Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1198 of 1225 FirstFirst ... 118811981208 ... LastLast
Results 29,926 to 29,950 of 30609
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    Not just talking about winning the title, we are worrid that continuing like this we won't even be able to finish second, not to mention UCL.
    It's still early though. Those standings will be changing a lot in the coming weeks. City lost as well.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Yeah I'm not too worried, but nor did I think we'd repeat the title success. I would've had settled for a good CL run and top three. Every team is stumbling this season, we've had a tough start and are still adapting. We'll come good.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    One can only hope.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Haven't scored from open play since matchday one; Moyes needs to get the finger out, he has the four attackers playing oddly and it's matched by the fact that no one's in terribly good form, bar maybe Rooney.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave View Post
    Haven't scored from open play since matchday one; Moyes needs to get the finger out, he has the four attackers playing oddly and it's matched by the fact that no one's in terribly good form, bar maybe Rooney.
    And not looked like scoring either.

Where's Zaha? Everytime he came on in pre-season he changed the game, yes I know its only pre-season but he's an option not being used. And United don't have enough players who can change a game.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Quote Originally Posted by LC77 View Post
    And not looked like scoring either.

Where's Zaha? Everytime he came on in pre-season he changed the game, yes I know its only pre-season but he's an option not being used. And United don't have enough players who can change a game.
    Apparently Phil Neville, some weeks ago at a dinner/conference, said he was still getting up to speed and used to the training regime. Might have somethin' to do with it.

Dedicated Member

Apparently Phil Neville, some weeks ago at a dinner/conference, said he was still getting up to speed and used to the training regime. Might have somethin' to do with it.
    At the minute that statement could be aimed at the whole squad.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Moyes out

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Veteran
    Items Firefox LogoPS3 SlimUser name style
    Lol ffs

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    HAHA, i knew you would reply

Im not even kidding though. Average POS manager ....picking such an inept team too.....and rio needs to turn it now, he had his last great season last season......age has got him and FAST.
    Ando can go an fuck too.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    http://www.starsports.com/football/c...find-scapegoat

And so it begins. We knew that Manchester United were vulnerable. We knew that the first run of poor form under the new manager would signal a panic. The only thing we didn’t know was how quickly it would happen. United were handed a tricky start by the fixture computer, though not as tricky as Aston Villa who have two more points, but you can’t blame this start on fixtures. With respect to West Bromwich Albion, they should not be winning at Old Trafford and they certainly should not be able to dance through the United defence with impunity.
    With Saturday's defeat, all the shapeless anxieties of the summer have taken form. The lid has been pushed off the ark and the screaming, howling horrors of the netherworld have been released. We are six league games into a six-year contract and supporters are booing, columnists are frothing and serious questions are being asked of David Moyes.
    Was he the right man to replace Sir Alex Ferguson? Is he out of his depth? Should he be sacked before he can do any more damage? United have supporters all over the world and on Saturday night, tens of thousands of them were united in their fury over the social networks.
    Let’s be clear: United’s start under the former Everton boss has been wretched. For this club to have lost three games before the start of October is unprecedented in the Premier League era. That’s more than half the number of games that they usually lose all season. On the pitch, United have been underwhelming in the final third, over-reliant on set-pieces and worryingly poor at the back. Off the pitch, a crucial transfer window has been wasted. It’s not good enough.
    Nevertheless, as this storm intensifies it is imperative that supporters, and indeed journalists, tighten their grip on reality. We had long suspected that United had deteriorated in the last years of Sir Alex Ferguson’s reign. We knew that Moyes was walking into a power vacuum more vast than any that has been experienced in this game in living memory, and that has been confirmed. He isn’t replacing a man, he’s replacing a legend. Even at the upper end of expectations, a Premier League title would simply be written off by his detractors as an inheritance. This is a thoroughly thankless task.
    Moyes’ task is even more difficult when you consider how many generations of United supporters simply have no comprehension of what it is to struggle. Not since 1990 has there been any serious reason to suspect that the manager really doesn’t know what he’s doing. Even when Ferguson himself was being booed by a significant section of support in those grim, transitional seasons between the title win of 2003 and the first of three consecutive titles in 2007 there was only ever a feeling, unfounded as it turned out, that the manager had stagnated. No other club in the Premier League era has ever been so insulated from the reality that football is a chaotic, unpredictable beast that can turn on you at any time.
    It is only natural, and it is entirely justified, to moan about a start like this. Moaning is the birthright of all football supporters. But if anyone truly believes that Moyes should be sacked, they need to think again. Never mind the cost of axing a man with five years and eight months remaining on a lucrative contract, what kind of message would it send to his successor? What kind of signal would it send to the media? You only have to glance over at Stamford Bridge to see the result of endemic instability. Millions of pounds spent on one overhaul after another and only a single Premier League title in the last seven seasons. It’s all too easy to find yourself trapped in a loop of hiring and firing one potential messiah after another. It’s far harder to hold your nerve and allow situation to stabilise, but it’s far more rewarding.
    Moyes, by rights, should been given this season as something of a ‘mulligan’, a free shot while he finds his feet, but even now it probably won’t come to that. As awful as everything may seem, there are 32 games still to play and this is still the squad that romped to the title with games to spare last season. Ferguson clearly garnered more than the sum of its parts while Moyes has rather less, but this is far too early to declare a state of emergency. He will still, in all likelihood, finish in the top four with at least one cup run. That’s perfectly acceptable, all things considered.
    If the fans are looking for a scapegoat for the slow decline of the team, they would do better to look further up. They’d do better to ask themselves why, when their club accrues so much money every season, they so rarely compete with the big teams in Europe for the genuinely world class players. Barcelona signed Neymar. Real Madrid signed Gareth Bale. PSG signed Edinson Cavani. Monaco signed Radamel Falcao. Bayern Munich signed Mario Goetze. United, with all of their allure, with all of that season ticket money, with that incredible global ‘brand’, signed...erm...Marouane Fellani. You can’t blame all that on Moyes. With the exception of the signing of Robin van Persie, seen by many as a gamble at the time, when was the last time United completed a transfer that made Europe sit up and take notice?
    How much money has been siphoned out of this football club to pay off the debts the Glazer family incurred in their original purchase? How much could have been spent on leaving Moyes a squad capable of pushing on all fronts? According to Andy Green, financial expert and blogger, the Glazer’s have cost the club 500m.
    Moyes hasn’t started his career at Old Trafford well, there’s no way of hiding that. But he is hardly the only man to blame for the club’s decline and this is hardly the time to panic. It’s time for everyone to take a very deep breath.

Manchester United are zero without SAF. You're gonna watch them in the middle of the table from now on.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5Dvw2HhVyc - ''Stand by our new manager.''

It's a steep learning curve for Moyes, no doubt. He's Fergie's bloody successor, anything he does will be under unprecedented scrutiny and criticism. Sure he's made questionable decisions and comments but I'm not worried. We've had a tough start: Citeh, Chelski, Liverpool twice etc, can't believe people are calling for his head already - it's been six games!

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    As I have been saying on this forum since day one Moyes has no merit to deserve being the coach of Man Utd, except being a Scot. Would these utterly uninspired defeats and obvious mismanagement of media duties, which are all bound to alienate the players and fracture the collective bond in the club be tolerated so mildly if he was not a Brit? There is no reference to his poor and archaic tactics (the increasing use of long punts toward the area with no clear cut playing strategy , of his poor in game changes, poor player management (Kagawa , Zaha, Ferdinands non stop use) not to mention he has not even got a credible CV to fall back on.
    One should ask why would the players, who for varying stretches played under one of the best coaches of all time and won almost all there is in club football, be expected to respond to someone who is not fit to be there in the first place. Roberto Martinez is showing with give and take the same players a more purposeful and entertaining Everton. He had won a cup and is one of the most tactically innovative coaches in the EPL over the past years.
    I believe giving this unfit manager, here not by merit, but because he is a compatriot to SAF or SAFs cynical aim not to install a good successor to enhance his own prestige, should GO. And Go Early.
    I believe these comments that he should be given time is nonsense. Because all he can do is what he did till now in Everton. He is not an up and coming manager with tactical know how, whose teams play good football or a shrewd operator in the transfer market (the Laudrups and AVBs come to mind) or a guaranteed winner (the Capellos, Hiddinks and yes even Mourinho). So what are we expecting he will do to be successful all of a sudden. He is surely going to drag the team to start of another 26 yrs of failure. We should calmly examine the evidence as fans and put pressure on the club early or else we will just be fulfilling the definition of insanity week in week. Because expecting different results while doing the same thing again and again is insanity.

The problem now is who to replace Moyes if he were to be sacked? Fergie's first choice was Guardiola, who isn't leaving Bayern. There are no good options either available or who could be tempted to leave their current employers
    Reality is that Moyes will stay, but if we were to finish outside the top 4 then there may be something that happens next summer. A poor year can be acceptable if in that season there are signs of change taking place, in playing style or influence. then you can set higher targets in season 2. At the moment, I don't see that from Moyes - he seems to be playing the same players with no real tactical awareness or knowledge of how to get the best out of them. this might change over the course of the season but the signs aren't good.

Dedicated Member

I don't think Moyes should be sacked, even though I never thought he was the man for the job. And besides the size of the contract he is on, United cannot afford to pay him off. If they did sack him, would the board also ask Fergie to go?

If United had put the job on the job market and taken CV's, we all know Moyes would never have got an interview for the post. But it is all about who you know and all that.

I just hope Fergie is better at picking managers, than he was at spotting a central midfielder.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    First mistake Moyes did when he took over was the dismissing of Fergie's Staff, That was a huge mistake to replace them with inexperienced bunch of amateurs who never known the meaning of trophies, Fergie's staff know the club and the players inside out. My guess is that he wanted to be the number 1 man by not having anyone questioning him or his methods or correcting him.

Second mistake was the lack of world class signing specially that the club or himself i can't remember announced that he have an open budget. Reports that he went after Ronaldo & Bale also suggests that. We don't care that he tried for Fabregas and failed, all we care about is that no new additions has been made.

Third mistake is the way he handles the media ( Not talking about the Rooney situation ) And it gotten worse after the last defeat with all his justifications and " We will try this, we hope that" and saying that the team has problems everywhere not only gives bad hopes for fans but for the players too. All he needed t osay is " Yes, we made mistakes and we were poor, but we will get better and will be a title competitor"

Fourth mistake or is his tactical approach. All the players look lost on the field, and i refuse to blame that on players not being in shape, Almost all of them are fit, and it's still the beginning of the season. The tactical, Starting 11 and Substitutions all wrong and confusing. Moyes start thinking about different approach.
    We need to have 3 in the Midfield at all times because i can't remember how many players in the back or even little above were raising their hands when receiving the ball looking for some one to connect to, or Carrick making some pointless long ball. We also need to start defending up high and not runaway when the opposite team regains possession.

That being said i think Moyes should have This season and then we talk depending on the situation it the time. But if necessary to replace him either soon or in the future, We definitely need a Spanish mentality. We have a lot of players who can play attractive football, we need someone who makes a better use of that.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    As I have been saying on this forum since day one Moyes has no merit to deserve being the coach of Man Utd, except being a Scot. Would these utterly uninspired defeats and obvious mismanagement of media duties, which are all bound to alienate the players and fracture the collective bond in the club be tolerated so mildly if he was not a Brit? There is no reference to his poor and archaic tactics (the increasing use of long punts toward the area with no clear cut playing strategy , of his poor in game changes, poor player management (Kagawa , Zaha, Ferdinands non stop use) not to mention he has not even got a credible CV to fall back on.One should ask why would the players, who for varying stretches played under one of the best coaches of all time and won almost all there is in club football, be expected to respond to someone who is not fit to be there in the first place. Roberto Martinez is showing with give and take the same players a more purposeful and entertaining Everton. He had won a cup and is one of the most tactically innovative coaches in the EPL over the past years.
    I believe giving this unfit manager, here not by merit, but because he is a compatriot to SAF or SAFs cynical aim not to install a good successor to enhance his own prestige, should GO. And Go Early.
    I believe these comments that he should be given time is nonsense. Because all he can do is what he did till now in Everton. He is not an up and coming manager with tactical know how, whose teams play good football or a shrewd operator in the transfer market (the Laudrups and AVBs come to mind) or a guaranteed winner (the Capellos, Hiddinks and yes even Mourinho). So what are we expecting he will do to be successful all of a sudden. He is surely going to drag the team to start of another 26 yrs of failure.
    We should calmly examine the evidence as fans and put pressure on the club early or else we will just be fulfilling the definition of insanity week in week. Because expecting different results while doing the same thing again and again is insanity.

The problem now is who to replace Moyes if he were to be sacked? Fergie's first choice was Guardiola, who isn't leaving Bayern. There are no good options either available or who could be tempted to leave their current employers
    Reality is that Moyes will stay, but if we were to finish outside the top 4 then there may be something that happens next summer. A poor year can be acceptable if in that season there are signs of change taking place, in playing style or influence. then you can set higher targets in season 2. At the moment, I don't see that from Moyes - he seems to be playing the same players with no real tactical awareness or knowledge of how to get the best out of them. this might change over the course of the season but the signs aren't good.
    No one will be replacin’ Moyes, simply because he won’t be sacked. There won’t be any kneejerk reactions from this board, most certainly not. It is the steepest of learning curves, the steepest of all in football at this moment of time; Moyes has had the reigns for what, just about three months? Just think about that for a second. Just over a month competitively. Imagine if Fergie hadn’t won that FA Cup in 1990, what would’ve happened then? There’s always a degree of trial and error as Moyes tinkers with the team, formations and new strategies. Our activity in the summer has left us short, no doubt, something he readily admits to. With the team we put out against West Brom we should’ve won, but football’s unpredictable. Yup, his tactical decisions thereafter were questionable but I’d lay the blame on some disastrous performances just as much as Moyes. On a grander scale this is a difficult season for everyone – people are dropping points like crazy, but again this shouldn’t detract for the core argument over Moyes.

We can most definitely agree that his tactical nous is rightfully under scrutiny at this moment of time – at face value some of the decisions have a degree of archaism about them, but I think it’s huge oversight to presume that Ferguson – a man as much Manchester United as anyone – chose Moyes for any reason other than seeing him as up to the task. This was obviously not a decision taken lightly at all, I highly imagine he, and the powers that be, were a lot more methodical in their research regarding Moyes’ credentials. Truth is we’ll never know who the first name was up unequivocally, just like we won’t know what choice Moyes actually was. United fans have always had it so good, well, this generation of fans, we’ve not known a period of uncertainty or transition; as a result we’re now divisive and maybe even fickle over the course of action to be taken; some want Moyes out, after around ten games, and others, myself fully included, will stick with Moyes for a lot longer. This isn’t our worst start in the league, also. ‘Papers like to bandy that dross around. We’ve had it brilliantly, success to fill decades in reality; anyone expecting a seamless transition isn’t living on this planet. I hope for top three this season, but won’t hazard any other predictions all I know is I’ll support through thick and thin and hopefully the progress will arise.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Whoa, have you ever heard me say i wont support the team?

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Whoa, have you ever heard me say i wont support the team?
    No, no. Didn't mean to insinuate that I thought you weren't, either. Apologies if it came out that way. I just commented on how outlandish your criticism's being; if you take it objectively, we've got a manager (whose credentials, fair enough, may be questioned) for the best part of three months, and only one competitively, (an incredibly short period of time all things considered, like seriously that point can't be overstated) a man who's attempting to lay his marker down, teach players' his methods after they've had x amount of time doing things another way, (many of 'em will know no other way, too). Granted it has been a bumpy beginning, that was entirely expected - but have faith, we're all in this together.

20. Likes 33x wishes they had posted this first.
    Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    I hope we aren't going to have a season of disfunctional football. And by that i mean the failure of such basic fuckin moves..pass and move...or walk if you can't be arsed. Ffs...we attack..thats what we do. I can't fuckin believe the lack of interest in some of the players. Rooney looks motivated for the most part, but my god...be under no illusion, we are playing like cunts. Harsh yes, but i haven't seen anything as crap since our loss to york in 92.(?). I have to give moyes time...despite the urge to beat the shit out of ed woodward...

22. Likes 33x wishes they had posted this first.
    Power Member
    I'm not here to stick the boot in.

I questioned Moyes appointment at the time, he seems a Hodgson appointment for us. Did well at a smaller club with limited resources. Unfortunately, he has kept that small club mentality. Claiming a loss to your biggest rivals as your best performance (ala our loss to Everton) Claiming you don't have the squad to win the CL, Ferguson NEVER would have said that, even if he believed it. Saying you're now "going to try and win the next game". Then to top it off, over paying for an ex player, ala Konchesky.

I just don't see him lasting the season.

24. Likes LC77 wishes they had posted this first.
    PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    I'd take a point tonight, Shakhtar's record at home in Europe is frightening, none more so than against English teams. If we can claim the win I'll be absolutely ecstatic - COME ON, UNITED!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Very Depressing performance, we had only 1 shot on Goal in UCL since 2006 !!
    Moyes needs a Hairdryer.
    Last edited by Abdou23; 10-05-2013 at 02:42.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Alright, we need to destroy Sunderland. And score three or four. Still sour from their reaction when we lost the title at the death. No better team at the moment for us to build our performances from, Ferdinand and Giggs need to be nowhere near the starting XI, Fellaini has to hit the ground and I'm praying Rafael plays - if he does, we'll score a few, I know it.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Alright, we need to destroy Sunderland. And score three or four. Still sour from their reaction when we lost the title at the death. No better team at the moment for us to build our performances from, Ferdinand and Giggs need to be nowhere near the starting XI, Fellaini has to hit the ground and I'm praying Rafael plays - if he does, we'll score a few, I know it.
    Agree, Although i care more about our performance and chemistry than the number of goals, It's very important to see Moyes making some changes to his tactics.

Thread Information