Page 1196 of 1230 FirstFirst ... 118611961206 ... LastLast
Results 29,876 to 29,900 of 30742
    Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post

We were then humiliated by Cesc.
    That was just a non-starter. I don't know why the club persisted with something that was never going to happen

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    That was just a non-starter. I don't know why the club persisted with something that was never going to happen
    United got taken for a long ride with Cesc.

I do wish the media would learn to listen, they keep banging on about missing out on Thiago, the player himself said United never made an offer for him. End of story.

I reckon the United higher-ups should get Beckham in as player recruiter. Imagine the excitement for the selling club knowing Becks is coming to town and at least they'd know who he is, unlike Hislop and Moyes.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Do you think we will bring anyone in on January?

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by berts08 View Post
    Do you think we will bring anyone in on January?
    A last minute/second panic buy on 31st January. And probably getting fleeced for Baines, to replace a highly pissed off Evra.

Talk about putting a spin on things,

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...transfer-farce

Rooney's determination to force a transfer, with a proactive agent in Paul Stretford, and Chelsea doing everything they could to push it has been such a major issue at Old Trafford it is estimated to have taken up more than half the time that United's top-level officials have devoted to working on player arrivals and departures. United were determined to make a show of force and efforts are continuing behind the scenes to convince Rooney that he can, once again, be happy at Old Trafford. It is a continuing process and there is an acceptance it will not be easy. However, it is being seen as a victory of sorts that they refused to cave in, as a point of principle, when the alternative was potentially to see him scoring 20 goals a season at Chelsea for the next few years.
    So from that piece, it is Rooneys fault that United couldn't sign more players?

Not liking the rumours surrounding RVP.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Nah. it was woodward and moyes......he called dithering dave for a reason!

what rumours? That he dont like moyes? dont blame him. here you have a genuine WC player who just won the title under fergie now he has to coached by this average $#@! moyes............its like getting the fat chick on a night out!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    A lot of borderline amateurish moves by United during the final weeks of the window, (and through its entirety in reality) could've got Fellaini a little cheaper but regardless he's here and that's the main thing. Should be a success and address our most pressing of issues; it's not ideal but it's certainly an improvement.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Ultimate Veteran
    Been busy, here's my take on the summer.

I don't feel there's any need to panic. Fellaini is a very capable player and plays the type of role we haven't had anyone in for ages. The Herrera deal was botched but we'll get him in January, no need to worry about that too much.

Bidding in Fabregas, unsuccessful as it was, was a smart thing to do. United we're obviously given indications a transfer could be possible and then you have to go for it.

Keeping Rooney was, rightly, priority number one. Moyes showed true character being able to handle that situation so well. It couldn't have been handled better. It strengthened my belief in Moyes.

Bidding as we did for Kheidera (spelling) shows we have the financial means to bid high for our targets. Which is a good sign.

Ozil will be an amazing player for Arsenal but we we're probably right, in the end, to not get him. Rooney and Kagawa plays where he plays and it'd make it very difficult keeping Kagawa whom still has so much potential to unleash for us.

Overall I think Moyes and Woodward did an okay job considering the little time they actually had this summer, remember Moyes started late at Carrington. However, I did not like the public way our transfers we're handled. I prefer to keep the m quiet and fast like under Gill and SAF. Woodward will have to truly prove himself next summer, if he doesn't he'll probably be out.

I really think some fans needs to be more patient, it is clear, in my eyes, that Moyes is the man for this club. Replacing Fergie is never going to easy but Moyes looks the part. Remember, it's been 4 games. It took Fergie 4 years to win a trophy.
    Other opinions are available.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    Been busy, here's my take on the summer.

I don't feel there's any need to panic. Fellaini is a very capable player and plays the type of role we haven't had anyone in for ages. The Herrera deal was botched but we'll get him in January, no need to worry about that too much.

Bidding in Fabregas, unsuccessful as it was, was a smart thing to do. United we're obviously given indications a transfer could be possible and then you have to go for it.

Keeping Rooney was, rightly, priority number one. Moyes showed true character being able to handle that situation so well. It couldn't have been handled better. It strengthened my belief in Moyes.

Bidding as we did for Kheidera (spelling) shows we have the financial means to bid high for our targets. Which is a good sign.

Ozil will be an amazing player for Arsenal but we we're probably right, in the end, to not get him. Rooney and Kagawa plays where he plays and it'd make it very difficult keeping Kagawa whom still has so much potential to unleash for us.

Overall I think Moyes and Woodward did an okay job considering the little time they actually had this summer, remember Moyes started late at Carrington. However, I did not like the public way our transfers we're handled. I prefer to keep the m quiet and fast like under Gill and SAF. Woodward will have to truly prove himself next summer, if he doesn't he'll probably be out.

I really think some fans needs to be more patient, it is clear, in my eyes, that Moyes is the man for this club. Replacing Fergie is never going to easy but Moyes looks the part. Remember, it's been 4 games. It took Fergie 4 years to win a trophy.
    Fergie took over a club that had a drinking and gambling culture and you cannot compare what Fergie had to what Moyes has inherited.

I think Moyes will be given time by the fans(not those idiots on twitter), but I don't think the business side of the club will give him that much time. If United are not winning things, or worst case not challenging. Then there will be less tyre companies and watch makers lining up to throw money at them.

Woodward may outlast Moyes, as he's a Glazer man through and through.

As for the Khedira bid(if it is real), whoever thought he was worth 40 million Euros needs their head testing and removing from the bidding button.

Who is Fellaini comparable to in United's recent past? Only time I've ever watched him is when he played against United, and all I could think was Duncan Ferguson with a massive hairdo.

No chance for Herrera. His club don't want to sell and United value him at £20 million.

The thing that is freaking me out about Moyes, is the reaction of Everton fans and former players. The one thing they all seem to agree on, his style of football is crap and will not be missed at Goodison.

I read this and all I could think of was Clarkson.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...enteke-2260998

Last edited by LC77; 09-09-2013 at 13:12. Reason: powerrrrrr

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    RvP's beaut against Andorra:

Big couple of weeks for United now!

10. Likes 33x likes this post
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style

Dedicated Member

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...llaini-2271945

"We had chosen to do it the way we did it because we wanted to try and get Leighton Baines," said Moyes.
    "I think he has matured as well. Every time I go and see Belgium, I always come away thinking he is their best player.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    I prefer Kagawa play LM than being benched. Both Ashley Young & Welbeck are not Man Utd quality and should go, which will make room for the better players to play.
    here is my perfect 11 for now:
    De Gea
    Rafael - Rio - Vida - Evra ( I think buttner is very good and have potential )
    Valencia(Nani) - Carrick - Fellaini - Kagawa
    Rooney
    Van Persie ( With Chicharito the direct substitute )

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    That was a damn nice strike.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    I prefer Kagawa play LM than being benched. Both Ashley Young & Welbeck are not Man Utd quality and should go, which will make room for the better players to play.
    here is my perfect 11 for now:
    De Gea
    Rafael - Rio - Vida - Evra ( I think buttner is very good and have potential )
    Valencia(Nani) - Carrick - Fellaini - Kagawa
    Rooney
    Van Persie ( With Chicharito the direct substitute )
    Kagawa plays on the left for Japan as far as I'm aware and it works, granted it's still a different system with entirely different players, but it's possible.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave View Post
    Kagawa plays on the left for Japan as far as I'm aware and it works, granted it's still a different system with entirely different players, but it's possible.
    I'd just like to see him play for United. If he starts on the left with freedom to go where he can affect the game, great. But if his job is to be a winger, sell him.

If Moyes didn't fancy Thiago, maybe he thinks Kagawa is too lightweight as well.

Looking at the players he is now being linked with, maybe the future of United is strong like bull.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Quote Originally Posted by LC77 View Post
    I'd just like to see him play for United. If he starts on the left with freedom to go where he can affect the game, great. But if his job is to be a winger, sell him.

If Moyes didn't fancy Thiago, maybe he thinks Kagawa is too lightweight as well.

Looking at the players he is now being linked with, maybe the future of United is strong like bull.
    God I'm the same, I really want to see him get a good run in the side. We're looking a little slow, cumbersome and flat - need that sort of creativity. Even if he plays a narrow on the left and links into proceedings then perfect, because he won't be usurping Rooney anytime soon in the middle. He'll get his time!

Kagawa starts! De Gea; Smalling, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra; Carrick, Fellaini; Valencia, Kagawa, Rooney; Van Persie.

Great team - let's win this, although it'll be tough.
    Last edited by Shockwave; 09-17-2013 at 19:57.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    This was definitely the first time in quite a while I had seen a complete Man Utd team. and the first time, even though we conceded two goals, we didn't exactly struggle to win a match. It just goes to prove that what we Man Utd fans have been screaming out for for such a long time was correct, being central midfield reinforcements.

Fellani was very good. Hope simple and effective he was. Him and carrick finally allowed our attack to not have to do the work of a CM!

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Yeah, give it a few weeks and we'll have a well balanced side, definitely. Fellaini definitely imposed himself and had some good takedowns, but strayed a little with his passing. His recovery made up for it, though. So happy Kagawa got minutes on the left, he'll need to feature there far more often. With the exception of Smalling for Rafael and you're preference on Valencia/Nani you're looking at United's best XI.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Actually Kagawa needs to hit the Gym more often, He needs strength to protect his talent.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave View Post
    Yeah, give it a few weeks and we'll have a well balanced side, definitely. Fellaini definitely imposed himself and had some good takedowns, but strayed a little with his passing. His recovery made up for it, though. So happy Kagawa got minutes on the left, he'll need to feature there far more often. With the exception of Smalling for Rafael and you're preference on Valencia/Nani you're looking at United's best XI.
    Zaha.

Good performance on Tuesday, but if Leverkusen are the 3rd best team in the Bundesliga, it really is the new Scottish football.

Looking like the derby will be the first real test this season.

Oh, and the higher ups at United didn't want 8 weeks of panic, they wanted 24 hours of insanity instead. They really do treat their customers like idiots. It sounded like a letter penned by Alastair Campbell.

And for that reason I am returning my official Fellaini wig for a refund.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Not. Good. Enough.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Tactically inept. Once RVP was injured we shouldve went with a 3 man midfield as you should do against citeh.

only player to come out with any credit is wazza

and for the love of god ashley young needs to $#@! off and so does tony v

The problem is:
    1) Carrick's immobility
    2) Slow centrebacks
    3) $#@!e wingers
    4) A headless chicken upfront - Welbeck
    5) Ashley Young

In the MTM, a interesting point was made. Utd. players run away from their teammate who has the ball. This conclusion was supported by the huge spaces in the midfield. For all of Carrick's supposedly great passing, he doesnt move much. That coupled with our centrebacks staying deep means that United are severely compromised in the centre midfield.
    If I could make some changes, I would have Kagawa and Rooney playing behind Van Persie, with Anderson (because we need a guy who can go past people), Felliani, and Carrick, with Smalling replacing Ferdinand. Evra and Rafael would provide the width, and Ashley Young would be serving tea in the cafeteria.
    Last edited by 33x; 09-23-2013 at 11:16.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    http://www.prideofalleurope.com/2013...hester-united/

After good victories for both sides midweek in the Champion’s League, attentions turned to Sunday afternoon as United’s challenging start to the season continued with a visit to neighbours City at the Etihad Stadium.
    For the big game, David Moyes, without the injured Robin Van Persie, started with David De Gea in goal, with Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand in front of him. Occupying the left and right back spots were Patrice Evra and Chris Smalling. In midfield, Fellaini and Carrick started centrally, with Valencia and Young occupying the wings. Up front stood Wayne Rooney and Danny Welbeck.
    The anticipating was high heading into the match, despite it being early in the season both sides looked to get one up on their rival in what was the first meeting between the two after last season’s events, and particularly the dramatic games they produced between them. If a tense, cagey and competitive affair was expected, then observers were to be left disappointed in what turned out to be a fairly one sided contest.
    United started brightly from the kick off with Rooney passing to Welbeck quickly, the young striker slipping before he could make use of it. However within the first 10 minutes, the home side began to find a rhythm and began to push forward themselves, gaining 65% possession, culminating in them gaining the lead with a quarter of an hour gone. United were left exposed on the right as Nasri went one-on-one with Smalling, as Valencia failed to get back. Kolarov was able to overlap, crossing for Aguero to volley home. City would continue to dominate the first half, using width effectively as United failed to create any chances. Valencia had an attempt from distance towards the end of the first half, but failed to find the target.
    City doubled their lead on the cusp of half time through Yaya Toure. Negredo headed Nasri’s corner, the ball finding Toure who got the ball over the line to make it 2-0, and deservedly so. What kind of response would United provide after the break?
    The answer was none as United conceded again within 2 minutes of the half starting, as Negredo easily beat vidic to cross for Aguero to make it 3-0. Almost immediately after it was 4-0 as Nasri was able to volley freely from Navas’ cross.
    A change came as Ashley Young was replaced by Cleverley. United began to make more efforts on goal, as they laboured to find the target. City, by contrast, rarely looked out of their comfort zone. With just over 20 minutes remaining, Fellaini had United’s best chance, curling an effort that nearly had Hart beaten, but the keeper reacted well to tip it over. With the game drawing to a close, the visitors managed to save some face with a consolation goal as Rooney curled a 30 yard free kick into the top corner. It was too little too late though, as City saw out the game 4-1 as David Moyes was left with plenty to think about the performance he had just seen.
    With that in mind, here are five things that may be taken from the game.

1) City went in positively, and succeeded
    It would perhaps be understating it to simply say City deserved to win. Unlikely United, they set up attack minded and their positivity paid off, taking their chances well with good moves against a United side that simply never got going. Although they made less passes than United overall (269 vs. 412), they showed a lot more threat going forward and as such created more. They used width effectively to get forward and in midfield Toure was able to run the show against an anonymous Carrick and Fellaini. There was always an element of danger as they went forward with the visitors looking vulnerable at the back and went it went to 4-0 so soon into the second half, one wondered just how bad it could get for Moyes’ side.
    United got a consolation goal through Rooney’s fantastic free kick, but in truth United deserved nothing from the game, and City went away the deserved winners in a match they dominated throughout.

2) No Van Persie, no chances?
    When news came through that Van Persie would be sitting out the game, I was understandably concerned that United’s best side would not be starting, but that others may get a chance to impress. Welbeck was chosen to partner Rooney with Young out on the left in a 4-4-2 system with the likes of Kagawa and Hernandez on the bench. It was astonishing how blunt United looked as a result. Besides Valencia’s late effort United failed to create anything in the first half, and it was not until Fellaini’s effort well into the second half that United had a chance on goal. Rooney’s free kick was a fine effort but also marked the fact United have not scored in open play in a number of games.
    It was a damning indictment of a system that simply did not work on this occasion with a lack of adaptation with exception to Cleverley replacing Young as United’s only substitution. Something was needed to kick start the game but there was nothing by way of a response as City continued to dominate.

3) Surely Kagawa’s chance?
    With all the talk of Kagawa’s favoured position and his troubles out on the left, with Van Persie out, one would have thought Sunday would have been the ideal opportunity to see him in his favoured position just behind the striker. Rooney could have played up front and Kagawa given a chance to shine rather than sit on the bench, as were some others. Given the lacklustre showing from all (perhaps bar Rooney, who showed commitment and effort), some kind of change was warranted even if the game looked beyond them. Introducing Kagawa might have provided something different in a midfield that was overrun and the wings looked lost.

4) Hernandez to leave?
    Alongside Kagawa, it is quite noticeable that Hernandez seems to be completely left out at the moment. Of course with Rooney and Van Persie firing he will find himself lower down the pecking order, but I feel he has shown his worth at getting goals to at least be seen off the bench more often that he has been so far this season. Admittedly on a day like Sunday, where United offered nothing going forward, he may not have had much effect at all, but he was still an unused option that could have provided something different when United were looking so blunt.

5) Defensively torn apart
    United’s failings up front were compounded by their vulnerabilities at the back. If the idea was to sit back and absorb pressure, it failed badly as City exposed weaknesses and found space to score with ease. Out wide, there was a lack of cover, most notably when Valencia failed to track back when Smalling was overrun. In the middle United looked sluggish and from set pieces United looked as though they could concede at any moment.
    Occasions like Sunday are undoubtedly frustrating for fans on the receiving end of such a beating, but what matters will be the response that it sparks. Games such as this one should provide the spark necessary to push on, improve and go on a winning run.
    Those calling for the head of the manager at such a stage are simply not being realistic. Sir Alex Ferguson was also on the end of some heavy defeats, but the response provided always helped make such days forgettable and it is imperative Moyes pushes the side on from here. United have had a tough start to the season, and although results have not been what was hoped, the chance to move on and get a string of results going is there for the taking.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Tactically inept. Once RVP was injured we shouldve went with a 3 man midfield as you should do against citeh.

only player to come out with any credit is wazza

and for the love of god ashley young needs to $#@! off and so does tony v

The problem is:
    1) Carrick's immobility
    2) Slow centrebacks
    3) $#@!e wingers
    4) A headless chicken upfront - Welbeck
    5) Ashley Young

In the MTM, a interesting point was made. Utd. players run away from their teammate who has the ball. This conclusion was supported by the huge spaces in the midfield. For all of Carrick's supposedly great passing, he doesnt move much. That coupled with our centrebacks staying deep means that United are severely compromised in the centre midfield.
    If I could make some changes, I would have Kagawa and Rooney playing behind Van Persie, with Anderson (because we need a guy who can go past people), Felliani, and Carrick, with Smalling replacing Ferdinand. Evra and Rafael would provide the width, and Ashley Young would be serving tea in the cafeteria.
    Was I watching a different game yesterday? Moyes came out and said Rooney was outstanding and a few other "experts" have said he was good also. But I suppose it is world cup year.

How many times did he get the better of Kompany? Answers on a postcard, please.

If Rooney was outstanding, what word should be applied to Negredo, who tore Vidic a new one. First time in a long time Vidic had a look of panic in his eyes.

Unfortunately Rooney got into a pissing contest with Kompany a contest he would not win. The Moyes obsession with Rooney is starting to grate a little. Yes we know he's looking fit again, which for a highly paid professional footballer should be a basic requirement.

Nice to see Fellaini adding that much vaunted steele to the midfield.

Vlad must be licking his lips for Wednesday night.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Quote Originally Posted by LC77 View Post
    Was I watching a different game yesterday? Moyes came out and said Rooney was outstanding and a few other "experts" have said he was good also. But I suppose it is world cup year.

How many times did he get the better of Kompany? Answers on a postcard, please.

If Rooney was outstanding, what word should be applied to Negredo, who tore Vidic a new one. First time in a long time Vidic had a look of panic in his eyes.

Unfortunately Rooney got into a pissing contest with Kompany a contest he would not win. The Moyes obsession with Rooney is starting to grate a little. Yes we know he's looking fit again, which for a highly paid professional footballer should be a basic requirement.

Nice to see Fellaini adding that much vaunted steele to the midfield.

Vlad must be licking his lips for Wednesday night.
    u misinterpreted me, he was the only one who showed fight and commimentment and played better than the rest of the $#@!ers

Thread Information