Page 1194 of 1229 FirstFirst ... 118411941204 ... LastLast
Results 29,826 to 29,850 of 30717
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Was surprised with how $#@! Chelsea were last night, they were they for the taking but we lacked that creativity last night. Couldve won and that shouldve been a pen (lampard)

Wazza followed by Vida was our best player last night. Does anyone actually know WHY he wanted to leave in the 1st place?

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Ultimate Veteran
    Chelsea starting without strikers says it all. Jose played for the draw, I'm glad we didn't get him as our manager that's just not how a United team should play. Moyes set up the team the United way.

The rumor regarding Rooney was that he asked Fergie what role he had in the team after the Real Madrid game. Apparently he also made a wish to play more often.

It's funny how everyone has had something to say about Rooney leaving or not leaving except the man himself.
    Other opinions are available.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Regardless we couldve and shouldve won. Danny was most guilty of wasting our best chance.

Ultimate Veteran
    Yeah we should have won it. Shame we couldn't get past them. I kept thinking during the game how Mata would complete the team (with Rooney in it) I'd put in a bid if I we're Moyes and Woodward.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Yeah, it wasn't a great game, but it wasn't too poor either. I'm worried a little for next week against Liverpool. I love watching United play, but I'm a Reds fan first. I dislike when the club of my heart plays my other favs.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Tense, tight affair and but ultimately an enjoyable enough watch. Tactics effectively cancelled themselves out with a lack of any real clear chances. Onward and upward from here, hopefully we can add a play or two and destroy Liverpool.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave View Post
    Tense, tight affair and but ultimately an enjoyable enough watch. Tactics effectively cancelled themselves out with a lack of any real clear chances. Onward and upward from here, hopefully we can add a play or two and destroy Liverpool.
    Nooooo! lol. Don't say it like that! lol The Reds defense better man up a little better come the Man U game.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    I'll be at a festival out of my nut when the match is on, goin' to miss Transfer D-Day as well. I hope to be texted updates of transfer goings-on and the scores. Heh.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Was surprised with how $#@! Chelsea were last night, they were they for the taking but we lacked that creativity last night. Couldve won and that shouldve been a pen (lampard)

Wazza followed by Vida was our best player last night. Does anyone actually know WHY he wanted to leave in the 1st place?
    He spat his dummy out of the pram and Fergie refused to pick it up. Leading to the longest sulk in footballing history.

I reckon he'll do a Webster next summer. The whole handling of Rooney has been like the transfer window, inept.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webster_ruling

Hoping the game on Sunday is a bit more exciting than that drivel was last night. All I could think watching the game last night, if only Fellaini was on the pitch to change the game with a killer pass.

Ultimate Veteran
    Rooney won't be submitting a transfer request. http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...ansfer-request

So Chelsea won't see him next week.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    And that's that hopefully. Now bring one or so in Moyes and $#@!in' play Kagawa (Giggs? I mean, really - especially against a stubborn Chelski side) and we're golden.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave View Post
    And that's that hopefully. Now bring one or so in Moyes and $#@!in' play Kagawa (Giggs? I mean, really - especially against a stubborn Chelski side) and we're golden.

Or free him!

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/...161520400.html

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Quote Originally Posted by LC77 View Post
    Yeah, it's unfortunate - he needs to be played, love the guy, he can be amazing, Moyes just has to get the finger out.

Dedicated Member

Twitter will explode if this happens... and so will I!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...niteds-2233781

I do wish Moyes would come out and stop all the rumours regarding the players that want to be at the club, like he has with the one that really doesn't.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Good article on Ronaldo's development.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...ulensteen.html

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Whilst I agree that since we are the champions and the others need to add to catch up which is what City and Spurs have done. Still it does not diverge the attention from that fact that the whole transfer policy from United in this transfer window has been laughable and in complete shambles. Just what exactly were Moyes and Woodward thinking when they bid first 25 million and then 30 million for Fabregas. I mean come on he is an elite player. I am sure if we would have offered 40 million plus add-ons that would have surely done the business. And the way we dithered on Thiago was so frustrating and what exactly for?. How can he not improve our team? As for Fellaini, it was always going to be Fabregas and Fellaini, why then was his buy-out clause allowed to expire? Woodward and Moyes have proved totally out of depth as far as the transfer dealings are concerned. For some strange reason, last few transfer windows have seen some transfer sagas involving United running for a long time only for them not to materialise in the end. Sneijder, Ozil in previous transfer windows and Fabregas and Thiago in this one. It's not the league that I am worried out but the Champions League. Lord help us if we get the group of death.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Whilst I agree that since we are the champions and the others need to add to catch up which is what City and Spurs have done. Still it does not diverge the attention from that fact that the whole transfer policy from United in this transfer window has been laughable and in complete shambles. Just what exactly were Moyes and Woodward thinking when they bid first 25 million and then 30 million for Fabregas. I mean come on he is an elite player. I am sure if we would have offered 40 million plus add-ons that would have surely done the business. And the way we dithered on Thiago was so frustrating and what exactly for?. How can he not improve our team? As for Fellaini, it was always going to be Fabregas and Fellaini, why then was his buy-out clause allowed to expire? Woodward and Moyes have proved totally out of depth as far as the transfer dealings are concerned. For some strange reason, last few transfer windows have seen some transfer sagas involving United running for a long time only for them not to materialise in the end. Sneijder, Ozil in previous transfer windows and Fabregas and Thiago in this one. It's not the league that I am worried out but the Champions League. Lord help us if we get the group of death.
    Firstly..don't worry. We still have bebe on our books..the champions league teams will $#@! themselves...On a serious note, as far as thiago goes, our chances were limited from the off. His agent is pep's bro so..ya know how the rest goes. Signing fellaini would be a last resort, although i understand it is going to happen, sadly. As for this window, letting newbie woodward sort our transfers means he is still learning how we operate tranfer wise...going from commercial revenue to spending clearly has him flumoxed lol.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    We're in Group A with Shakhtar, Bayer Lev and Sociedad. Tough 'ol group. The latter two are playing well this season and Ukraine's always a tough place to go.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    Firstly..don't worry. We still have bebe on our books..the champions league teams will $#@! themselves...On a serious note, as far as thiago goes, our chances were limited from the off. His agent is pep's bro so..ya know how the rest goes. Signing fellaini would be a last resort, although i understand it is going to happen, sadly. As for this window, letting newbie woodward sort our transfers means he is still learning how we operate tranfer wise...going from commercial revenue to spending clearly has him flumoxed lol.
    You don't want to buy just to buy either. If the right player isn't available you're better off waiting. I was really hoping we'd get Thiago but from what we've seen of him in Bayern I'm not sure he'd be right for the PL.

At this point, I think Modric and Felaini are our best options.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    You don't want to buy just to buy either. If the right player isn't available you're better off waiting. I was really hoping we'd get Thiago but from what we've seen of him in Bayern I'm not sure he'd be right for the PL.

At this point, I think Modric and Felaini are our best options.
    Felaini will come for sure. I hope proves me wrong. . Thiago was my muppet signing, but as you have said, his style isn't suited to PL..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    Felaini will come for sure. I hope proves me wrong. . Thiago was my muppet signing, but as you have said, his style isn't suited to PL..

Fergie thought he was good enough..... two years ago.

If you believe the nonsense this summer, it was Moyes and his coaching staff who thought he(Thiago) wasn't upto it in the PL. No doubt they would feel the same about, Silva, Mata, Oscar, Carzola etc....

He said something about Thiago early in the pre-season games. When asked if United were interested in him, his reply was something along the lines of "I've never been in for him". I think it could have been similar to the Varela deal, Moyes had the last word on him coming in and decided against it.

I hope I'm wrong about Fellaini, but it is a signing that does not take United forward, especially in Europe. If anything it feels like a step backwards. When you look at the other teams signings this summer, United could be struggling for fourth this year. And I don't hold much hope of getting out of that CL group.

The game against Chelsea was interesting. For the first time in donkeys years, I did not think United would score at the end of the game.

10 million offer for De Rossi(30) and Spurs are getting Eriksen(21) for 11 million.

The bids from United have been like a fisherman who goes fishing and doesn't put bait on his hook!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2406752/Manchester-United-25m-bid-Athletic-Bilbaos-Ander-Herrera-enquiry-Romas-Daniele-De-Rossi-turned-down.html

Last edited by LC77; 08-30-2013 at 17:18.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    We will get $#@!ed from multiple directions now on players we try and buy..more so than in the run up. I see fellaini as a consolation prize..only ronnie would redeem this $#@!in farce of a window for me..lol. ain't gonna happen i know but...its a $#@! time to be a transfer muppet haha

Ultimate Veteran
    I feel teams like Spurs have an advantage, our perhaps luxury, in the transfer market because they can afford to take risks. United can't really take a chance on say Eriksen because we can't afford to miss in our signings, we need to get them right 9 times out of 10. Spurs doesn't.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    I feel teams like Spurs have an advantage, our perhaps luxury, in the transfer market because they can afford to take risks. United can't really take a chance on say Eriksen because we can't afford to miss in our signings, we need to get them right 9 times out of 10. Spurs doesn't.
    Bebe.

Or you could say Spurs have, put the money where their mouth is.

United did a lot of boasting about signing new players right at the start of the summer(as did Arsenal) and now with two days to go nadda.

Maybe when Moyes was told there is no budget here, it actually meant there is NO budget here.

Dedicated Member
    #freeshinji

Thread Information