAVE too.

Tbh, Clevz or Ando hasnt been injured this season, so why aint they playing more?????????

I mean, we lost Pogba cos of fergies hard on for the oldies and dont anyone tell me that Pogba wasnt ready............he was then and is now...........
    Well some might argue they haven't been injured because they haven't played often, we'll never know though. But you're right, he should've put more trust in Pogba last season. That ship has sailed, now let's make sure the same doesn't happen with other talented youngsters. The Fergie of 95 wouldn't have any problems putting faith in the likes of Cleverley, I wonder why he's so hesitant nowadays.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    1. Clean sheet. Nothing is more important than that. This was against West Ham, a very strong, hoofball playing team. Never has our defence looked more assured
    than it did today.

2. Remember when we were on an unbeaten run in all competitions, lost to West Ham in the cup and then to Wolves where Jarvis gave us a horrendous time and, if I am not wrong, Rafael was the right back that day. Just goes to show how much Rafael has grown into probably the top right back in the premier league right now.
    3. Our best passing game and probably our worst finishing game. Looked so good while passing the goal. Anderson is re-inventing himself. To be frank he never really got himself going at OT, till now. He and Cleverley, with Carrick at the back and Kagawa/Powell/Rooney would make up for a bloody good mid-field for Europe, where with Kagawa and Powell we will also have width in PL till we buy a good winger.
    4. Nolan has to be one of the most effective under-rated mid-fielders in the league for quite some time.
    5. Rooney's first touch and those long range shots have genuinely dropped down. His work ethic was never bad, but there has been a drop of at least yards of pace and good step down in finishing. The formation we are playing right now, we would need someone at Rooney's position to be one of the fastest. There were so many instances where the break was on, like the one Hernandez had, but RVP took too much to get into the box and Rooney was no where to be seen. All these signs explain our repeated interests in Lewandowski.
    6. Saw 20 minutes of Spurs-L'pool game and managed to watch 20 minutes of Bale ripping apart Pool to shreds in every corner of the pitch. The colossal of mediocrity, Ashley Goddamn Young, came on for some 25 odd minutes and ripped himself into shreds. I would honestly give Bebe a go here!!!!

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    2) De Gea v Lindegaard

It might be slightly perverse to question what David de Gea is doing sitting on Manchester United's bench after Anders Lindegaard kept a clean sheet in the 1-0 win over West Ham but let's do it anyway. What is David de Gea doing sitting on Manchester United's bench? De Gea certainly has his faults – especially his ability to deal with crosses – but he pulls off saves that other goalkeepers can only dream of making and has kept United in matches on his own at times this season. Although Lindegaard made a good stop to deny Carlton Cole, he was not overworked by West Ham, whose best efforts mostly went high or wide. The Dane is a good goalkeeper but De Gea is a special one. Jacob Steinberg

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    #MUFC injury news: Nani out for 4-5 weeks with hamstring injury, Valencia could return for next weekend's derby, Vidic may face Cluj.

Master Poster
    What the $#@! am I watching?! 3-3 against Reading after 30 minutes. Entertaining as hell, but what an outrageously poor defence we've got. And Fletch is by far the worst player on our books at the moment. It hurts to say it, I've always liked him, but it seems like this illness was just too much to overcome. He's not anywhere near what's required of a Premier League footballer.
    Last edited by Metal Warrior; 12-01-2012 at 18:26.

Thread Information