Results 29,776 to 29,800 of 30740
    Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    What a goal from Van Persie!
    Other opinions are available.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    The second goal was better. Let's see what they do now that the 2nd half started.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    CM is still a joke but RVP = world class and so happy for danny seeing as he caused the goal they scored.

Dont want rooney to go

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Master Poster
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioPlayStationManchester UnitedGoogle Chrome
    Great start to the new season!

Can't see Rooney staying, he clearly doesn't want to be here.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by santinomarella View Post

nah. we wont sell him and he got injured in the build up to dannys 2nd goal

Ultimate Veteran
    You could see on the broadcast Rooney got tackled and stayed behind after the goal as a result. I don't think his game today makes a difference whether he stays or goes.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    We still need midfield sorted ffs, Cleverly is just not good enough. What do you guys think about the rumors about Willian? and united trying to buy someone from Madrid?

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Quote Originally Posted by LC77 View Post
    I wish Moyes would just say to the press, stop asking me about Rooney and ask Wayne himself.

I'm bored to the back teeth of Rooney, Vlad & Bale.

Just got me new shirt #7 Fellaini.

According to some bloke who does the twitter nonsense on talksport, Fellaini will cost £30 million!? And the idiots he was speaking to think he's worth the money.

I should really change my radio station.

If United really are that desperate for "a bit of steele in midfield", why not go after Barton.
    Fellaini's buy-out clause expired some weeks ago, unfortunately. He'll cost a little more, not sure if he's entirely worth it - but I'm leaning towards him not being.

Good match yesterday, CM's still a big issue - the score masked the fact Clev just wasn't up to it. RvP was typically superb and it was nice to see Welbeck double his tally from last year with the two he got. Still was a little rough, was at fault for Swansea's goal and there was a few other little niggles.

Quote Originally Posted by berts08 View Post
    We still need midfield sorted ffs, Cleverly is just not good enough. What do you guys think about the rumors about Willian? and united trying to buy someone from Madrid?
    Really not sure about Willian, didn't exactly light up the Russian league and as far as I remember isn't he better suited to the wing? What with Valencia playing a little more centrally (and doing well), plus Zaha to look to, I don't think it's the position that needs looking at as much as the CM issue. Ross Barkley was excellent yesterday and I've always rated him; 19, Moyes knows him, box-to-box, aggressive, good technique and has a decent foot on him, too. Is he the superstar we crave? No, but he's certainly got potential.
    Last edited by Shockwave; 08-18-2013 at 15:53.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Nice match and this is a great start
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    More traction now to these Ronaldo rumours... my heart can't take it. Just not fair at all.

Right, okay - let's have a look at (slightly) viable CM options this late into the window: Modric, Fabregas, Gündoğan (my ideal), Marchisio, Bender,De Rossi, Barkley, Fellaini; each of those have their own reasons to dispel any notion of availability for United, but it was worth including each.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    If united pay 30 million for fellaini then they are $#@!in idiots...cesc? No. Won't get him. Modric? Nah. Looks shabby at madrid. Gundogan, maybe..not arsed about him. Ronnie would be nice but i can see him staying..

Veteran
    Items Firefox LogoPS3 SlimUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    If united pay 30 million for fellaini then they are $#@!in idiots...cesc? No. Won't get him. Modric? Nah. Looks shabby at madrid. Gundogan, maybe..not arsed about him. Ronnie would be nice but i can see him staying..
    I'd be disapointed if we wasted 30 mill on him!

Great performance yesterday btw, we are certainly going to be there or thereabouts I reckon, I want Welbeck to succeed so badly! He's a fantastic player!

Ronaldo would be next summer I reckon! But it prob won't happen.

Cleverley is a great little footballers, but I do agree another CM is vital, Cleverley is a fantastic rotation option though! Modric would be incredible! I'd love that.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by santinomarella View Post

I forbit any football club refusing to sell any player that wants to leave, same goes with Bale & Suarez (LFC Fan) but id rather have a player who want's away to leave, what's the point keeping them when there unhappy no player is bigger than the club!! but clubs think the players are the club! wrong if you ask me. keeping best players is always good but keeping unhappy players is like a prison in a club that cant get out of.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    I forbit any football club refusing to sell any player that wants to leave, same goes with Bale & Suarez (LFC Fan) but id rather have a player who want's away to leave, what's the point keeping them when there unhappy no player is bigger than the club!! but clubs think the players are the club! wrong if you ask me. keeping best players is always good but keeping unhappy players is like a prison in a club that cant get out of.
    I expect Rooney to be professional, if anything; I don't know of any prison where you've got a real shot of breaking an all-time goalscoring record for Manchester United, play for the biggest club in England, challenge for a plethora of titles, and are paid over £200,000 per week, basic salary. I wholly understand and agree that no player is bigger than the club and in an ideal world you should let a player who's actively trying to leave go, but you simply can't if it's to a direct rival which can turn the championship race in their favour - that is, if you have genuine title aspirations yourself. Furthermore, the fee bandied about is laughable in the context of this inflated transfer window - and Rooney himself has not said that he wants to leave, bar Fergie's admission some months ago. The media are feeding off scraps and rehashing the same old story time and time again. I don't think he'll leave - people would've put their house on him leaving last time around and look what happened there; ploy to get more money etc. His agent's an asshole, too.

Ultimate Veteran
    It's funny how everyone except Rooney has commented on his leaving. Makes you wonder.

As for the CM, either Fellaini or Modric would be ideal signings in my opinion.

Wouldn't be surprised if we're ontop of Bale come September 2nd either.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    £28 millionJOINT bid for baines and fellani..................£16 for fellani even though his clause was £23 last week!

Rejected obviously.
    Last edited by 33x; 08-19-2013 at 08:45.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    What is the betting that these two will be our only signings? I'm not happy about that at all. We will prob lose Rooney too and not replace him ffs. I remember reading a month ago that some of our staff left because they thought who we were signing from Everton were not good enough for UNITED.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Neither fellaini or baines are good enough for united. $#@!in dissapointed so far this window.

Don't want either of them, especially fellaini...

19. Likes LC77 likes this post
    Veteran
    Agreed, if we got a creative cm too I'd be ok with it, we dont need an lb either

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Dedicated Member

Who's in charge of the bidding button at United? The first rejected offer for Baines was £12 million, so some bright spark decided to make the same offer... not even £12 million and a pound!

And then they offer £7.5 million less, than Fellaini was worth 3 weeks ago?

Strong rumours that a third bid for Fabregas will be £18 million & Bebe in exchange.

Everton are going to be rightly ticked off anyway, as they feel robbed how Moyes left. Any business now will have a Moyes tax on top of any price. Fellaini will cost £30 million and Baines £18 million.

Europe must be in cacking in their pants at the prospect of Fellaini playing for United in the CL, soon as he walks near a player they'll be rolling on the floor holding their face.

Arsenal and United in this window have been a joke.

I never thought I would say this, but bring back David "debt is the road to ruin" Gill.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Silly bid, all things considered. Is Fellaini United quality through-and-through? Nah, not really. Judging by the Swansea game, would he at least be an improvement? Yep, at what cost though, that's the question. Moreover, on his day Evra's top quality and Baines' 28. Is it really worth it? Especially since we've now got a couple of options at left-back to provide cover and pose a challenge to the position. Remember Evra's shaky patch last season? Buttner was bought to provide real competition and in doing so took Evra out of his false sense of security, making him actually have to get back to his best - which he did. Surprised are purported interest in Gaitán hasn't been sustained in all honesty.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    Neither fellaini or baines are good enough for united. $#@!in dissapointed so far this window.

Don't want either of them, especially fellaini...
    but think of the money they will make in the megastore selling the wigs!!

he will pay for himself in a year
    PSN = prison_inmate

Ultimate Veteran
    I actually think Fellaini would be a good solid signing. He has that ferocity we need and he'll get you some goals too.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Buttner is going on loan to Besitkas is he is $#@! anyway!!!

Happy with Fellani and one other CM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Buttner is going on loan to Besitkas is he is $#@! anyway!!!

Happy with Fellani and one other CM.
    Lol ffs he's not "$#@!", not great defensively, but going forward he's awesome, looks like a winger

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Thread Information