Page 1206 of 1230 FirstFirst ... 119612061216 ... LastLast
Results 30,126 to 30,150 of 30742
    Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by yourmumsface17 View Post
    The failure? When was Phil a failure? He tried to keep Rene! But Rene would have wanted more freedom in training, saf usually let Rene do training, Rene wanted to go. Most united fans hated phelan if were being honest, and no one knows what kind of coach he is. Moyes couldn't force Rene to stay.

Playing better now, let's give moyes credit he's been making the hard decisions like dropping Rio and vidic and doing it right.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk
    I don't why anyone would hate an assistant manager? This is the first I've heard anyone say that, also - for what reason? Phil neville? yes he was a failure - he was a united reject just like darron gibson and Kieran Richardson. Good but, not good enough. [note i like the neville brothers - top guys, play with their hearts on their sleeve]

Rene was sacked. As were Mike Phelan and Eric Steele. Let's not make out moyes was being charitable to them, Eric steele says in numerous interviews, they didn't know until moyes turned up with his rabble of losers from everton.

Moyes is a very good manager, and astute, but only after he has studied his team, that seems to have lasted 6 months. I'm not sure he has that winning mentality. Let's face it, United is a squad team, and Fergie was just better at eeking out performances from the players. I am still not sure what kind of voodoo fergie used last year to totally destroy the league with only 1 major signing.

anyway lets draw a line under this

--------------------------------------------------------

Something that has been bugging me for years. Fabio is not a defender - he is a left wing/midfielder - i get the feeling he would be quite brilliant there and i think they should loan to a club with instructions stipulating that as his position.
    Last edited by victorijapoosp; 12-24-2013 at 04:07.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Five points off of top, Fletcher starts for the first time in a year and Carrick gets some minutes. There was some patchy play but we march on!

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

3. Likes victorijapoosp likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Rooney + volley = cracking goal!

Ultimate Veteran
    Starting to look like the United we know now. Finding ways to win even when we're $#@!. A couple more wins and we're in the thick of it.
    Other opinions are available.

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Its great to see Fletcher back. Top player, who is very underrated. We have missed him in the midfield, which for the last 2 years has been grim without his strength and workrate.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Ultimate Veteran
    Yeah Fletcher has looked good. Especially all things considered. We still need to sign another CM though.

Also we need to get Rooney signed up, the team looks energyless without him.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Mostly forgettable match at Carrow Road, but we've got the points and Welbeck's now got 7 in all competitions, compared to two in the whole of last year.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    For Me Welbeck is useless, I know people won't agree with me but i don't see hi mas a good player at all, Hi misses almost every ball to the opponent and focuses on the show moves more than the useful ones ( that stupid back heel ) i say stick with Hernandez, he is a better goal scorer and more useful outside the area, he always makes sure that the ball finds a teammate.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    His first touch can be iffy but he does bring a lot to the table. Creates great tempo, plays off/holds up and links well, bundles of energy and can put more purpose in our play, which sometimes seems to be going nowhere. A lot of raw talent which can be always honed with age; he's only turned 23 after all.

I rate him quite highly.

What would everyone's team be for Spurs at home?

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Rooney is coming back which is great news, Valencia too i think who has gained a lot of confidence lately, I just hope Moyes give Fabio a chance instead of Smalling which adds nothing for the attack, he is better of as a CB.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Ultimate Veteran
    I too rate Welbeck. He's probably never going to be a 20-25 goalscorer but he'll get you 10-15 a season if he reaches his potential. He brings a lot of energy and pace to our game too which is neeeed when Rooney isn't playing.

The team tomorrow depends on if Rooney is available or not.

De Gea
    Smalling - Vidic - Evans - Evra
    Valencia - Carrick - Cleverly - Young
    Kagawa
    Welbeck

With Rooney:

Rooney
    Hernandez

Veteran
    Items Firefox LogoPS3 SlimUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by victorijapoosp View Post
    I don't why anyone would hate an assistant manager? This is the first I've heard anyone say that, also - for what reason? Phil neville? yes he was a failure - he was a united reject just like darron gibson and Kieran Richardson. Good but, not good enough. [note i like the neville brothers - top guys, play with their hearts on their sleeve]

Rene was sacked. As were Mike Phelan and Eric Steele. Let's not make out moyes was being charitable to them, Eric steele says in numerous interviews, they didn't know until moyes turned up with his rabble of losers from everton.

Moyes is a very good manager, and astute, but only after he has studied his team, that seems to have lasted 6 months. I'm not sure he has that winning mentality. Let's face it, United is a squad team, and Fergie was just better at eeking out performances from the players. I am still not sure what kind of voodoo fergie used last year to totally destroy the league with only 1 major signing.

anyway lets draw a line under this

--------------------------------------------------------

Something that has been bugging me for years. Fabio is not a defender - he is a left wing/midfielder - i get the feeling he would be quite brilliant there and i think they should loan to a club with instructions stipulating that as his position.

How good is it to have Phil Neville and Ryan Giggs on the coaching staff?
    ‘I spoke a lot with Mick Phelan and Rene Meulensteen and I told them that we had two meetings with them all. Eric Steele as well. They knew that I’d been at a club for 11 years and that I’d built up relationships with my staff as well. I did ask Rene to stay with me but in the end, he thought it better that he moved on and gave me freedom. Actually, It was the right shout by Rene and I’m glad that he did do that in the end.’

‘We asked Rene to stay around. I have Phil Neville, Steve Round who is a really good coach, Jimmy Lumsden who has been with me since I was a young boy, and has been at all the club. I felt they could give me a help and balance that I needed. Warren Joyce, Nicky Butt and all the medical team all really helped me at the start to say ‘this is how we do it.’
    ‘Probably the biggest help has been Giggsy. Being a player, he is on verge of stepping into coaching and management side. I was pleased Giggsy chose to do this role because he has been a great help for me.’
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz2p2INa5dA

From the horses mouth, Moyes asked him to stay.

Lots of people hated Phelan, go to Redcafe, he got loads of abuse lol, I agree with you though, how do any of us know what he does?

Phil Neville had 263 appearances for United, that's far more than a "failure" should have. Yes he got let go because Fergie couldn't promise him the games, he then went to another big club and became their captain.

He has had a great career, still have fond memories of him absolutely dominating Arsenal in CM, anyone else remember that? What a hero.

Anyway lets draw a line under this.

------------------------------------------------------

For Me Welbeck is useless, I know people won't agree with me but i don't see hi mas a good player at all, Hi misses almost every ball to the opponent and focuses on the show moves more than the useful ones ( that stupid back heel ) i say stick with Hernandez, he is a better goal scorer and more useful outside the area, he always makes sure that the ball finds a teammate.
    He is fantastic outside the box! What the hell have I been watching if Hernandez is more useful outside the box? I have said for a long time how good he is, even when people rated Macheda higher, I said Welbeck would be better.

Welbeck for me has all the tools to be an absolutely amazing player, the only thing missing for him, in my opinion is composure in and around the area, sometimes I think he rushes the shot or doesn't believe he can score. I do think he is getting better, don't forget Drogba wasn't scoring at his age regularly.

It is no coincidence however, when we have played him as a striker he has been scoring, no more shafting him to the wing I say!

Fantastic talent, home grown (anyone seen the footage of him flicking the ball over RVN's head when he was like 14? )

Ultimate Veteran
    After watching The Class of 92 I hope Neville and Giggs stay on as coaches for the rest of their careers.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    crazy_gooner
    Surely has to be league over for United now?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    We had 4 wins on the trot, only one of them was convincing and they were all against poor teams. Except Hull who are reasonable thanks to the underrated Brucie.

Moyes is clueless, but worse than that he is totally uninspiring and his negativity comes across to players and fans. Ask yourself this would Milan, Real, Barca, or Bayern have hired Moyes? Of course not, he wouldn't have been in a list of their top 100. In fact Arsenal, City and Chelsea would never have hired him either which makes his appointment ludicrous. Moyes had gone as far as he could at Everton and Martinez has already improved them with 4 astute signings. Meanwhile we got Fellaini!

However, the problem isnt just moyes, its also the squad that isnt good enough.

Please just $#@! off now Valencia, how can playing Zaha be any worse! lets not do a pogba again!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Enjoyable match - the result notwithstanding but I can't say I'm surprised by that. As I've said previously on here aside from the Arsenal match, we've only managed to beat teams who are at risk of slipping into the relegation zone. The moment we come up against anyone who isn't struggling themselves , we find it almost impossible.

We were extremely luck to get the result at Norwich- should have been 3-0 down at half time and barring Welbeck's lucky ricochet, didn't have another clearcut chance that I can remember. The Hull match was another dreadful start and though we recovered, only won it by an own goal. Now all respect to Hull but their ambition this season started off as finishing 17th.

There were some positives to be had I think. Firstly, it's good to see Moyes is being a lot less conservative in his tactics and particularly his substitutions. ( although moving Valencia to RB cost us a goal) It's great to see Danny Welbeck finally looking as if the present spurt of goals has him breaking though some psychological barrier… Januzaj just gets better each game although it's alarming that we seem to be increasingly dependent on him to actually beat someone before a cross comes in - he's only 18 forchrissakes- and Moyes has obviously given Evans licence to take the ball upfield and run with it which never happened before.

Unfortunately those are outweighed by the problems ( quell surprise I hear thousands of people say) . Firstly, has Carrick had to be brought back too soon?… Went off at Norwich and again today. It's also quite clear that Rooney has been told to bolster the midfield but that leaves us very short of ingenuity up top while RVP is either a) injured or b) making sure he's for for the World Cup. Sadly I finally find myself having to agree with those who said Evra is finished… even though earlier I was saying he had another year in him to play alongside the likes of Luke Shaw if we could nab him, Chelsea fan that he is.
    I still think Cleverley is massively overrated, yes he can do lots of short passing fairly well and he even got forward against Villa but he falls well short of the likes of Eriksen and Dembele and those are the quality of midfielder that every team with European aspirations has at least two of.. we've got Giggs who is in danger of becoming an embarrassment like Bobby Charlton did by playing a season too far ( and lets face it; even Scholes was a shadow of his former self last season, which made him good enough rather than exceptional) Fletcher who is being given the kid glove treatment, rightly, at present , Kagawa who seems to be so pissed off at playing on the left when selected that he'll be chomping at the bit to leave this month and safeguard his world cup place and Carrick who is clearly well away from match fitness. ( Oh and Fellaini- is he injured or have we offloaded him to FC United ? )

I think we've reached the point where we won't spend big in the January window unless its to ensure Rooney and other players stay because even if we did, unless we get a defence splitting midfielder we still won't make top 4 - that much is clear. The brutal facts of life are that we've only beaten teams in the bottom half of the table plus Hull (10th) and a very tired Arsenal.

As I think I've said before, there is every chance of the whole thing unravelling in the way it did four years after my uncle first stood in the Stretford End in 1967… not saying we'll ever be relegated again but if we're not careful it will be years before we are serious challengers again.

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by crazy_gooner View Post
    Surely has to be league over for United now?

Not sure there are many United fans who really believed they could challenge this year. All the transition nonsense that has been spouted.

I thought they'd struggle for top 5 this season. Too many teams have improved to coincide with the timing of Fergie leaving. Then the debacle of the summer transfer window. And all I can think now is the Everton fans who called him Dithering Dave. Looks like they knew something Fergie didn't.

His treatment of Zaha is rather odd, almost like he doesn't want to play the last ever signing Fergie made.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    There's so many aspects that underpin the issues of this season you could actually write a book on it:

- Transition.
    - Purchases.
    - Overreliance.
    - Injury.
    - Lack of quality in positions.
    - Age of some players.
    - Questionable transfer protocol.
    - Form.
    - Belief.
    - Substitutions.
    - Mentality.

Just to name a few.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    I scrapped this season when dave took over...it is a transition period, so if you expected to win the prem first time under dave you need to lay off the the crack...btw, this isn't aimed at anybody in particular..just my 2 cents.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    United get an away trip to either Birmingham, Bristol Rovers or Crawley.

Not bad.
    Last edited by Shockwave; 01-05-2014 at 14:57.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    I hate seeing this, I wanted Moyes to do well but he is killing our club atm. We won't make top 4.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Veteran
    I can't be the only one who burst out laughing when Fabio got sent off...

My reactions:

"Yes, Fabio on! About time he got some game time"

*Fabio gets sent off*

"$#@! sakeeeee"

$#@!ing Fabio last game he ever plays.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Admittedly, I did burst out laughing, followrd by teh traditional roll of the eyes...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    Admittedly, I did burst out laughing, followrd by teh traditional roll of the eyes...
    One of those psychotic laughs where you know you are doomed.

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
    United get an away trip to either Birmingham, Bristol Rovers or Crawley.

Not bad.
    Really?

Not here to troll or anything ( im a Manc) but it looks like United are going the way Liverpool did in the late 80's.

Hope you guys enjoyed the ride but thats it, it is over now. Back to winning the odd FA Cup (obviously not this year tho...)

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Thread Information