Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1185 of 1229 FirstFirst ... 117511851195 ... LastLast
Results 29,601 to 29,625 of 30702
    Dedicated Member

All this Ronaldo talk is fantasy. His agent used the threat of going to Madrid numerous times when he was at United, now his agent is doing the reverse. And why would he want to come back? He won all he could win and became the best player in the world.

Having said that, if selling Rooney could help fund the return of Ronaldo, yes please.

Trouble is the weather hasn't improved any in Manchester.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    When you sell a top player to help finance another top player you're done as a top club.
    Other opinions are available.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    As usual useless UEFA are going to give Ferguson a disciplinary...

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Veteran
    Items Firefox LogoPS3 SlimUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by THUGGEDOUT View Post
    As usual useless UEFA are going to give Ferguson a disciplinary...
    It's ridiculous isn't it! Passion in the game is banned, but racism is ok. Cheers UEFA!
    I don't want us to sell Rooney, he is top draw and for me, still our best player. No point selling. Ronaldo will sign a new deal anyway.
    Roy Keane had some sort of weird Jamie Redknapp moment, he dropped a bollock, what was he going on about? Dangerous? Football is a contact sport and funnily enough players will often lift their boot high to control the football. The keeper knocking Vidic out was dangerous too. Probably due a pen too, oh well.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    I'm pretty damn sure if you want Ronaldo back he'll want to play with world class players such as Rooney.
    Rooney isn't the only world class player...i get that you dig rooney, i'd rather have someone who can keep his fitness...maybe ronaldo can sit with rvp.

Forum Sage

I've never understood the hype around Rooney. The guy is massively overrated, when he plays for England atleast.

Ronaldo paired up with RVP just sounds lethal, saying that as a Liverpool fan

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    Rooney isn't the only world class player...i get that you dig rooney, i'd rather have someone who can keep his fitness...maybe ronaldo can sit with rvp.
    Rooney and Ronaldo is around the same age. RVP is older. You'd solve one problem by creating another.

Rooney looks fit to me, he has looked sharp this season. He's been held back by injuries though.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    I've never understood the hype around Rooney. The guy is massively overrated, when he plays for England atleast.

Ronaldo paired up with RVP just sounds lethal, saying that as a Liverpool fan
    If you look at which player scores the most game winning goals in the PL, Rooney is up there each and every season. That's something easy to miss when watching a full season but it adds up to a huge amount of points. That's why Rooney is so valuable to my eyes.

I'd only let him go if he says he wants to go again, don't pull that trick twice.
    Last edited by Tutankhamun; 03-07-2013 at 07:30.

Forum Sage

Don't get me wrong, he is a damn good striker and probably the best out and out CF that England have produced in years (though that says more about the dire strait of English football than anything else) and he does perform when needed but I feel here in England they treat him like a god because of how well he performed in Euro 2004.

BBK. Tapatalking

Master Poster
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioPlayStationManchester UnitedGoogle Chrome

Master Poster
    Don't get me wrong, he is a damn good striker and probably the best out and out CF that England have produced in years (though that says more about the dire strait of English football than anything else) and he does perform when needed but I feel here in England they treat him like a god because of how well he performed in Euro 2004.

BBK. Tapatalking
    Who cares about Euro 2004, seriously? He's helped United to 4 titles and a Champions League, how much more does he have to prove? We don't think of him as a god, but certainly a great player. He's underwhelmed with England since 2004 but see us give a $#@!. He's still a crucial player for us.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Rooney and Ronaldo is around the same age. RVP is older. You'd solve one problem by creating another.

Rooney looks fit to me, he has looked sharp this season. He's been held back by injuries though.

If you look at which player scores the most game winning goals in the PL, Rooney is up there each and every season. That's something easy to miss when watching a full season but it adds up to a huge amount of points. That's why Rooney is so valuable to my eyes.

I'd only let him go if he says he wants to go again, don't pull that trick twice.
    Maybe, but i believe you would get an extra few years outta ronnie, and i don`t think we would get as much outta rooney at the same age, i really don`t. So ronnie would pay for himself ...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    Maybe, but i believe you would get an extra few years outta ronnie, and i don`t think we would get as much outta rooney at the same age, i really don`t. So ronnie would pay for himself ...

Granted, that may be the case. But as you know, you can sign a player in June and he can have a career ending injury in August. There's no guarantees. Rooney has had his fair amount of injuries during his career that may very well reduce the number of years he's able to play at a top level. But generally speaking, I'd put money on Rooney being willing to play on longer than Ronaldo due to Rooney having shown a willingness to take on different roles versus Ronaldo that uses speed and skill for his game and those two things tend to run out sooner or later.

Can't we have both Ronaldo and Rooney again?

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Warrior View Post
    Who cares about Euro 2004, seriously? He's helped United to 4 titles and a Champions League, how much more does he have to prove? We don't think of him as a god, but certainly a great player. He's underwhelmed with England since 2004 but see us give a $#@!. He's still a crucial player for us.

I'm not a Man united fan so i can only judge him on games that I care about. You might as well add every England competitive campaign. Everyone is the same "Is this Roo's time" Nope. lol. As i said, he is a damn good player and i'm sure he could walk into most top European clubs with relative ease however i don't think he is as good as people make out.

Maybe you should come to the UK and see how the media treats him. You'd be forgiven for thinking he is the next Messi.

Master Poster
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioPlayStationManchester UnitedGoogle Chrome
    It's interesting how different fans always seem to have different views on the way the media treats Rooney. All I've ever see is them treating him awfully. It seems like there is a fresh story every month about him. It might be that's he's fallen out with Sir Alex, that he's going to be sold or that his abilities are being doubted. Steven Howard and Neil Custis in particular make a living off writing regular nonsense about him.

I remember the first game of the season, he was one of a few players who had a bad game, but that quickly escalated into Sir Alex wanting to sell him. I remember how after that game it was reported that Sir Alex is unhappy with Rooney's form. He plays bad in the first game of the season and this means he's on poor form, after one game!?

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd
    Boss quashes Rooney rumours

"Wayne will be here next year," he promised. "You have my word on that. I have no issues at all with the player and he'll be involved on Sunday."
    manutd.com

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by santinomarella View Post
    It's interesting how different fans always seem to have different views on the way the media treats Rooney. All I've ever see is them treating him awfully. It seems like there is a fresh story every month about him. It might be that's he's fallen out with Sir Alex, that he's going to be sold or that his abilities are being doubted. Steven Howard and Neil Custis in particular make a living off writing regular nonsense about him.

I remember the first game of the season, he was one of a few players who had a bad game, but that quickly escalated into Sir Alex wanting to sell him. I remember how after that game it was reported that Sir Alex is unhappy with Rooney's form. He plays bad in the first game of the season and this means he's on poor form, after one game!?
    If I remember correctly, it wasn't the fact he had a bad game, he came back for the new season unfit. He really needs to stop being the Ricky Hatton of football, between seasons.

Couldn't give a fig if Rooney stays or goes to be honest. Just not looking forward to the drama that will become his contract situation, and you know that is coming really soon.

Ultimate Veteran
    Won't be much drama. We negotiate contracts two years in advanced. Rooney's contract is up in 2015. He'll sign a new one this year or he's sold. Not much to it.

It comes down to this, if you sell Rooney on a Monday - are you a better team on a Tuesday? If that's not the case, you don't sell him.

Master Poster
    I'm not a Man united fan so i can only judge him on games that I care about. You might as well add every England competitive campaign. Everyone is the same "Is this Roo's time" Nope. lol. As i said, he is a damn good player and i'm sure he could walk into most top European clubs with relative ease however i don't think he is as good as people make out.

Maybe you should come to the UK and see how the media treats him. You'd be forgiven for thinking he is the next Messi.
    I constantly read the English media (God knows I should know better), and the only time they ever start to hype him up is right before the international finals. Throughout the season they're only talking about unfulfilled potential and transfers as soon as he's even slightly off form or starts on the bench. If I'd never seen him play and only read the articles you'd think he's a worse version of Balotelli. Not since 2004-ish have I ever read the sort of stuff you describe.

And he IS as good as people make him out to be, not for England, but certainly for United. He has his ups and downs which is why he doesn't comapre favourably to the likes of Messi and Ronaldo, but if that's the standard then precious few players are good enough. During title run-ins and Champions League knock-outs he's often put in big performances, and that's the mark of a great player.

Ultimate Veteran
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-plus-bid.html

BRB, going out to pick up some new Nike gear.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Rooney, Ronaldo and Robin

FUUAAAARKKK!

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Rooney, Ronaldo and Robin

FUUAAAARKKK!
    It's The Sun though, so that probably means Ronaldo will sign a new 10 year contract with Real tomorrow.

Dedicated Member

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-plus-bid.html

BRB, going out to pick up some new Nike gear.
    Save your money and put it towards a Chevrolet.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...t-fund-1753862

Lots of rumours in Engerlaand, that Greggs are preparing to help out with any bid for Ronaldo, as they want him to front the new worldwide advertising campaign for their latest pastie.

The Chevrolet story is so funny. And the scousers would go nuts, unless Chevrolet can help fund the return of Owen?

Ultimate Veteran
    I would just drive my Chevy to the levee anyway.

Anyone watching the FA Cup then?

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Yep. Watchin fergie yappin now....bring on chelski.

Ultimate Veteran
    Let's hope the players are looking for blood after what happened in the CL.

Thread Information